Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Crystalline Gala 2019
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 54 55
Ok it is just me or shadows on Frozen find skin are slightly more visible now than before? If so they are still barely visible but at least they are present. Or maybe i just think they are move visible because I'm using different screen right now.

But correction or not I'm still wondering why this entry was picked, even if i like it personally it was still breaking set rules.Some will say that this is not big deal, that those can be fixed by staff layer but then why even have rules to begin with? I know that skin rules aren't as strictly restricted for contests skins but now it look like those don't matter at all which makes whole contest kind of unfair at least in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong i like this skin, and I think that art is great.
Ok it is just me or shadows on Frozen find skin are slightly more visible now than before? If so they are still barely visible but at least they are present. Or maybe i just think they are move visible because I'm using different screen right now.

But correction or not I'm still wondering why this entry was picked, even if i like it personally it was still breaking set rules.Some will say that this is not big deal, that those can be fixed by staff layer but then why even have rules to begin with? I know that skin rules aren't as strictly restricted for contests skins but now it look like those don't matter at all which makes whole contest kind of unfair at least in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong i like this skin, and I think that art is great.
Is it just me, or have Ancient Heritage and Fortress Guardian been mislabeled as accents despite the fact that they use the "skin" icon and (more importantly) cover the entire dragon?
Is it just me, or have Ancient Heritage and Fortress Guardian been mislabeled as accents despite the fact that they use the "skin" icon and (more importantly) cover the entire dragon?
Oblivion-Rising-Sig.png
An Elder Scrolls fandragon project
I remember in the beginning, people would complain if a flight's "Native species" didn't have any skins picked. (Snappers for Earth, PC's for Light, Spirals for Wind, etc.)

Tundras are Ice's "Native species" so is it really a surprise there were more of them? (Even if one was a WIP lol gg)

Still standing by my earlier disappointment at the apparel, and tsk tsk at the lack of proper artist credit.
I remember in the beginning, people would complain if a flight's "Native species" didn't have any skins picked. (Snappers for Earth, PC's for Light, Spirals for Wind, etc.)

Tundras are Ice's "Native species" so is it really a surprise there were more of them? (Even if one was a WIP lol gg)

Still standing by my earlier disappointment at the apparel, and tsk tsk at the lack of proper artist credit.
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
This would go so much better if, each month, they picked one skin/accent per species. (Not per gender! That would be too many.) There are soo many great entries each month I feel it wouldn't be difficult to pick one for each. Crystalline Gala is my favorite monthly event! But this year I only really want one of the new skins. So many of the ones I like are on species I down house/breed. XD they are nice but they would just collect dust in my hoard. Also wanted to show off my girl: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47981531] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/479816/47981531_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
This would go so much better if, each month, they picked one skin/accent per species. (Not per gender! That would be too many.) There are soo many great entries each month I feel it wouldn't be difficult to pick one for each. Crystalline Gala is my favorite monthly event! But this year I only really want one of the new skins. So many of the ones I like are on species I down house/breed. XD they are nice but they would just collect dust in my hoard.

Also wanted to show off my girl:
[quote name="bunlux" date="2019-01-28 11:15:13" ] To the people complaining about the lack of WC / SD skins and the surplus of "unpopular" breed skins: okay, but lots of people have been upset about the flip-side of this issue for a long while now. Some people have been wanting skins for those "unpopular" breeds (Tundras, Bogsneaks, Faes, etc.), either because they like / own those breeds, or because they were sick of only "popular" breeds ever winning (WCs, SDs, Coatls, etc.). Not that you can't be disappointed that there were no skins for the breed you like this fest, but complaining that all the ones that did win are for "breeds nobody likes / wants" is discrediting the people who DO like them and reinforcing the stigma that only the "pretty" breeds should (and will) win. There are tons of other skins for those breeds to wear; is it really such a bad thing that the other breeds' slim pickings are getting a little less slim? [/quote] Exactly this ^ Plus the staff is only in charge of picking what they feel to be the best skins/accents from all the entries. Its not the staff's fault if certain breeds do not get entered as much for a certain festival so the winners happened to be other breeds. And it is really rude to the artists who did win that people who don't even bother submitting entries sit around being blatantly rude about the winning skins/accents. If something isn't your taste thats fine, don't buy it. Its that easy. You don't have to hurt an artist's feelings over it.
bunlux wrote on 2019-01-28 11:15:13:
To the people complaining about the lack of WC / SD skins and the surplus of "unpopular" breed skins: okay, but lots of people have been upset about the flip-side of this issue for a long while now.

Some people have been wanting skins for those "unpopular" breeds (Tundras, Bogsneaks, Faes, etc.), either because they like / own those breeds, or because they were sick of only "popular" breeds ever winning (WCs, SDs, Coatls, etc.). Not that you can't be disappointed that there were no skins for the breed you like this fest, but complaining that all the ones that did win are for "breeds nobody likes / wants" is discrediting the people who DO like them and reinforcing the stigma that only the "pretty" breeds should (and will) win. There are tons of other skins for those breeds to wear; is it really such a bad thing that the other breeds' slim pickings are getting a little less slim?

Exactly this ^

Plus the staff is only in charge of picking what they feel to be the best skins/accents from all the entries. Its not the staff's fault if certain breeds do not get entered as much for a certain festival so the winners happened to be other breeds.

And it is really rude to the artists who did win that people who don't even bother submitting entries sit around being blatantly rude about the winning skins/accents. If something isn't your taste thats fine, don't buy it. Its that easy. You don't have to hurt an artist's feelings over it.
They/Them FR+2
Just. Be. Grateful. That. we. have. events. ya. unsatisfied. hippies.

Blease.
Just. Be. Grateful. That. we. have. events. ya. unsatisfied. hippies.

Blease.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/66MwxmR.png[/img] [color=darkgreen] [i]Agree with the species. Tundra's are native, so they should have a lot of them. Plus they choose what most fits for the season. Sometimes some skins look like repeats. So they don't want to add another.[/i]
66MwxmR.png

Agree with the species. Tundra's are native, so they should have a lot of them.
Plus they choose what most fits for the season. Sometimes some skins look like repeats. So they don't want to add another.
Lets_play_with_spirits.png
Hey I don’t wish to start an argument but the staff pick the skins and accents based on the quality of the art. If there are more quality art pieces of one breed or one gender than there probably gonna be picked. And art is in the eye of the beholder. One could say one piece of art is hideous (which none of them are) while another could say that’s the most beautiful thing they’ve ever seen. All of the skins/accents are beautiful in their own right and required time and effort and skill. I wish I had the talents of the people who won. If the skins/accents this time around aren’t your thing that’s okay, there’ll always be another festival :)
Hey I don’t wish to start an argument but the staff pick the skins and accents based on the quality of the art. If there are more quality art pieces of one breed or one gender than there probably gonna be picked. And art is in the eye of the beholder. One could say one piece of art is hideous (which none of them are) while another could say that’s the most beautiful thing they’ve ever seen. All of the skins/accents are beautiful in their own right and required time and effort and skill. I wish I had the talents of the people who won. If the skins/accents this time around aren’t your thing that’s okay, there’ll always be another festival :)
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
Happy Crystalline Gala everyone!

I love the familiar and the halo is nicely done! x'3 Congratulations to everyone who had their art chosen; I envy your talents hehe!~ ♥

I don't like the apparatus, even though it's a cool idea (hehe), but mainly because it doesn't match the other icy goodness in color tint. That being said, The idea is fun so I'll be playing around with it. x3

As always, the art of the skins is my favorite part, although I am disappointed with the aforementioned issues that have arisen because of them this year; namely the technical problems and the lack of proofreading on the staff's part. It's a new year, so I'm optimistically hoping that they will do their best to be active from here on out for these nuances, but I can't help but feel like they are understaffed/overworked/not prepared for the expansions their own site is going through.
Happy Crystalline Gala everyone!

I love the familiar and the halo is nicely done! x'3 Congratulations to everyone who had their art chosen; I envy your talents hehe!~ ♥

I don't like the apparatus, even though it's a cool idea (hehe), but mainly because it doesn't match the other icy goodness in color tint. That being said, The idea is fun so I'll be playing around with it. x3

As always, the art of the skins is my favorite part, although I am disappointed with the aforementioned issues that have arisen because of them this year; namely the technical problems and the lack of proofreading on the staff's part. It's a new year, so I'm optimistically hoping that they will do their best to be active from here on out for these nuances, but I can't help but feel like they are understaffed/overworked/not prepared for the expansions their own site is going through.
o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
Happy Crystalline Gala everyone! ^^
Happy Crystalline Gala everyone! ^^
7f798284fc0b66c3f8c0845673443a021738999d.png
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 54 55