Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Stage: Thunderhead Savanna
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 87 88
[center][permalink][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/banner_thunderstruuuuuuuuck.png[/img][/permalink][/center] There exists a plain so battered by lightning strikes, it's a wonder that life is able to thrive at all. But thrive it does, and for those who don't mind a bit of static shock, the [b]Thunderhead Savanna[/b] can be a bountiful hunting ground. [center][permalink]Click here to read more about today's update![/permalink][/center] [more] [b][size=5]New Coliseum Stage: Thunderhead Savanna[/size][/b] Today marks the launch of our newest Coliseum stage, the [b]Thunderhead Savanna[/b]. This level 14 venue is perfect for dragons transitioning from Bamboo Falls to Redrock Cove. This arid plain is constantly marred by thunderstorms and lightning strikes, making its denizens some of the quickest and most adaptable foes on Sornieth. The [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=coliseum][b]Thunderhead Savanna[/b][/url] introduces a variety of new items for your dragons to consume, barter or hoard. Finding each of these resources and relics can be a challenge. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/familiars/thunderhead1.png[/img][/center] [center][item=vista: thunderhead savanna][item=pelt-lined crate] [item=Condorwing Champion][item=Falconclaw Warrior] [item=Common Locust][item=Condor's Breastplate][item=Featherhide Locust][item=Pristine Harpy Leathers] [item=Dire Vulture][item=Flesh Forager] [item=Shredded Rambra Carcass][item=Old Emptied Nest][item=Mangled Zeeba Carcass][item=Discarded Nest Material] [item=Dustfeather Sphinx][item=Magpie Sphinx] [item=Speckled Hogfish][item=Catfeather Loop][item=Ebony Hogfish][item=Glittering Sphinxband] [item=Golden Lionsnake][item=Roving Lionsnake ] [item=Marigold][item=Desert Diadem][item=Dusty Marigold ][item=Flatlands Tiara] [item=Greattusk][item=Pale Greattusk] [item=Trampled Drygrass][item=Pachyderm Painting][item=Groundfrost Grasses][item=Demise of the Big Game Hunter] [item=King Quillrunner][item=Quillrunner] [item=Herdbeast Haunch][item=King of the Plains][item=Gamy Shockshank][item=Fangback Figurine] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/familiars/thunderhead2.png[/img][/center] [item=Ampelope][item=Starry Ampelope] [item=Livewire Endlers][item=Vibrant Savanna Pelt][item=Sparklers][item=Speckled Savanna Pelt] [item=Plainstrider Bard][item=Wintermane Minstrel] [item=Yellow Canary][item=Lost Lute][item=Red Frosted Canary][item=Storyteller's Strings] [item=Raptorik Herder][item=Raptorik Wanderer] [item=Coffee Bean Hawkmoth][item=Prairie Polearm][item=Verdemoth][item=Avian Gemstaff] [item=Rockback Charger][item=Thunderstomp] [item=Rhinoceros Beetle][item=Crackled Rhinohide][item=Lesser Bluehorn][item=Charged Rhinohide] [item=Rabid Grinfin][item=heckling hydrena] [item=Blue Buffalohead][item=Bubbly Buddy][item=Brackwater Lumphead][item=Hydrena Watertoy] [item=grassland skira][item=coursing skira] [item=Spiral Aloe][item=Hardened Clodcakes][item=Manyleaves][item=Malleable Graybricks] [item=unburdened billy][item=roundhorn rager] [item=Dustrunner Meerkat][item=Decorative Desert Tile][item=Savanna Burrowborrow][item=Beautiful Barrens Tile][/center] [br][br][b][size=5]Rockbreaker's Ceremony Skin & Accent Contest[/size][/b] The fifth annual Rockbreaker's Ceremony will begin November 25, 2018, and we're running a skin and accent contest in celebration![url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2564089] Click here for more information![/url] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2564089][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/earth_contest2.png[/img][/url][/center] [br][size=5][b]Update: Server Migration[/b][/size] Recently, our server provider was acquired by another company. As part of that acquisition, some [b]technical changes to our server infrastructure are being conducted[/b]. Unfortunately for us, the timetable for some of this changeover work is somewhat tight, and [b]may impact the website in undetermined ways[/b]. We wanted to provide you with some forewarning, as we don't have a perfect estimate of how long or short the process will be. Please see the rest of [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2563948/][b]Mutron's post in Flight Rising Discussion[/b][/url] for more information.
banner_thunderstruuuuuuuuck.png

There exists a plain so battered by lightning strikes, it's a wonder that life is able to thrive at all. But thrive it does, and for those who don't mind a bit of static shock, the Thunderhead Savanna can be a bountiful hunting ground.

New Coliseum Stage: Thunderhead Savanna

Today marks the launch of our newest Coliseum stage, the Thunderhead Savanna. This level 14 venue is perfect for dragons transitioning from Bamboo Falls to Redrock Cove.

This arid plain is constantly marred by thunderstorms and lightning strikes, making its denizens some of the quickest and most adaptable foes on Sornieth. The Thunderhead Savanna introduces a variety of new items for your dragons to consume, barter or hoard. Finding each of these resources and relics can be a challenge.
thunderhead1.png
Vista: Thunderhead Savanna Pelt-Lined Crate

Condorwing Champion Falconclaw Warrior
Common Locust Condor's Breastplate Featherhide Locust Pristine Harpy Leathers

Dire Vulture Flesh Forager
Shredded Rambra Carcass Old Emptied Nest Mangled Zeeba Carcass Discarded Nest Material

Dustfeather Sphinx Magpie Sphinx
Speckled Hogfish Catfeather Loop Ebony Hogfish Glittering Sphinxband

Golden Lionsnake Roving Lionsnake
Marigold Desert Diadem Dusty Marigold Flatlands Tiara

Greattusk Pale Greattusk
Trampled Drygrass Pachyderm Painting Groundfrost Grasses Demise of the Big Game Hunter

King Quillrunner Quillrunner
Herdbeast Haunch King of the Plains Gamy Shockshank Fangback Figurine

thunderhead2.png

Ampelope Starry Ampelope
Livewire Endlers Vibrant Savanna Pelt Sparklers Speckled Savanna Pelt

Plainstrider Bard Wintermane Minstrel
Yellow Canary Lost Lute Red Frosted Canary Storyteller's Strings

Raptorik Herder Raptorik Wanderer
Coffee Bean Hawkmoth Prairie Polearm Verdemoth Avian Gemstaff

Rockback Charger Thunderstomp
Rhinoceros Beetle Lesser Bluehorn Charged Rhinohide

Rabid Grinfin Heckling Hydrena
Blue Buffalohead Bubbly Buddy Brackwater Lumphead Hydrena Watertoy

Grassland Skira Coursing Skira
Spiral Aloe Hardened Clodcakes Manyleaves Malleable Graybricks

Unburdened Billy Roundhorn Rager
Dustrunner Meerkat Decorative Desert Tile Savanna Burrowborrow Beautiful Barrens Tile

Rockbreaker's Ceremony Skin & Accent Contest

The fifth annual Rockbreaker's Ceremony will begin November 25, 2018, and we're running a skin and accent contest in celebration! Click here for more information!
earth_contest2.png

Update: Server Migration

Recently, our server provider was acquired by another company. As part of that acquisition, some technical changes to our server infrastructure are being conducted. Unfortunately for us, the timetable for some of this changeover work is somewhat tight, and may impact the website in undetermined ways.

We wanted to provide you with some forewarning, as we don't have a perfect estimate of how long or short the process will be.

Please see the rest of Mutron's post in Flight Rising Discussion for more information.
OHHHH SWEET! Looks great! I love the new familiars x-x
OHHHH SWEET! Looks great! I love the new familiars x-x
Ddzlm.gif GWCTV.gif ZYbZZ.gif If you don't mind clicking, I'd be very appreciative :)
:EYES:
:EYES:
qORik4k.png
w1CdbTm.pngZFlrDoH.pngkHxUj1v.pngOeanPLa.pnglwpUqXK.png7GFlGJN.png
RdFMRYi.png
iiaMf9J.png ANpScM2.png
How unexpected and exciting!
How unexpected and exciting!
ZQGfAQY.png
Sweet new venue!!!
Sweet new venue!!!
ezgif-1-e71bed4989.gif
AAAAAA I LOVE IT
AAAAAA I LOVE IT
Rat_3.pngRat_4.png
i'll be safe in the place that you said was mine

tali ♦ they/them ♦ FSD addiction
FR+3 ♦ ping friendly
Rat_2.pngRat_1.png
What a nice surprise!
What a nice surprise!
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
I saw the Ampelope in the Bestiary and hopped in, all excited to see a new Coliseum venue – because I love venues, and I love familiars. And it looks wonderful. Great design. I am ready to do some hard farming and love it. I was running out of fresh familiars anyway. I adore the 'lopes, the Hydrenas, and the new Skiras especially. And all the cats, and elephants, and these lovely blues and greens. They're beyond reproach. I've already got a familiar and some coffee-addicted moths, and this is a great way to finish off my evening.

But honestly, FR team… I’m feeling a little exasperated with this, too. What’s it going to take before we can get a Plague venue? Lightning already has the Golem Workshop, and more nebulously the Sandswept Delta. Plague has been perpetually stiffed and I just get more and more :/ every time elements get clear doubles or even triples with these new releases. Please give the Scarred Wasteland some love. It’s a perfect backdrop for a venue.
I saw the Ampelope in the Bestiary and hopped in, all excited to see a new Coliseum venue – because I love venues, and I love familiars. And it looks wonderful. Great design. I am ready to do some hard farming and love it. I was running out of fresh familiars anyway. I adore the 'lopes, the Hydrenas, and the new Skiras especially. And all the cats, and elephants, and these lovely blues and greens. They're beyond reproach. I've already got a familiar and some coffee-addicted moths, and this is a great way to finish off my evening.

But honestly, FR team… I’m feeling a little exasperated with this, too. What’s it going to take before we can get a Plague venue? Lightning already has the Golem Workshop, and more nebulously the Sandswept Delta. Plague has been perpetually stiffed and I just get more and more :/ every time elements get clear doubles or even triples with these new releases. Please give the Scarred Wasteland some love. It’s a perfect backdrop for a venue.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Yay!
edit: first time on the first page!
Yay!
edit: first time on the first page!
YEEHAW
YEEHAW
68180427.png

- My name's Levi
- Male
- I eat dirt