Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flameforger's Festival 2018
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 54 55
[quote name="Pandella" date="2018-08-27 15:02:34" ] [quote name="nekosysteme" date="2018-08-27 13:42:14" ] [quote name="Hounds" date="2018-08-27 11:59:14" ] they're really needs to be like, half and half winners of male v female. its SUPER ridiculous that there's only one female skin. also it feels like the there's less variety of species as time goes on and more "popular" breed skins are picked over others. there's two MALE IMP skins, no female imp, and there's no tundra at all. i'm disappointed tbqh, like the items from joxar look awesome and so does the familiar, but it'd be really nice to have at least one skin for each dragon breed as a winner, with the flight's representative race having one for male and female. [/quote] The problem with that is... instead of the nicest skins being picked, you'd have to follow a quota. Which I don't approve of. It could very stressful for the artists who do those skins. They couldn't work on something that inspires them, they'd have to look and/or predict what breed are less likely to be picked, since they'd have less chances of winning if they take a more popular breed. So you'd have someone who did a really great job, who put a lot of time and effort in their skin, but they can't be picked because ''there's too many male skins already''... I don't think that's fair. At all. Of course if the skins were made by the staff and not the users, that would be different. But it's a contest. Contests are suppose to be fair. [/quote] However, if there isn't a quota we end up with this: not any diversity at all. Just 2 male imps, 2 male ridgebacks, 2 male wildclaws, and 1 female skin total. How is that fair at all? [/quote] It's fair for the artists. Maybe not the players who buy the skins or for the dragons, but it's definitly fair for the artists who put efforts and time doing those skins.
Pandella wrote on 2018-08-27 15:02:34:
nekosysteme wrote on 2018-08-27 13:42:14:
Hounds wrote on 2018-08-27 11:59:14:
they're really needs to be like, half and half winners of male v female. its SUPER ridiculous that there's only one female skin. also it feels like the there's less variety of species as time goes on and more "popular" breed skins are picked over others. there's two MALE IMP skins, no female imp, and there's no tundra at all.

i'm disappointed tbqh, like the items from joxar look awesome and so does the familiar, but it'd be really nice to have at least one skin for each dragon breed as a winner, with the flight's representative race having one for male and female.

The problem with that is... instead of the nicest skins being picked, you'd have to follow a quota. Which I don't approve of. It could very stressful for the artists who do those skins. They couldn't work on something that inspires them, they'd have to look and/or predict what breed are less likely to be picked, since they'd have less chances of winning if they take a more popular breed.

So you'd have someone who did a really great job, who put a lot of time and effort in their skin, but they can't be picked because ''there's too many male skins already''... I don't think that's fair. At all.

Of course if the skins were made by the staff and not the users, that would be different. But it's a contest. Contests are suppose to be fair.
However, if there isn't a quota we end up with this: not any diversity at all. Just 2 male imps, 2 male ridgebacks, 2 male wildclaws, and 1 female skin total. How is that fair at all?

It's fair for the artists. Maybe not the players who buy the skins or for the dragons, but it's definitly fair for the artists who put efforts and time doing those skins.
@nekosysteme I agree omg??

To add on, maybe there are more male skins because the artists chose to do those breeds? I don't see why are you all so ungrateful of their efforts.

And if the contest wasn't chosen by effort, then what's the point to put any in it at all? It's quality over the breeds.. just appreciate the effort, please ;; ?

If any of you are artists, then you would truly know the stress and hard work that we put in the entries. Just... stop complaining over the 1 female and rest male breeds. At least they all look very nice
@nekosysteme I agree omg??

To add on, maybe there are more male skins because the artists chose to do those breeds? I don't see why are you all so ungrateful of their efforts.

And if the contest wasn't chosen by effort, then what's the point to put any in it at all? It's quality over the breeds.. just appreciate the effort, please ;; ?

If any of you are artists, then you would truly know the stress and hard work that we put in the entries. Just... stop complaining over the 1 female and rest male breeds. At least they all look very nice
Pardon my intruding into the skin gender discussion, but many, if not most of the honorable mentions are female skins and accents - including* beauts like Snapdragoon's, Zenikat's, EndlessDragon's, StarstruckDoodle's, and possibly TalaTari's (there's two there, a male and a female skin) - there were a lot of amazing pieces that happened to be for female dragons, including some that did wind up being quality enough to get staff recognition. They did exist in the last contest.

I think it's fair for people to be down that they can't equip the skins to their favorite dragons. I'm not personally sure a quota would solve it, but this comes up every time the ratio of dragons is skewed heavily in breed or gender. People get sad about it.

*I definitely missed some but it is very early in the morning and I almost put these in img tags instead of url, please forgive me.
Edit: Yeah I even broke it trying to fix that. Whoops.

--

On the topic of the fest in general - really glad to have fire halos because it fits a longtime dragon of mine immensely. :V The skins this year are gorgeous and really fitting to some dragons that I wasn't sure how to outfit so that's great too. Having fun so far!
Pardon my intruding into the skin gender discussion, but many, if not most of the honorable mentions are female skins and accents - including* beauts like Snapdragoon's, Zenikat's, EndlessDragon's, StarstruckDoodle's, and possibly TalaTari's (there's two there, a male and a female skin) - there were a lot of amazing pieces that happened to be for female dragons, including some that did wind up being quality enough to get staff recognition. They did exist in the last contest.

I think it's fair for people to be down that they can't equip the skins to their favorite dragons. I'm not personally sure a quota would solve it, but this comes up every time the ratio of dragons is skewed heavily in breed or gender. People get sad about it.

*I definitely missed some but it is very early in the morning and I almost put these in img tags instead of url, please forgive me.
Edit: Yeah I even broke it trying to fix that. Whoops.

--

On the topic of the fest in general - really glad to have fire halos because it fits a longtime dragon of mine immensely. :V The skins this year are gorgeous and really fitting to some dragons that I wasn't sure how to outfit so that's great too. Having fun so far!
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Taekiu
Excuse me for dropping in, but we have the right to express both praise and criticism. Calling someone displeased with admin's choices straight up ungrateful is kinda rude. No one said those skins are bad, just that they would like more female skins, so not like they're going around insulting artists. And on another note, I'm an artist myself and personally I don't see anything wrong with it, not being able to take a slight critique won't make you progress and eventually fall from your high horse and the fall will hurt.
@Taekiu
Excuse me for dropping in, but we have the right to express both praise and criticism. Calling someone displeased with admin's choices straight up ungrateful is kinda rude. No one said those skins are bad, just that they would like more female skins, so not like they're going around insulting artists. And on another note, I'm an artist myself and personally I don't see anything wrong with it, not being able to take a slight critique won't make you progress and eventually fall from your high horse and the fall will hurt.
@Taekiu Ungrateful?Please excuse me but I don't remember asking anyone to make these skins or being given any freebies here.

If an artist went to the trouble of making someone a custom skin and not charge for it, then go around telling people how bad this skin just because its not what they had in mind,then yes,you could say that person is ungrateful.

But in this context the word should be "Dissatisfied" or "Disappointed" since we didn't ask for these skins/accents.
These artists chose on their very own to participate, no one forced them to join,so why do we act like they are some kind of poor innocent victims?They joined,they knew once they put out content for everyone they will be given both positive and negative feedback,that's how life works.

Welcome to the internet,a place filled by people with different opinions we are all allowed to voice.
@Taekiu Ungrateful?Please excuse me but I don't remember asking anyone to make these skins or being given any freebies here.

If an artist went to the trouble of making someone a custom skin and not charge for it, then go around telling people how bad this skin just because its not what they had in mind,then yes,you could say that person is ungrateful.

But in this context the word should be "Dissatisfied" or "Disappointed" since we didn't ask for these skins/accents.
These artists chose on their very own to participate, no one forced them to join,so why do we act like they are some kind of poor innocent victims?They joined,they knew once they put out content for everyone they will be given both positive and negative feedback,that's how life works.

Welcome to the internet,a place filled by people with different opinions we are all allowed to voice.
17.png37.png90.png

Wavecrest Saturnalia

y6tbxWr.pngIRzboi3.pngNC2ceIo.pngSDTXnpH.png
ze8wEB3.png

Code:
ze8wEB3.png

Mistral Jamboree

FdXgviZ.pngAeYnAM6.pngIRkrlkr.pngRCD2mOL.png
QBZFjBr.png

Code:
QBZFjBr.png

Trickmurk Circus

qqLBHcq.pngMdpDO8d.pngit6GpCF.png3e94Gpa.png
tzdYBHr.png

Code:
tzdYBHr.png

Crystalline Gala

nx63yDs.pngTpQIr0g.png3do1AjF.pngOTXJQ9a.png
fBZO2yk.png

Code:
fBZO2yk.png

Rockbreaker's Ceremony

XfOE65H.pngnLWLaef.pngTf27638.png4FDQFf5.png
22kVsPK.png

Code:
22kVsPK.png

Riot of Rot

APe9ksa.pngCPXPWom.pnghwpOz43.pngE27J5Sp.png
DVcXRyP.png

Code:
DVcXRyP.png

Starfall Celebration

by8xXGb.pnggKPKkO8.pngjr6wBiA.png4oO1RBo.png
TjcrwIq.png

Code:
TjcrwIq.png

Flameforger's Festival

RZwWAC0.pngK5ou5OR.pngwIsYlqw.png78U0Gge.png
fdN4PVq.png

Code:
fdN4PVq.png

Thundercrack Carnivale

4B2NHT5.png39TxZGF.pngm7MUqYd.pngYsjbxG8.png
DQLlbOg.png

Code:
DQLlbOg.png

Brightshine Jubilee

3Z9d4pU.pngLasirx9.pngAhWKxlz.pngA28Svy9.png
Az39OYD.png

Code:
Az39OYD.png

All the Festivals

You heard right. This image rotater randomly displays one of the exisiting signatures.
You'll see something new everytime you refresh. I'll try to keep this link up to date with new sets.

Lichtdrache.gif

Code:
Lichtdrache.gif

Others

0Eukkgx.pngcxbFZBI.pngD4jazTx.pngt2lHNjZ.pngZ1OhMta.pngHDlVg7g.png2HZAytX.pngJc6ZU5D.pngqAOaXBj.pngGek4MgE.pngeGd50yb.pngEmDXb3p.pngKptxMMR.pngM5Uxne4.pngIHku0SS.pngC373QQQ.pngiXiHpnr.pngsaTxNdL.pngQtezsCP.png

Commissions & Requests

Commissions - CLOSED
Since some of you asked for it: I'll draw a single familiar/creature/Pokémon/etc.
Please keep in mind that the festival familiars will most likely arrive for their festivals. Let me know whether you want your commissioned adoptable to be free to use for everyone or not.

Requests - CLOSED
You can always make free suggestions if you want me to draw specific familiars for everyone to use. If there's enough interest and i have some spare time, i might add them as well!

Special Thanks

You can thank these amazing people for sponsoring adoptables or donating money. Thanks to them I can do what I love!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Frenkle
thatjubi
Marceline
NanamiChiaki
Kurayami
ViewtifulJen
Kattata
adorableAxolotl
CatkinStarchild
Texere
oooooooooooo Shakshun
SilverLanayru
ErwilMinsa
Druddigon8
Yara
Lyra531
EclipseStar
ClearLakes44
Reckless
OtterQueen

Pinglist

-0rangedragon -Kaitorubel -Nulume -Juri01 -Chiliphantump122 -Dreamcoyote -PoisonedTea -TheEmptyCity -SimFeetUnder -CrystalBones -Zenium -Reckless -RedlaSunShowers -AeonsMusings -Celine -genmoi -ScarletWolfsong -snickers629 -Anarthyan -Atzien -miirshroom -pooses -Gibby -Maegelcarwen -Kapara -rooty -Stormdragon -Vanitas -ClearLakes44 -Kissie -Nympharia -Luca20 -Yara -OpalDreams -nemodave -CatsAndMaths -Kiryn -Kpribbit -Perrydotto -BobEvans -Splatoon -Aiden -Maddiebird -rantothedevil -bcrush -kriski -Dest -BianchaJo -Autopsy -CircusCuties -Wolvenrose -SoulLugia11 -Crisp -Tigenki -FoolishRay -icecreamdude26 -Gardenie -ShiroiYoukai -Fellefan -ThornOfStorm130 -WeyrLeader -lovesnivy -PhoebeBird -KCDragons -Marceline -Cyrsei -Poppystar -Hyperbole -Xotis -ToothyApocalypse -absolmon -NicoleEirin -heartcrusher1 -WickedHorror -SilverLanayru -OpalSplash514 -StellarWing -Maximum4 -Syncogon -Dreamcoyote -Mriikel -GhostFromTheMoon -GrumpyCatlover -LucarioLand -Parda -Vistron -SoullessRogue -Ethras -Valthan -Tacodoodle -WolfSong -Decarnard -IcyNinetales -Zephyr23 -Minimum -Meda -lackingsanity -Suttungr -Sevenink -xXDarkeXx -Yanisha -Effervessa -Kibble -Yolindanne -Doggo -IamPainIamGod -ClawOfLife -koolkabe -jazzyjaz -Minxwolfie -TheTigersDen -Niya -Trippfaerie -somnomania -Airys -TheMathematician -MawkishMuse -ElecSquirrel10 -Alcina -AlexBleurose -Pasteluma -vulstal -joy1joy1 -MLSmith995 -Ookamiotoko -Animequeen -PositiveDragon -VodkaGhosts -sarcastickitten -freshpeachez -Anacapri -timetot -KyaruTheWriter -Evolution2 -Aquastargirl123 -kipinae -bellzan -sunsetfire -NanamiChiaki -Kattata -Broderick -DiamondNoodles -Arrakis -Exaltier -LittleRogue -Quinnigan -ShouLyon -Nydra -Vulqostrun -raiikyuu -Aquacoral -LilCipherz -Harbinger -NerdyBirdieLove -Pieeee -Thestoneofdoom -Lundlaeva -Lolschen -Cryptozoolo -kriskrossness -Starrlight -SimplePianist -rene92 -zzzhorses -CosmicSummer -Carnimirie -TalonOcharria -Myrrien -Forestglade -Icefire55 -Starmax -LeMuffinMaster -RoseyVaporeon -MissFortune17 -Ririterasu -Elysianibata -Beezadrella -Ellapinky -Rosie -Ellapinky -Jetfeather -Onikuma -WillowtheWisp -Geist

Last edited on Jun 21, 2017 11:17:05 by Lichtdrache
uk9aQ3a.pngxm3SUTd.pngqyXz5ux.png
@UndefinedBeing

But what has been has been done? Why are you guys making it a big deal about there being one female and rest male? There’s no point in arguing in something that really can’t be changed,, it’s the admins choice whether to pick which ones are the best for the contest. I know you guys are disappointed? But it’s not worth so complaining about it anymore ,, if im rude for calling you guys ungrateful, then isnt not appreciating the skins rude?

@Lostdaydreams
Look i know?? I didn’t even say that people won’t be getting crictism but this isn’t really criticizing anything,, it’s really more of talking about there being more males than females and then being disappointed? So i can say instead its more of the admins thing than the artists thing,, but yeah
@UndefinedBeing

But what has been has been done? Why are you guys making it a big deal about there being one female and rest male? There’s no point in arguing in something that really can’t be changed,, it’s the admins choice whether to pick which ones are the best for the contest. I know you guys are disappointed? But it’s not worth so complaining about it anymore ,, if im rude for calling you guys ungrateful, then isnt not appreciating the skins rude?

@Lostdaydreams
Look i know?? I didn’t even say that people won’t be getting crictism but this isn’t really criticizing anything,, it’s really more of talking about there being more males than females and then being disappointed? So i can say instead its more of the admins thing than the artists thing,, but yeah
@Taekiu
If it's not worth complaining, then why did you bother to post about us complaining? That's contradicting a bit. It's not a matter of not appreciating something, because I do appreciate the effort the artists put in their skins, but even so, it's not rude - it's called having a different taste and given there's as many various tastes as there are people, stating your opinion in a civilized way is not an offense.
@Taekiu
If it's not worth complaining, then why did you bother to post about us complaining? That's contradicting a bit. It's not a matter of not appreciating something, because I do appreciate the effort the artists put in their skins, but even so, it's not rude - it's called having a different taste and given there's as many various tastes as there are people, stating your opinion in a civilized way is not an offense.
@Taekiu First of all,I personally didn't care much about the one female skin.I find it a rather funny mistake on the admins side because I think they didn't even notice they had chosen only male skins given how they seem to always chose purely on "If I like it" type of selection.But the others are mad at it and I find it rather justified since is the only time of the year were each element can get multiple skins at prices everyone can afford.

Second of all yes,you are VERY rude actually,because you talking down to people,acting like we own something to someone.Again,NO ONE asked for these particular skins to be made,don't talk to disappointed players like someone did them a favor, and its their own fault the outcome didn't come as planed.

Third of all,only you think people are mad at the artists,when really most of our frustrations are directly towards the admins. I've lost count of how many people said they don't like the current system of choosing skins and they want an interactive voting system or just generally have more criteria in the selection because the current one is too generalizing for most people's liking.

@Taekiu First of all,I personally didn't care much about the one female skin.I find it a rather funny mistake on the admins side because I think they didn't even notice they had chosen only male skins given how they seem to always chose purely on "If I like it" type of selection.But the others are mad at it and I find it rather justified since is the only time of the year were each element can get multiple skins at prices everyone can afford.

Second of all yes,you are VERY rude actually,because you talking down to people,acting like we own something to someone.Again,NO ONE asked for these particular skins to be made,don't talk to disappointed players like someone did them a favor, and its their own fault the outcome didn't come as planed.

Third of all,only you think people are mad at the artists,when really most of our frustrations are directly towards the admins. I've lost count of how many people said they don't like the current system of choosing skins and they want an interactive voting system or just generally have more criteria in the selection because the current one is too generalizing for most people's liking.

17.png37.png90.png

Wavecrest Saturnalia

y6tbxWr.pngIRzboi3.pngNC2ceIo.pngSDTXnpH.png
ze8wEB3.png

Code:
ze8wEB3.png

Mistral Jamboree

FdXgviZ.pngAeYnAM6.pngIRkrlkr.pngRCD2mOL.png
QBZFjBr.png

Code:
QBZFjBr.png

Trickmurk Circus

qqLBHcq.pngMdpDO8d.pngit6GpCF.png3e94Gpa.png
tzdYBHr.png

Code:
tzdYBHr.png

Crystalline Gala

nx63yDs.pngTpQIr0g.png3do1AjF.pngOTXJQ9a.png
fBZO2yk.png

Code:
fBZO2yk.png

Rockbreaker's Ceremony

XfOE65H.pngnLWLaef.pngTf27638.png4FDQFf5.png
22kVsPK.png

Code:
22kVsPK.png

Riot of Rot

APe9ksa.pngCPXPWom.pnghwpOz43.pngE27J5Sp.png
DVcXRyP.png

Code:
DVcXRyP.png

Starfall Celebration

by8xXGb.pnggKPKkO8.pngjr6wBiA.png4oO1RBo.png
TjcrwIq.png

Code:
TjcrwIq.png

Flameforger's Festival

RZwWAC0.pngK5ou5OR.pngwIsYlqw.png78U0Gge.png
fdN4PVq.png

Code:
fdN4PVq.png

Thundercrack Carnivale

4B2NHT5.png39TxZGF.pngm7MUqYd.pngYsjbxG8.png
DQLlbOg.png

Code:
DQLlbOg.png

Brightshine Jubilee

3Z9d4pU.pngLasirx9.pngAhWKxlz.pngA28Svy9.png
Az39OYD.png

Code:
Az39OYD.png

All the Festivals

You heard right. This image rotater randomly displays one of the exisiting signatures.
You'll see something new everytime you refresh. I'll try to keep this link up to date with new sets.

Lichtdrache.gif

Code:
Lichtdrache.gif

Others

0Eukkgx.pngcxbFZBI.pngD4jazTx.pngt2lHNjZ.pngZ1OhMta.pngHDlVg7g.png2HZAytX.pngJc6ZU5D.pngqAOaXBj.pngGek4MgE.pngeGd50yb.pngEmDXb3p.pngKptxMMR.pngM5Uxne4.pngIHku0SS.pngC373QQQ.pngiXiHpnr.pngsaTxNdL.pngQtezsCP.png

Commissions & Requests

Commissions - CLOSED
Since some of you asked for it: I'll draw a single familiar/creature/Pokémon/etc.
Please keep in mind that the festival familiars will most likely arrive for their festivals. Let me know whether you want your commissioned adoptable to be free to use for everyone or not.

Requests - CLOSED
You can always make free suggestions if you want me to draw specific familiars for everyone to use. If there's enough interest and i have some spare time, i might add them as well!

Special Thanks

You can thank these amazing people for sponsoring adoptables or donating money. Thanks to them I can do what I love!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Frenkle
thatjubi
Marceline
NanamiChiaki
Kurayami
ViewtifulJen
Kattata
adorableAxolotl
CatkinStarchild
Texere
oooooooooooo Shakshun
SilverLanayru
ErwilMinsa
Druddigon8
Yara
Lyra531
EclipseStar
ClearLakes44
Reckless
OtterQueen

Pinglist

-0rangedragon -Kaitorubel -Nulume -Juri01 -Chiliphantump122 -Dreamcoyote -PoisonedTea -TheEmptyCity -SimFeetUnder -CrystalBones -Zenium -Reckless -RedlaSunShowers -AeonsMusings -Celine -genmoi -ScarletWolfsong -snickers629 -Anarthyan -Atzien -miirshroom -pooses -Gibby -Maegelcarwen -Kapara -rooty -Stormdragon -Vanitas -ClearLakes44 -Kissie -Nympharia -Luca20 -Yara -OpalDreams -nemodave -CatsAndMaths -Kiryn -Kpribbit -Perrydotto -BobEvans -Splatoon -Aiden -Maddiebird -rantothedevil -bcrush -kriski -Dest -BianchaJo -Autopsy -CircusCuties -Wolvenrose -SoulLugia11 -Crisp -Tigenki -FoolishRay -icecreamdude26 -Gardenie -ShiroiYoukai -Fellefan -ThornOfStorm130 -WeyrLeader -lovesnivy -PhoebeBird -KCDragons -Marceline -Cyrsei -Poppystar -Hyperbole -Xotis -ToothyApocalypse -absolmon -NicoleEirin -heartcrusher1 -WickedHorror -SilverLanayru -OpalSplash514 -StellarWing -Maximum4 -Syncogon -Dreamcoyote -Mriikel -GhostFromTheMoon -GrumpyCatlover -LucarioLand -Parda -Vistron -SoullessRogue -Ethras -Valthan -Tacodoodle -WolfSong -Decarnard -IcyNinetales -Zephyr23 -Minimum -Meda -lackingsanity -Suttungr -Sevenink -xXDarkeXx -Yanisha -Effervessa -Kibble -Yolindanne -Doggo -IamPainIamGod -ClawOfLife -koolkabe -jazzyjaz -Minxwolfie -TheTigersDen -Niya -Trippfaerie -somnomania -Airys -TheMathematician -MawkishMuse -ElecSquirrel10 -Alcina -AlexBleurose -Pasteluma -vulstal -joy1joy1 -MLSmith995 -Ookamiotoko -Animequeen -PositiveDragon -VodkaGhosts -sarcastickitten -freshpeachez -Anacapri -timetot -KyaruTheWriter -Evolution2 -Aquastargirl123 -kipinae -bellzan -sunsetfire -NanamiChiaki -Kattata -Broderick -DiamondNoodles -Arrakis -Exaltier -LittleRogue -Quinnigan -ShouLyon -Nydra -Vulqostrun -raiikyuu -Aquacoral -LilCipherz -Harbinger -NerdyBirdieLove -Pieeee -Thestoneofdoom -Lundlaeva -Lolschen -Cryptozoolo -kriskrossness -Starrlight -SimplePianist -rene92 -zzzhorses -CosmicSummer -Carnimirie -TalonOcharria -Myrrien -Forestglade -Icefire55 -Starmax -LeMuffinMaster -RoseyVaporeon -MissFortune17 -Ririterasu -Elysianibata -Beezadrella -Ellapinky -Rosie -Ellapinky -Jetfeather -Onikuma -WillowtheWisp -Geist

Last edited on Jun 21, 2017 11:17:05 by Lichtdrache
uk9aQ3a.pngxm3SUTd.pngqyXz5ux.png
@Taekiu I think stating your opinion in this thread makes a whole lot of sense. The admins probably didn't even notice that they almost only chose male skins. So, if people point out that that happened and that they're not pleased with it maybe they'll take a moment in future festivals to check if it's at least a little balanced. People used to complain a lot that there was an abundance of Imperial skins and I feel like the admins chose more skins for other breeds since then.
@Taekiu I think stating your opinion in this thread makes a whole lot of sense. The admins probably didn't even notice that they almost only chose male skins. So, if people point out that that happened and that they're not pleased with it maybe they'll take a moment in future festivals to check if it's at least a little balanced. People used to complain a lot that there was an abundance of Imperial skins and I feel like the admins chose more skins for other breeds since then.
heEdE34.pngeO3BVs7.png
I understand the demand for female skins, but I really don’t see the big deal. Sure, maybe it’d be nice if we had more gender diversity to fit our dragons, but there’s a limit to how many the admins can choose. Complaining about the admins choosing mainly male skins is pretty much saying that they should choose a more balanced selection of skins, even if they might not represent or show the spirit of the festival as well as others. On the other hand, complaining about the artists choosing to draw more male skins than female is their choice. It’s their choice of medium, but I don’t quite see the “why” of complaining to them. They just did what they wanted to do. They shouldn’t be blamed. I speak as an artist, though I haven’t liked any skins ive designed yet. I don’t mean to offend anyone here, I’m just stating my opinion as everyone can. If you were getting a little free handout of a postcard with art on it, would you be focusing on how it was drawn with arcrylic instead of watercolor? I’d like to enjoy the entire postcard or skin/festival as a whole rather than meddle over the genders. Thank you to the artists who made entries and created amazing skins and accents for us to use!
I understand the demand for female skins, but I really don’t see the big deal. Sure, maybe it’d be nice if we had more gender diversity to fit our dragons, but there’s a limit to how many the admins can choose. Complaining about the admins choosing mainly male skins is pretty much saying that they should choose a more balanced selection of skins, even if they might not represent or show the spirit of the festival as well as others. On the other hand, complaining about the artists choosing to draw more male skins than female is their choice. It’s their choice of medium, but I don’t quite see the “why” of complaining to them. They just did what they wanted to do. They shouldn’t be blamed. I speak as an artist, though I haven’t liked any skins ive designed yet. I don’t mean to offend anyone here, I’m just stating my opinion as everyone can. If you were getting a little free handout of a postcard with art on it, would you be focusing on how it was drawn with arcrylic instead of watercolor? I’d like to enjoy the entire postcard or skin/festival as a whole rather than meddle over the genders. Thank you to the artists who made entries and created amazing skins and accents for us to use!
2fdbfac9_0033_40c6_b90e_7c7c6ea7c2d8_by_silverwing0519-dchgpiu.gif2zr4y0I.png
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 54 55