Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Firefly: A New Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 81 82
[img]https://i.gifer.com/B6RG.gif[/img]
B6RG.gif
5kODyPT.gifDlO6vXs.gifZF2TQvw.gif
~welcome to Eerie Lands of shadows and mischief~
.all who roam here are cunning and of questionable sanity.
[quote name="McAlli" date="2018-05-28 11:28:25" ] [quote name="LicianDragon" date="2018-05-26 16:32:45" ] I am...extremely disappointed. We have been given many examples of the amazing artwork done on this site. We have the super intricate like crystal and cherub, down to the nicely subtle, like smirch and contour. This....What, did someone let their nephew mess with a dragon psd and a tablet and you decided to release it to us? It in no way holds to the art standard seen elsewhere on this site. Nothing is anywhere near this cartoony or flatly drawn. I redid an xxx obidisan dragon with firefly. This took me 20 [i]minutes[/i]. [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/d698/th/pre/f/2018/146/c/f/capture_by_liciandragon-dccl724.png[/img] The colors for the fireflies and glow are picked directly from the colors of obsidian falcon and look; you can see them! Not only that, they look like actual fireflies! I say this as an artist who is far below the skill level of those working for FR. If I can scrap this up in 20 minutes, I know FR artists could do something utterly amazing. I know FR is praised for it's update frequency, but [b]please[/b] don't let that expectation start impacting the quality of what you give us. I'd much rather get some extremely well done genes every few months, than some half-worked genes monthly. Firefly should never have been released in this state. [/quote] Agreed. When I saw this announcement I couldn't believe the quality of this gene. And I don't even know if I can reasonably call it a gene. It's so frustrating to see the constant inconsistency when it comes to gene quality. I expect a certain level of quality because the art team has set the bar high -- genes like Iridescent, Butterfly, Opal, Cherub prove the capability and creativity of the team. How am I supposed to praise this gene? With "fireflies" that are a child's rendition of a bug that have the airbrush tool overlayed on them? This is lazy. There's no other way to put it. [/quote] this is some tea right here
McAlli wrote on 2018-05-28 11:28:25:
LicianDragon wrote on 2018-05-26 16:32:45:
I am...extremely disappointed. We have been given many examples of the amazing artwork done on this site. We have the super intricate like crystal and cherub, down to the nicely subtle, like smirch and contour. This....What, did someone let their nephew mess with a dragon psd and a tablet and you decided to release it to us? It in no way holds to the art standard seen elsewhere on this site. Nothing is anywhere near this cartoony or flatly drawn.

I redid an xxx obidisan dragon with firefly. This took me 20 minutes.
capture_by_liciandragon-dccl724.png
The colors for the fireflies and glow are picked directly from the colors of obsidian falcon and look; you can see them! Not only that, they look like actual fireflies! I say this as an artist who is far below the skill level of those working for FR. If I can scrap this up in 20 minutes, I know FR artists could do something utterly amazing.

I know FR is praised for it's update frequency, but please don't let that expectation start impacting the quality of what you give us. I'd much rather get some extremely well done genes every few months, than some half-worked genes monthly. Firefly should never have been released in this state.

Agreed.

When I saw this announcement I couldn't believe the quality of this gene. And I don't even know if I can reasonably call it a gene.

It's so frustrating to see the constant inconsistency when it comes to gene quality. I expect a certain level of quality because the art team has set the bar high -- genes like Iridescent, Butterfly, Opal, Cherub prove the capability and creativity of the team. How am I supposed to praise this gene? With "fireflies" that are a child's rendition of a bug that have the airbrush tool overlayed on them?

This is lazy. There's no other way to put it.
this is some tea right here
siggy-3.pngsiggy-2.pngsiggy-1.png
Admins, please reply to my ticket from a year ago.
Admins, please reply to my ticket from a year ago.
[quote name="Ushirinaki" date="2018-05-28 12:28:17" ] [quote name="McAlli" date="2018-05-28 11:28:25" ] [quote name="LicianDragon" date="2018-05-26 16:32:45" ] [/quote] [/quote] I kinda feel bad for agreeing to this? It's not really "gene worthy" in my opinion as well. This kinda looks like an accent that had no effort put into it rather than a complimenting gene that makes your dragon pop or just make it look at least somewhat prettier. Even a basic gene like contour is more appealing than this. At least try to make them look like fireflies instead of small bugs a child would draw like butterflies with some airbrush tool hovering by them. [/quote] Same here. :(
Ushirinaki wrote on 2018-05-28 12:28:17:
I kinda feel bad for agreeing to this? It's not really "gene worthy" in my opinion as well. This kinda looks like an accent that had no effort put into it rather than a complimenting gene that makes your dragon pop or just make it look at least somewhat prettier. Even a basic gene like contour is more appealing than this. At least try to make them look like fireflies instead of small bugs a child would draw like butterflies with some airbrush tool hovering by them.

Same here. :(
What coliseum place/stage name can i battle for the gene's required items? :D Thank you~
I really like it, just putting it out there ^^
What coliseum place/stage name can i battle for the gene's required items? :D Thank you~
I really like it, just putting it out there ^^
WHO LET THE ANIMATORS COOK?
2nd worst thing theyve created (affectionate)
Screenshot-2024-03-31-at-4-00-18-PM.pngFUFUF.gifScreenshot-2024-03-31-at-4-06-03-PM.png
[quote name="McAlli" date="2018-05-28 11:28:25" ] [quote name="LicianDragon" date="2018-05-26 16:32:45" ] I am...extremely disappointed. We have been given many examples of the amazing artwork done on this site. We have the super intricate like crystal and cherub, down to the nicely subtle, like smirch and contour. This....What, did someone let their nephew mess with a dragon psd and a tablet and you decided to release it to us? It in no way holds to the art standard seen elsewhere on this site. Nothing is anywhere near this cartoony or flatly drawn. I redid an xxx obidisan dragon with firefly. This took me 20 [i]minutes[/i]. [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/d698/th/pre/f/2018/146/c/f/capture_by_liciandragon-dccl724.png[/img] The colors for the fireflies and glow are picked directly from the colors of obsidian falcon and look; you can see them! Not only that, they look like actual fireflies! I say this as an artist who is far below the skill level of those working for FR. If I can scrap this up in 20 minutes, I know FR artists could do something utterly amazing. I know FR is praised for it's update frequency, but [b]please[/b] don't let that expectation start impacting the quality of what you give us. I'd much rather get some extremely well done genes every few months, than some half-worked genes monthly. Firefly should never have been released in this state. [/quote] Agreed. When I saw this announcement I couldn't believe the quality of this gene. And I don't even know if I can reasonably call it a gene. It's so frustrating to see the constant inconsistency when it comes to gene quality. I expect a certain level of quality because the art team has set the bar high -- genes like Iridescent, Butterfly, Opal, Cherub prove the capability and creativity of the team. How am I supposed to praise this gene? With "fireflies" that are a child's rendition of a bug that have the airbrush tool overlayed on them? This is lazy. There's no other way to put it. [/quote] THIS
I am...extremely disappointed. We have been given many examples of the amazing artwork done on this site. We have the super intricate like crystal and cherub, down to the nicely subtle, like smirch and contour. This....What, did someone let their nephew mess with a dragon psd and a tablet and you decided to release it to us? It in no way holds to the art standard seen elsewhere on this site. Nothing is anywhere near this cartoony or flatly drawn.

I redid an xxx obidisan dragon with firefly. This took me 20 minutes.
capture_by_liciandragon-dccl724.png
The colors for the fireflies and glow are picked directly from the colors of obsidian falcon and look; you can see them! Not only that, they look like actual fireflies! I say this as an artist who is far below the skill level of those working for FR. If I can scrap this up in 20 minutes, I know FR artists could do something utterly amazing.

I know FR is praised for it's update frequency, but please don't let that expectation start impacting the quality of what you give us. I'd much rather get some extremely well done genes every few months, than some half-worked genes monthly. Firefly should never have been released in this state.

Agreed.

When I saw this announcement I couldn't believe the quality of this gene. And I don't even know if I can reasonably call it a gene.

It's so frustrating to see the constant inconsistency when it comes to gene quality. I expect a certain level of quality because the art team has set the bar high -- genes like Iridescent, Butterfly, Opal, Cherub prove the capability and creativity of the team. How am I supposed to praise this gene? With "fireflies" that are a child's rendition of a bug that have the airbrush tool overlayed on them?

This is lazy. There's no other way to put it.

THIS
NmS5GYp.png LRsHRNT.png b8wk9GD.png DtPHRBn.png
Where would you gather fanned cockroaches...?
Where would you gather fanned cockroaches...?
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/ub3rschnitzel/
http://picarto.tv/PinkCandyDoodles

PM me and ask me for drawings of dragons!
@Kurotennoko
fanned cockroaches drop from Silky Fanrats in the Waterway
@Kurotennoko
fanned cockroaches drop from Silky Fanrats in the Waterway
3Mji0Ul.png
*** is this?

I don't care that it's a tert but the art quality of this is fecking terrible and down right lazy. Hell I'm not that great of an artist but I've could've done something better than this.

I'm gonna rest it here because other people have voiced the same concerns I have in much more detail.

*** is this?

I don't care that it's a tert but the art quality of this is fecking terrible and down right lazy. Hell I'm not that great of an artist but I've could've done something better than this.

I'm gonna rest it here because other people have voiced the same concerns I have in much more detail.

91741235.png77876607.png
so many ungrateful people??
so many ungrateful people??
dczs3nl-43d2b676-fe43-4f56-8bfe-1eaf5f76b574.png
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 81 82