Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coming Soon: Bounty of the Elements
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 157 158
I finally managed to catch up with the new lore and I gotta admit, those stories are kinda hard to read. Don't get me wrong - I really enjoyed them, but I had to read certain parts 2-3 times before I fully got what's going on or what dragon did that certain thing pr spoke. And some situations still left me confused, which is kinda embarassing. It's not even the vocabulary being the problem, but rather the style they're written in. Though that's probably because I'm not a native english speaker and I'm used to a whole different narrating style.
I finally managed to catch up with the new lore and I gotta admit, those stories are kinda hard to read. Don't get me wrong - I really enjoyed them, but I had to read certain parts 2-3 times before I fully got what's going on or what dragon did that certain thing pr spoke. And some situations still left me confused, which is kinda embarassing. It's not even the vocabulary being the problem, but rather the style they're written in. Though that's probably because I'm not a native english speaker and I'm used to a whole different narrating style.
[quote name="Limanya" date="2018-03-02 08:53:20" ] h y p e forum report...finally... finally... also i'm totally gonna make everyone join me in this dragon hell now. it's gonna be fun! [/quote] OMG I SO AGREE
Limanya wrote on 2018-03-02 08:53:20:
h y p e

forum report...finally...
finally...

also i'm totally gonna make everyone join me in this dragon hell now. it's gonna be fun!

OMG I SO AGREE
tumblr_n7uvb86mDP1tfzajgo1_500.gif
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/EA641eN.jpg[/img][/center]
EA641eN.jpg
As a member of Plague flight, I'd like to say I'm not at all disappointed by today's story. While I had been hoping for Plague to have its own story, the concept for The Seed and The Sickness made up for this and I don't feel cheated in the slightest. This story was probably one of my favorites so far and I look forward to the remainder of them, knowing now that every flight will at least get some part in the new lore.

Also, is it bad that I ship Liefa and Garote? I'd really like to see more of their relationship (platonic or romantic)
As a member of Plague flight, I'd like to say I'm not at all disappointed by today's story. While I had been hoping for Plague to have its own story, the concept for The Seed and The Sickness made up for this and I don't feel cheated in the slightest. This story was probably one of my favorites so far and I look forward to the remainder of them, knowing now that every flight will at least get some part in the new lore.

Also, is it bad that I ship Liefa and Garote? I'd really like to see more of their relationship (platonic or romantic)
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
Someone mentioned that there were only ten spots before, and it didn't even occur to me that the 'Sister Flights' might be combined - I really liked this update! Plague was represented in an interesting way, and Nature wasn't quite clear of fault (though unintended). I'm loving these so far; Very nice to have the conclusions remain 'up in the air' for now.
Someone mentioned that there were only ten spots before, and it didn't even occur to me that the 'Sister Flights' might be combined - I really liked this update! Plague was represented in an interesting way, and Nature wasn't quite clear of fault (though unintended). I'm loving these so far; Very nice to have the conclusions remain 'up in the air' for now.
HzGpUHb.png
Tbh its really disappointing that y'all chose to give every flight their very own lore book except Plague and Nature, kind if feels like a slap in the face to both flights. Pretty darn lazy and not even that compelling of a story, this is honestly why I ignore the canon lore. This was a really big let down, I was really hopin for some lore into more Plague lore to go more in depth with survival but nah, just got a big tree and a very boring protagonist.
Tbh its really disappointing that y'all chose to give every flight their very own lore book except Plague and Nature, kind if feels like a slap in the face to both flights. Pretty darn lazy and not even that compelling of a story, this is honestly why I ignore the canon lore. This was a really big let down, I was really hopin for some lore into more Plague lore to go more in depth with survival but nah, just got a big tree and a very boring protagonist.
OddOz
"My peace has always depended on the ashes in my wake"
-Hozier Arsonist's Lullaby
cRiDBwF.png
@FatherGascoigne - I can't say I'm not a little disappointed, too, TBH - Kinda wanted our own little story, and a different perspective on Plague would have been cool, too.
I just like to see the best in things ^_^
@FatherGascoigne - I can't say I'm not a little disappointed, too, TBH - Kinda wanted our own little story, and a different perspective on Plague would have been cool, too.
I just like to see the best in things ^_^
HzGpUHb.png
@Raptorgrrl

You're having a more positive outlook which is better then where I'm at haha, thats good though to see the positives in things. I was just really hoping to see the flip side of plague, with doctors and scientists perhaps working on strains of diseases, or even the packs of mirrors and such. The writing is good, I'm just going to come up with my own lore for my plague dragons, that's all. ^^
@Raptorgrrl

You're having a more positive outlook which is better then where I'm at haha, thats good though to see the positives in things. I was just really hoping to see the flip side of plague, with doctors and scientists perhaps working on strains of diseases, or even the packs of mirrors and such. The writing is good, I'm just going to come up with my own lore for my plague dragons, that's all. ^^
OddOz
"My peace has always depended on the ashes in my wake"
-Hozier Arsonist's Lullaby
cRiDBwF.png
Hmm... so we have a mysterious organization funding the digs where strange things are happening, and a conspiracy to end the Armistice between Nature and Plague. Same organization, maybe? A bunch of unaligned dragons with an alterior motive?
Hmm... so we have a mysterious organization funding the digs where strange things are happening, and a conspiracy to end the Armistice between Nature and Plague. Same organization, maybe? A bunch of unaligned dragons with an alterior motive?
Despite the mixed feelings about Nature and Plague being combined in the lorebooks, it's at least a comfort to know that no Flight is left behind.

What I'm interested to know is if the Light entry will mention the fiasco with our friend Umbrann.

Also, since Water flight are the oracles and such, perhaps we'll get some insight on some of the mysteries we've been pondering.
Despite the mixed feelings about Nature and Plague being combined in the lorebooks, it's at least a comfort to know that no Flight is left behind.

What I'm interested to know is if the Light entry will mention the fiasco with our friend Umbrann.

Also, since Water flight are the oracles and such, perhaps we'll get some insight on some of the mysteries we've been pondering.
Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 157 158