Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, February 2017
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
[quote name="@Natakiro" date=2017-02-18 07:38:30] [quote name="Gaia" date=2017-02-17 14:18:31] Also even if current builds become obsolete or less useful than they are now, you wouldn't need to replace your coli team entirely. You can use a Tincture of Dissolution to reset the stat points of a dragon and reassign them in a new way. Tinctures cost 30k treasure in the treasure MP, and (as part of the plans laid out in the WotW) everybody will be receiving 3 free tinctures when the coliseum update goes live. :) [/quote] [color=#006ab8]I really hope that Eliminate isn't made less useful, as a lot of people had to spend a bit to get them for their teams, too. When you have 6 coli members, that really adds up. Also, I know that I'm probably not the only one who will just not fix their teams until other people have figured out the best new builds for farming and training. I have 2 farmers, 2 kelps, 1 golem mage, and 1 mire; I'm not gonna touch them until I know the best for all of that, and here's to hoping some of those builds don't become useless. [/quote] I definitely feel you - all my 40 dragons are lv25, statted and stoned..! Fingers crossed we'll be able to use them still without (too much) rework or further investments!
@Natakiro wrote on 2017-02-18:
Gaia wrote on 2017-02-17:
Also even if current builds become obsolete or less useful than they are now, you wouldn't need to replace your coli team entirely. You can use a Tincture of Dissolution to reset the stat points of a dragon and reassign them in a new way. Tinctures cost 30k treasure in the treasure MP, and (as part of the plans laid out in the WotW) everybody will be receiving 3 free tinctures when the coliseum update goes live. :)

I really hope that Eliminate isn't made less useful, as a lot of people had to spend a bit to get them for their teams, too. When you have 6 coli members, that really adds up. Also, I know that I'm probably not the only one who will just not fix their teams until other people have figured out the best new builds for farming and training. I have 2 farmers, 2 kelps, 1 golem mage, and 1 mire; I'm not gonna touch them until I know the best for all of that, and here's to hoping some of those builds don't become useless.

I definitely feel you - all my 40 dragons are lv25, statted and stoned..! Fingers crossed we'll be able to use them still without (too much) rework or further investments!
[quote name="Gaia" date=2017-02-18 10:34:22] [quote name="@Natakiro" date=2017-02-18 07:38:30] [quote name="Gaia" date=2017-02-17 14:18:31] Also even if current builds become obsolete or less useful than they are now, you wouldn't need to replace your coli team entirely. You can use a Tincture of Dissolution to reset the stat points of a dragon and reassign them in a new way. Tinctures cost 30k treasure in the treasure MP, and (as part of the plans laid out in the WotW) everybody will be receiving 3 free tinctures when the coliseum update goes live. :) [/quote] [color=#006ab8]I really hope that Eliminate isn't made less useful, as a lot of people had to spend a bit to get them for their teams, too. When you have 6 coli members, that really adds up. Also, I know that I'm probably not the only one who will just not fix their teams until other people have figured out the best new builds for farming and training. I have 2 farmers, 2 kelps, 1 golem mage, and 1 mire; I'm not gonna touch them until I know the best for all of that, and here's to hoping some of those builds don't become useless. [/quote] I definitely feel you - all my 40 dragons are lv25, statted and stoned..! Fingers crossed we'll be able to use them still without (too much) rework or further investments! [/quote] [color=#006ab8]Oh boy, that would be a [i]LOT [/i]of trouble! I feel lame for complaining about 6 XD Still looking forward to the eventual coli update, though ^^
Gaia wrote on 2017-02-18:
@Natakiro wrote on 2017-02-18:
Gaia wrote on 2017-02-17:
Also even if current builds become obsolete or less useful than they are now, you wouldn't need to replace your coli team entirely. You can use a Tincture of Dissolution to reset the stat points of a dragon and reassign them in a new way. Tinctures cost 30k treasure in the treasure MP, and (as part of the plans laid out in the WotW) everybody will be receiving 3 free tinctures when the coliseum update goes live. :)

I really hope that Eliminate isn't made less useful, as a lot of people had to spend a bit to get them for their teams, too. When you have 6 coli members, that really adds up. Also, I know that I'm probably not the only one who will just not fix their teams until other people have figured out the best new builds for farming and training. I have 2 farmers, 2 kelps, 1 golem mage, and 1 mire; I'm not gonna touch them until I know the best for all of that, and here's to hoping some of those builds don't become useless.

I definitely feel you - all my 40 dragons are lv25, statted and stoned..! Fingers crossed we'll be able to use them still without (too much) rework or further investments!

Oh boy, that would be a LOT of trouble! I feel lame for complaining about 6 XD Still looking forward to the eventual coli update, though ^^
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
[quote name="Axqu" date=2017-02-18 08:11:38] It seems like the forums are steadily becoming more "kid friendly" with the revamp to GD and the removal of the personal story stuff. How long until Plague lore gets pared down for younger audiences? I understand wanting to keep the tone lighter, but maybe an 18+ forum would be a good idea so we can discuss deeper issues without messing with the community at large? [/quote] ...I don't see how it would be more "kid friendly" that way..? Most of the personal rants aren't really kid un-friendly. Well, maybe for little kids, but toddlers don't play FR anyway. I see no relation here, and I don't like the trend of making FR "kid friendly" myself. And like I've said before, if you want to discuss 18+ things, or your intimate personal drama, there's plenty of more suitable places on the internet to do that. Besides, it's not like you can't discuss deep or serious topics under current rules (with the exception of politics and religion, which were, iirc, semi-banned already). It's a matter of people exposing their whole lives for everybody to see - at least that's how I understand that, and it seems consistent with the clarification the staff gave us.
Axqu wrote on 2017-02-18:
It seems like the forums are steadily becoming more "kid friendly" with the revamp to GD and the removal of the personal story stuff. How long until Plague lore gets pared down for younger audiences? I understand wanting to keep the tone lighter, but maybe an 18+ forum would be a good idea so we can discuss deeper issues without messing with the community at large?

...I don't see how it would be more "kid friendly" that way..? Most of the personal rants aren't really kid un-friendly. Well, maybe for little kids, but toddlers don't play FR anyway. I see no relation here, and I don't like the trend of making FR "kid friendly" myself. And like I've said before, if you want to discuss 18+ things, or your intimate personal drama, there's plenty of more suitable places on the internet to do that. Besides, it's not like you can't discuss deep or serious topics under current rules (with the exception of politics and religion, which were, iirc, semi-banned already). It's a matter of people exposing their whole lives for everybody to see - at least that's how I understand that, and it seems consistent with the clarification the staff gave us.
frsig1_by_ragoni-dal06o7.pngfrsig2_by_ragoni-dal06op.pngfrsig3_by_ragoni-dal06pf.pngfrsig4_by_ragoni-dal06py.pngfrsig5_by_ragoni-dal06ql.png
hype
hype
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
Great now I'm going to have to see all the personal challenges I don't care about again
Great now I'm going to have to see all the personal challenges I don't care about again
@Aequorin So, are wishlists an acceptable thread for the personal quests/challenge forum? I'll happily ask for mine to be moved over if that's the case.
@Aequorin So, are wishlists an acceptable thread for the personal quests/challenge forum? I'll happily ask for mine to be moved over if that's the case.
@AetherSeer [quote name="Aequorin" date=2017-02-16 06:45:57] [quote name="Maki" date=2017-02-16 06:42:41] Can we post wishlists in the new Quests & Challenges forum? [/quote] @Maki, wishlists are not interactive and are still considered spam. In general, threads must be open for discussion or replies. [/quote]
@AetherSeer
Aequorin wrote on 2017-02-16:
Maki wrote on 2017-02-16:
Can we post wishlists in the new Quests & Challenges forum?

@Maki, wishlists are not interactive and are still considered spam. In general, threads must be open for discussion or replies.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
@mithrel Thanks for finding that for me. Question answered, I suppose.
@mithrel Thanks for finding that for me. Question answered, I suppose.
I'm honestly pretty bummed about the General Discussion forum getting neutered. I mean, I understand why--especially about medical advice, religion, and politics--but on the other hand.. this is a great community, very supportive, very interesting people with all kinds of backgrounds. You were always guaranteed to find some interesting threads and good discussions. Not to mention that when it came to life problems, this site is uniquely friendly. It's one reason I've preferred to post here rather than in other more "suitable" places--even about some distinctly unpleasant things.

I'm pretty sad about it, I won't lie :"( I kinda feel like all the color is gone.
I'm honestly pretty bummed about the General Discussion forum getting neutered. I mean, I understand why--especially about medical advice, religion, and politics--but on the other hand.. this is a great community, very supportive, very interesting people with all kinds of backgrounds. You were always guaranteed to find some interesting threads and good discussions. Not to mention that when it came to life problems, this site is uniquely friendly. It's one reason I've preferred to post here rather than in other more "suitable" places--even about some distinctly unpleasant things.

I'm pretty sad about it, I won't lie :"( I kinda feel like all the color is gone.
Yeah, I can understand why the changes were made in general discussion but I can also understand why people are upset about it too. Maybe when the policy has been in effect for awhile, some of the details can be outlined more, or some exceptions can be made... Just by reading this thread, I'm seeing examples of where the things that are banned now are used well. But I've also been to other board and seen when talking about those things gets ugly... I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens...
Yeah, I can understand why the changes were made in general discussion but I can also understand why people are upset about it too. Maybe when the policy has been in effect for awhile, some of the details can be outlined more, or some exceptions can be made... Just by reading this thread, I'm seeing examples of where the things that are banned now are used well. But I've also been to other board and seen when talking about those things gets ugly... I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens...
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32