Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Genes Arrive!
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
thank you for listening to users, I think that updated genes look much better
thank you for listening to users, I think that updated genes look much better
@Alaia

True, but when you see a dragon with Tiger or Ripple, you know that's Tiger and Ripple. I imagine part of it is because the thicker lines on the smaller bodies may dilute the gene a bit, whereas when you have a larger flank to work with -- like on Wildclaws or Skydancers -- you can spread it out a bit. Plus, they're just stripes, whereas Jupiter/Saturn is supposed to evoke a certain image (which I think neither version does but hey).

The old version of the genes looks very different than the new one. It's such a drastic change that it's stunning that no one saw it before release.
@Alaia

True, but when you see a dragon with Tiger or Ripple, you know that's Tiger and Ripple. I imagine part of it is because the thicker lines on the smaller bodies may dilute the gene a bit, whereas when you have a larger flank to work with -- like on Wildclaws or Skydancers -- you can spread it out a bit. Plus, they're just stripes, whereas Jupiter/Saturn is supposed to evoke a certain image (which I think neither version does but hey).

The old version of the genes looks very different than the new one. It's such a drastic change that it's stunning that no one saw it before release.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
wow the hate for these genes is real....
wow the hate for these genes is real....

Zoo | 24 | +3 Hrs
Bio Templates
Fandragons
Uae529o.png
So, the female Fae wings didn't change - was that a deliberate decision (I HOPE IT WAS), or is it an oversight that will be corrected later? I'd like to be sure so I can finally make some gene decisions...

It did get corrected now, so that answers that. /SIGH
So, the female Fae wings didn't change - was that a deliberate decision (I HOPE IT WAS), or is it an oversight that will be corrected later? I'd like to be sure so I can finally make some gene decisions...

It did get corrected now, so that answers that. /SIGH
These new genes are out of this world. I love them.
These new genes are out of this world. I love them.
[quote name="Alaia" date=2016-06-29 20:38:39] Gotta say I thought the larger, looser patterns looked way better :/ Now it just kind of looks like a weird Ripple/Hypnotic hybrid that comes across as noodles got thrown all over the dragon. Before [img]http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/AlbinoRavenChild/dragon.png[/img] After [img]http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/AlbinoRavenChild/dragon%201.png[/img] But I just won't get the gene myself. [/quote] Agreed. They should have left the Coatls alone. They looked way better before. I wish I wouldn't have spent the money to gene one. Now what am I going to do with him? *sigh*
Alaia wrote on 2016-06-29:
Gotta say I thought the larger, looser patterns looked way better :/ Now it just kind of looks like a weird Ripple/Hypnotic hybrid that comes across as noodles got thrown all over the dragon.

Before
dragon.png

After
dragon%201.png

But I just won't get the gene myself.

Agreed. They should have left the Coatls alone. They looked way better before. I wish I wouldn't have spent the money to gene one. Now what am I going to do with him? *sigh*
VbrklUz.png9TDiR0b.pngeT0v5eI.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=105740] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1058/105740_350.png[/img] [/url] This is my favorite gene since Poi/Tox and I will be using it a LOT.

105740_350.png

This is my favorite gene since Poi/Tox and I will be using it a LOT.
yikes, everyone in here is just... ranting about how staff is awful?

I feel like yes, they made a mistake. They fixed it. They couldn't very well go welp, that's how it is now, I guess. Better not fix it, ever! At least they admitted they made one mistake over the release of how many genes now? I joined in Oct of 15 and I've seen more than I can count, and can't remember any genes having to be fixed outside of the new colour wheel release before.

I mean, the staff DID say genes were automated now, so MAYBE someone just made the mistake of giving the wrong pattern file to the program that made the genes? It's not like it's even like, a meaningful error really. It's ... pixels ..... on a dragon on the internet, really. Not even pixels you paid for with real money, even. Cut the staff some slack, maybe open a suggestions thread for how to handle these errors if you think you have a better idea than 'admit we *******up, fix it as soon possible', and hand it in.

And then on top of that, maybe wait with your gening plans. I personally never really jump on new genes until I've given myself a few days consideration time; what looks GREAT to me right now may look terrible once I've slept on it. These genes don't, ya know. disappear. Theyre not like the festival items, or God forbid, Sprites.

tl;dr, to the people ranting how unprofessional it was handled: do you have a better idea that's not admit mistake > fix asap? Let me know, tbh.
yikes, everyone in here is just... ranting about how staff is awful?

I feel like yes, they made a mistake. They fixed it. They couldn't very well go welp, that's how it is now, I guess. Better not fix it, ever! At least they admitted they made one mistake over the release of how many genes now? I joined in Oct of 15 and I've seen more than I can count, and can't remember any genes having to be fixed outside of the new colour wheel release before.

I mean, the staff DID say genes were automated now, so MAYBE someone just made the mistake of giving the wrong pattern file to the program that made the genes? It's not like it's even like, a meaningful error really. It's ... pixels ..... on a dragon on the internet, really. Not even pixels you paid for with real money, even. Cut the staff some slack, maybe open a suggestions thread for how to handle these errors if you think you have a better idea than 'admit we *******up, fix it as soon possible', and hand it in.

And then on top of that, maybe wait with your gening plans. I personally never really jump on new genes until I've given myself a few days consideration time; what looks GREAT to me right now may look terrible once I've slept on it. These genes don't, ya know. disappear. Theyre not like the festival items, or God forbid, Sprites.

tl;dr, to the people ranting how unprofessional it was handled: do you have a better idea that's not admit mistake > fix asap? Let me know, tbh.
tumblr_inline_ord5qoXW0l1qjrg2p_540.png
nice!!
nice!!
flyingdragons.gif
[quote]tl;dr, to the people ranting how unprofessional it was handled: do you have a better idea that's not admit mistake > fix asap? Let me know, tbh.[/quote] Yeah. Don't release genes before they're complete and consistent across all the dragon templates.
Quote:

Yeah. Don't release genes before they're complete and consistent across all the dragon templates.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87