Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Clutch Balance and Lonely Hatchlings
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25
I love how everyone here is being all thankful here and then we have this one user doing nothing but complaining. Like come on, these guys have worked so hard for us, and this is the thanks you give them? Yeah, the one egg thing is annoying but sheesh. Saying you regret signing up because of one mishap is a bit much, if you ask me. Sure, I got three one egg clutches in a row, but that's why they're fixing it.
I love how everyone here is being all thankful here and then we have this one user doing nothing but complaining. Like come on, these guys have worked so hard for us, and this is the thanks you give them? Yeah, the one egg thing is annoying but sheesh. Saying you regret signing up because of one mishap is a bit much, if you ask me. Sure, I got three one egg clutches in a row, but that's why they're fixing it.
[quote name="Undel" date="2013-06-27 05:18:54" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=3&id=176394#176802"]@Sixar Future breedings will result in a higher chance at more offspring. This change was made to help, not to harm. We're not trying to hurt our players. I'm sorry that your breedings hit the low end of the spectrum. :-( There are many changes that are in the pipeline that we hope will improve player experience. Jigsaw is something that we're still looking at. (We're looking at a lot of things, currently!) [quote name="Noodler" date="2013-06-27 05:13:27" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=3&id=176394#176764"]how is fixing the glitch that caused you to have multiple one egg breedings [/quote] It wasn't a glitch. The old tables needed some tweaking There was a 20% chance of one egg clutches. There was a higher chance of 2 and 3 eggs even then, though. Getting 8 1-eggers in a row even with the old system is incredibly poor luck. :-([/quote] I consider any 'feature' of a website that doesn't work as intended as a glitch, and you implied that you guys didn't want the RNG to roll 1 so often in your first post. So that's why I called it a glitch. But yeah, it's still bad luck no matter which way you slice it. Good luck to everyone in the future! I hope you feel better soon @Sixar. I can see why you'd be annoyed with this, I suppose, but I think it's best for the rest of the site. :(
@Sixar Future breedings will result in a higher chance at more offspring. This change was made to help, not to harm. We're not trying to hurt our players. I'm sorry that your breedings hit the low end of the spectrum. :-(

There are many changes that are in the pipeline that we hope will improve player experience. Jigsaw is something that we're still looking at. (We're looking at a lot of things, currently!)

how is fixing the glitch that caused you to have multiple one egg breedings
It wasn't a glitch. The old tables needed some tweaking There was a 20% chance of one egg clutches. There was a higher chance of 2 and 3 eggs even then, though. Getting 8 1-eggers in a row even with the old system is incredibly poor luck. :-(

I consider any 'feature' of a website that doesn't work as intended as a glitch, and you implied that you guys didn't want the RNG to roll 1 so often in your first post.

So that's why I called it a glitch.

But yeah, it's still bad luck no matter which way you slice it. Good luck to everyone in the future!

I hope you feel better soon @Sixar. I can see why you'd be annoyed with this, I suppose, but I think it's best for the rest of the site. :(
ice_rune_50x50.png
Wow, thank you! ^_^
Wow, thank you! ^_^
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
@Sixar
You think you could at least be a little nicer? The team is trying their hardest and you're doing nothing but point all the flaws that they're TRYING TO FIX.
@Sixar
You think you could at least be a little nicer? The team is trying their hardest and you're doing nothing but point all the flaws that they're TRYING TO FIX.
There's just no pleasing some people, god.
Anyway, great job, very happy to see this! <3
There&#039;s just no pleasing some people, god.
Anyway, great job, very happy to see this! <3
Sixar, maybe step back a little and take a breath? It&#039;s just a game, remember :)

I like the reasoning about balancing mix-breed versus purebreed clutches, keeps the rares rare.
Sixar, maybe step back a little and take a breath? It&#039;s just a game, remember :)

I like the reasoning about balancing mix-breed versus purebreed clutches, keeps the rares rare.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Thank you very much!
A friend of mine was very dissappointed when she had only one egg in her Pearlcatcher/Wildclaw nest. Since we decided to swap hatchlings after I bred my Pearlcatcher/Wildclaw pair too she will at least now have two hatchlings instead of one. :) Yay. This makes me very happy.
(Yes, I realize that it&#039;s probably still more likely that we will both get Pearlcatchers and no Wildclaws but that doesn&#039;t really matter as the hatchling swap is only about introducing a new bloodline.)

Edit: I might as well add, the friend I mention here didn&#039;t use a boon on her nest because it was only one egg. So, using a boon or not on a one egg clutch really is up to you. If I&#039;d get only one egg because woah, statistically speaking just because something is very unlikely doesn&#039;t mean it will never happen, then I wouldn&#039;t use a boon either.
Thank you very much!
A friend of mine was very dissappointed when she had only one egg in her Pearlcatcher/Wildclaw nest. Since we decided to swap hatchlings after I bred my Pearlcatcher/Wildclaw pair too she will at least now have two hatchlings instead of one. :) Yay. This makes me very happy.
(Yes, I realize that it&#039;s probably still more likely that we will both get Pearlcatchers and no Wildclaws but that doesn&#039;t really matter as the hatchling swap is only about introducing a new bloodline.)

Edit: I might as well add, the friend I mention here didn&#039;t use a boon on her nest because it was only one egg. So, using a boon or not on a one egg clutch really is up to you. If I&#039;d get only one egg because woah, statistically speaking just because something is very unlikely doesn&#039;t mean it will never happen, then I wouldn&#039;t use a boon either.
^ I agree with this, thank you.
^ I agree with this, thank you.
[quote name="Sixar" date="2013-06-27 05:27:29" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=3&id=176394#176845"]@Noodler It's shafting us because we did ten breedings two days ago, and [b]eight of those ten[/b] gave us one egg. And we were stupid enough to buy gems for cash and use those to purchase boons and hatch the eggs. And now [i]everybody else[/i] gets an extra egg! This is [b]beyond[/b] cruel. Once again, some players are being punished for doing something perfectly legal (hatching eggs with a cash shop item, oh wow!). And the puzzle issue should have been something thought about well before the "fix" was put into place. One person has spoken up about seizures; they are unlikely to be the only one. @Undel Assuming there are future breedings. My partner already ditched their dragons and quit. Like, wow, I don't think I've ever felt like I've been kicked in the face more than I do right now. I've been trying so hard to be supportive and give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but... Yeah, I just kind of regret signing up now. I know you're working as hard as you can to make Fliri the best it can be. But this decision was possibly the cruellest one you've made so far.[/quote] @Sixar Wow, drama queen much? You just had a run of terrible luck when the egg tables weren't tweaked. It's not like they did this to say 'hey, let's screw Sixar over today!' No. I'm sorry you felt you wasted money, but it's not their fault for deciding that hey, the current tables as is don't work and tweaking them. This actually shows they're [i]listening[/i] to the playerbase, which is quite rare in sites like these today. And you know, I disliked the fixes in jigsaw too. But demanding they somehow foresee their fix will cause seizures in people when it's not flashing or doing any of the common triggers is just idiotic. At least they are actually looking into it, instead of ignoring the problem entirely. Again, I'm sorry you feel like this is a kick in the face. But it's really not.
@Noodler
It&#039;s shafting us because we did ten breedings two days ago, and eight of those ten gave us one egg.

And we were stupid enough to buy gems for cash and use those to purchase boons and hatch the eggs.

And now everybody else gets an extra egg!

This is beyond cruel. Once again, some players are being punished for doing something perfectly legal (hatching eggs with a cash shop item, oh wow!).

And the puzzle issue should have been something thought about well before the "fix" was put into place. One person has spoken up about seizures; they are unlikely to be the only one.

@Undel
Assuming there are future breedings. My partner already ditched their dragons and quit.

Like, wow, I don&#039;t think I&#039;ve ever felt like I&#039;ve been kicked in the face more than I do right now. I&#039;ve been trying so hard to be supportive and give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but... Yeah, I just kind of regret signing up now.

I know you&#039;re working as hard as you can to make Fliri the best it can be. But this decision was possibly the cruellest one you&#039;ve made so far.

@Sixar Wow, drama queen much? You just had a run of terrible luck when the egg tables weren&#039;t tweaked. It&#039;s not like they did this to say &#039;hey, let&#039;s screw Sixar over today!&#039; No. I&#039;m sorry you felt you wasted money, but it&#039;s not their fault for deciding that hey, the current tables as is don&#039;t work and tweaking them. This actually shows they&#039;re listening to the playerbase, which is quite rare in sites like these today.

And you know, I disliked the fixes in jigsaw too. But demanding they somehow foresee their fix will cause seizures in people when it&#039;s not flashing or doing any of the common triggers is just idiotic. At least they are actually looking into it, instead of ignoring the problem entirely.

Again, I&#039;m sorry you feel like this is a kick in the face. But it&#039;s really not.
tumblr_n7rzu5QTOk1tf36f3o1_400.png
I support the idea of a 1% chance of 5 egg clutches for same-breed pairs, and I - heh. I just realized my 1-egg clutch from a few days ago could have qualified if I hadn&#039;t boon&#039;d it. Oh well. Lessons in patience~
I support the idea of a 1% chance of 5 egg clutches for same-breed pairs, and I - heh. I just realized my 1-egg clutch from a few days ago could have qualified if I hadn&#039;t boon&#039;d it. Oh well. Lessons in patience~
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25