Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Clutch Balance and Lonely Hatchlings
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25
Thank you sooo much! I just started playing and was disappointed that I only had 1 egg. Today I looked into the nest and there are two!!! :D
Thank you sooo much! I just started playing and was disappointed that I only had 1 egg. Today I looked into the nest and there are two!!! :D
tumblr_inline_nc6dk1vPha1scrvs1.gif
I like the change but I too am confused why there is now 0 chance of 5 eggs on same species breeding. Im now looking at my imperial pair I worked hard on and going "well... guess you two need new mates if I want a chance at 5 eggs"
Maybe make it a 1% chance or something for same breed pairings? just so it's even more rare but not impossible.
I like the change but I too am confused why there is now 0 chance of 5 eggs on same species breeding. Im now looking at my imperial pair I worked hard on and going "well... guess you two need new mates if I want a chance at 5 eggs"
Maybe make it a 1% chance or something for same breed pairings? just so it's even more rare but not impossible.
@Crisaron I think the same species parings are discouraged to keep them from getting too populated
Like Wildclaws will be worth way less then their scroll price very soon if they were not limited NOW
These changes help to preserve their rarity and price tag
@Crisaron I think the same species parings are discouraged to keep them from getting too populated
Like Wildclaws will be worth way less then their scroll price very soon if they were not limited NOW
These changes help to preserve their rarity and price tag
@Sixar Future breedings will result in a higher chance at more offspring. This change was made to help, not to harm. We're not trying to hurt our players. I'm sorry that your breedings hit the low end of the spectrum. :-( There are many changes that are in the pipeline that we hope will improve player experience. Jigsaw is something that we're still looking at. (We're looking at a lot of things, currently!) [quote name="Noodler" date="2013-06-27 05:13:27" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=3&id=176394#176764"]how is fixing the glitch that caused you to have multiple one egg breedings [/quote] It wasn't a glitch. The old tables needed some tweaking There was a 20% chance of one egg clutches. There was a higher chance of 2 and 3 eggs even then, though. Getting 8 1-eggers in a row even with the old system is incredibly poor luck. :-(
@Sixar Future breedings will result in a higher chance at more offspring. This change was made to help, not to harm. We're not trying to hurt our players. I'm sorry that your breedings hit the low end of the spectrum. :-(

There are many changes that are in the pipeline that we hope will improve player experience. Jigsaw is something that we're still looking at. (We're looking at a lot of things, currently!)

how is fixing the glitch that caused you to have multiple one egg breedings
It wasn't a glitch. The old tables needed some tweaking There was a 20% chance of one egg clutches. There was a higher chance of 2 and 3 eggs even then, though. Getting 8 1-eggers in a row even with the old system is incredibly poor luck. :-(
This is really nice ^^
Help a lot since everything I've done breeding has been crossbreeding with always 2 eggs.
Can't wait to hatch the current ones though!
This is really nice ^^
Help a lot since everything I've done breeding has been crossbreeding with always 2 eggs.
Can't wait to hatch the current ones though!
cutebat_by_lizrath-d6msvya.png
Thank you for these changes! I for one am very happy to wake up this morning and see that my two clutches of one egg are suddenly twins. It's hard not to question how it happened (as in, how did my female miss laying that one?), but my breeding pairs are overjoyed.
Thank you for these changes! I for one am very happy to wake up this morning and see that my two clutches of one egg are suddenly twins. It's hard not to question how it happened (as in, how did my female miss laying that one?), but my breeding pairs are overjoyed.
uWC9gZs.png
Thanks a bunch for clarifying, guys! (and the second egg! <3)
Thanks a bunch for clarifying, guys! (and the second egg! <3)
Though I am glad of the stats being presented to the public, would it be reasonable to ask for an explanation as to why there is no chance of getting a 5 egg clutch size with a pure breeding?

Cause if that&#039;s the case, I find it a little useless to breed pures now. I mean, I&#039;d definitely get more of the breed with pures logically speaking, but a chance of getting a 5 egg clutch --especially when it&#039;s an achievement-- is a huge incentive to breed non-pures, but damaging the sales aspect of a pair. As a breeder play-style, it&#039;s a little disheartening for me and seeing that it is only a 10% chance, it might take a while to get the achievement with having pure breeding pairs and/or achievement purpose pairs (which really is a money exhausting thing as compared to planned breedings).

IDK, it makes little sense to me and I&#039;d like to know the deciding factor to this. I would greatly appreciate it if it were explained.
Though I am glad of the stats being presented to the public, would it be reasonable to ask for an explanation as to why there is no chance of getting a 5 egg clutch size with a pure breeding?

Cause if that&#039;s the case, I find it a little useless to breed pures now. I mean, I&#039;d definitely get more of the breed with pures logically speaking, but a chance of getting a 5 egg clutch --especially when it&#039;s an achievement-- is a huge incentive to breed non-pures, but damaging the sales aspect of a pair. As a breeder play-style, it&#039;s a little disheartening for me and seeing that it is only a 10% chance, it might take a while to get the achievement with having pure breeding pairs and/or achievement purpose pairs (which really is a money exhausting thing as compared to planned breedings).

IDK, it makes little sense to me and I&#039;d like to know the deciding factor to this. I would greatly appreciate it if it were explained.
This kind of makes me a sad panda as my one-egg clutch hatched this morning :( Ah well, at least it bodes well for my future clutches.
This kind of makes me a sad panda as my one-egg clutch hatched this morning :( Ah well, at least it bodes well for my future clutches.
Thank you for the clutch-size adjustment! I had been bemoaning my luck when I saw I&#039;d gotten only one egg from my current breeding--thanks for the happy surprise.

I&#039;m curious about the 5-egg clutches, too. Is it based on the fact that cross-breed, well, breeding, is sometimes better for the offspring because it&#039;s widening the genetic pool or something, or is it purely to encourage breeding different dragon species?
Thank you for the clutch-size adjustment! I had been bemoaning my luck when I saw I&#039;d gotten only one egg from my current breeding--thanks for the happy surprise.

I&#039;m curious about the 5-egg clutches, too. Is it based on the fact that cross-breed, well, breeding, is sometimes better for the offspring because it&#039;s widening the genetic pool or something, or is it purely to encourage breeding different dragon species?
177499lightofknowledge2.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25