Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 189 190
@tyre

Nope! Only Strange Chests will! :)
@tyre

Nope! Only Strange Chests will! :)
Happy Holidays everyone!
Happy Holidays everyone!
I lick things to claim them as my own..
Wait... so if you don't open the chests after notn ends, they will all be gone D:
Wait... so if you don't open the chests after notn ends, they will all be gone D:
Qv7V2MS.jpglPGkoqX.jpg
@Punching

After the NotN ends, all unopened Strange Chests will disintegrate into Nocturnal Dust. They won't completely disappear from your Hoard.
@Punching

After the NotN ends, all unopened Strange Chests will disintegrate into Nocturnal Dust. They won't completely disappear from your Hoard.
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
@candlelit97

Welp, looks like I'm going to open my entire chest hoard today XD
@candlelit97

Welp, looks like I'm going to open my entire chest hoard today XD
Qv7V2MS.jpglPGkoqX.jpg
'K.
I've finally gotten all of the apparel, all of the familiars I needed, and I got a few eggs. The only thing I still need to do is get agol, but that's not going to be very time consuming in comparison.

Looking back, the only reason why I finished at all this week was due to Swipp. I just sat there and grinded the woodland path for bugs because that trade cycles through Swipp pretty often and my team chugs through those battles pretty quickly. So I do think that was an excellent addition, made it a little more fun to participate in.

I think for next year the admin may want to reconsider how they tackle these events, because they base them around the theory that everyone participating has a decently leveled coli team, which they don't. Especially if said event was right after a registration window. For instance, I wanted to participate in the turkey hunt last month, but couldn't because I was still in the lower levels. That's kind of a sucky feeling. And please. No. More. Bears. Good gravy. I had a ton of extras of those.

If a newbie or an unlucky individual still really needs a chest but has no way of buying or making their own, hit me up and I might be able to bounce one your way. Chances are it'll be a bear, but it'll give me an excuse to ignore my parents.
'K.
I've finally gotten all of the apparel, all of the familiars I needed, and I got a few eggs. The only thing I still need to do is get agol, but that's not going to be very time consuming in comparison.

Looking back, the only reason why I finished at all this week was due to Swipp. I just sat there and grinded the woodland path for bugs because that trade cycles through Swipp pretty often and my team chugs through those battles pretty quickly. So I do think that was an excellent addition, made it a little more fun to participate in.

I think for next year the admin may want to reconsider how they tackle these events, because they base them around the theory that everyone participating has a decently leveled coli team, which they don't. Especially if said event was right after a registration window. For instance, I wanted to participate in the turkey hunt last month, but couldn't because I was still in the lower levels. That's kind of a sucky feeling. And please. No. More. Bears. Good gravy. I had a ton of extras of those.

If a newbie or an unlucky individual still really needs a chest but has no way of buying or making their own, hit me up and I might be able to bounce one your way. Chances are it'll be a bear, but it'll give me an excuse to ignore my parents.
Okay, I can understand why the coli drop rates are low, but why are the gathering drop rates so low as well? Are those numbers connected?

Personally, I feel like gathering drop rates should be fairly high. I mean, I can think of several people I know on FR who can't or don't coli grind for one reason or another. I myself am one of them. But through gathering, I have only got 4 chests and no eggs. This is better than my friends, who have only gotten one or two chests and no eggs from gathering.

So, I'm being forced to coli grind to even have a chance at getting anything good. I have a terribly slow and fickle internet connection where I am for the holidays, and therefore the duration of this event, making grinding an extremely slow, laggy, and painful process. The amount of chests I've gotten grinding almost isn't worth the effort.

If the gathering drop rates were even a bit higher, I would be more satisfied with this event. If the gathering drop rates were higher, the playing field would be evened out for those who can't grind. But, like everything on this website, NotN is so coli-based it isn't funny. And my desire for decent gathering drop rates is never going to be anymore than wishful thinking.

Also, BEARS. I AM DROWNING IN BEARS. I swear 50% of the drops from these chests are those freaking bears. Not even the mimic bears, but the bears I ALREADY HAVE PLENTY OF. UGH. I am so done with these bears.
Okay, I can understand why the coli drop rates are low, but why are the gathering drop rates so low as well? Are those numbers connected?

Personally, I feel like gathering drop rates should be fairly high. I mean, I can think of several people I know on FR who can't or don't coli grind for one reason or another. I myself am one of them. But through gathering, I have only got 4 chests and no eggs. This is better than my friends, who have only gotten one or two chests and no eggs from gathering.

So, I'm being forced to coli grind to even have a chance at getting anything good. I have a terribly slow and fickle internet connection where I am for the holidays, and therefore the duration of this event, making grinding an extremely slow, laggy, and painful process. The amount of chests I've gotten grinding almost isn't worth the effort.

If the gathering drop rates were even a bit higher, I would be more satisfied with this event. If the gathering drop rates were higher, the playing field would be evened out for those who can't grind. But, like everything on this website, NotN is so coli-based it isn't funny. And my desire for decent gathering drop rates is never going to be anymore than wishful thinking.

Also, BEARS. I AM DROWNING IN BEARS. I swear 50% of the drops from these chests are those freaking bears. Not even the mimic bears, but the bears I ALREADY HAVE PLENTY OF. UGH. I am so done with these bears.
IMG_2906.png Art Search
Character Sales

19142803_PtuVeqht7qoFLtF.png

RAURU
19142782_4Y6BBskgHum0RlM.png
They/Them
+2 FR Time
Dyslexic
Finally got an egg, finally, only took 66 chests
Probably wouldn't be so annoyed if I didn't get 20 repeat Familiar from last year, That I have quadruples of, or that I haven't gotten anything from gathering.

However, I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love that the Drop rate is lower, just feels too low, and that the old Familiar seem to still be too frequent. Though the main issue, is the focus on the Coliseum, besides paying for what we need in the AH, we are forced to use the Coliseum. The Higher level you are in, apparently the higher chance for getting something good.

Edit 2
Wow, okay watching Movies on my laptop while grinding in the Coliseum seems to be the way to go, either that or RNG is finally smiling on me ;W; 5 chests in I think 2 hours? something like that. Still wish they weren't so hard to find in Gathering, but am feeling better after getting these.

The Apparel is amazing, I love it, its perfect, really well done, and Loving the familiar of course, very cool and creative. You've done great, and you've tried to improve the Event, I'm happy not to open 1000+ chest for trinkets and Food items that had absolutely no purpose, Unless you needed the food I guess.

I know its luck, with the RNG, but its frustrating for those of us getting nothing from gathering, and a sheer low number of chests from Coliseum grinding. While Others are getting 2-6 eggs, in few chests and gathering; Also, I'm not exaggerating, there are people who have found 6 eggs while others have 0. So assuming we get NotN next year, I really hope that the kinks are all worked out.

-Edit-
Yep, there we go, another day with Nothing from Gathering. I haven't had a single thing.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

But thank you for giving us NotN, and all these new things.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Finally got an egg, finally, only took 66 chests
Probably wouldn't be so annoyed if I didn't get 20 repeat Familiar from last year, That I have quadruples of, or that I haven't gotten anything from gathering.

However, I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love that the Drop rate is lower, just feels too low, and that the old Familiar seem to still be too frequent. Though the main issue, is the focus on the Coliseum, besides paying for what we need in the AH, we are forced to use the Coliseum. The Higher level you are in, apparently the higher chance for getting something good.

Edit 2
Wow, okay watching Movies on my laptop while grinding in the Coliseum seems to be the way to go, either that or RNG is finally smiling on me ;W; 5 chests in I think 2 hours? something like that. Still wish they weren't so hard to find in Gathering, but am feeling better after getting these.

The Apparel is amazing, I love it, its perfect, really well done, and Loving the familiar of course, very cool and creative. You've done great, and you've tried to improve the Event, I'm happy not to open 1000+ chest for trinkets and Food items that had absolutely no purpose, Unless you needed the food I guess.

I know its luck, with the RNG, but its frustrating for those of us getting nothing from gathering, and a sheer low number of chests from Coliseum grinding. While Others are getting 2-6 eggs, in few chests and gathering; Also, I'm not exaggerating, there are people who have found 6 eggs while others have 0. So assuming we get NotN next year, I really hope that the kinks are all worked out.

-Edit-
Yep, there we go, another day with Nothing from Gathering. I haven't had a single thing.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

But thank you for giving us NotN, and all these new things.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Returning to FR after a long hiatus
rnjesus pls, ive only gotten 2 chests through gathering this whole time
rnjesus pls, ive only gotten 2 chests through gathering this whole time
Art of a frog on a leaf next to a bromeliad flower with the text Tropical Rainforest to the right
everbloomgardenspog 8VvjJ9p.png
tun
tIf897pA.gif
she/he
FR+3
tun
Anybody else getting only one gender? I only get female nocturnes :|
Anybody else getting only one gender? I only get female nocturnes :|
Help them grow please!=>eastern-dragon-child-fire-pixel.gif
1 2 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 189 190