Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 156 157 158 159 160 ... 189 190
@softowl

My only guess would be that it wouldn't be fair for those who are low-levels in the coli. But you could still have mimics and event monsters drop chests and familiars of themselves. I guess the probability would be to high?
@softowl

My only guess would be that it wouldn't be fair for those who are low-levels in the coli. But you could still have mimics and event monsters drop chests and familiars of themselves. I guess the probability would be to high?
3 hours ahead of FR time
@linnykitty

When battling in the coliseum you have the chance to encounter event monsters/mimics. When defeated, these opponents have the chance of dropping a Strange Chest, food, and/or trinkets. However in some areas drop rates are unbearably low, but apparently some people have good luck, so it doesn't hurt to try!
@linnykitty

When battling in the coliseum you have the chance to encounter event monsters/mimics. When defeated, these opponents have the chance of dropping a Strange Chest, food, and/or trinkets. However in some areas drop rates are unbearably low, but apparently some people have good luck, so it doesn't hurt to try!
3 hours ahead of FR time
[quote name="softowl" date=2015-12-24 07:53:04] OK, no idea if admins are reading this thread any more, but I keep thinking about this and I wanted to mention it in the hopes it might be useful... Not having the mimic enemies drop familiar versions of themselves is a really strange move. I have been thinking about it a lot and haven't been able to come up with a good reason for it (not to say there isn't one, just that I don't understand it--would love to hear the rationale behind it). This entire event puts players almost totally at the mercy of the random number generator, which is a bad thing: it gives players no sense of choice or control and means that ultimately some players will have great luck and others will have terrible luck. Having the mimic enemies drop familiar versions of themselves would be a significant step towards giving players some modicum of choice: if they've received familiars x, y, and z from chests, but not familiars a, b, or c, being able to go to the specific Coliseum levels where familiars a, b, and c show up would really help. Chests are rare and not easy to get, even through Swipp/Baldwin (both of which ultimately require items from the Coliseum), so allowing players to have a method of attaining specific items seems like a boon, and a step towards alleviating some of the stress that many players have been expressing. [/quote] this is exactly what i was thinking - ive been grinding for days and, while i have been fairly lucky with the amount of chests i have received, i have gotten MANY duplicates of the same familiars or apparel and not one of some of the others which i wanted. i will continue to grind until i get them, but it just seems unnecessary that so many unwanted items are generated and will probably flood the market for months to come.
softowl wrote on 2015-12-24:
OK, no idea if admins are reading this thread any more, but I keep thinking about this and I wanted to mention it in the hopes it might be useful...

Not having the mimic enemies drop familiar versions of themselves is a really strange move. I have been thinking about it a lot and haven't been able to come up with a good reason for it (not to say there isn't one, just that I don't understand it--would love to hear the rationale behind it).

This entire event puts players almost totally at the mercy of the random number generator, which is a bad thing: it gives players no sense of choice or control and means that ultimately some players will have great luck and others will have terrible luck. Having the mimic enemies drop familiar versions of themselves would be a significant step towards giving players some modicum of choice: if they've received familiars x, y, and z from chests, but not familiars a, b, or c, being able to go to the specific Coliseum levels where familiars a, b, and c show up would really help. Chests are rare and not easy to get, even through Swipp/Baldwin (both of which ultimately require items from the Coliseum), so allowing players to have a method of attaining specific items seems like a boon, and a step towards alleviating some of the stress that many players have been expressing.

this is exactly what i was thinking - ive been grinding for days and, while i have been fairly lucky with the amount of chests i have received, i have gotten MANY duplicates of the same familiars or apparel and not one of some of the others which i wanted. i will continue to grind until i get them, but it just seems unnecessary that so many unwanted items are generated and will probably flood the market for months to come.
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
Ive been grinding for days, gotten about 30 chests and zero eggs ;_;
Ive been grinding for days, gotten about 30 chests and zero eggs ;_;
I've gotten super lucky since the changes were implemented, a blessing compared to the first day but only because I've done a lot of coli grinding. The swipp trades have made things feel somewhat more rewarding, as if you grind in the right places you're practically guaranteed at least one chest out of it. As of when I'm making this post I've opened a total of 82 chests: getting 5 eggs and 1 nocturne scroll (both of which are very nice but honestly I'm mostly after the conjurer apparel) with the majority of everything else I have being familiars.

Especially bears. I can guarantee I'm not the only person posting here who is absolutely sick of bears.

All in all I can say, assuming you have the sufficient coli dragons to grind (if not then this event will likely be very difficult for you) you can choose your grinding locations based on the materials that swipp asks for. At least three of his trades are very easy to complete when they show up, as both drops he asks for will come from the same venue (namely the woodland path, scorched forest and rainsong jungle). A good chunk of my chests came from exchanging the stuff I've hoarded since last year, but otherwise I can say I've made a pretty good haul so far.

Other than that, it's really left up to the RNG. I've been using my baldwin turns to extract materials and focus on the baldwin-exclusive stuff instead of chests, since I've already been getting those at a reasonable pace (considering how I already have every item that the chests have to offer).

tl;dr: The event pretty much relies on grinding. If you want to try and pull as much out of the RNG as you can, you have to coli grind. It's unavoidable unless you want to be stuck with a measly amount of chests. Watch a movie or some videos while you immerse yourself in the grind, and the chests come faster than you'll realize.

One last thing: I swear do NOT grind in the highest level venues even if you have the level 25's for it. It's not worth it, and almost all the chests I've gotten have come from the woodland path or the scorched forest. Good luck, and try not to tire yourselves out there. The event items are not worth stressing yourself out to the point of exhaustion, especially during this time of the year. Take care of yourselves!
I've gotten super lucky since the changes were implemented, a blessing compared to the first day but only because I've done a lot of coli grinding. The swipp trades have made things feel somewhat more rewarding, as if you grind in the right places you're practically guaranteed at least one chest out of it. As of when I'm making this post I've opened a total of 82 chests: getting 5 eggs and 1 nocturne scroll (both of which are very nice but honestly I'm mostly after the conjurer apparel) with the majority of everything else I have being familiars.

Especially bears. I can guarantee I'm not the only person posting here who is absolutely sick of bears.

All in all I can say, assuming you have the sufficient coli dragons to grind (if not then this event will likely be very difficult for you) you can choose your grinding locations based on the materials that swipp asks for. At least three of his trades are very easy to complete when they show up, as both drops he asks for will come from the same venue (namely the woodland path, scorched forest and rainsong jungle). A good chunk of my chests came from exchanging the stuff I've hoarded since last year, but otherwise I can say I've made a pretty good haul so far.

Other than that, it's really left up to the RNG. I've been using my baldwin turns to extract materials and focus on the baldwin-exclusive stuff instead of chests, since I've already been getting those at a reasonable pace (considering how I already have every item that the chests have to offer).

tl;dr: The event pretty much relies on grinding. If you want to try and pull as much out of the RNG as you can, you have to coli grind. It's unavoidable unless you want to be stuck with a measly amount of chests. Watch a movie or some videos while you immerse yourself in the grind, and the chests come faster than you'll realize.

One last thing: I swear do NOT grind in the highest level venues even if you have the level 25's for it. It's not worth it, and almost all the chests I've gotten have come from the woodland path or the scorched forest. Good luck, and try not to tire yourselves out there. The event items are not worth stressing yourself out to the point of exhaustion, especially during this time of the year. Take care of yourselves!
RmHSCAk.png NjbUgLV.png ycEeRDZ.png ONw09wm.pngRmHSCAk.png
Me thinks the authors of the descriptions for the bear doubles had too much fun writing them.
Me thinks the authors of the descriptions for the bear doubles had too much fun writing them.
fUUWM8s.png
SEEKING THIS DRAGON

This makes me wish coliseum has team organisation. Switching dragons from the grind team and the fun team is really not intuitive.
This makes me wish coliseum has team organisation. Switching dragons from the grind team and the fun team is really not intuitive.
OcyPyoj.png
Tis the season to grind coli~~

Happy Holidays everyone! No luck getting an egg so far though!
Tis the season to grind coli~~

Happy Holidays everyone! No luck getting an egg so far though!
@SippyCup great names for great fams :> those color schemes are beautiful
@SippyCup great names for great fams :> those color schemes are beautiful
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
any/all pronouns • FRT +0 • retired UM accents for sale and trade
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
the eggs wont disappear after non if unopened right?
the eggs wont disappear after non if unopened right?
1 2 ... 156 157 158 159 160 ... 189 190