Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Artifracture Beta
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
While I really enjoyed the new challenges with Artifracture, I was plenty disappointed to see a game so very similar in style to the existing Shock Switch. Personally I would have preferred these new changes be placed on the old game, and something completely new brought to the table. I realize how difficult and complex it must be to create games like these and I do appreciate all the effort that goes into each one. But repeating game styles doesn't really appeal to me. You play one match 3+ game, you've played ... maybe not them all but you get the idea.

Still very pleased with how the new game looks, the art is lovely and the music is pleasant. The challenges with getting a certain type of match is exciting, and I suppose in lieu of making it optional, one can just go play Shock Switch for a while.

As with all the games, I would prefer a confirmation that I've collected however much treasure from each. A pop up having me click okay, like when selling items, would help my confidence that I'm receiving the whole amount earned. Watchng my treasure balance move up with each newly refreshed screen is awkward and feels unreliable.
While I really enjoyed the new challenges with Artifracture, I was plenty disappointed to see a game so very similar in style to the existing Shock Switch. Personally I would have preferred these new changes be placed on the old game, and something completely new brought to the table. I realize how difficult and complex it must be to create games like these and I do appreciate all the effort that goes into each one. But repeating game styles doesn't really appeal to me. You play one match 3+ game, you've played ... maybe not them all but you get the idea.

Still very pleased with how the new game looks, the art is lovely and the music is pleasant. The challenges with getting a certain type of match is exciting, and I suppose in lieu of making it optional, one can just go play Shock Switch for a while.

As with all the games, I would prefer a confirmation that I've collected however much treasure from each. A pop up having me click okay, like when selling items, would help my confidence that I'm receiving the whole amount earned. Watchng my treasure balance move up with each newly refreshed screen is awkward and feels unreliable.
ntQkWG3.gif LittlestCondor #55880
She/Her
Nature Flight
Tree dragon collector

Bottle created by
@Amariel #86020
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif
Love it already!
Love it already!
THE NEW FAMILIARS ARE SO PRETTY!
THE NEW FAMILIARS ARE SO PRETTY!
tumblr_mzm9z4zqfF1rnvb0co1_500.gif
I was pretty excited to see a new game and I was hoping it would bring a refreshing kind of gameplay since it's very easy for me to become bored playing the same games in the Fairgrounds. For me, they're just not the kinds of games you wanna sit there all day doing, more like something you poke at once in a while if you need a bit of extra treasure. So again, naturally I'd be excited to see what's new on the table. But like others have said, it's very akin to Shock Switch and I got bored fast since "been there, done that", right? Other than the music and art, it's pretty much the exact same game, just under a different name.

The sounds and music are quite pleasant to the ears and the "gnarly!", "radical!" and other such lines are pretty cute, though. The art is also fantastic as always.
I was pretty excited to see a new game and I was hoping it would bring a refreshing kind of gameplay since it's very easy for me to become bored playing the same games in the Fairgrounds. For me, they're just not the kinds of games you wanna sit there all day doing, more like something you poke at once in a while if you need a bit of extra treasure. So again, naturally I'd be excited to see what's new on the table. But like others have said, it's very akin to Shock Switch and I got bored fast since "been there, done that", right? Other than the music and art, it's pretty much the exact same game, just under a different name.

The sounds and music are quite pleasant to the ears and the "gnarly!", "radical!" and other such lines are pretty cute, though. The art is also fantastic as always.
Probably not interested in your shenanigans.
GRJiKLO.png
that is beautiful
that is beautiful
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
any/all pronouns • FRT +0 • retired UM accents for sale and trade
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@Xhaztol

Artifacture would be really awesome, if not for 1 major flaw, when pieces are falling, you're not allowed to select/move anything, even the pieces that have nothing to do with the pieces falling.

I hope you all change that, to allow people to try to break other stuff, while the game is auto breaking sets that are being completed as stuff falls else where.
@Xhaztol

Artifacture would be really awesome, if not for 1 major flaw, when pieces are falling, you're not allowed to select/move anything, even the pieces that have nothing to do with the pieces falling.

I hope you all change that, to allow people to try to break other stuff, while the game is auto breaking sets that are being completed as stuff falls else where.
I really do like this game, and I think it is okay for there to be more than one match 3 game as long as there are a lot more of other kinds.

That said maybe it would be cool to have Shock Switch made more interesting? A little more like panel de pon? Challenging levels, garbage blocks thrown in that you have to break up, or something.

Artifracture is really fun, (and the design, while clearly earth flight, reminds me of Destruct-O-Match on Neopets, a wonderful bit of retro nostalgia) and I think it's one of the best games yet.

Like others have said I do think it's a problem that you can't move anything while combos are still happening. Plus I'm not clear on if the time is still counting down while combos are going? I feel like the animations should be sped up a bit, I'm... er, well, kind of really good at match-3 games and I get bored when I can't move things as fast as I want to. So many times have I lost on level 14 or so, with ONE piece to go, because I couldn't move something during a combo. :'(

I hope this stuff gets changed/updated but I definitely enjoy this a lot more than the snail paced Shock Switch!

EDIT: Also a pause button. This game REALLY needs a pause button. If not a pause button, at least a break screen between levels.
I really do like this game, and I think it is okay for there to be more than one match 3 game as long as there are a lot more of other kinds.

That said maybe it would be cool to have Shock Switch made more interesting? A little more like panel de pon? Challenging levels, garbage blocks thrown in that you have to break up, or something.

Artifracture is really fun, (and the design, while clearly earth flight, reminds me of Destruct-O-Match on Neopets, a wonderful bit of retro nostalgia) and I think it's one of the best games yet.

Like others have said I do think it's a problem that you can't move anything while combos are still happening. Plus I'm not clear on if the time is still counting down while combos are going? I feel like the animations should be sped up a bit, I'm... er, well, kind of really good at match-3 games and I get bored when I can't move things as fast as I want to. So many times have I lost on level 14 or so, with ONE piece to go, because I couldn't move something during a combo. :'(

I hope this stuff gets changed/updated but I definitely enjoy this a lot more than the snail paced Shock Switch!

EDIT: Also a pause button. This game REALLY needs a pause button. If not a pause button, at least a break screen between levels.
e4TvxbF.gifn0skEd8.png
I am freaking loving Artifracture. It's the first game that I could honestly play for hours. The arcane matching game is good, but I needed a good logic puzzle. I'll finally make some real gold!

It's more like Sutek's Tomb than Destructo-Match if we're referring to Neopets (and good grief, what can beat the meditative nature of the Tomb music?) However, I like some aspects of this game more (it'll give you hints if you're stuck, having to find particular artifacts instead of just counting every combination you get, and no penalties for time if you make a mistake and don't have a combination.)

To pull from Sutek's Tomb, though, I hope this game has three additional things:
1- A way to gain more time
2- A PAUSE SCREEN FOR THOSE OF US WHO MUST WALK AWAY
3- A shuffling of the screen when there are no combinations left
I am freaking loving Artifracture. It's the first game that I could honestly play for hours. The arcane matching game is good, but I needed a good logic puzzle. I'll finally make some real gold!

It's more like Sutek's Tomb than Destructo-Match if we're referring to Neopets (and good grief, what can beat the meditative nature of the Tomb music?) However, I like some aspects of this game more (it'll give you hints if you're stuck, having to find particular artifacts instead of just counting every combination you get, and no penalties for time if you make a mistake and don't have a combination.)

To pull from Sutek's Tomb, though, I hope this game has three additional things:
1- A way to gain more time
2- A PAUSE SCREEN FOR THOSE OF US WHO MUST WALK AWAY
3- A shuffling of the screen when there are no combinations left
partymini.png
I love the idea of this game! I sometimes find SHock Switch a bit nerve-wracking for some reason and even with the time limit, this is much more relaxing for me.

One thing, tho:

I find the animations to be too slow/unresponsive. I'm too use to playing match 3 games on my phone where there's no lag time with the movement and the pieces move as fast as I can move my finger. I love quick match 3 games that keep me on my toes and this has the potential to be that, but the animations bog it down quite a bit. Feels sluggish.
I love the idea of this game! I sometimes find SHock Switch a bit nerve-wracking for some reason and even with the time limit, this is much more relaxing for me.

One thing, tho:

I find the animations to be too slow/unresponsive. I'm too use to playing match 3 games on my phone where there's no lag time with the movement and the pieces move as fast as I can move my finger. I love quick match 3 games that keep me on my toes and this has the potential to be that, but the animations bog it down quite a bit. Feels sluggish.
HEPmLsK.png
It's pretty easy to obtain treasure quickly with this new game, I really like it!
It's pretty easy to obtain treasure quickly with this new game, I really like it!
giphy.gif
1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69