Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, vol 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33
Ha! The wall of moderators commenting first! ♥

Very excited to bring @Barbie and @Nerd aboard!
Ha! The wall of moderators commenting first! ♥

Very excited to bring @Barbie and @Nerd aboard!
New mods! How nice. c:
New mods! How nice. c:
Zffn4HY.png
Oh dang

This is getting serious :o
Oh dang

This is getting serious :o
sQ35KLV.png
I like pings
What are the flights of all the moderators now? Are we closer to having one mod in each flight?
What are the flights of all the moderators now? Are we closer to having one mod in each flight?
I collect white pawns!
Proud former Shadow Flighter and current Ice Flighter
bzpIMvQ.png
what are element-less clans? that name implies [to me] clans not aligned with any flight, which I did not know was yet an aspect of gameplay
what are element-less clans? that name implies [to me] clans not aligned with any flight, which I did not know was yet an aspect of gameplay
1014.pngHark•he/him/his4440.png
Yay! Congrats new mods! And wow, new reg window already!
Yay! Congrats new mods! And wow, new reg window already!
hi
:D
:D
[quote name="Harkness" date="2014-12-04 16:18:32"]what are element-less clans? that name implies [to me] clans not aligned with any flight, which I did not know was yet an aspect of gameplay[/quote] @Harkness People who make accounts but never log in long enough to pick a flight
Harkness wrote on 2014-12-04 16:18:32:

@Harkness
People who make accounts but never log in long enough to pick a flight
I collect white pawns!
Proud former Shadow Flighter and current Ice Flighter
bzpIMvQ.png
Congrats to the new mods!

I do have a bone to pick with the mini-modding rules, though. As someone who has modded/administrated for sites before, there is a big difference between users attempting to get mods to do something for them, and people helpfully bringing attention wrongly placed threads or arguments to the mods. Since as far as I can tell, the reporting system does not work, there needs to be a way to bring attention to threads/posts that are breaking rules. However, I've noticed that some mods/admins get this confused with "telling the mods how to do their jobs." Frankly I find that concerning.
Congrats to the new mods!

I do have a bone to pick with the mini-modding rules, though. As someone who has modded/administrated for sites before, there is a big difference between users attempting to get mods to do something for them, and people helpfully bringing attention wrongly placed threads or arguments to the mods. Since as far as I can tell, the reporting system does not work, there needs to be a way to bring attention to threads/posts that are breaking rules. However, I've noticed that some mods/admins get this confused with "telling the mods how to do their jobs." Frankly I find that concerning.
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
oh man look at that list of mods all posting right out the gate xD

Hello new mods!

Edit: Actually, that's a good question- DOES the report post system work? Because if not, JCStitches is just really damn good at getting to threads that I know I've reported at least. O.o
oh man look at that list of mods all posting right out the gate xD

Hello new mods!

Edit: Actually, that's a good question- DOES the report post system work? Because if not, JCStitches is just really damn good at getting to threads that I know I've reported at least. O.o
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33