Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, Vol 9
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
To be honest I agree with the reasons the staff changed the armor art and I think it looks a lot better now, the design works so much better with the dragons.

As with anything people are going to have to adjust with armor not matching stuff, but that's how things are, you change and move on.

So kudos to the staff and artists who revamped it.
To be honest I agree with the reasons the staff changed the armor art and I think it looks a lot better now, the design works so much better with the dragons.

As with anything people are going to have to adjust with armor not matching stuff, but that's how things are, you change and move on.

So kudos to the staff and artists who revamped it.
Lichtdrache.gif

Searching for ID: 701737107
I wouldn't mind adjusting to the change if the updated sets weren't completely different from the original looks. I do appreciate the artists' effort to revamp the sets. The new armors are beautiful indeed and I certainly look forward to buying them... but this still does not change the fact many people spent treasure/gems/real money on the old armors to dress up their dragons.

It doesn't matter whether or not the old sets needed a revamp. Many people still enjoyed them and spent lots on those apparel to make very dear dress ups, and now, with the armors now being replaced by something so different, all this effort went to waste.

Dressing my dragons is one of my favorite things to do in this site. I can spend hours just planning up outfits for each dragon, building up specific characters for them through these apparel, and I'm sure lots of other people do the same. It's not simply a matter of "adjusting to the change", it's a matter of watching all the treasure and effort I put on those dragon characters getting flushed down the drain.

I would love to see some explanation on why the old sets had to be replaced instead of adding the updated versions as entirely new apparel. Heck, if having two versions of the same armors in circulation is such a problem, why couldn't they have left the old armors available for a limited time before retiring them instead, thus leaving the updated sets as the new "official" armors in circulation in the end??

This is absolutely unfair and everybody who has complained about the revamp has every right to be disappointed, if not upset.
I wouldn't mind adjusting to the change if the updated sets weren't completely different from the original looks. I do appreciate the artists' effort to revamp the sets. The new armors are beautiful indeed and I certainly look forward to buying them... but this still does not change the fact many people spent treasure/gems/real money on the old armors to dress up their dragons.

It doesn't matter whether or not the old sets needed a revamp. Many people still enjoyed them and spent lots on those apparel to make very dear dress ups, and now, with the armors now being replaced by something so different, all this effort went to waste.

Dressing my dragons is one of my favorite things to do in this site. I can spend hours just planning up outfits for each dragon, building up specific characters for them through these apparel, and I'm sure lots of other people do the same. It's not simply a matter of "adjusting to the change", it's a matter of watching all the treasure and effort I put on those dragon characters getting flushed down the drain.

I would love to see some explanation on why the old sets had to be replaced instead of adding the updated versions as entirely new apparel. Heck, if having two versions of the same armors in circulation is such a problem, why couldn't they have left the old armors available for a limited time before retiring them instead, thus leaving the updated sets as the new "official" armors in circulation in the end??

This is absolutely unfair and everybody who has complained about the revamp has every right to be disappointed, if not upset.
ssjS89N.png
I agree with Lilian on this one, the platinum armor set did cost gems, and some of us spent quite a bit getting them if they got several copies. The new armor is very nice, but there's no reason that we can't have the old armor as well.
I agree with Lilian on this one, the platinum armor set did cost gems, and some of us spent quite a bit getting them if they got several copies. The new armor is very nice, but there's no reason that we can't have the old armor as well.
Are we ever going to get an update on Skydancer lore?
Are we ever going to get an update on Skydancer lore?
I can't get over the new armor update- I liked it to begin with, but I absolutely love it now. I was looking forward to the art update for so long~
I can't get over the new armor update- I liked it to begin with, but I absolutely love it now. I was looking forward to the art update for so long~
Facet gene raffle here.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=raf&id=1243506

If you can't afford it buy tickets for a chance to win.
Facet gene raffle here.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=raf&id=1243506

If you can't afford it buy tickets for a chance to win.
975_zps4a52f081.png
[size=2][quote name="Delphi" date="2014-11-14 05:45:05"][size=2]I have to agree with those wondering why the old armor needed to be revamped instead of adding a new set. Because, see, while I love the update on one of my dragons...on the others who were wearing the armor, I feel like their look has been completely ruined. At the very least, it's been changed from something that made me happy every time I looked at it to something I'm...really just not that happy with. At all. Why did the old armor need to be entirely replaced and removed? They're both really good armor sets, but here's the thing--they're really DIFFERENT armor sets. They have a completely different look to them. There's no reason we should have had to lose the ones that we already enjoyed using for new ones that, while we may also enjoy...we certainly don't want on ALL our armored dragons. In no other instance has one apparel item or design REPLACED another. Ornate necklaces and bracers did not replace the simple ones, for example, and to me, this feels like a similar style shift, so I really don't understand why this was a change and not an addition. Is there a reason for it at all? I'd love to hear if so.[/quote] [size=2][b]This![/b] I like the new art for the armour, but it doesn't go well with my original apparel colours & layering :( Two different sets of armour would be better, I feel! Nevertheless, really excited for facet to be released, as well as more newbies!!! :D
Delphi wrote on 2014-11-14 05:45:05:
I have to agree with those wondering why the old armor needed to be revamped instead of adding a new set. Because, see, while I love the update on one of my dragons...on the others who were wearing the armor, I feel like their look has been completely ruined. At the very least, it's been changed from something that made me happy every time I looked at it to something I'm...really just not that happy with. At all. Why did the old armor need to be entirely replaced and removed?

They're both really good armor sets, but here's the thing--they're really DIFFERENT armor sets. They have a completely different look to them. There's no reason we should have had to lose the ones that we already enjoyed using for new ones that, while we may also enjoy...we certainly don't want on ALL our armored dragons.

In no other instance has one apparel item or design REPLACED another. Ornate necklaces and bracers did not replace the simple ones, for example, and to me, this feels like a similar style shift, so I really don't understand why this was a change and not an addition. Is there a reason for it at all? I'd love to hear if so.

This!
I like the new art for the armour, but it doesn't go well with my original apparel colours & layering :( Two different sets of armour would be better, I feel!
Nevertheless, really excited for facet to be released, as well as more newbies!!! :D

Pastel Hatchery
Awesome!
Awesome!
I hope you have a great day!
Yay now we won't be considered the noob newbies! ^~^
nah I'm just kidding, I am really exited though!
Yay now we won't be considered the noob newbies! ^~^
nah I'm just kidding, I am really exited though!
5p1NDy8.png
Don't be mean, guys :(

Just because you like the new art, it doesn't invalidate people who don't like it, or have dragon designs that needed the old armor's color scheme or appearance.
Don't be mean, guys :(

Just because you like the new art, it doesn't invalidate people who don't like it, or have dragon designs that needed the old armor's color scheme or appearance.
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39