Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 34 35
*Awkward cough* Ahem , well as someone who is a total newbie to this whole thing I really did have high expectations seeing as this is my first flight holiday. I figured it wouldn't be as amazing as I was hoping but this was like a shot at my heart.

Look don't get me wrong I am in no way bashing any of the artist who won. With that being said our Plague mama or our clan is not exactly the most beautiful but that is what got me to join cause of the fact of how uniqe she and the clan is. We are supposed to be gross and oozy and just ewwie right? Or is that all just in my head lol.

I did look at the contest forum and my first thought was maybe i'll give it a go then I saw some of them and was like "Wow okay some of these guys got the theme down and on point" so I felt no need to. Though when I saw the winners(again really not bashing) I thought it was very tame or not so much what I thought fit the theme of the holiday/clan

I guess I was expecting something to look more like the familiar or even something along the lines of our dearest Plague mama? Ya know boils , oozing, slimy , maybe even something with rotting mushrooms, a little more dead or sickly looking? Im not saying it had to have guts bursting and limbs all over the place. But a few boils and puss here and there wouldn't hurt?

I read through everything and even a few other forum stuff but when I look at some of the skins the first thing that comes to mind is more so...surgery? Not so much plague. I don't know maybe I'm over thinking this all . *scampers off*

And again in no means am I trying to insult the artist , i'm sure they put great effort into making this and I do want to say congrats to them for even having the guts(huehue) to enter.
*Awkward cough* Ahem , well as someone who is a total newbie to this whole thing I really did have high expectations seeing as this is my first flight holiday. I figured it wouldn't be as amazing as I was hoping but this was like a shot at my heart.

Look don't get me wrong I am in no way bashing any of the artist who won. With that being said our Plague mama or our clan is not exactly the most beautiful but that is what got me to join cause of the fact of how uniqe she and the clan is. We are supposed to be gross and oozy and just ewwie right? Or is that all just in my head lol.

I did look at the contest forum and my first thought was maybe i'll give it a go then I saw some of them and was like "Wow okay some of these guys got the theme down and on point" so I felt no need to. Though when I saw the winners(again really not bashing) I thought it was very tame or not so much what I thought fit the theme of the holiday/clan

I guess I was expecting something to look more like the familiar or even something along the lines of our dearest Plague mama? Ya know boils , oozing, slimy , maybe even something with rotting mushrooms, a little more dead or sickly looking? Im not saying it had to have guts bursting and limbs all over the place. But a few boils and puss here and there wouldn't hurt?

I read through everything and even a few other forum stuff but when I look at some of the skins the first thing that comes to mind is more so...surgery? Not so much plague. I don't know maybe I'm over thinking this all . *scampers off*

And again in no means am I trying to insult the artist , i'm sure they put great effort into making this and I do want to say congrats to them for even having the guts(huehue) to enter.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.gif plague_ani.gif
I agree with what a lot of others have said about the new festive skins, they are REALLY REALLY mild for a plague clan and not to mention being so close to Halloween I was expecting a lot more gore, sores, wounds, etc. Now don't get me wrong these are all REALLY good but just VERY VERY mild for what I thought would be a plague clan.
I agree with what a lot of others have said about the new festive skins, they are REALLY REALLY mild for a plague clan and not to mention being so close to Halloween I was expecting a lot more gore, sores, wounds, etc. Now don't get me wrong these are all REALLY good but just VERY VERY mild for what I thought would be a plague clan.
I definitely liked it better when the holiday currency wasn't a rare drop.
I definitely liked it better when the holiday currency wasn't a rare drop.
deity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gifdeitdoll_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-dajfwky.giffc_messengers_scroll_by_dogi_crimson-daiq5ls.gifegg_wind_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da9ojh4.giffc_messengers_scroll_by_dogi_crimson-daiq5ls.gifdeitdoll_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-dajfwky.gifdeity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gif
@DarkDeathGoddes; Holiday currency isn't a rare drop. They are 3 stars, making them fairly common. Perhaps you're just being unlucky or battling in the wrong place. Try the woodland path, scorched forest or forgotten cave. c:
@DarkDeathGoddes; Holiday currency isn't a rare drop. They are 3 stars, making them fairly common. Perhaps you're just being unlucky or battling in the wrong place. Try the woodland path, scorched forest or forgotten cave. c:
[quote name="Osayio" date="2014-10-26 11:53:58"]EDIT 2: Buuut I really love the familiar. xD Kinda sad that they didn't call it Plague Bearer though....:'D[/quote] asjkdfjfwe yes best Happy Riot, guys! And congrats to the winners - a couple of those accents are really lovely. Er. Plaguely? That thing.
Osayio wrote on 2014-10-26 11:53:58:
EDIT 2: Buuut I really love the familiar. xD Kinda sad that they didn't call it Plague Bearer though....:'D

asjkdfjfwe yes best

Happy Riot, guys! And congrats to the winners - a couple of those accents are really lovely. Er. Plaguely? That thing.
FR_Banners_Lightning_4.png
@Gaia Those are the venues I've been in. :( It must just be a bad day for me. I'll get two plague and a neutral and get nothing. Whelp, there's always tomorrow.
@Gaia Those are the venues I've been in. :( It must just be a bad day for me. I'll get two plague and a neutral and get nothing. Whelp, there's always tomorrow.
deity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gifdeitdoll_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-dajfwky.giffc_messengers_scroll_by_dogi_crimson-daiq5ls.gifegg_wind_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da9ojh4.giffc_messengers_scroll_by_dogi_crimson-daiq5ls.gifdeitdoll_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-dajfwky.gifdeity_windsinger_by_dogi_crimson-da5hmn0.gif
Just a question, but does anyone know the user who created the ‘plague touched’ Wildclaw skin for this contest? It didn’t win, but I’d love to contact the creator so I can tell them how much I adored their idea and the lore behind it! Thank you!
Just a question, but does anyone know the user who created the ‘plague touched’ Wildclaw skin for this contest? It didn’t win, but I’d love to contact the creator so I can tell them how much I adored their idea and the lore behind it! Thank you!
Shine forth, and hold your light close.
light_small.png
I miss the sprites! why bear familiars?
I miss the sprites! why bear familiars?
@Maudrosemary: The Sprites were the theme of last year's holidays, they are retired and will not be returning in the future. We had a vote a few months back for this year's theme, and the grand winner was bears, which will be exclusive to this year and yet unknown Decemeber event. Next year a new theme will be used that will be exclusive to that year, and so on. (years last from June to May)
@Maudrosemary: The Sprites were the theme of last year's holidays, they are retired and will not be returning in the future. We had a vote a few months back for this year's theme, and the grand winner was bears, which will be exclusive to this year and yet unknown Decemeber event. Next year a new theme will be used that will be exclusive to that year, and so on. (years last from June to May)
Congrats to all of the winners! I really dig the designs they have come up for Riot of Rot.
I might buy a couple of the skins or accents for my draggies!
Congrats to all of the winners! I really dig the designs they have come up for Riot of Rot.
I might buy a couple of the skins or accents for my draggies!
z0HlerP.png

1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 34 35