Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
Almost forgot, but I'm kinda wondering if the reason that the staff hasn't really answered how the Beastclan dominance works is because they're planning on actually making it something the players can help with? Like, instead of only being able to exalt to your flight, you're also given the option of exalting to the Beastclans as a way of sending draconian aid to their cause.

If it was something like that, I would suspect that you would probably get more upfront rewards for the Beastclan (like maybe they'll give you 7k treasure instead of the 2k treasure you get for exalting to your flight), but you also wouldn't be able to get the rewards for dominance. It would be a push to cut the dragon population down since there would be better rewards for people to exalt who aren't interested in dominance as well what's already put in place (first, second, third place so there's a higher chance of getting something for exalting).

Just a thought, I don't really know but it would be interesting to have a way to work with the lore to help the Beastclans.
Almost forgot, but I'm kinda wondering if the reason that the staff hasn't really answered how the Beastclan dominance works is because they're planning on actually making it something the players can help with? Like, instead of only being able to exalt to your flight, you're also given the option of exalting to the Beastclans as a way of sending draconian aid to their cause.

If it was something like that, I would suspect that you would probably get more upfront rewards for the Beastclan (like maybe they'll give you 7k treasure instead of the 2k treasure you get for exalting to your flight), but you also wouldn't be able to get the rewards for dominance. It would be a push to cut the dragon population down since there would be better rewards for people to exalt who aren't interested in dominance as well what's already put in place (first, second, third place so there's a higher chance of getting something for exalting).

Just a thought, I don't really know but it would be interesting to have a way to work with the lore to help the Beastclans.
Make this tiny goat a familiar.
Micro Goat
[quote name="silentstephi" date="2014-10-06 12:26:23"]Has it been mentioned how this effects battle weariness? If you place, do you still have any sort of battle weariness on your flight? Or is it just for first place?[/quote] I am also wondering this.
silentstephi wrote on 2014-10-06 12:26:23:
Has it been mentioned how this effects battle weariness? If you place, do you still have any sort of battle weariness on your flight? Or is it just for first place?

I am also wondering this.
Awesome update! x3
Awesome update! x3
Nobody's individual lair has to be that mean - just like the devs said about elemental flights, you can have a warm and loving Plague clan if you want. So these new familiars? Sure, they might be spies. They might be defectors. Or they might just be totally uninvolved and hanging out with their dragon friends. Or maybe your dragons are that mean and do take prisoners (with all the disgusting implications of the bonding system, or not! Maybe there's something else going on!)

The point is, it's your call, and always has been. This is just the big picture.

Look at all the places we're given to make our own story in this world they've made. There's clan info, every dragon has their own info box, it's made for you do do whatever you want and, as implied above, the devs encourage you to do whatever you want. Nobody's forcing you to do anything and nobody will think less of you if your dragons don't act the way their ancestors did.
Nobody's individual lair has to be that mean - just like the devs said about elemental flights, you can have a warm and loving Plague clan if you want. So these new familiars? Sure, they might be spies. They might be defectors. Or they might just be totally uninvolved and hanging out with their dragon friends. Or maybe your dragons are that mean and do take prisoners (with all the disgusting implications of the bonding system, or not! Maybe there's something else going on!)

The point is, it's your call, and always has been. This is just the big picture.

Look at all the places we're given to make our own story in this world they've made. There's clan info, every dragon has their own info box, it's made for you do do whatever you want and, as implied above, the devs encourage you to do whatever you want. Nobody's forcing you to do anything and nobody will think less of you if your dragons don't act the way their ancestors did.
@laughsassin twas making a joke.
In eastern culture the emperor's bloodline is supposedly descended from dragons, and people are far more destructive than dragons, so I'm still kinda right in a I'm-being-difficult kind of way :3

And... that's exactly what Pokemon is, isn't it? You don't ever fight anything that isn't a Pokemon? :B Need I mention the great Pokemon war, which is an actual thing in Pokelore? Surprise?

What did people sign up for, exactly? A game where they can collect, train and do stuff with dragons? That's also exactly what they're getting. Who cares about the lore? If you're really into it, great! If not, great! It's a backstory... that's all, a backdrop in a world that wants you to create your OWN way.

People can appreciate a well-made game that was created by talented folks for them to play Their dragons are still their dragons and FR is still a sweet dragon game. :)

edit: also, the coli is nothing but beating various other creatures to a pulp (and other dragons only in PvP). Just sayin'. Ya'll can't be that shocked.
@laughsassin twas making a joke.
In eastern culture the emperor's bloodline is supposedly descended from dragons, and people are far more destructive than dragons, so I'm still kinda right in a I'm-being-difficult kind of way :3

And... that's exactly what Pokemon is, isn't it? You don't ever fight anything that isn't a Pokemon? :B Need I mention the great Pokemon war, which is an actual thing in Pokelore? Surprise?

What did people sign up for, exactly? A game where they can collect, train and do stuff with dragons? That's also exactly what they're getting. Who cares about the lore? If you're really into it, great! If not, great! It's a backstory... that's all, a backdrop in a world that wants you to create your OWN way.

People can appreciate a well-made game that was created by talented folks for them to play Their dragons are still their dragons and FR is still a sweet dragon game. :)

edit: also, the coli is nothing but beating various other creatures to a pulp (and other dragons only in PvP). Just sayin'. Ya'll can't be that shocked.
@lefrenchyfrench EPIC BOSS BATTLE lol I think if I had to fight any of the deities, especially the Shadowbinder, Flamecaller, or PlagueBringer, I'd have a heart attack. But that would also be so cool!
@lefrenchyfrench EPIC BOSS BATTLE lol I think if I had to fight any of the deities, especially the Shadowbinder, Flamecaller, or PlagueBringer, I'd have a heart attack. But that would also be so cool!
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
This is really really cool. However, I do feel bad for them. Perhaps this will end in peace?
This is really really cool. However, I do feel bad for them. Perhaps this will end in peace?
was not expecting this!!
was not expecting this!!
HKs5ANM.png
ZKeO0QO.png
[b]EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS UPDATE IS AWESOME[/b] [img]http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111131592/3652929-ybm1zko.gif[/img] I was so excited when I got a Painted Centaur familiar almost right off the bat that I literally squealed. Best update ever! The one itty bitty complaint I have is the appearance rate for the new familiars during Coliseum battles. The centaurs appear pretty often, probably due to the fact that there are four different varieties to replace the Basilisk and Cockatrice that formerly inhabited the Scorched Forest, but as the others sometimes I have to play for more than ten minutes before the new foes show up. It took almost half an hour just for me to catch sight of the Raptorik Warrior in Bamboo Falls. It would make things easier for everyone if the encounter rate for the new foes was tweaked slightly so that they can appear a little more often, otherwise it'll take simply AGES for users to collect any of their item drops if they are needed for future trade events with Swipp.
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS UPDATE IS AWESOME

3652929-ybm1zko.gif

I was so excited when I got a Painted Centaur familiar almost right off the bat that I literally squealed. Best update ever!

The one itty bitty complaint I have is the appearance rate for the new familiars during Coliseum battles. The centaurs appear pretty often, probably due to the fact that there are four different varieties to replace the Basilisk and Cockatrice that formerly inhabited the Scorched Forest, but as the others sometimes I have to play for more than ten minutes before the new foes show up. It took almost half an hour just for me to catch sight of the Raptorik Warrior in Bamboo Falls.

It would make things easier for everyone if the encounter rate for the new foes was tweaked slightly so that they can appear a little more often, otherwise it'll take simply AGES for users to collect any of their item drops if they are needed for future trade events with Swipp.
cee8ba478dfb8b2466d30ba504720fa9990dee0e.png
I hope im not the only one who constantly made fun of the beastclan name and said the beasty-boyclan because I feel mean but hilarious
I hope im not the only one who constantly made fun of the beastclan name and said the beasty-boyclan because I feel mean but hilarious
1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75