Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | ¤~~an endless garden [2.0] ~~¤
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 105 106
@Oranitha

Two quick questions! I know the first post rules says no making money from selling the plants and generated gardens, but I'm wondering:

Can I offer the creation of custom gardens as a dom raffle prize?

And now that we can place every plant individually using percentages, and fully customize the sky colors, the gardens aren't really randomly generated anymore... I'd say there's a lot of personal creativity that goes into it! Does the "no selling" rule still apply to handmade gardens?

(I understand if both answers are "please do not offer custom gardens as a service." That would be more than fair... You put a ridiculously amazing amount of time and effort into the sprites, tools, and thread, which doesn't earn you anything! I'm super grateful to be able to use them for free.)
@Oranitha

Two quick questions! I know the first post rules says no making money from selling the plants and generated gardens, but I'm wondering:

Can I offer the creation of custom gardens as a dom raffle prize?

And now that we can place every plant individually using percentages, and fully customize the sky colors, the gardens aren't really randomly generated anymore... I'd say there's a lot of personal creativity that goes into it! Does the "no selling" rule still apply to handmade gardens?

(I understand if both answers are "please do not offer custom gardens as a service." That would be more than fair... You put a ridiculously amazing amount of time and effort into the sprites, tools, and thread, which doesn't earn you anything! I'm super grateful to be able to use them for free.)
The_Aether_Orchard
@HurricaneWinds THE LUPINE IS SO GOOD??? THE LUPINE IS SO GOOD! Genuinely amazed you haven't sprited before, the palette use on the flower heads are great! And I really love the little birdy friends too! Absolute darlings... Do you want me to fuss with the glow for the lights? There actually is some jank to it involving browsers being allowed to fudge precision when operating on non-opaque colors (translation: colored lights borked). I may not have time for actual proper spritework, but I'm always down to bully a canvas element. @teddy2008 Super fair questions! The answer's "kind of". The rule about not selling gardens isn't anything to do with the gardens, weirdly. The gardens exist to help give the seeds purpose, and the seeds exist to act as nice little rewards, and the tools exist to deliver the little rewards through task-setting """software""". Despite all the theming, at the end of the day this is a freakishly ornate scheme to force myself to stick with a to-do list, and I'm beyond thrilled to hear it's helping other people [emoji=familiar heart size=1] The "no selling" rule exists because of that chain. All it'd take is one person being willing to cheat the tools, and suddenly they've collapsed this into a standard gatcha (no offense to gatcha shops! But it's not what I made this for). A hard ban on selling is the easiest way to avoid that, since FR's so lovely about respecting shop rules. Honestly, I don't think either of the things you brought up infringe on the actual worry. A dom raffle reward's a one-off thing, and I know and trust you. And a shop that sells a garden [i]arranging[/i] service is, like you said, a creative effort! I think for the first, let me know what the verbage is, and I'll write like...a little formal "I, Oranitha, am formally giving the okay for this thing, blah blah etc." For the latter, I'll think on how I want to phrase it. Basically, if someone hands you their seed collection and you make something with it? Totally okay, you're just selling your skills. But if you're using your own seeds, not okay, you're selling the seeds. Either way, what's the deadline on this? My big ominous chunk of code is very relevant to the whole idea of designing gardens. Oh, and related to both--there's a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3154520#post_3154520]parallaxing utility[/url] written into the tool! One of its many under-documented features. If you want parallax for the dom thing and don't want to use the command line, let me know, I'm happy to pitch in for my flight for once :D I forgot to start the rockbreaker's contest, didn't I
@HurricaneWinds THE LUPINE IS SO GOOD??? THE LUPINE IS SO GOOD! Genuinely amazed you haven't sprited before, the palette use on the flower heads are great!

And I really love the little birdy friends too! Absolute darlings...

Do you want me to fuss with the glow for the lights? There actually is some jank to it involving browsers being allowed to fudge precision when operating on non-opaque colors (translation: colored lights borked). I may not have time for actual proper spritework, but I'm always down to bully a canvas element.

@teddy2008 Super fair questions! The answer's "kind of".

The rule about not selling gardens isn't anything to do with the gardens, weirdly. The gardens exist to help give the seeds purpose, and the seeds exist to act as nice little rewards, and the tools exist to deliver the little rewards through task-setting """software""". Despite all the theming, at the end of the day this is a freakishly ornate scheme to force myself to stick with a to-do list, and I'm beyond thrilled to hear it's helping other people

The "no selling" rule exists because of that chain. All it'd take is one person being willing to cheat the tools, and suddenly they've collapsed this into a standard gatcha (no offense to gatcha shops! But it's not what I made this for). A hard ban on selling is the easiest way to avoid that, since FR's so lovely about respecting shop rules.

Honestly, I don't think either of the things you brought up infringe on the actual worry. A dom raffle reward's a one-off thing, and I know and trust you. And a shop that sells a garden arranging service is, like you said, a creative effort! I think for the first, let me know what the verbage is, and I'll write like...a little formal "I, Oranitha, am formally giving the okay for this thing, blah blah etc." For the latter, I'll think on how I want to phrase it. Basically, if someone hands you their seed collection and you make something with it? Totally okay, you're just selling your skills. But if you're using your own seeds, not okay, you're selling the seeds.

Either way, what's the deadline on this? My big ominous chunk of code is very relevant to the whole idea of designing gardens. Oh, and related to both--there's a parallaxing utility written into the tool! One of its many under-documented features. If you want parallax for the dom thing and don't want to use the command line, let me know, I'm happy to pitch in for my flight for once :D

I forgot to start the rockbreaker's contest, didn't I
cL9yafY.gif
[center][size=6]Earth's Garden Contest![/size][/center] Our ninth contest is here! Share a garden that fits the prompt below, and you can choose three of the contest seeds to keep. Win the contest, and you can keep all of them! This contest uses the "standard" festival ruleset--see [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/3112071/22#post_51319741]here[/url]--except that it ends [b]next week, at the Tuesday-Wednesday rollover[/b] (sorry for the midweek, weekend Ora had a brain blip.). Remember: while you can only have one entry per person, I don't judge until after the end, so you can tweak/edit/replace as much as you like right up til the deadline :D [center][size=5]Theme: Unearthed[/size] [i]Dragonhome's abuzz with recent discoveries, and teams of explorers, artists, and archaeologists sally forth. Will they find a crystal-filled cavern, an ancient relic? Or maybe a treasure of a different sort, a little green paradise tucked away in the crags, an unexpected flush of flowers after a storm...[/i] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/959662576541790291/1047417564504002633/unknown.png[/img] Contest Seeds: [font=monospace]CFBpTCDGdB, CH5K0CRn1u, CeNGGC7Z-E, CLhDPCPTwE, Cn7GvCVbku, Cem8TCH4pH, CKuryCSX9i, Cp1iqC7ZXf, CfWzTCP6ac, CpRFCCHU1M, CoghPCVZ-y[/font] Quick reminder--the seeds are chosen for general usability, not as an example of a garden fitting the prompt. The prompt's pretty broad, don't feel like it has to look like the sample seeds. Good luck!
Earth's Garden Contest!

Our ninth contest is here! Share a garden that fits the prompt below, and you can choose three of the contest seeds to keep. Win the contest, and you can keep all of them! This contest uses the "standard" festival ruleset--see here--except that it ends next week, at the Tuesday-Wednesday rollover (sorry for the midweek, weekend Ora had a brain blip.).

Remember: while you can only have one entry per person, I don't judge until after the end, so you can tweak/edit/replace as much as you like right up til the deadline :D
Theme: Unearthed
Dragonhome's abuzz with recent discoveries, and teams of explorers, artists, and archaeologists sally forth. Will they find a crystal-filled cavern, an ancient relic? Or maybe a treasure of a different sort, a little green paradise tucked away in the crags, an unexpected flush of flowers after a storm...

unknown.png
Contest Seeds: CFBpTCDGdB, CH5K0CRn1u, CeNGGC7Z-E, CLhDPCPTwE, Cn7GvCVbku, Cem8TCH4pH, CKuryCSX9i, Cp1iqC7ZXf, CfWzTCP6ac, CpRFCCHU1M, CoghPCVZ-y

Quick reminder--the seeds are chosen for general usability, not as an example of a garden fitting the prompt. The prompt's pretty broad, don't feel like it has to look like the sample seeds. Good luck!
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha
that would be great! i tried to reference the existing lamps to get the glow right, but i didn't quite get it.
@Oranitha
that would be great! i tried to reference the existing lamps to get the glow right, but i didn't quite get it.
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
I am in love with all the recent additions and updates *A* Found some inspiration to enter this Earth Garden Contest! The treasure unearthed here is a wonderful stargazing spot that acts as a resting point for dragons adventuring across Dragonhome, complete with fireflies. [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/549034383164702742/1047553056629334076/earthgarden.png[/img][/center]
I am in love with all the recent additions and updates *A*
Found some inspiration to enter this Earth Garden Contest! The treasure unearthed here is a wonderful stargazing spot that acts as a resting point for dragons adventuring across Dragonhome, complete with fireflies.
earthgarden.png
tumblr_inline_nbwjccPnMm1qkfp12.png
@Oranitha Thanks for answering so quick!

For the dom deadline: My first idea was offering it for DtB, which runs through Dec 10th, so the raffle could start anywhere from the 12th to the 17th. But art prizes tend to get picked late anyway, so it's possible that I won't start working until later... maybe even the 26th.

But I'm now thinking that I might want to wait for a later push anyway, to have time to set up some really nice examples. So if DtB isn't a feasible deadline, no sweat!

For personal sales, I wouldn't start setting up until at least the new year. Probably longer. I'll PM you for approval when I have a concrete plan.

Re: parallax, OH WOW that's so cool! I wouldn't mind learning how to use the script, although I feel like doing it yourself would be less work than showing me how, lol. I'd love to offer it as an option! (For DtB, you'll probably have to do the coding for me. I'll give you the nice fixed/resized images. Are those filler areas and lake made in photoshop?)
@Oranitha Thanks for answering so quick!

For the dom deadline: My first idea was offering it for DtB, which runs through Dec 10th, so the raffle could start anywhere from the 12th to the 17th. But art prizes tend to get picked late anyway, so it's possible that I won't start working until later... maybe even the 26th.

But I'm now thinking that I might want to wait for a later push anyway, to have time to set up some really nice examples. So if DtB isn't a feasible deadline, no sweat!

For personal sales, I wouldn't start setting up until at least the new year. Probably longer. I'll PM you for approval when I have a concrete plan.

Re: parallax, OH WOW that's so cool! I wouldn't mind learning how to use the script, although I feel like doing it yourself would be less work than showing me how, lol. I'd love to offer it as an option! (For DtB, you'll probably have to do the coding for me. I'll give you the nice fixed/resized images. Are those filler areas and lake made in photoshop?)
The_Aether_Orchard
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/zFLGlH2.png[/img][/center] I think this might be a bug? I noticed when scramble is clicked, the first plant listed in the textbox will go behind the midground. Tested with a few different plant bases and it happens consistently across different seeds and bases. Here's another example below with more contrasting seeds so it's easier to see. The organ pipe cactus seed is listed first here, but I've seen the other two seeds also clip behind the midground when listed first. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/TTSRqSd.png[/img][/center]
zFLGlH2.png
I think this might be a bug?
I noticed when scramble is clicked, the first plant listed in the textbox will go behind the midground. Tested with a few different plant bases and it happens consistently across different seeds and bases.
Here's another example below with more contrasting seeds so it's easier to see. The organ pipe cactus seed is listed first here, but I've seen the other two seeds also clip behind the midground when listed first.
TTSRqSd.png
jj3Bino.png
Red - He/They
Art Shop
Hatchery
Bio Shop

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa4l8x2fP.gif
[center]My entry for the earth contest! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/994247037270892704/1048274016114315304/unknown.png[/img] In an underwater cavern at the edge of earth territory, eager explorers found the remains of an ancient civilisation... Though I guess this is less unearthed, and more... unwatered [emoji=undertide winking size=1]
My entry for the earth contest!

unknown.png

In an underwater cavern at the edge of earth territory, eager explorers found the remains of an ancient civilisation...

Though I guess this is less unearthed, and more... unwatered
Ghetsis' sprite from Pokémon Black and White.
@RedRevival OH WOW THAT GARDEN but yeah, that's definitely a bug, and probably the same one Nigel's modeling in the update! That whole section's being rewritten, so bug's (probably) dead, I should find out once enough's working that I can. actually test it. Regrettably for the bug-hunting seed (and all the art seeds), my poor laptop's finally breathed its last, and that was the only computer with my "admin" tools (I don't put those on the site, of course). It'll be a few days before I get the new laptop and do the brain transplant, so that's a few days before I can generate seeds. Doesn't slow down the dev work itself, though, I have other, less sane devices I can write code on [img]https://i.imgflip.com/3209vz.png[/img]
@RedRevival OH WOW THAT GARDEN

but yeah, that's definitely a bug, and probably the same one Nigel's modeling in the update! That whole section's being rewritten, so bug's (probably) dead, I should find out once enough's working that I can. actually test it.

Regrettably for the bug-hunting seed (and all the art seeds), my poor laptop's finally breathed its last, and that was the only computer with my "admin" tools (I don't put those on the site, of course). It'll be a few days before I get the new laptop and do the brain transplant, so that's a few days before I can generate seeds. Doesn't slow down the dev work itself, though, I have other, less sane devices I can write code on

3209vz.png
cL9yafY.gif
[quote name="Oranitha" date="2022-12-02 17:29:28" ] same one Nigel's modeling in the update! That whole section's being rewritten, so bug's (probably) dead, I should find out once enough's working that I can. actually test it. [/quote] Oh wow, I didn't even notice Nigel there until you mentioned it! Mb for sending in a known bug there ----- Also bc I like rambling the pretty orange garden is for a TTRPG character of mine, to decorate her character sheet!
Oranitha wrote on 2022-12-02 17:29:28:
same one Nigel's modeling in the update! That whole section's being rewritten, so bug's (probably) dead, I should find out once enough's working that I can. actually test it.

Oh wow, I didn't even notice Nigel there until you mentioned it! Mb for sending in a known bug there
Also bc I like rambling the pretty orange garden is for a TTRPG character of mine, to decorate her character sheet!
jj3Bino.png
Red - He/They
Art Shop
Hatchery
Bio Shop

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa4l8x2fP.gif
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 105 106