Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | ¤~~an endless garden [2.5] ~~¤
In addition to scaling, the new update will bring gradient fogs... [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/krsuTrK.png[/img][/center] It also banishes the "overlay" layer type, which was confusing and buggy. That functionality is the aforementioned "fog" now and can be found in the same place as skies and stars. I'm ?hoping? to get the overlay layer replaced with something more fun, what I'm calling the effect layer. Think outlines and blurs and image frames and stuff. No idea if I'll get that in in time. The big cool thing I wanted to implement before announcing is this: [img]https://imgur.com/mVSYukP.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/KPL3Ff5.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/26CDEoZ.png[/img] Easier said than pictured, you can now "favorite" palettes from the completion tracker, causing a colored mark to show up on earnable plants that have that palette someplace in them. Should make it way easier to palette hunt, given not all palettes show on all bases. Trying to get a bunch of stuff wrapped up so I can commence work on a goofy side project, wish me luck... Remaining to-do items: [LIST] [*][s]Get custom fog colors working[/s] [*][s]Buff plants for self-care bingo (5->7)[/s] [*][s]Groundwork for the effect layer [*][s]per-layer scaling[/s] [*][s]Fix whatever keeps causing the garden to resize on first draw[/s] [/LIST] Known bugs for release: [LIST=1] [*]The celestial layer GUI elements have a little line on them because they don't close all the way. Dunno if I'll bother fixing that since I want to do a fix pass on all the GUI elements anyways [/LIST]
In addition to scaling, the new update will bring gradient fogs...
krsuTrK.png

It also banishes the "overlay" layer type, which was confusing and buggy. That functionality is the aforementioned "fog" now and can be found in the same place as skies and stars.

I'm ?hoping? to get the overlay layer replaced with something more fun, what I'm calling the effect layer. Think outlines and blurs and image frames and stuff. No idea if I'll get that in in time.

The big cool thing I wanted to implement before announcing is this:

mVSYukP.png
KPL3Ff5.png
26CDEoZ.png

Easier said than pictured, you can now "favorite" palettes from the completion tracker, causing a colored mark to show up on earnable plants that have that palette someplace in them. Should make it way easier to palette hunt, given not all palettes show on all bases.

Trying to get a bunch of stuff wrapped up so I can commence work on a goofy side project, wish me luck...

Remaining to-do items:
  • Get custom fog colors working
  • Buff plants for self-care bingo (5->7)
  • Groundwork for the effect layer
  • per-layer scaling
  • Fix whatever keeps causing the garden to resize on first draw

Known bugs for release:
  1. The celestial layer GUI elements have a little line on them because they don't close all the way. Dunno if I'll bother fixing that since I want to do a fix pass on all the GUI elements anyways
cL9yafY.gif
So the custom fog was a bit of pain to get working, but I'm still a bit ahead of schedule! Feels good. [img]https://i.imgur.com/MtYetd8.png[/img] The per-layer scaling is also going to be difficult, but I want to get that in before working on garden saving, which is the other big deal. No fun putting all that work into a garden just for a tab to refresh or something. So we'll get that done. After that, effect layers I suppose! Things are shaping up.
So the custom fog was a bit of pain to get working, but I'm still a bit ahead of schedule! Feels good.

MtYetd8.png

The per-layer scaling is also going to be difficult, but I want to get that in before working on garden saving, which is the other big deal. No fun putting all that work into a garden just for a tab to refresh or something. So we'll get that done.

After that, effect layers I suppose! Things are shaping up.
cL9yafY.gif
We are GO for per-layer scaling! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/yn48WTs.png[/img][/center]
We are GO for per-layer scaling!
yn48WTs.png
cL9yafY.gif
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/yn48WTs.png[/img] [size=5]Endless Garden 2.2: Critters and More[/size] @pinglist-10683[/center] Hey folks! Sizeable update today, let's get to it. But first off: [center][b]If you notice any weird behavior, ctrl+shift+r[/b][/center] Lots of backend changes and caching is weird. Now to the good stuff...like the [b]new critter category[/b]! And lots of new stuff to make use of it. [b]There's 18 new bases this time, featuring these community bases[/b]: @RedRevival's adorable sea slug @Frigate's lovely campfire @WynnDawnstrider's trusty treasure chest Rat & Reaver of the @Felspring Collective's darling and not-at-all-suspicious bush and bench (EDIT: turns out I released them already, the code got weird, but they're AWESOME so shoutout regardless) @Stelaris's super cute pooka @gardening's fantastic and flexible planter box! Of course I don't have to tell you all the new community art's great, but the new community art's great. Thank you all for contributing, stuff like this is the tool's lifeblood [emoji=familiar heart size=1] The remainder are by yours truly, and are intended to bulk out categories. Here's the freebs!: [code]C+64mCE1Tk, D2IUvCWkko, D1Y+GCRnzK, D4DvKCCVem, D18bDC2-QC, C+U39CVCQW, D0N-rCAc0O, D33vOCUrYW, D1xY9CPTXF, D2gcfCTJpm[/code] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/qUBeh1P.png[/img][/center] I think that mostly leaves the aquatic category a little empty, though of course we could also use more (non-FR-specific-for-copyright-reason) critters! That and stuff to build a "clan scene": doors, boxes, bookshelves, wall art, stuff like that. Speaking of, absent this update are any goodies...that's because I was hoping to get something in next time that'll help them shine. Now onto tool features. One thing that's always bothered me is how hard hunting specific palettes is, since they're not all always visible, and some of them do overlap (greens especially). [b]If you go to the [url=https://oriwritesaplugin.github.io/EndlessGarden/completion_tracker.html]completion tracker[/url], you can now "mark" palettes![/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/mVSYukP.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/KPL3Ff5.png[/img] This will cause an indicator mark to show up on any earnable seed that uses that palette. Happy hunting! [img]https://i.imgur.com/26CDEoZ.png[/img] You may have noticed that the banner has something interesting going on with the foreground plants and the fog. [b]We now have per-layer and global scaling, as well as custom fog[/b]! Find it in the Celestial tab (that's the blue one with the moon icon) in the [url=https://oriwritesaplugin.github.io/EndlessGarden/create_garden.html]garden creator[/url]. It used to have its own type (the red tab), I'll do something else with that later. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/krsuTrK.png[/img][/center] You'll also notice the[b] new "Randomize" button[/b]... [b]Self-care bingo was buffed, you now get 7 seeds per day instead of 5.[/b] [url=https://oriwritesaplugin.github.io/EndlessGarden/self_care_bingo.html]Try it out![/url] [b]Jellyfish and fireflies were moved to the critter categories[/b]. I didn't move anything from Aquatic that was "non-negotiably" aquatic (the jellyfish are just GORGEOUSLY flexible, thank you again @Semisketched for contributing them!!!). Since fireflies used to be in the "rare" category, I'll be doing a little admin swap event to make up for it :> There were a number of bug fixes. [b]Palettes should now apply correctly in the garden creator. Adjusting layer width should no longer yeet plants into the stratosphere. The seed swap should no longer randomly block slots. The tool will no longer ignore you updating ground colors until you poke it someplace else.[/b] Probably some other stuff too. Known bug: there's a random line in the middle of the Celestial layer when it gets shrunk. I'm re-architecting those anyways, so the line gets to stay for a moment. Also I finally [b]updated the index page to point to the new garden creator.[/b]..old one's still available, of course, just as a legacy link. Speaking of legacy, last call for the old pinglist! If you haven't (and want to), hop on the new ones: [center][pinglist=10683] [pinglist=10684][/center] I think that's it? As usual, if you see any weird behavior, let me know. There were a lot of internal changes this time, so bugs are likely. Thanks for helping with and using this bizarre project [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
yn48WTs.png
Endless Garden 2.2: Critters and More
@Endless Garden Updates

Hey folks! Sizeable update today, let's get to it. But first off:
If you notice any weird behavior, ctrl+shift+r

Lots of backend changes and caching is weird. Now to the good stuff...like the new critter category! And lots of new stuff to make use of it. There's 18 new bases this time, featuring these community bases:

@RedRevival's adorable sea slug
@Frigate's lovely campfire
@WynnDawnstrider's trusty treasure chest
Rat & Reaver of the @Felspring Collective's darling and not-at-all-suspicious bush and bench (EDIT: turns out I released them already, the code got weird, but they're AWESOME so shoutout regardless)
@Stelaris's super cute pooka
@gardening's fantastic and flexible planter box!

Of course I don't have to tell you all the new community art's great, but the new community art's great. Thank you all for contributing, stuff like this is the tool's lifeblood

The remainder are by yours truly, and are intended to bulk out categories.

Here's the freebs!:
Code:
C+64mCE1Tk, D2IUvCWkko, D1Y+GCRnzK, D4DvKCCVem, D18bDC2-QC, C+U39CVCQW, D0N-rCAc0O, D33vOCUrYW, D1xY9CPTXF, D2gcfCTJpm
qUBeh1P.png

I think that mostly leaves the aquatic category a little empty, though of course we could also use more (non-FR-specific-for-copyright-reason) critters! That and stuff to build a "clan scene": doors, boxes, bookshelves, wall art, stuff like that. Speaking of, absent this update are any goodies...that's because I was hoping to get something in next time that'll help them shine.

Now onto tool features. One thing that's always bothered me is how hard hunting specific palettes is, since they're not all always visible, and some of them do overlap (greens especially). If you go to the completion tracker, you can now "mark" palettes!

mVSYukP.png
KPL3Ff5.png

This will cause an indicator mark to show up on any earnable seed that uses that palette. Happy hunting!

26CDEoZ.png

You may have noticed that the banner has something interesting going on with the foreground plants and the fog. We now have per-layer and global scaling, as well as custom fog! Find it in the Celestial tab (that's the blue one with the moon icon) in the garden creator. It used to have its own type (the red tab), I'll do something else with that later.
krsuTrK.png

You'll also notice the new "Randomize" button...

Self-care bingo was buffed, you now get 7 seeds per day instead of 5. Try it out!

Jellyfish and fireflies were moved to the critter categories. I didn't move anything from Aquatic that was "non-negotiably" aquatic (the jellyfish are just GORGEOUSLY flexible, thank you again @Semisketched for contributing them!!!). Since fireflies used to be in the "rare" category, I'll be doing a little admin swap event to make up for it :>

There were a number of bug fixes. Palettes should now apply correctly in the garden creator. Adjusting layer width should no longer yeet plants into the stratosphere. The seed swap should no longer randomly block slots. The tool will no longer ignore you updating ground colors until you poke it someplace else. Probably some other stuff too. Known bug: there's a random line in the middle of the Celestial layer when it gets shrunk. I'm re-architecting those anyways, so the line gets to stay for a moment.

Also I finally updated the index page to point to the new garden creator...old one's still available, of course, just as a legacy link.

Speaking of legacy, last call for the old pinglist! If you haven't (and want to), hop on the new ones:

I think that's it? As usual, if you see any weird behavior, let me know. There were a lot of internal changes this time, so bugs are likely. Thanks for helping with and using this bizarre project
cL9yafY.gif
...you DID add the bush and bench long ago; I have more than one of both...

Also, the campfire may be my new favorite base that I need in every color.
...you DID add the bush and bench long ago; I have more than one of both...

Also, the campfire may be my new favorite base that I need in every color.
Oblivion-Rising-Sig.png
An Elder Scrolls fandragon project
@Vanshira i what now [emoji=skydancer sad size=2] ohh god I did and I overwrote the push. Thankfully they're in the exact same order so nothing actually breaks (hopefully???), but that is [i]embarrassing[/i]. Thank you for catching it, I'll update the post! And yeah the campfire is INCREDIBLE.
@Vanshira i what now

ohh god I did and I overwrote the push. Thankfully they're in the exact same order so nothing actually breaks (hopefully???), but that is embarrassing. Thank you for catching it, I'll update the post!

And yeah the campfire is INCREDIBLE.
cL9yafY.gif
Oooooh exciting stuff, thank you! I finished my completion tracker a little while ago and have been working on getting a full set of XXX table rocks; re-finishing the completion tracker will be a good motivation to use this a little more actively for a while.
Oooooh exciting stuff, thank you! I finished my completion tracker a little while ago and have been working on getting a full set of XXX table rocks; re-finishing the completion tracker will be a good motivation to use this a little more actively for a while.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
@Sciencing Oh my gosh you're doing a challenge with this thing, that's the coolest?! I need to think if there's something I could do to help with tracking! There was some talk earlier about filtering on custom groups, could do something like I just did with the palette marking. No guarantee/ETA unfortunately but let me know if you have ideas! @RedRevival @Frigate @WynnDawnstrider @Stelaris's @gardening Your art's in [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Thank you again! Just let me know what general colors you'd like (if you have any preference) and I'll send you a bunch of seeds for your new base
@Sciencing Oh my gosh you're doing a challenge with this thing, that's the coolest?! I need to think if there's something I could do to help with tracking! There was some talk earlier about filtering on custom groups, could do something like I just did with the palette marking. No guarantee/ETA unfortunately but let me know if you have ideas!

@RedRevival @Frigate @WynnDawnstrider @Stelaris's @gardening

Your art's in Thank you again! Just let me know what general colors you'd like (if you have any preference) and I'll send you a bunch of seeds for your new base
cL9yafY.gif
omg there are so many cool updates, can't wait to try them out
omg there are so many cool updates, can't wait to try them out
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@Oranitha The tools you've created already are actually super flexible if you kinda do things in the right order! If there's anything that would make things easier for me it'd be an indicator of whether the seed I'm analysing is the only instance of any of its features (base and three palettes) that I own so I don't accidentally mutate away my only copy of anything. But sometimes a little struggle on the way is what really makes the challenge a challenge yanno XD

Weird thing I've stumbled across while trying to build my table rock collection - the palettes with IDs 32 and 33 only seem to partially exist, judging from my current collection. I have maybe a dozen seeds that sort to where 32 and 33 would be if I sort by feature palette, but don't have a linked feature colour in the Analysis panel. Will I need to consume these seeds to make my rocks (is that even possible?) or are seeds with those colours still being generated? Do those palettes appear in the collection tracker so that I can mark them?
@Oranitha The tools you've created already are actually super flexible if you kinda do things in the right order! If there's anything that would make things easier for me it'd be an indicator of whether the seed I'm analysing is the only instance of any of its features (base and three palettes) that I own so I don't accidentally mutate away my only copy of anything. But sometimes a little struggle on the way is what really makes the challenge a challenge yanno XD

Weird thing I've stumbled across while trying to build my table rock collection - the palettes with IDs 32 and 33 only seem to partially exist, judging from my current collection. I have maybe a dozen seeds that sort to where 32 and 33 would be if I sort by feature palette, but don't have a linked feature colour in the Analysis panel. Will I need to consume these seeds to make my rocks (is that even possible?) or are seeds with those colours still being generated? Do those palettes appear in the collection tracker so that I can mark them?
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png