Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | [IC] Coatl Chasing Fish Adopts!
1 2
I've been working on a little adopt base! Wanted to peek around and see who might be interested. It's just a smol doodly coatl chasing a fish, cause it's a hungry bean. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/538326103861755904/767334350604730398/Coatl_Adopt_Smol.png[/img] I think I'm gonna add a signature to it when I get around to it. Currently, I have no genes available, except technically underbelly (and basic, but no one counts that). The stomach... isn't really visible. Oops? (Probably gonna make up for that a little on the fish.) I was thinking of charging 100kt for them? Lemme know what you think of the price! Also probably gonna have gene sponsoring and vary stuff based on complexity. And I was kinda thinking of having other fish available at some point? Also on another note: What genes do you thinks are most important to have available first? I may work on some in my spare time. And then also, what other types of fish would you want to see? P.S. If anyone has advice on setting up a thread for adoptables, feel free to throw it my way. I haven't done this before.
I've been working on a little adopt base! Wanted to peek around and see who might be interested. It's just a smol doodly coatl chasing a fish, cause it's a hungry bean.

Coatl_Adopt_Smol.png

I think I'm gonna add a signature to it when I get around to it. Currently, I have no genes available, except technically underbelly (and basic, but no one counts that). The stomach... isn't really visible. Oops? (Probably gonna make up for that a little on the fish.)

I was thinking of charging 100kt for them? Lemme know what you think of the price! Also probably gonna have gene sponsoring and vary stuff based on complexity. And I was kinda thinking of having other fish available at some point?

Also on another note: What genes do you thinks are most important to have available first? I may work on some in my spare time. And then also, what other types of fish would you want to see?

P.S. If anyone has advice on setting up a thread for adoptables, feel free to throw it my way. I haven't done this before.
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
Bump?
Bump?
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
Ooh! I would definitely pay 100kt as a base price for these.
Please ping me when you get this going!

I'm fairly new to adoptables too, but in my shop the genes I've had requested most are: skink, starmap, metallic, cherub; bee, butterfly, alloy, constellation; runes, glimmer, firefly, filigree, and opal. (not necessarily in that order)

Knowing how you're gonna handle crystal/facet up front is helpful, too.
Ooh! I would definitely pay 100kt as a base price for these.
Please ping me when you get this going!

I'm fairly new to adoptables too, but in my shop the genes I've had requested most are: skink, starmap, metallic, cherub; bee, butterfly, alloy, constellation; runes, glimmer, firefly, filigree, and opal. (not necessarily in that order)

Knowing how you're gonna handle crystal/facet up front is helpful, too.
QZjoAv3.pngjF7ewrN.pngWY7Sbpl.pngJdImn7O.gif
@iha146 Thank you! That's very helpful. Met/alloy should be easy, at least. Cry/face will... probably just be shiny with colored triangles? I think that'll work.... May play around with it a bit.
@iha146 Thank you! That's very helpful. Met/alloy should be easy, at least. Cry/face will... probably just be shiny with colored triangles? I think that'll work.... May play around with it a bit.
Super cute!!! Personally though I'd recommend making all genes free if you want to aim for a 100g/kt base price. The base is absolutely adorable but it is rather small and simple, so I personally wouldn't charge toooo terribly much. But that is of course up to you! Either way the idea of having different fishies available is great!! If you're looking for inspo in that regard, you could check out the actual FR seafood items. That could be a cool thing to base stuff off maybe?
Super cute!!! Personally though I'd recommend making all genes free if you want to aim for a 100g/kt base price. The base is absolutely adorable but it is rather small and simple, so I personally wouldn't charge toooo terribly much. But that is of course up to you! Either way the idea of having different fishies available is great!! If you're looking for inspo in that regard, you could check out the actual FR seafood items. That could be a cool thing to base stuff off maybe?
835f82241bde5c3fdab93dcabc04f34425703952.png3b3fdf11a371593fe406aecfde3cc58dffa966ae.pngd68dbe491908146d7ba91be515fda75232d91960.pngfdaffaf5dbfa65d847a15ad972a5432bcac3fcbc.png
@FinnFantastic I really meant to reply to this sooner, but I've been so tired....

More on topic, I was kinda thinking about making genes cheaper as a result, at least, but I'm still kinda fumbling around trying to price art. Maybe 70kt? Or, somewhere around there. I dunno. Do you think it'd be better if the art was larger? The full image is 1000x1000, but I saved a small version for previewing purposes.

I thought maybe I should look at the Flight Rising fishies! They have some very good ones.
@FinnFantastic I really meant to reply to this sooner, but I've been so tired....

More on topic, I was kinda thinking about making genes cheaper as a result, at least, but I'm still kinda fumbling around trying to price art. Maybe 70kt? Or, somewhere around there. I dunno. Do you think it'd be better if the art was larger? The full image is 1000x1000, but I saved a small version for previewing purposes.

I thought maybe I should look at the Flight Rising fishies! They have some very good ones.
I absolutely feel you about struggling to price things oof. But 70kt/g sounds amazing!! It's also great to hear that the full size image is bigger than I thought! I really wish that was a more widespread thing you know? It's easy to size down an image yourself if you want to put it into your forum sig or something but sizing up? Not really possible without ruining the resolution. I do recognize though that it takes longer to color in bigger areas, of course. Find a size that works for you, I suppose hah

Do you have plans on how you'd go about with charging for genes? I'm curious about the process of this all :D

FR fishies would be so cute I think!! That could add a cool unique twist <3
I absolutely feel you about struggling to price things oof. But 70kt/g sounds amazing!! It's also great to hear that the full size image is bigger than I thought! I really wish that was a more widespread thing you know? It's easy to size down an image yourself if you want to put it into your forum sig or something but sizing up? Not really possible without ruining the resolution. I do recognize though that it takes longer to color in bigger areas, of course. Find a size that works for you, I suppose hah

Do you have plans on how you'd go about with charging for genes? I'm curious about the process of this all :D

FR fishies would be so cute I think!! That could add a cool unique twist <3
835f82241bde5c3fdab93dcabc04f34425703952.png3b3fdf11a371593fe406aecfde3cc58dffa966ae.pngd68dbe491908146d7ba91be515fda75232d91960.pngfdaffaf5dbfa65d847a15ad972a5432bcac3fcbc.png
@FinnFantastic Alright! I'll stick with that then.

And yeah, I know what you mean. I figured to make it real nice, I should make sure it was bigger than what I usually do! Wanted the lines to be smooth, and to be able to wedge in some of the tiny details. (Looking at you, tiger, among other genes.) It's not huge, of course, but it should be more than sufficient considering it's just on Flight Rising. I'm not putting it on t-shirts or anything.

Generally, what people do is have people "sponsor" a gene, which means that the first person who buys it pays to have it drawn! After that, everyone else can have it for free. Because once it's already drawn, it's just a simple matter to recolor it.

I'm glad you think so! Also vaguely thinking maybe I could make up some random holiday fishies.... Maybe a cute pumpkin fish for Halloween! Might also have people sponsor random fishies they want for a tiny fee. Or... at least if they're anything that would take more than a couple minutes. But it shouldn't take very long at least 90% of the time.
@FinnFantastic Alright! I'll stick with that then.

And yeah, I know what you mean. I figured to make it real nice, I should make sure it was bigger than what I usually do! Wanted the lines to be smooth, and to be able to wedge in some of the tiny details. (Looking at you, tiger, among other genes.) It's not huge, of course, but it should be more than sufficient considering it's just on Flight Rising. I'm not putting it on t-shirts or anything.

Generally, what people do is have people "sponsor" a gene, which means that the first person who buys it pays to have it drawn! After that, everyone else can have it for free. Because once it's already drawn, it's just a simple matter to recolor it.

I'm glad you think so! Also vaguely thinking maybe I could make up some random holiday fishies.... Maybe a cute pumpkin fish for Halloween! Might also have people sponsor random fishies they want for a tiny fee. Or... at least if they're anything that would take more than a couple minutes. But it shouldn't take very long at least 90% of the time.
Sweet!! And hey, I do think you're totally on the right track there with the sizing and all!! I'm looking forward to the shop <3

Got it! There's also some people who always charge extra for genes for every order- regardless of whether they've drawn the genes before or not, so I was curious.
Do you have a plan on how much to charge for genes yet? :o

Ohhh I love that too!! Your fishie ideas are so cute ahhhh I already know I'm gonna want like all of them haha
Sweet!! And hey, I do think you're totally on the right track there with the sizing and all!! I'm looking forward to the shop <3

Got it! There's also some people who always charge extra for genes for every order- regardless of whether they've drawn the genes before or not, so I was curious.
Do you have a plan on how much to charge for genes yet? :o

Ohhh I love that too!! Your fishie ideas are so cute ahhhh I already know I'm gonna want like all of them haha
@FinnFantastic Alright! I'll probably make it soon. Just wanted to iron out details before getting started.

Huh. I haven't seen those people, but I don't look at adopts a lot. I'll probably go analyze genes and determine how simple or complex they are? Simple genes should only take me an hour at most, so it'd be silly to charge a lot for them. But some genes (mosaic, off the top of my head) will be more complicated, so I'd probably charge more. (Underbelly will be free from the start, since it's barely visible. Probably glimmer and capsule, too.)

Mwahahaha! That's how I get people. Gotta have friend-shaped art that they can't resist. >:D
@FinnFantastic Alright! I'll probably make it soon. Just wanted to iron out details before getting started.

Huh. I haven't seen those people, but I don't look at adopts a lot. I'll probably go analyze genes and determine how simple or complex they are? Simple genes should only take me an hour at most, so it'd be silly to charge a lot for them. But some genes (mosaic, off the top of my head) will be more complicated, so I'd probably charge more. (Underbelly will be free from the start, since it's barely visible. Probably glimmer and capsule, too.)

Mwahahaha! That's how I get people. Gotta have friend-shaped art that they can't resist. >:D
1 2