Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Layer Accents and Skins
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 114 115
I'd love to have a function to allow multiple accents and or skins, there are so many great combinations that are just frustratingly ouut of reach!
I'd love to have a function to allow multiple accents and or skins, there are so many great combinations that are just frustratingly ouut of reach!
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
I feel like this could really make things a little more interesting for some people. Mixing and matching a skin (and maybe just 1 accent max) could give us so many options for our dragons. It could also help the economy because more people would be buying skins and accents to play with.

Handling anyone that dared use this function to create an image that goes against site rules could include a ban from creating skins/accents, as @ReddzArtz suggested. If they do it again to create something offensive, ban their account.

Please guys, I NEED a Banded Owlcat accent on top of my Guardian's Longneck Magi skin. :,(
I feel like this could really make things a little more interesting for some people. Mixing and matching a skin (and maybe just 1 accent max) could give us so many options for our dragons. It could also help the economy because more people would be buying skins and accents to play with.

Handling anyone that dared use this function to create an image that goes against site rules could include a ban from creating skins/accents, as @ReddzArtz suggested. If they do it again to create something offensive, ban their account.

Please guys, I NEED a Banded Owlcat accent on top of my Guardian's Longneck Magi skin. :,(
EOrlrwo.gif
[quote name="MidnightHolo" date="2018-03-06 23:23:11" ] [quote name="SeaCrest" date="2018-03-06 15:40:03" ] @MidnightHolo The reason that layering skins and accents isn't a good idea isn't because of how "busy" it would get, it's how clever artists will disguise rule-breaking images in multiple pieces so that individually, all the skins or accents will pass, but when combined, will display something that is explicitly against the rules. [/quote] I did not think about that before though as a possible problem. I supopse there is more to consider when suggesting changes. It may be hard to modderate because it's not as simple as putting a ban on certain names, or moderating the forum, but in cases of when people are noticed doing inapropriate layer combonations they should be penalized. Users should be able to report inapropriate layering so moderators don't have to go looking for it themselves. It's not a perfect system, but it's one to consider. People will always find ways to bend rules, or misuse things put in place to improve the website, but that's why there is moderation on and user awareness to try and keep it in check. But that is a tricky problem and I can see why they might be apprehensive. [/quote] While this is a possibility, way too many gems will go into doing something that most likely only a minor troll would do. It would be too much effort that wouldn`t be noticed- or, if it was, would be removed quickly. A very simple way to combat this problem would be to make the limit of layered accents only two of three. The moderators could easily see what will be intended to be inappropriate images of there is a third of it in a single skin, or half of what the complete image would be. Besides, there is rarely a need to go above two or three. After that, it simply would just look too cluttered for many to bother. On the topic of layering skins and accents, I give [b]full support.[/b] so many opportunities will be opened for further customisation of dragons, giving much more variety to the community- which is always appreciated when building dragons. [Size=3]Someone Feel free to ping me if some of this is illegible. It is incredibly late where I am, so I might have missed an error or three.
MidnightHolo wrote on 2018-03-06 23:23:11:
SeaCrest wrote on 2018-03-06 15:40:03:
@MidnightHolo

The reason that layering skins and accents isn't a good idea isn't because of how "busy" it would get, it's how clever artists will disguise rule-breaking images in multiple pieces so that individually, all the skins or accents will pass, but when combined, will display something that is explicitly against the rules.

I did not think about that before though as a possible problem. I supopse there is more to consider when suggesting changes.

It may be hard to modderate because it's not as simple as putting a ban on certain names, or moderating the forum, but in cases of when people are noticed doing inapropriate layer combonations they should be penalized. Users should be able to report inapropriate layering so moderators don't have to go looking for it themselves. It's not a perfect system, but it's one to consider.

People will always find ways to bend rules, or misuse things put in place to improve the website, but that's why there is moderation on and user awareness to try and keep it in check.

But that is a tricky problem and I can see why they might be apprehensive.

While this is a possibility, way too many gems will go into doing something that most likely only a minor troll would do. It would be too much effort that wouldn`t be noticed- or, if it was, would be removed quickly.

A very simple way to combat this problem would be to make the limit of layered accents only two of three. The moderators could easily see what will be intended to be inappropriate images of there is a third of it in a single skin, or half of what the complete image would be.
Besides, there is rarely a need to go above two or three. After that, it simply would just look too cluttered for many to bother.

On the topic of layering skins and accents, I give full support. so many opportunities will be opened for further customisation of dragons, giving much more variety to the community- which is always appreciated when building dragons.

Someone Feel free to ping me if some of this is illegible. It is incredibly late where I am, so I might have missed an error or three.
8mIb4Hl.gif
Yet another reason why this needs to be a thing: [img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/gemajgall/skins_preview.png[/img]
Yet another reason why this needs to be a thing:

skins_preview.png
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Yes please! I may have replied to this in the past, but I'm replying again. I want to be able to layer accents. It's not like it's completely impossible. You can view two accents at once when a dragon is wearing one and you're previewing the other somewhere. I would really like this make this a reality. [img]https://i.imgur.com/KbtU5Lk.png[/img] That is one of my dragons wearing the Crystal Rainbow accent from the 2016 Crystalline Gala, while also previewing the new Hyaline from the currently active Wavecrest Saturnalia. It's a really nice look and I'd love to be able to actually equip them both to that dragon. [img]https://i.imgur.com/B18uBNb.png[/img] Then there is this one. Previewing Sunbreak while wearing Shining Peacock Feathers. They look great together, but it's currently only doable in previews!
Yes please! I may have replied to this in the past, but I'm replying again. I want to be able to layer accents. It's not like it's completely impossible. You can view two accents at once when a dragon is wearing one and you're previewing the other somewhere. I would really like this make this a reality.

KbtU5Lk.png

That is one of my dragons wearing the Crystal Rainbow accent from the 2016 Crystalline Gala, while also previewing the new Hyaline from the currently active Wavecrest Saturnalia. It's a really nice look and I'd love to be able to actually equip them both to that dragon.

B18uBNb.png

Then there is this one. Previewing Sunbreak while wearing Shining Peacock Feathers. They look great together, but it's currently only doable in previews!
Brown River Recluse Queen of the River Spider Army Grey River Jumper
I have yet another need for skin and accent layering. [img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/gemajgall/skins_preview%201.png[/img]
I have yet another need for skin and accent layering.

skins_preview%201.png
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I dont see why it hasnt happened yet, support
I dont see why it hasnt happened yet, support
@Shanti how would two sfw things make something nsfw?
@Shanti how would two sfw things make something nsfw?
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YUTFUbY.png[/img] I'd really like to make my bab look like a total tree nerd maybe Support!
YUTFUbY.png

I'd really like to make my bab look like a total tree nerd maybe

Support!
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
Support!

If I look in the AH and get a preview on a dragon that already has a skin, I often love the combination.
When bought the skin, or get a preview on a dragon that hasn't a skin, it looks kinda boring.

There are so many lovley combinations that would be possible. :0
Support!

If I look in the AH and get a preview on a dragon that already has a skin, I often love the combination.
When bought the skin, or get a preview on a dragon that hasn't a skin, it looks kinda boring.

There are so many lovley combinations that would be possible. :0
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 114 115