Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Happy Birthday, have some presents
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 24
My birthday passed last month, and I support! In Account Settings, if you don't celebrate birthdays, there should be an on and off button for it. Your flight deity could message you some gifts related to the flight element! I full on support this idea!

And because, to prevent farming gifts, I agree with the idea of celebrating your clan anniversary instead!
My birthday passed last month, and I support! In Account Settings, if you don't celebrate birthdays, there should be an on and off button for it. Your flight deity could message you some gifts related to the flight element! I full on support this idea!

And because, to prevent farming gifts, I agree with the idea of celebrating your clan anniversary instead!
meow
Support too much :D
Support too much :D
Support

Yes please and thank you
Support

Yes please and thank you
GyTxqUF.png
Support. Lioden does this with neat little presents. What if you got a food item called 'Birthday Cake' or a familiar or a trinket 'Brithday card' or a birthday apparel set-A party hat, ballons, maybe a sparkly face paint or cake icing smeared on the dragon's maw? Stuff like that would be neato. and cute
Support. Lioden does this with neat little presents. What if you got a food item called 'Birthday Cake' or a familiar or a trinket 'Brithday card' or a birthday apparel set-A party hat, ballons, maybe a sparkly face paint or cake icing smeared on the dragon's maw? Stuff like that would be neato. and cute
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
If the birthday thing could be abused, the account’s start date would work! Some food, a deity doll for whatever your Flight is, and maybe a Gilded Chest or an egg for your Flight’s element would be a nice present. It’s only once a year, and you can’t change your join date, so I don’t think it would crash the site or anything. Plenty of other sites have birthday/account registration anniversary gifts, and they’re still running fine. :0
If the birthday thing could be abused, the account’s start date would work! Some food, a deity doll for whatever your Flight is, and maybe a Gilded Chest or an egg for your Flight’s element would be a nice present. It’s only once a year, and you can’t change your join date, so I don’t think it would crash the site or anything. Plenty of other sites have birthday/account registration anniversary gifts, and they’re still running fine. :0
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Yes! The whole changing birthdays thing could easily solved by setting it so you only get the birthday message once a year. If people really wanted an early gift, they just change their birthday to Jan 1, but then they can't get another birthday gift until the next year.
Yes! The whole changing birthdays thing could easily solved by setting it so you only get the birthday message once a year. If people really wanted an early gift, they just change their birthday to Jan 1, but then they can't get another birthday gift until the next year.
FObX7rS.png
[quote name="ZoranaDragon" date="2018-03-29 11:14:57" ] [quote name="@Zelan" date="2016-08-08 20:01:42" ] Here's a thought: The biggest issue with this seems to be the concern over people abusing the system and changing their birthdays multiple times to farm gifts. What if, instead of having gifts for the player's birthday, having gifts for the anniversary of the player's join date? Or Cake Day, if you will. c: Since this date can't be manually changed by the player, the only way to abuse it would be multi-accounting, which (if I'm not mistaken) isn't super difficult to catch. Another reason that I like that idea is that I actually missed my first- and second-year FR anniversaries. It's not a huge deal, but I was a little bummed when I realized that I'd missed the chance to make a little celebratory forum post or something. If no one likes that idea, though, having the gift be something mostly worthless or just be a message would probably be the best way to prevent abuse. [/quote] This idea is good! Using the clan's b day instead because it can't change is smart. Oh, and support! [/quote] Oh i love the idea of the accounts birthday! Less (real world) personal and more lore fun! A cake would be awesome but i'd be happy with maybe a special logo that has balloons and a notification saying "Happy Birthday! X Years with Sorineth!" or something!
ZoranaDragon wrote on 2018-03-29 11:14:57:
@Zelan wrote on 2016-08-08 20:01:42:
Here's a thought:

The biggest issue with this seems to be the concern over people abusing the system and changing their birthdays multiple times to farm gifts. What if, instead of having gifts for the player's birthday, having gifts for the anniversary of the player's join date? Or Cake Day, if you will. c: Since this date can't be manually changed by the player, the only way to abuse it would be multi-accounting, which (if I'm not mistaken) isn't super difficult to catch.

Another reason that I like that idea is that I actually missed my first- and second-year FR anniversaries. It's not a huge deal, but I was a little bummed when I realized that I'd missed the chance to make a little celebratory forum post or something.

If no one likes that idea, though, having the gift be something mostly worthless or just be a message would probably be the best way to prevent abuse.

This idea is good! Using the clan's b day instead because it can't change is smart.

Oh, and support!

Oh i love the idea of the accounts birthday! Less (real world) personal and more lore fun! A cake would be awesome but i'd be happy with maybe a special logo that has balloons and a notification saying "Happy Birthday! X Years with Sorineth!" or something!
Here's an idea to prevent gift-farming: if you change your birthday and have already received a birthday gift within the last year, you're not eligible to receive a gift again until at least a year has passed since the last gift (you could still get the message, though.) So if my birthday is April 20th and I change it to June 9th, I don't get any more presents that June, but I do get them the June of next year.

(Or, just... stop people from changing their birthdates. Maybe give everyone a final chance to change it in case it's inaccurate, but... why)

I think it'd be nicer on birthdays than join dates, as most people probably aren't aware of their join date and would be like 'oh, nice suprise' but little stuff like that on a birthday can really brighten things for someone, especially if you don't have much else going on that day.

Or celebrate both! Birthday and clan-founding day. (Clanday? .........Clanniversary?)
Here's an idea to prevent gift-farming: if you change your birthday and have already received a birthday gift within the last year, you're not eligible to receive a gift again until at least a year has passed since the last gift (you could still get the message, though.) So if my birthday is April 20th and I change it to June 9th, I don't get any more presents that June, but I do get them the June of next year.

(Or, just... stop people from changing their birthdates. Maybe give everyone a final chance to change it in case it's inaccurate, but... why)

I think it'd be nicer on birthdays than join dates, as most people probably aren't aware of their join date and would be like 'oh, nice suprise' but little stuff like that on a birthday can really brighten things for someone, especially if you don't have much else going on that day.

Or celebrate both! Birthday and clan-founding day. (Clanday? .........Clanniversary?)
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
This would be cute, support. :)
This would be cute, support. :)
agreed!!! omg it’ll be awesome!
agreed!!! omg it’ll be awesome!
[LvA] Public Buy[LvA] OOF Raffle[LvA] OOF Hub[LvA] IF Raffle[LvA] Illuminarti
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 24