Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Upgraded Membership? Poll!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29
[quote name="Zaltys" date="2013-09-17 11:16:25"] Autofeeding, familiar bonding, and forum colors/vistas would be good too: those are just convenience or cosmetic instead of power. [/quote] I'd be peeved if I had to pay for autofeeding and bonding all familiars at once, tbh; things like that should be available to everyone.
Zaltys wrote on 2013-09-17 11:16:25:
Autofeeding, familiar bonding, and forum colors/vistas would be good too: those are just convenience or cosmetic instead of power.

I'd be peeved if I had to pay for autofeeding and bonding all familiars at once, tbh; things like that should be available to everyone.
This is a very difficult subject to work with. Some games do this fine for a while, but they go money crazy and add features for everyone to use... as long as you're a paying customer. At the start, if you pay, you get this and that, which doesn't make you any better. And now, you get this and that and this and 'beta testing for this (which started years ago)', and free stuff, and more weight in abuse report, and that stuff.

I would love to see how FR could implement a monthly pay system. Maybe they could get something like a special apparel or a familiar when they first subscribe, so to speak. It could be sold and such like Boolean for the beta testers. But nothing like 500 dragons free and 2000 gems a day, or 50 gathering turns per whatever. Something to reward people who pay, but not discriminate those who don't pay.
This is a very difficult subject to work with. Some games do this fine for a while, but they go money crazy and add features for everyone to use... as long as you're a paying customer. At the start, if you pay, you get this and that, which doesn't make you any better. And now, you get this and that and this and 'beta testing for this (which started years ago)', and free stuff, and more weight in abuse report, and that stuff.

I would love to see how FR could implement a monthly pay system. Maybe they could get something like a special apparel or a familiar when they first subscribe, so to speak. It could be sold and such like Boolean for the beta testers. But nothing like 500 dragons free and 2000 gems a day, or 50 gathering turns per whatever. Something to reward people who pay, but not discriminate those who don't pay.
Why are you reading this? Keep scrolling.
1. Are you in support of Upgrading Accounts?
No

2. Which form would you like an Upgrade?
Neither

3. How much would you pay for a Bundle Upgrade *per Month*?
Nothing

4. How much would you pay for a Single Perk *per Month*? UPDATED!
Nothing

5. What COSMETIC Perks would you like/use most? Choose any that apply.
If you like all just say ALL

C. would actually be nice once you get 50+ dragons it gets to be a hassle.
D. This is what Ad Block Plus is for. I Know the site is supported by advertisements but *most* ads are just not safe. I am not going to risk compromising my pc.

6. How should Upgrade(s) be bought?
N/A

7. Should Upgrade(s) be direct to the Account or a Trade/Sell/Use-able item?
Direct Usage to Account-Cannot be sold.

If it is a sell able item the game will easily become pay to win for anyone that sells them.

8. Optional Any additional comments?

"Premium" memberships have ruined every pet site I have ever been on. After a while that's all the admins cater to. I do not want to see this happen here.
No

Neither

Nothing

Nothing

C. would actually be nice once you get 50+ dragons it gets to be a hassle.
D. This is what Ad Block Plus is for. I Know the site is supported by advertisements but *most* ads are just not safe. I am not going to risk compromising my pc.

N/A

Direct Usage to Account-Cannot be sold.

If it is a sell able item the game will easily become pay to win for anyone that sells them.

"Premium" memberships have ruined every pet site I have ever been on. After a while that's all the admins cater to. I do not want to see this happen here.
Let me put it this way: I do have a job. I have a job that keeps me out of the house over twelve hours a day most days of the week. So while I enjoy the site, I don't always have the time to dedicate to do all the stuff in the game--especially things like bonding all 85+ familiars--that I want to.

I would gladly pay for a premium membership even if all it ever did was give me a shortcut 'bond all' button for familiars.

This site is not always very forgiving to people who don't have a lot of free time. If I bond my familiars, I probably do not have time to grind the coli for food and I certainly don't have time to make gold in the games. And doing those other things, I don't have time to get through my familiars. A lot of people seem concerned about alienating people who can't afford memberships--but what about those of us who can and are basically being 'punished' for that?

I already buy gems to support the site. A perk like this would just give me a little more time to actually enjoy the site, while supporting it.
Let me put it this way: I do have a job. I have a job that keeps me out of the house over twelve hours a day most days of the week. So while I enjoy the site, I don't always have the time to dedicate to do all the stuff in the game--especially things like bonding all 85+ familiars--that I want to.

I would gladly pay for a premium membership even if all it ever did was give me a shortcut 'bond all' button for familiars.

This site is not always very forgiving to people who don't have a lot of free time. If I bond my familiars, I probably do not have time to grind the coli for food and I certainly don't have time to make gold in the games. And doing those other things, I don't have time to get through my familiars. A lot of people seem concerned about alienating people who can't afford memberships--but what about those of us who can and are basically being 'punished' for that?

I already buy gems to support the site. A perk like this would just give me a little more time to actually enjoy the site, while supporting it.
Tn4TEAZ.png
More tired of my treatment team than the cancer at this point
While I will never be able to afford an upgrade, I support them! But I also think you can't have premium have a huge gain to benefit them to make it not fun for others. The upgrade features could be something that would make things so much more...convenient, and maybe some more perks to it.

I think that upgrades should also be an item, so that people can work towards getting one, and don't feel so disheartened if they cannot directly buy gems.

I can definitely see one click feeding (or autofeed) and one click (or auto) bonding, as these are -conveniences-, not rights to players. Want the convenience of it? Great, save up and get an upgrade.

I can also see specific vistas for upgrades- perhaps different from the kickstarter ones, so that they remain special? Possibly even a color tint on posts.

Perhaps premium could get a monthly item, or/and even an extra turn at Pinkerton? The upgrades need to be enticing enough for people to want to buy them. Premiums could actually benefit FR and allow them to get some better servers, or some other improvements for the site.

@Rayen
I have to disagree with you there. Aywas has paid memberships, and their admin still cater to everyone. From someone who has had both nonpremium, and premium from there, its still very much playable and just as fun with or without it.
While I will never be able to afford an upgrade, I support them! But I also think you can't have premium have a huge gain to benefit them to make it not fun for others. The upgrade features could be something that would make things so much more...convenient, and maybe some more perks to it.

I think that upgrades should also be an item, so that people can work towards getting one, and don't feel so disheartened if they cannot directly buy gems.

I can definitely see one click feeding (or autofeed) and one click (or auto) bonding, as these are -conveniences-, not rights to players. Want the convenience of it? Great, save up and get an upgrade.

I can also see specific vistas for upgrades- perhaps different from the kickstarter ones, so that they remain special? Possibly even a color tint on posts.

Perhaps premium could get a monthly item, or/and even an extra turn at Pinkerton? The upgrades need to be enticing enough for people to want to buy them. Premiums could actually benefit FR and allow them to get some better servers, or some other improvements for the site.

@Rayen
I have to disagree with you there. Aywas has paid memberships, and their admin still cater to everyone. From someone who has had both nonpremium, and premium from there, its still very much playable and just as fun with or without it.
@TyrFluffy
I have never played on Aywas nor have I heard of them. My position stands. That is *my* experience with every pet site I have played on.
@TyrFluffy
I have never played on Aywas nor have I heard of them. My position stands. That is *my* experience with every pet site I have played on.
[quote name="Maxaman10" date="2013-12-19 16:43:14"][color=teal][b]I never liked memberships. It's not fair to people who can't afford things like that. Not every body is able to go and spend money willy-nilly. Memberships have driven me away from to many sites. I don't want to go broke just trying to have some fun on a game. Plus, it takes away the challenge of the game. We already have gems. If the richer people are able to just buy they're way through the game, it's no fun. Where's the excitement of getting something all on your own? And like I said, it just wouldn't be fair to poorer players. And that's why I [i]LOVE[/i] this game. I don't have to be like 'Oh, I really like that but it's membership only, and I don't have the money to be a member.' [i]ANYONE[/i] can get the item, dragon, etc. they want! All they have to do is work for it a little. And you don't have to have cash to get gems, you can buy them from other people for treasure! I don't think I could stand it if I had to have membership to get anything cool. Overall: I will be very, [i]very[/i] disappointed if membership comes to this game.[/quote] I would be very, very disappointed here as well. I'd rather buy small unlocking packs every year to six months for certain feature packs, if anything at all. Things affecting looks, NOT functions. If it affects a function to go faster, then there's going to be a advantage no matter how small. Give minutes of grinding that could've been spent on familiars before you had a pack to is crucial in the long run, and adds up even while getting those familiars, slowing down the time you have to get more. Things outside LOOKS should be for everyone or no one at all. Everyone or none: familiar bonding, auto feeding, lair "lock" Pack: tinted posts, vistas BECAUSE they're VISUAL and do not give MORE SPACE because of pack. Example of Space problem: Furry-paws tags On the art sales board, without a tag you're sometimes barely noticed. This is because people with a tag have a BIGGER name. Bigger names give more space on the board. Members without them have LESS. This is visual AND function feature. Tdlr; I think any function resulting with BIGGER, FASTER, or AUTO-anything should everyone or no one.
Maxaman10 wrote on 2013-12-19 16:43:14:
I never liked memberships. It's not fair to people who can't afford things like that. Not every body is able to go and spend money willy-nilly. Memberships have driven me away from to many sites. I don't want to go broke just trying to have some fun on a game.

Plus, it takes away the challenge of the game. We already have gems. If the richer people are able to just buy they're way through the game, it's no fun. Where's the excitement of getting something all on your own? And like I said, it just wouldn't be fair to poorer players.

And that's why I LOVE this game. I don't have to be like 'Oh, I really like that but it's membership only, and I don't have the money to be a member.' ANYONE can get the item, dragon, etc. they want! All they have to do is work for it a little. And you don't have to have cash to get gems, you can buy them from other people for treasure! I don't think I could stand it if I had to have membership to get anything cool.

Overall: I will be very, very disappointed if membership comes to this game.

I would be very, very disappointed here as well. I'd rather buy small unlocking packs every year to six months for certain feature packs, if anything at all. Things affecting looks, NOT functions.

If it affects a function to go faster, then there's going to be a advantage no matter how small. Give minutes of grinding that could've been spent on familiars before you had a pack to is crucial in the long run, and adds up even while getting those familiars, slowing down the time you have to get more.

Things outside LOOKS should be for everyone or no one at all.
Everyone or none: familiar bonding, auto feeding, lair "lock"
Pack: tinted posts, vistas BECAUSE they're VISUAL and do not give MORE SPACE because of pack.

Example of Space problem: Furry-paws tags
On the art sales board, without a tag you're sometimes barely noticed. This is because people with a tag have a BIGGER name. Bigger names give more space on the board. Members without them have LESS. This is visual AND function feature.

Tdlr; I think any function resulting with BIGGER, FASTER, or AUTO-anything should everyone or no one.
Spiral hoarder - Coliseum lover

4yyo.png
I don't really like premium membership things, and here's why:

Members start out playing on an amazing website, like FR. Adopting dragons, gathering, bonding with familiars, breeding...and it's the same thing for everyone. It's fair and equal throughout the site for the most part.
Then you add a premium membership and some of the members who originally loved the site now feel left out because they don't get to have the advantages of those who are willing to pay money every month.
Slowly it starts becoming less appealing to them because a lot of other people have it so easy, and then they have to work hard for everything.
I don't really like premium membership things, and here's why:

Members start out playing on an amazing website, like FR. Adopting dragons, gathering, bonding with familiars, breeding...and it's the same thing for everyone. It's fair and equal throughout the site for the most part.
Then you add a premium membership and some of the members who originally loved the site now feel left out because they don't get to have the advantages of those who are willing to pay money every month.
Slowly it starts becoming less appealing to them because a lot of other people have it so easy, and then they have to work hard for everything.
-b. Yes

-a. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package)
Because some people might want the whole shebang [and perhaps discount for the bundle?]
-b. Singular Perks available Separately Because some people may not want to pay for everything when they're only going to use a few things. Perhaps have an option for the user to select from.

-a. $5-10 (500-1000 Gems)
-b. $10-15 (1000-1500 Gems)

-a. $3 or Less
-b. $5 or Less
This comment is in response to #3 and #4. I feel that it kinda depends on what perks are available and how many perks. I feel that the bundle upgrade should be based on exactly how much each perk can be used and then the single perks should be based on how much that perk can be used, plus perhaps an extra percent or something so that it can be better discount to buy a bundle upgrade. *shrugs* I'm not completely sure, but that's just an idea.

-a. to -d. ALL

-c. Cash or Gems

-a. Direct Usage to Account
-b. Movable Item
I'm so/so on this. I feel that it should be directed to the specific account but I also feel that it would be amazing to be able to get on one day and find that a friend sent you an account upgrade gift. Perhaps we should have a way to 'expand' who you are buying the upgrade for. Like you can buy the upgrade and pay extra to list a few usernames to be upgraded for a month or something.

I am usually not a fan of upgradable things charged for money because it becomes unfair to some and rather irksome because some sites have upgrade-specific things like dragon breeds or markings for your cat or something and some users aren't permitted by their parents to buy things, so it can become frustrating for them. However, the upgrades proposed here are more of just casual things to make it a bit easier to do what any other member can do without the upgrade. Less frustrating for those of us who aren't permitted or don't have the money for the upgrade but a simple way to create more income for the site. Kudos to you.
-b. Yes

-a. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package)
Because some people might want the whole shebang [and perhaps discount for the bundle?]
-b. Singular Perks available Separately Because some people may not want to pay for everything when they're only going to use a few things. Perhaps have an option for the user to select from.

-a. $5-10 (500-1000 Gems)
-b. $10-15 (1000-1500 Gems)

-a. $3 or Less
-b. $5 or Less
This comment is in response to #3 and #4. I feel that it kinda depends on what perks are available and how many perks. I feel that the bundle upgrade should be based on exactly how much each perk can be used and then the single perks should be based on how much that perk can be used, plus perhaps an extra percent or something so that it can be better discount to buy a bundle upgrade. *shrugs* I'm not completely sure, but that's just an idea.

-a. to -d. ALL

-c. Cash or Gems

-a. Direct Usage to Account
-b. Movable Item
I'm so/so on this. I feel that it should be directed to the specific account but I also feel that it would be amazing to be able to get on one day and find that a friend sent you an account upgrade gift. Perhaps we should have a way to 'expand' who you are buying the upgrade for. Like you can buy the upgrade and pay extra to list a few usernames to be upgraded for a month or something.

I am usually not a fan of upgradable things charged for money because it becomes unfair to some and rather irksome because some sites have upgrade-specific things like dragon breeds or markings for your cat or something and some users aren't permitted by their parents to buy things, so it can become frustrating for them. However, the upgrades proposed here are more of just casual things to make it a bit easier to do what any other member can do without the upgrade. Less frustrating for those of us who aren't permitted or don't have the money for the upgrade but a simple way to create more income for the site. Kudos to you.
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
FBJNgPs.png 8eLgwHU.png tuKAvP2.png 8a4I5lk.png FBJNgPs.png
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
No.