Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Upgraded Membership? Poll!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29
@Skade I'm not in favor of permanent perks only because I want the revenue to help the site and a one-time-buy (even a more expensive one) might not be as helpful.

However, I know a few sites do use this so I could definitely see it as an option (for a much higher price).

All answers are good answers and I really appreciate people putting in their own ideas!
If we work together well enough collecting this kind of info we may be more likely to sway the staff to put it to use, even if we don't get the exact results, as individuals, we may have wanted. :)
@Skade I'm not in favor of permanent perks only because I want the revenue to help the site and a one-time-buy (even a more expensive one) might not be as helpful.

However, I know a few sites do use this so I could definitely see it as an option (for a much higher price).

All answers are good answers and I really appreciate people putting in their own ideas!
If we work together well enough collecting this kind of info we may be more likely to sway the staff to put it to use, even if we don't get the exact results, as individuals, we may have wanted. :)
[quote name="Skade" date="2013-09-21 10:19:59"] 8. Optional Any additional comments? I'd like the option of [b]permanent [/b]perks more then temporary ones, even if it then would cost a lot more.[/quote] @Skade Permanent perks are toxic financially in the long term for online games in general. Online games require recurring revenue in order to keep the game running. By montly upgraded account and/or microtransactions. (Since the advent of advertisement blockers and greasemonkey scripts to block anti-adblock scripts, advertisements are no longer a safe source of revenue) Even Guild Wars 2 (Buy client once, play free forever) wouldn't be sustainable in the long term without it's gem shop.
Skade wrote on 2013-09-21 10:19:59:
8. Optional Any additional comments?
I'd like the option of permanent perks more then temporary ones, even if it then would cost a lot more.

@Skade
Permanent perks are toxic financially in the long term for online games in general. Online games require recurring revenue in order to keep the game running. By montly upgraded account and/or microtransactions. (Since the advent of advertisement blockers and greasemonkey scripts to block anti-adblock scripts, advertisements are no longer a safe source of revenue)

Even Guild Wars 2 (Buy client once, play free forever) wouldn't be sustainable in the long term without it's gem shop.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
@Ettanin I have seen permanent perks work on other sites. Even though I'm not in favor of it, we have to be open to the possibilities.
And thanks for all your comments :}
@Ettanin I have seen permanent perks work on other sites. Even though I'm not in favor of it, we have to be open to the possibilities.
And thanks for all your comments :}
Premium memberships tend to snowball into "you have to be premium or spend actual money here to enjoy the site". It happened with Howrse and other websites. It'd be disappointing if it happened here!
Premium memberships tend to snowball into "you have to be premium or spend actual money here to enjoy the site". It happened with Howrse and other websites. It'd be disappointing if it happened here!
to the sea and all it bears
1. Are you in support of Upgrading Accounts?
-b. Yes

2. Which form would you like an Upgrade?
Have a bundled perk. You pay monthly or yearly for the perks.

3. How much would you pay for a Bundle Upgrade *per Month*?
Per month? $6. For a year, $60

4. How much would you pay for a Single Perk *per Month*? UPDATED!
-c. No single perks.

5. What COSMETIC Perks would you like/use most? Choose any that apply.
If you like all just say ALL
-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars
-d. Ad Removal
-e. 5K T per month.

6. How should Upgrade(s) be bought?
-b. Cash Only

7. Should Upgrade(s) be direct to the Account or a Trade/Sell/Use-able item?
-a. Direct Usage to Account

8. A pay option for "premium" will not kill the site. One site that is still very active (Neopets) has a pay site. The people that are usually against a premium part of the site, are usually people that can't afford it. I used to be one of them!
-b. Yes

Have a bundled perk. You pay monthly or yearly for the perks.

Per month? $6. For a year, $60

-c. No single perks.

-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars
-d. Ad Removal
-e. 5K T per month.

-b. Cash Only

8. A pay option for "premium" will not kill the site. One site that is still very active (Neopets) has a pay site. The people that are usually against a premium part of the site, are usually people that can't afford it. I used to be one of them!
Support only for ad removal, and even that's tentative. It would have to balance out ad revenue and the potential of advertisers being theoretically less interested in a site that offers ad removal.

Pay only features, absolutely no support, particularly familiar interact buttons because it has a huge opportunity for code glitches.

I would, however, like to see new forum vistas in the future, but not for "premium" accounts, but high-value gem only purchases, or possibly one-time cash-only purchases.

One of the reasons I like Flight Rising is because it doesn't have a lot of premium cash only items-- just gems, which are possible to get, albeit considerably more slowly, in game.
Support only for ad removal, and even that's tentative. It would have to balance out ad revenue and the potential of advertisers being theoretically less interested in a site that offers ad removal.

Pay only features, absolutely no support, particularly familiar interact buttons because it has a huge opportunity for code glitches.

I would, however, like to see new forum vistas in the future, but not for "premium" accounts, but high-value gem only purchases, or possibly one-time cash-only purchases.

One of the reasons I like Flight Rising is because it doesn't have a lot of premium cash only items-- just gems, which are possible to get, albeit considerably more slowly, in game.
I think that this sounds to much like a pay to win situation, or that it could evolve into that eventually. Personally I'm not a fan of games like that and I think that there are better ways for a website to generate money for itself. So no support.
I think that this sounds to much like a pay to win situation, or that it could evolve into that eventually. Personally I'm not a fan of games like that and I think that there are better ways for a website to generate money for itself. So no support.
-b. Yes

-a. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package)

-a. $5-10 (500-1000 Gems)

-a. $3 or Less

ALL.
And +1 Gem a day, stackable with the well-fed bonus.
+1 Gathering turn
Extra nest for the duration of the upgrade
Small chance for the familiars to give gems instead if bonded with individually (according to their level - Wary would never award gems, Tolerant 1, Relaxed 1, Inquisitive 2, Companion 2, Loyal 3, Awakened 3 with a slightly higher chance)
Small increase in the chance for 5 eggs and small decrease in the chance for 1 eggs. 1-2%?
Pinkerton would give items once every 12 hours instead of once a day.

-a. Gems Only

-b. Movable Item

I think it would be cool if it was a usable item because this way, people who couldn't afford it in Gems could buy it in treasure, and people who bought that item in the gems shop could resell it for treasure or gems.
-b. Yes

-a. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package)

-a. $5-10 (500-1000 Gems)

-a. $3 or Less

ALL.
And +1 Gem a day, stackable with the well-fed bonus.
+1 Gathering turn
Extra nest for the duration of the upgrade
Small chance for the familiars to give gems instead if bonded with individually (according to their level - Wary would never award gems, Tolerant 1, Relaxed 1, Inquisitive 2, Companion 2, Loyal 3, Awakened 3 with a slightly higher chance)
Small increase in the chance for 5 eggs and small decrease in the chance for 1 eggs. 1-2%?
Pinkerton would give items once every 12 hours instead of once a day.

-a. Gems Only

-b. Movable Item

I think it would be cool if it was a usable item because this way, people who couldn't afford it in Gems could buy it in treasure, and people who bought that item in the gems shop could resell it for treasure or gems.
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
Check out my ~ Pokemon Shop ~!
Ping me for my attention
I agree with @Campitor.

I never liked memberships. It's not fair to people who can't afford things like that. Not every body is able to go and spend money willy-nilly. Memberships have driven me away from to many sites. I don't want to go broke just trying to have some fun on a game.

Plus, it takes away the challenge of the game. We already have gems. If the richer people are able to just buy they're way through the game, it's no fun. Where's the excitement of getting something all on your own? And like I said, it just wouldn't be fair to poorer players.

And that's why I LOVE this game. I don't have to be like 'Oh, I really like that but it's membership only, and I don't have the money to be a member.' ANYONE can get the item, dragon, etc. they want! All they have to do is work for it a little. And you don't have to have cash to get gems, you can buy them from other people for treasure! I don't think I could stand it if I had to have membership to get anything cool.

Overall: I will be very, very disappointed if membership comes to this game.
I agree with @Campitor.

I never liked memberships. It's not fair to people who can't afford things like that. Not every body is able to go and spend money willy-nilly. Memberships have driven me away from to many sites. I don't want to go broke just trying to have some fun on a game.

Plus, it takes away the challenge of the game. We already have gems. If the richer people are able to just buy they're way through the game, it's no fun. Where's the excitement of getting something all on your own? And like I said, it just wouldn't be fair to poorer players.

And that's why I LOVE this game. I don't have to be like 'Oh, I really like that but it's membership only, and I don't have the money to be a member.' ANYONE can get the item, dragon, etc. they want! All they have to do is work for it a little. And you don't have to have cash to get gems, you can buy them from other people for treasure! I don't think I could stand it if I had to have membership to get anything cool.

Overall: I will be very, very disappointed if membership comes to this game.
Derpy Dragons made by the amazing NakedSatan
4_zps71d2115b.png 7_zps290dd35d.png9_zps5e93132c.png
-b. Yes

- c. Not sure

-b. $10-15 (1000-1500 Gems)

-a. $3 or Less

If you like all just say ALL:

In order of preference:
-d. Ad Removal
-c. Bond All Familiars
-b. Daily Autofeed
-a. Forum Vista

-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Yes

- c. Not sure

-b. $10-15 (1000-1500 Gems)

-a. $3 or Less

If you like all just say ALL:

In order of preference:
-d. Ad Removal
-c. Bond All Familiars
-b. Daily Autofeed
-a. Forum Vista

-c. Cash or Gems

1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28 29