Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Upgraded Membership? Poll!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
While I agree that we don't want the site to become 'pay-to-win', I wouldn't object to people who support the site financially getting somewhat more in the way of rewards. I think that a balance can be struck.
While I agree that we don't want the site to become 'pay-to-win', I wouldn't object to people who support the site financially getting somewhat more in the way of rewards. I think that a balance can be struck.
DBCSimpleBanner.png
[quote]I don't think that one person's personal opinion on elitism should stop something that would be good for Flight Rising. If someone is acting like a pompous jerk because they can spend $5 a month on the internet and you can't stand that then you're probably too sensitive for the internet to begin with lol.[/quote] That's kinda rude but okay. Firstly, elitism was only part of my post because I have been on sites and played games where memberships were seen as more special than they really were. Both by some of the people who bought them and by some of the non-premium users. People who didn't buy a colored UN or special icon felt like less of a user and would only be taken seriously when they had these things because it came with "Premium" status. Do I think that being a premium user means anything in particular? No, I don't. But I'm not everybody and I have seen people who do think otherwise. In the end I just don't like premium accounts. I don't like how it can change people's perceptions, and more than anything, I just think that cash shops are a better way to go. I fail to see why premium accounts need to be established when all of those perks can be put in the form of an item in the marketplace. Let's say premium memberships cost $15. In it you get an extra nest, a forum vista, no ads, 5% marketplace discount, and no transaction fee in the AH. I really, really need the extra nest and I wouldn't mind the vista so I buy the premium account. But I don't see the point in paying for ads to be taken off since I have adblock, and I rarely ever have enough money to even think of visiting the AH or marketplace. So all those features are useless to me. I would have gladly paid money for a vista and an extra nest, but why waste money on things I don't need or want? If these were just individual perks in the form of items that can be bought for gems in the marketplace, then I wouldn't have to, and I could still support the site and give it money. That both fulfills my need for getting only the perks I want to pay for and FR's need for money. Plus because they're just individual items, there's no big hullabaloo about being labelled as special (Premium Account Owner, Elite Account Owner, etc)
Quote:
I don't think that one person's personal opinion on elitism should stop something that would be good for Flight Rising. If someone is acting like a pompous jerk because they can spend $5 a month on the internet and you can't stand that then you're probably too sensitive for the internet to begin with lol.

That's kinda rude but okay.

Firstly, elitism was only part of my post because I have been on sites and played games where memberships were seen as more special than they really were. Both by some of the people who bought them and by some of the non-premium users. People who didn't buy a colored UN or special icon felt like less of a user and would only be taken seriously when they had these things because it came with "Premium" status.

Do I think that being a premium user means anything in particular? No, I don't. But I'm not everybody and I have seen people who do think otherwise.

In the end I just don't like premium accounts. I don't like how it can change people's perceptions, and more than anything, I just think that cash shops are a better way to go. I fail to see why premium accounts need to be established when all of those perks can be put in the form of an item in the marketplace.

Let's say premium memberships cost $15.

In it you get an extra nest, a forum vista, no ads, 5% marketplace discount, and no transaction fee in the AH.

I really, really need the extra nest and I wouldn't mind the vista so I buy the premium account. But I don't see the point in paying for ads to be taken off since I have adblock, and I rarely ever have enough money to even think of visiting the AH or marketplace. So all those features are useless to me. I would have gladly paid money for a vista and an extra nest, but why waste money on things I don't need or want?

If these were just individual perks in the form of items that can be bought for gems in the marketplace, then I wouldn't have to, and I could still support the site and give it money. That both fulfills my need for getting only the perks I want to pay for and FR's need for money. Plus because they're just individual items, there's no big hullabaloo about being labelled as special (Premium Account Owner, Elite Account Owner, etc)
@Haven offering a variety is better overall (for the site), in my opinion. If the boosts that you listed were offered, I wouldn't use the same ones you do. I'd love no fees and a market discount, but I rarely breed and I don't use the forums enough to care how my posts look. BUT having a package deal extends it to a wider base without having to make multiple options which would probably be more complicated for the programmers and could cause more problems than it solves.

On the other hands, I also see the benefit of being able to buy individual perks, either permanently or on a monthly basis. Like Breeder Perk could be an extra nest and/or slots, Trader Perk would be Market/AH based, and Chatterbox Perk could be for forum enthusiasts. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like it, I feel like offering a discount in the market shouldn't be included since it's a perk you get for having Flight Dominance.

And I think @Die was trying to make a joke, not be offensive. I do agree that people shouldn't get such hurt feelings over a title on a game (and feeling elite is equally unfounded).
@Haven offering a variety is better overall (for the site), in my opinion. If the boosts that you listed were offered, I wouldn't use the same ones you do. I'd love no fees and a market discount, but I rarely breed and I don't use the forums enough to care how my posts look. BUT having a package deal extends it to a wider base without having to make multiple options which would probably be more complicated for the programmers and could cause more problems than it solves.

On the other hands, I also see the benefit of being able to buy individual perks, either permanently or on a monthly basis. Like Breeder Perk could be an extra nest and/or slots, Trader Perk would be Market/AH based, and Chatterbox Perk could be for forum enthusiasts. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like it, I feel like offering a discount in the market shouldn't be included since it's a perk you get for having Flight Dominance.

And I think @Die was trying to make a joke, not be offensive. I do agree that people shouldn't get such hurt feelings over a title on a game (and feeling elite is equally unfounded).
$15 for the membership is a bit high I couldn't see it being more than $8-$10 and even if you don't need ALL the perks you still get the satisfaction of knowing your money helps new features. New art. New apparel. New EVERYTHING. So who cares if you have adblock and you don't need EVERY feature that it offers. You are paying the staff to give you a website that you LOVE and that is a good enough feature as is.
$15 for the membership is a bit high I couldn't see it being more than $8-$10 and even if you don't need ALL the perks you still get the satisfaction of knowing your money helps new features. New art. New apparel. New EVERYTHING. So who cares if you have adblock and you don't need EVERY feature that it offers. You are paying the staff to give you a website that you LOVE and that is a good enough feature as is.
tumblr_inline_ncgrdk8eCt1seh6yq.gif
@Oszs Excuse me if I misunderstand anything, I'm skipping sleep to try and reset my schedule so I'm a bit tired.

I don't think it would be any complication to the programmers. These features already exist for the most part as do gem items. It would simply be assigning the perk to an item that can be used instead of a group of them that activate all at once when paid for. So vistas for example. Vistas exist already. It would just be a matter of making an item that activates a vista to be put on your forum posts.

We do already have package deals in the marketplace in the form of bundles, so any grouping of these items could just be put in the form of a bundle instead of given a whole new Premium User title. That way Fr would just be using the cash features already in place instead of making a new one.

As for my examples, they were just examples. I don't like the thought memberships unlocking marketplace discounts or even extra nests. Though I wouldn't mind if nests and lair space were given the option to be unlocked with gems instead of treasure. I was just picking things off the top of my head though for my example.
@Oszs Excuse me if I misunderstand anything, I'm skipping sleep to try and reset my schedule so I'm a bit tired.

I don't think it would be any complication to the programmers. These features already exist for the most part as do gem items. It would simply be assigning the perk to an item that can be used instead of a group of them that activate all at once when paid for. So vistas for example. Vistas exist already. It would just be a matter of making an item that activates a vista to be put on your forum posts.

We do already have package deals in the marketplace in the form of bundles, so any grouping of these items could just be put in the form of a bundle instead of given a whole new Premium User title. That way Fr would just be using the cash features already in place instead of making a new one.

As for my examples, they were just examples. I don't like the thought memberships unlocking marketplace discounts or even extra nests. Though I wouldn't mind if nests and lair space were given the option to be unlocked with gems instead of treasure. I was just picking things off the top of my head though for my example.
@Die I agree 1000% :) @Haven I would LOVE if they would let player unlock features with gems! To be honest, I don't know how complicated (or not) any of those would be to program. I hope I didn't make you feel I was upset in anyway, I pinged you so you'd know I was responding to your questions. I made this post while thinking off the top of my head, too, no worries! Skipping sleep can reap havoc on the brain... [img]http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/f/f4/Dangerous_kitten.jpg[/img]
@Die I agree 1000% :)

@Haven I would LOVE if they would let player unlock features with gems!
To be honest, I don't know how complicated (or not) any of those would be to program.
I hope I didn't make you feel I was upset in anyway, I pinged you so you'd know I was responding to your questions. I made this post while thinking off the top of my head, too, no worries!

Skipping sleep can reap havoc on the brain...
Dangerous_kitten.jpg
Lol, I'm already ad free. ;v which kind of makes paying for it a moot point when people can easily not view ads for absolutely nothing.

Also I don't get this whole "play to win" argument. You can't and don't WIN at these sort of games. It's all about individual achievement. There is no endgame. FR seems to be adverse to the idea of some people getting "ahead" while the first few hundred members already got ahead with the beginner package stuff. People just seem to forget those sort of things and it's extremely confusing. Especially when it has the air of "I got mine, so oh well".

Needless to say, the things that you crossed off in the OP aren't a bad idea and implementing them would get my support. Otherwise I'm not going to pay for something that's not going to give me any kind of benefit that I can't already do myself.
Lol, I'm already ad free. ;v which kind of makes paying for it a moot point when people can easily not view ads for absolutely nothing.

Also I don't get this whole "play to win" argument. You can't and don't WIN at these sort of games. It's all about individual achievement. There is no endgame. FR seems to be adverse to the idea of some people getting "ahead" while the first few hundred members already got ahead with the beginner package stuff. People just seem to forget those sort of things and it's extremely confusing. Especially when it has the air of "I got mine, so oh well".

Needless to say, the things that you crossed off in the OP aren't a bad idea and implementing them would get my support. Otherwise I'm not going to pay for something that's not going to give me any kind of benefit that I can't already do myself.
Tumblr ! | Accent Thread ! | Fatties !
I would love a feature like this! Just the autobond feature alone would be worth the monthly fee haha! It certainly shouldn't be pay-to-win, but little cosmetic/convenience things would be wonderful c: @AMADEUS [quote][b]Will premium (paid) currency give combat/game advantages:[/b] Our paid upgrades are cosmetic or convenience-only. (But they’re totally cool and you should buy them. >.>) We do not sell items that increase the power of your dragon. We’re all gamers, and believe time, dedication and skill should yield the best combat advantages.[/quote] The crossed-off items on the OP will not be implemented, given what the Devs have already said! PS. Flight Rising, and all other websites, use ads to get revenue, which they use to improve the site and grow. Using AdBlock, therefore, is keeping them from getting ad revenue, while still using their site and bandwith. By using AdBlock, you are costing the site money. These ads are small and unobtrusive, and require only a simple click to greenlist the site.
I would love a feature like this! Just the autobond feature alone would be worth the monthly fee haha! It certainly shouldn't be pay-to-win, but little cosmetic/convenience things would be wonderful c:

@AMADEUS
Quote:
Will premium (paid) currency give combat/game advantages:
Our paid upgrades are cosmetic or convenience-only. (But they’re totally cool and you should buy them. >.>) We do not sell items that increase the power of your dragon. We’re all gamers, and believe time, dedication and skill should yield the best combat advantages.
The crossed-off items on the OP will not be implemented, given what the Devs have already said!

PS. Flight Rising, and all other websites, use ads to get revenue, which they use to improve the site and grow. Using AdBlock, therefore, is keeping them from getting ad revenue, while still using their site and bandwith. By using AdBlock, you are costing the site money. These ads are small and unobtrusive, and require only a simple click to greenlist the site.
L A D Y S P I B E
Haunted Stone Orb
she • fr+3 • lore lair • exalting lair

 fulfill your calling
lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. maecenas maximus, risus eget molestie viverra, augue arcu dictum justo, maximus aliquam risus velit non lectus.
@Adumbratus - Yes, but some of us are aware of that, but have our reasons for using ad-block.
@Adumbratus - Yes, but some of us are aware of that, but have our reasons for using ad-block.
MuwAAse.png
@Rumplestiltskin

I'm aware of that, and was not trying to impinge on anything other than his lackadaisical attitude. And while some of you need adblock for moral/health/personal reasons, some of us can't use adblock for personal/moral reasons.

So a feature like this would be a good alternative!
@Rumplestiltskin

I'm aware of that, and was not trying to impinge on anything other than his lackadaisical attitude. And while some of you need adblock for moral/health/personal reasons, some of us can't use adblock for personal/moral reasons.

So a feature like this would be a good alternative!
L A D Y S P I B E
Haunted Stone Orb
she • fr+3 • lore lair • exalting lair

 fulfill your calling
lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. maecenas maximus, risus eget molestie viverra, augue arcu dictum justo, maximus aliquam risus velit non lectus.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29