Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Upgraded Membership? Poll!
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28 29
[quote name="kush" date=2017-03-20 03:24:21] If only the buyer could see them as other users have suggested, what's the fun in that? [/quote] I think there was a quote about two posts back that perfectly explains why not: [quote name="Mozzi" date=2017-03-03 13:41:37] As for this, this is a pet collecting and breeding game, nearly everything in the game is purely cosmetic, a premium membership giving "only" cosmetic changes isn't unimportant, cosmetic changes matter a lot in this game as for a lot (if not most) players they are the whole point. [/quote] Only support for ad-removal. Absolutely nothing cosmetic, and nothing game-play related.
kush wrote on 2017-03-20:
If only the buyer could see them as other users have suggested, what's the fun in that?

I think there was a quote about two posts back that perfectly explains why not:
Mozzi wrote on 2017-03-03:
As for this, this is a pet collecting and breeding game, nearly everything in the game is purely cosmetic, a premium membership giving "only" cosmetic changes isn't unimportant, cosmetic changes matter a lot in this game as for a lot (if not most) players they are the whole point.

Only support for ad-removal. Absolutely nothing cosmetic, and nothing game-play related.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
That's not really a valid explanation... why are some of you so afraid of this supposed "divide" that probably wouldn't even happen. Do people in the real world not make more or less money than you? Have nicer things than you? Apply the techniques you use to cope with your money or lack of it in the real world to this virtual game and there you have it. Let's put on our big boy pants and acknowledge that some have more disposable income than others, and agree that it would benefit the community more to have a subscription including such perks. More $$$ into FR means more cool stuff for EVERYONE down the line
That's not really a valid explanation... why are some of you so afraid of this supposed "divide" that probably wouldn't even happen. Do people in the real world not make more or less money than you? Have nicer things than you? Apply the techniques you use to cope with your money or lack of it in the real world to this virtual game and there you have it. Let's put on our big boy pants and acknowledge that some have more disposable income than others, and agree that it would benefit the community more to have a subscription including such perks. More $$$ into FR means more cool stuff for EVERYONE down the line
PNotEHd.png
Wow, um. Rude. Like, rude and kind of gross on multiple levels.

Also, like...weird and conclusion-jumping, since I sure didn't say anything about a "divide." And a bunch of other projection. Like...seriously, calm down, and don't be an edgelord about it. It's a game.

This isn't the "real world." This is a game on a website. And specifically, a website that has promised never to be "pay-to-win." Like, that has been part of their marketing and promises since their inception. Which means that even kids without a disposable income can still get anything that someone with loads of spare cash can get. Because hey, sometimes games are for escaping the "real world" and that's actually fine. (Like, literally, psychologically fine, because it's healthy to have a hobby that doesn't remind you of your problems.)

Since the game is purely about aesthetics, having any sort of aesthetics that cannot be obtained without paying real money would be violating what has been a core principle of the site. A key point of this game is that everything is attainable without paying.

I play Habitica. Habitica has some things--costumes, backgrounds, etc--that can only be obtained if you pay money. (Heck, some things can only be obtained if you have a certain kind of account, like a group account, which is something mostly only businesses do). And...that's fine. Because Habitica has been like that from the inception. That's always been a part of their platform. Flight Rising explicitly said that that would not be a part of their website.

Like, seriously, calm down, it's ok to actually want a game to be fair, even if life isn't. Sheesh.
Wow, um. Rude. Like, rude and kind of gross on multiple levels.

Also, like...weird and conclusion-jumping, since I sure didn't say anything about a "divide." And a bunch of other projection. Like...seriously, calm down, and don't be an edgelord about it. It's a game.

This isn't the "real world." This is a game on a website. And specifically, a website that has promised never to be "pay-to-win." Like, that has been part of their marketing and promises since their inception. Which means that even kids without a disposable income can still get anything that someone with loads of spare cash can get. Because hey, sometimes games are for escaping the "real world" and that's actually fine. (Like, literally, psychologically fine, because it's healthy to have a hobby that doesn't remind you of your problems.)

Since the game is purely about aesthetics, having any sort of aesthetics that cannot be obtained without paying real money would be violating what has been a core principle of the site. A key point of this game is that everything is attainable without paying.

I play Habitica. Habitica has some things--costumes, backgrounds, etc--that can only be obtained if you pay money. (Heck, some things can only be obtained if you have a certain kind of account, like a group account, which is something mostly only businesses do). And...that's fine. Because Habitica has been like that from the inception. That's always been a part of their platform. Flight Rising explicitly said that that would not be a part of their website.

Like, seriously, calm down, it's ok to actually want a game to be fair, even if life isn't. Sheesh.
I don't support bond all and never will.

I still support a premium membership or "subscription" though, as long as it's also available to be bought via gems or treasure.
I love the remove add idea.
Other ideas could involve things already available on site via gems.
Maybe a gem market "discount" for premium members (not a ton but could be beneficial if you bought a lot), also maybe if it's a monthly subscription once a month you can click a button that progresses all active nests forward one day (this is play on the boon of fertility which can be purchased by gems anyways). Also maybe a very small chance when bonding familiars the bond counts as two days ("the familiar felt a special connection with you today!").
Nothing humongous, but also nothing that you must spend actual cash on because it can be purchased via site currency.

Once again these are just ideas.
I don't support bond all and never will.

I still support a premium membership or "subscription" though, as long as it's also available to be bought via gems or treasure.
I love the remove add idea.
Other ideas could involve things already available on site via gems.
Maybe a gem market "discount" for premium members (not a ton but could be beneficial if you bought a lot), also maybe if it's a monthly subscription once a month you can click a button that progresses all active nests forward one day (this is play on the boon of fertility which can be purchased by gems anyways). Also maybe a very small chance when bonding familiars the bond counts as two days ("the familiar felt a special connection with you today!").
Nothing humongous, but also nothing that you must spend actual cash on because it can be purchased via site currency.

Once again these are just ideas.
I'd support this, but mostly for the Ad Removal.

I do like the idea some people have been putting about being able to buy it with in game currency as even deviantart can do that. It would make it more fair for everyone (not really a big deal to me though).
I'd support this, but mostly for the Ad Removal.

I do like the idea some people have been putting about being able to buy it with in game currency as even deviantart can do that. It would make it more fair for everyone (not really a big deal to me though).
@trix I was referring to previous player's posts. Not yours specifically. :)
@trix I was referring to previous player's posts. Not yours specifically. :)
PNotEHd.png
I quite literally would stop playing if FR stooped to becoming a "play to win" game even more than it already is.

Premium currency is bad enough (and is honestly only permissible due to it being the reason why we still have the game), having exclusive cash-only content would be a deal breaker for a lot of (though granted, not all) gamers out there.

Some of those suggestions aren't as bad as others (such as "bond all familiars"), but like I said, making this game even more play to win when it already doesn't handle it well enough as it is.... seems like a very bad road to go down, in my opinion.
I quite literally would stop playing if FR stooped to becoming a "play to win" game even more than it already is.

Premium currency is bad enough (and is honestly only permissible due to it being the reason why we still have the game), having exclusive cash-only content would be a deal breaker for a lot of (though granted, not all) gamers out there.

Some of those suggestions aren't as bad as others (such as "bond all familiars"), but like I said, making this game even more play to win when it already doesn't handle it well enough as it is.... seems like a very bad road to go down, in my opinion.
Buying gems, in which you can use to buy more apparel slots (which is a premium upgrade to your account) is our form of "paid membership" already. We don't need more.

FR already has the gem purchase feature to make money off of. Buying gems is a premium feature, someothing you can only do with real money.
Buying gems, in which you can use to buy more apparel slots (which is a premium upgrade to your account) is our form of "paid membership" already. We don't need more.

FR already has the gem purchase feature to make money off of. Buying gems is a premium feature, someothing you can only do with real money.
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
Quote:
Some of those suggestions aren't as bad as others (such as "bond all familiars")

No, it would turn the site in pretty much pay to win, since people could get gilded chests with less effort than others. That's pretty bad.

Ad removal is harmless, though
Quote:
Some of those suggestions aren't as bad as others (such as "bond all familiars")

No, it would turn the site in pretty much pay to win, since people could get gilded chests with less effort than others. That's pretty bad.

Ad removal is harmless, though
@kush It was still rude. The whole attitude of "life isn't fair so suck it up and don't complain if we make things more unfair" is pretty rude, especially the way you expressed it.

And please don't ping me in the suggestions forum.
@kush It was still rude. The whole attitude of "life isn't fair so suck it up and don't complain if we make things more unfair" is pretty rude, especially the way you expressed it.

And please don't ping me in the suggestions forum.
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28 29