Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Pasture" Area Outside of Lair
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
Sounds like a great idea!
Sounds like a great idea!
nXKI4pB.png
I still very much support this idea! I've maxed out my lair, and really have no where else to go from there. Most of my dragons I don't breed, unless its something I think will sell and for a decent price. I have several pairs I wouldn't mind using to breed exalt fodder, but I need the room for other babies instead. Plus I have several projects "on hold" until I get the funding and it would be great to *store* them until then.
I still very much support this idea! I've maxed out my lair, and really have no where else to go from there. Most of my dragons I don't breed, unless its something I think will sell and for a decent price. I have several pairs I wouldn't mind using to breed exalt fodder, but I need the room for other babies instead. Plus I have several projects "on hold" until I get the funding and it would be great to *store* them until then.
SQVdsFh.png
I don't know if anyone has said it yet, but perhaps there could be a basic "1 for 5" rule where with each expansion you earn one square of pasture. So I think the original amount of spaces is like 15? You would start with 3 pasture spaces. Then with each expansion you add another space to it. With 100 lair spaces you would have 20 pasture, and that way it doesn't get out of hand. Maybe if that seems like a small amount there could be a bonus for each major lair expansion (lesser to mighty, mighty to venerable, venerable to ancient).
I don't know if anyone has said it yet, but perhaps there could be a basic "1 for 5" rule where with each expansion you earn one square of pasture. So I think the original amount of spaces is like 15? You would start with 3 pasture spaces. Then with each expansion you add another space to it. With 100 lair spaces you would have 20 pasture, and that way it doesn't get out of hand. Maybe if that seems like a small amount there could be a bonus for each major lair expansion (lesser to mighty, mighty to venerable, venerable to ancient).
Previously Anonymister
Two hours ahead of FR time. Ping me for a reply.

y0r4chX.gif
I def support the idea of a pasture! I have a lot of dragons as well I don't plan to breed ever -or- they only breed very rarely (example, HallowsEnd and Jack my halloween-y PC pair only breed at that time of year) so I'd have absolutely no qualms about their breeding cooldowns remaining frozen while they are in the pasture and have them resume when they return to the lair.

I do see there being a cap to this as well, but it would really help things and I'm totally all for this.
I def support the idea of a pasture! I have a lot of dragons as well I don't plan to breed ever -or- they only breed very rarely (example, HallowsEnd and Jack my halloween-y PC pair only breed at that time of year) so I'd have absolutely no qualms about their breeding cooldowns remaining frozen while they are in the pasture and have them resume when they return to the lair.

I do see there being a cap to this as well, but it would really help things and I'm totally all for this.
Purely for the purpose of exalt pushes, I would love some kind of dragon storage system.

Support :3
Purely for the purpose of exalt pushes, I would love some kind of dragon storage system.

Support :3
Support! Support!! I've been wanting something like this for such a long time. I have so many dragons that are like old friends. I don't want to "improve" them and I don't want to breed them but I don't want to lose them forever. Putting them out to pasture would be so great! Lairs are SO difficult to manage (with everyone flying around whenever new babies arrive) and so awkward to move from ledge to ledge (page to page). I would love to have just my breeding pairs in the lair and everyone else out enjoying themselves until I need them. I would be happy to pay for pasture space and I don't care about cool downs or anything! Please, please consider this addition to the game!
Support! Support!! I've been wanting something like this for such a long time. I have so many dragons that are like old friends. I don't want to "improve" them and I don't want to breed them but I don't want to lose them forever. Putting them out to pasture would be so great! Lairs are SO difficult to manage (with everyone flying around whenever new babies arrive) and so awkward to move from ledge to ledge (page to page). I would love to have just my breeding pairs in the lair and everyone else out enjoying themselves until I need them. I would be happy to pay for pasture space and I don't care about cool downs or anything! Please, please consider this addition to the game!
muwi1j.jpg
I am soooo for this! I am such a hoarder, and I've had to keep exalting dragons I really wanted to keep. I have quite a few dragons that I hardly ever breed, so they are really just taking up space, so it would be great to have a place to store them, especially since I am always needing space when a nest needs to be hatched.

To make lair expansions still necessary, the pasture could be limited, perhaps affected by the expansions. For example, maybe the pasture could start out with 5 slots, and for every 5 slots in our lair, we get 1 or 2 slots in the pasture.
I am soooo for this! I am such a hoarder, and I've had to keep exalting dragons I really wanted to keep. I have quite a few dragons that I hardly ever breed, so they are really just taking up space, so it would be great to have a place to store them, especially since I am always needing space when a nest needs to be hatched.

To make lair expansions still necessary, the pasture could be limited, perhaps affected by the expansions. For example, maybe the pasture could start out with 5 slots, and for every 5 slots in our lair, we get 1 or 2 slots in the pasture.
Love it. I feel just the same.
Love it. I feel just the same.
I wasn't gonna comment, but that's an Excellent idea. It would be good so long as they can't breed and can't cool down and also I'd think they should Not Grow Up no matter how old they get if the babies get put in the pasture. If not that, then only adult dragons of a certain age, say 3 months old and older, can be placed there and not hatchlings at all.
I wasn't gonna comment, but that's an Excellent idea. It would be good so long as they can't breed and can't cool down and also I'd think they should Not Grow Up no matter how old they get if the babies get put in the pasture. If not that, then only adult dragons of a certain age, say 3 months old and older, can be placed there and not hatchlings at all.
I support this, but I think it needs plenty of counters- It doesn't sound like it's supposed to be 'just another lair'.

So, yes to the breeding cooldown lock.
Yes to the no hatchlings (though maybe an exception could be made for perma-hatchlings- Lore-Wise, they might mentally be adults, you just have to get over being short all your life? And adorable~!)
Yes to the removal delay (Dragon takes X days to get back)
Yes to the treasure fee.
Yes to the high treasure fee (20K?)- This is a showcase, not more spaces for your exaltable babies
Heck, maybe even yes to the materials fee.

No, I don't really think we should get stuff for putting them out to pasture. The whole 'adventuring' thing is kind of cute, but maybe a separate idea would be better for that.

I have some dragons that are like my end result, done forever, don't need nothin' else ideas. I don't have them yet, of course, but once I do, I would love to put them in a place where they can see the sun and just enjoy themselves, and be ooh'd and aah'd over.
Dragons who, maybe I don't want to breed any more, but I'm not ready to get rid of yet.
Dragons that I collect, just to say I have them like this.
Dragons that I want to have for the sake of having.

But if I'm going to support my flight, support this game, I can't have all my dreamy, non-breeding dragons taking up all my space because BELIEVE ME I WILL. I feel like this feature should be the epitome of 'HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I'VE GOT :D' and that's all it is.

For added suggestions, I think maybe it might be neat if, maybe similar to how we have 'random dragon of the day' on the front page, we could have 'random dragon of the pasture' on our clan pages. Just, one dragon who sees you peeking and comes up to say hi. (Obviously if they want to see the rest, they'll need to click the pasture page?)
It might be neat if they were, say somehow randomized against some kind of backdrop (still clickable) because these are dragons with more free time on their hands than they know what to do with.

So I have probably rambled much more than anyone wants to hear, but.. Yeah, I like this idea.
I support this, but I think it needs plenty of counters- It doesn't sound like it's supposed to be 'just another lair'.

So, yes to the breeding cooldown lock.
Yes to the no hatchlings (though maybe an exception could be made for perma-hatchlings- Lore-Wise, they might mentally be adults, you just have to get over being short all your life? And adorable~!)
Yes to the removal delay (Dragon takes X days to get back)
Yes to the treasure fee.
Yes to the high treasure fee (20K?)- This is a showcase, not more spaces for your exaltable babies
Heck, maybe even yes to the materials fee.

No, I don't really think we should get stuff for putting them out to pasture. The whole 'adventuring' thing is kind of cute, but maybe a separate idea would be better for that.

I have some dragons that are like my end result, done forever, don't need nothin' else ideas. I don't have them yet, of course, but once I do, I would love to put them in a place where they can see the sun and just enjoy themselves, and be ooh'd and aah'd over.
Dragons who, maybe I don't want to breed any more, but I'm not ready to get rid of yet.
Dragons that I collect, just to say I have them like this.
Dragons that I want to have for the sake of having.

But if I'm going to support my flight, support this game, I can't have all my dreamy, non-breeding dragons taking up all my space because BELIEVE ME I WILL. I feel like this feature should be the epitome of 'HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I'VE GOT :D' and that's all it is.

For added suggestions, I think maybe it might be neat if, maybe similar to how we have 'random dragon of the day' on the front page, we could have 'random dragon of the pasture' on our clan pages. Just, one dragon who sees you peeking and comes up to say hi. (Obviously if they want to see the rest, they'll need to click the pasture page?)
It might be neat if they were, say somehow randomized against some kind of backdrop (still clickable) because these are dragons with more free time on their hands than they know what to do with.

So I have probably rambled much more than anyone wants to hear, but.. Yeah, I like this idea.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13