Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Pasture" Area Outside of Lair
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Support! I like the idea of breeding cooldowns not counting down either. Maybe so that there is still an incentive to increase lair space, the pasture space is tied directly in that it is only 10% of your lair space (rounded down to the nearest whole number.)

Like for example: My lair has 75 spaces. 10% of that would be 7.5 and since a dragon cannot sit in half a space, the pasture would be 7 spaces.

This way the pasture cannot be used as infinite free space for dragons you don't intend to breed.

I also think that hatchlings shouldn't be allowed in the pasture. They belong in the safety of inside the lair plus as hatchlings would lack the resources to be able to feed themselves. This would also apply to perma hatchlings.
Support! I like the idea of breeding cooldowns not counting down either. Maybe so that there is still an incentive to increase lair space, the pasture space is tied directly in that it is only 10% of your lair space (rounded down to the nearest whole number.)

Like for example: My lair has 75 spaces. 10% of that would be 7.5 and since a dragon cannot sit in half a space, the pasture would be 7 spaces.

This way the pasture cannot be used as infinite free space for dragons you don't intend to breed.

I also think that hatchlings shouldn't be allowed in the pasture. They belong in the safety of inside the lair plus as hatchlings would lack the resources to be able to feed themselves. This would also apply to perma hatchlings.
qDavPTk.png
Support ^^
Support ^^
tumblr_ntz8d7CUWK1ueyht5o1_100.png
This is a great idea. Dragon sales have dropped since people don't have unlimited room to store any dragons they buy. With this people could buy any one that catches their fancy and breed their favorites
This is a great idea. Dragon sales have dropped since people don't have unlimited room to store any dragons they buy. With this people could buy any one that catches their fancy and breed their favorites
So much support.

More ideas:
-Call it "adventuring." Your dragons are going adventuring. Rad.
-Have a food point deduction per dragon when your first put them out adventuring. For the lore, this could be referred to as their emergency food supply or something of the like. In case the dragons can't find food one day.
-A small-ish treasure deduction (10k or so) per dragon, lore-wise for extra supplies.
-The ability to group dragons together. These groups of 2-5 or something similar could be called parties.
-Dragons that are alone could be solos.
-Smaller lairs can put smaller amounts of dragons out for adventuring because they need more at home to take care of/protect the clan.
-Maybe weird requirements? Like "This dragons needs to bring 3 [food item], 5 [material] and 9 [other] in order to go adventuring." Shouldn't be expensive, just odd items it might be hard to find.

Possible cool features:
-Random items being found (extra food, chess pieces, runestones, diety dolls, etc)
-If the dragon does not have a familiar, there's a small chance it will come back with one
-Random gening? Probably not tho

... Give or take some ideas, yanno.
So much support.

More ideas:
-Call it "adventuring." Your dragons are going adventuring. Rad.
-Have a food point deduction per dragon when your first put them out adventuring. For the lore, this could be referred to as their emergency food supply or something of the like. In case the dragons can't find food one day.
-A small-ish treasure deduction (10k or so) per dragon, lore-wise for extra supplies.
-The ability to group dragons together. These groups of 2-5 or something similar could be called parties.
-Dragons that are alone could be solos.
-Smaller lairs can put smaller amounts of dragons out for adventuring because they need more at home to take care of/protect the clan.
-Maybe weird requirements? Like "This dragons needs to bring 3 [food item], 5 [material] and 9 [other] in order to go adventuring." Shouldn't be expensive, just odd items it might be hard to find.

Possible cool features:
-Random items being found (extra food, chess pieces, runestones, diety dolls, etc)
-If the dragon does not have a familiar, there's a small chance it will come back with one
-Random gening? Probably not tho

... Give or take some ideas, yanno.
The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.

j3zsWMV.png
Support
Support
cchatchsig_zpsdbd92241.png
@darthpooka
I support this idea but what if people start to take advantage of the opportunity and take out dragons to breed and fight only to put them back into the pasture area. Then no one will be buying lair space. Maybe there could be a wait period after moving a dragon in or out of a pasture. So nobody takes advantage of the "extra space."
@darthpooka
I support this idea but what if people start to take advantage of the opportunity and take out dragons to breed and fight only to put them back into the pasture area. Then no one will be buying lair space. Maybe there could be a wait period after moving a dragon in or out of a pasture. So nobody takes advantage of the "extra space."
2djvuw5.pngt9v786.pngznrfax.pngepk7k8.pngopcv92.png
I like this because there are dragons I dont intend on breeding (**** you and your orange tert, Azha), but I'd like to keep them somewhere, and the little **** wont be eating all my seafood.
I like this because there are dragons I dont intend on breeding (**** you and your orange tert, Azha), but I'd like to keep them somewhere, and the little **** wont be eating all my seafood.
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
I support some form of this idea, as I do have a couple dragons in my lair which I do not breed, and may someday have more. After all a big part of FR is to be able to keep dragons you find aesthetically pleasing.
I support some form of this idea, as I do have a couple dragons in my lair which I do not breed, and may someday have more. After all a big part of FR is to be able to keep dragons you find aesthetically pleasing.
zcsMnwG.jpg WxLmrPc.jpg
I'm FR +18 & apologise for delayed replies, I may be sleeping!
Perhaps including what you've already said, also have a limit on the number of dragons that can be in the pasture, which then could be upgraded to house more dragons
Perhaps including what you've already said, also have a limit on the number of dragons that can be in the pasture, which then could be upgraded to house more dragons
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
I support this.

Not sure if it's been suggested, but why not put a fee on it?

Like up to X amount of dragons is free, but every ten beyond that it's an additional 1000 treasure to add more?
In theory, you could have the cap pretty high.

The downside is you'd need to have either a lot of willpower or a lot of treasure. But if you're on here to the point where you're motivation is hoarding treasure and gems and other stuff until crafting and adventure mode hits, then you've probably got enough to afford it.

I dunno. Thought I might throw in my own two cents.
I support this.

Not sure if it's been suggested, but why not put a fee on it?

Like up to X amount of dragons is free, but every ten beyond that it's an additional 1000 treasure to add more?
In theory, you could have the cap pretty high.

The downside is you'd need to have either a lot of willpower or a lot of treasure. But if you're on here to the point where you're motivation is hoarding treasure and gems and other stuff until crafting and adventure mode hits, then you've probably got enough to afford it.

I dunno. Thought I might throw in my own two cents.
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13