Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Pasture" Area Outside of Lair
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Hopefully I can explain this in a way that makes sense. :) But I was thinking about a way to have lair space when: you don't have time to grind for more money for expansions, you really want to keep some dragons instead of exalting them just for more room, or all you have are basic babies so selling isn't particularly fast or profitable.

What about having a "pasture" area for the lair? You can put dragons out to pasture where they will feed themselves, but at the same time, you won't be able to use them for coli fighting or breeding. For a downside, say, their breeding cooldowns won't count down either. But this way, you could still have your dragons, but they won't be eating all your food (eyes her tundras. e_e), or taking up room that you don't have. And this way, you could also switch your dragons out, if you want to work on another group.

I don't want this to be a "We no longer need lair expansions cause we have this area" but as perhaps an alternative. I'm leery about charging a fee for it, since lack of money for a lair expansion was one of the main reasons of thinking this up. Thoughts?
Hopefully I can explain this in a way that makes sense. :) But I was thinking about a way to have lair space when: you don't have time to grind for more money for expansions, you really want to keep some dragons instead of exalting them just for more room, or all you have are basic babies so selling isn't particularly fast or profitable.

What about having a "pasture" area for the lair? You can put dragons out to pasture where they will feed themselves, but at the same time, you won't be able to use them for coli fighting or breeding. For a downside, say, their breeding cooldowns won't count down either. But this way, you could still have your dragons, but they won't be eating all your food (eyes her tundras. e_e), or taking up room that you don't have. And this way, you could also switch your dragons out, if you want to work on another group.

I don't want this to be a "We no longer need lair expansions cause we have this area" but as perhaps an alternative. I'm leery about charging a fee for it, since lack of money for a lair expansion was one of the main reasons of thinking this up. Thoughts?
Support! This would be so great!
Support! This would be so great!
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif raelprance_zpsa72ab131_by_endlesshunter-dazyjdr.gif we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
support! If done with enough negatives and stuff to balance it out and not make it OP (but not too ridiculously overpriced either), this is a great idea uwu
support! If done with enough negatives and stuff to balance it out and not make it OP (but not too ridiculously overpriced either), this is a great idea uwu
I like this idea. I think that as long as the breeding cooldowns don't tick down, it's a fair compromise to being able to keep more dragons without the lair space.

For example, I have plans to make some candy-themed dragons using skins. Those dragons would just be for show, with me never intending to breed them. It would be nice to still be able to have them for people to view and enjoy while not taking up space that I may need in my lair for breeding. :)
I like this idea. I think that as long as the breeding cooldowns don't tick down, it's a fair compromise to being able to keep more dragons without the lair space.

For example, I have plans to make some candy-themed dragons using skins. Those dragons would just be for show, with me never intending to breed them. It would be nice to still be able to have them for people to view and enjoy while not taking up space that I may need in my lair for breeding. :)
I like this too, because I've made two Oc characters in game and I bred them once. Well, I just want them to stay a little family, in line with my stories. Seeing them in my lair, rtb is tempting to nest them and I just think it would be nice to separate them from my breeding dragons.
I like this too, because I've made two Oc characters in game and I bred them once. Well, I just want them to stay a little family, in line with my stories. Seeing them in my lair, rtb is tempting to nest them and I just think it would be nice to separate them from my breeding dragons.
lord_of_the_shifting_expans_by_lynntv-d6qzmw5.gif
Deviantart |Twitch | Prizes | Commissions| Speedpaints
The problems becomes, then, when your 'pasture' area is filled also. If this area was a back up for your lair anyway, what's this solving in the mean time?
Best case scenario is that you fill up your lair and then you fill up your pasture. Kinda back to square one.
I think it's a good idea, and one that should be implemented, but I don't think it fixes the original problem, which is the need of high turn over. Selling plentifuls are not quick and sometimes we're left with them for a long time. Maybe you might end up exalting one just to make room for a deal that might not last, but that's kinda the risk you run.
The real problem here is having the will power and planning skills to either not buy something at that you can't fit, or, planning out your lair so that you have room a lot of the time.
The problems becomes, then, when your 'pasture' area is filled also. If this area was a back up for your lair anyway, what's this solving in the mean time?
Best case scenario is that you fill up your lair and then you fill up your pasture. Kinda back to square one.
I think it's a good idea, and one that should be implemented, but I don't think it fixes the original problem, which is the need of high turn over. Selling plentifuls are not quick and sometimes we're left with them for a long time. Maybe you might end up exalting one just to make room for a deal that might not last, but that's kinda the risk you run.
The real problem here is having the will power and planning skills to either not buy something at that you can't fit, or, planning out your lair so that you have room a lot of the time.
USERbanner.png
That is true. I just don't know what kind of cap would be fair or a good idea. :|a Like a number of dragons limit or if there's a "you can only put a dragon so many times to pasture before it can't go anymore" or a "you can only hold a dragon for x amount of time." But then that's getting into coding that's beyond me and could get messy. But I think you're right in that there needs to be a limit so it doesn't just become a "free" lair space that just grows and grows.
That is true. I just don't know what kind of cap would be fair or a good idea. :|a Like a number of dragons limit or if there's a "you can only put a dragon so many times to pasture before it can't go anymore" or a "you can only hold a dragon for x amount of time." But then that's getting into coding that's beyond me and could get messy. But I think you're right in that there needs to be a limit so it doesn't just become a "free" lair space that just grows and grows.
@DarthPooka @Amalythia

I was thinking about what frostkingdemetri said, and though I could see that as a problem with the lair system, instead maybe it could be a sort of reward.

I know that as you expand you lair, for example when you reach 50 dragon spaces, you earn Mighty Lair, and so on. Well, maybe as each of these lair achievements are earned, it would unlock this additional pasture area, that would hold personal dragons that you don't want to breed anymore. I would like to see this because by the time you reach 50 dragon spaces in your lair, you would have spent 650000 treasure; based off this http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=help&id=209998&p=mb

Just getting such a small achievement for so much work isn't much of a reward to me.

Also, maybe the pasture is called something different between each flight, like for water it could be called "calm lagoon", and for lightning "high plateau" Idk....
@DarthPooka @Amalythia

I was thinking about what frostkingdemetri said, and though I could see that as a problem with the lair system, instead maybe it could be a sort of reward.

I know that as you expand you lair, for example when you reach 50 dragon spaces, you earn Mighty Lair, and so on. Well, maybe as each of these lair achievements are earned, it would unlock this additional pasture area, that would hold personal dragons that you don't want to breed anymore. I would like to see this because by the time you reach 50 dragon spaces in your lair, you would have spent 650000 treasure; based off this http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=help&id=209998&p=mb

Just getting such a small achievement for so much work isn't much of a reward to me.

Also, maybe the pasture is called something different between each flight, like for water it could be called "calm lagoon", and for lightning "high plateau" Idk....
lord_of_the_shifting_expans_by_lynntv-d6qzmw5.gif
Deviantart |Twitch | Prizes | Commissions| Speedpaints
@LynnTV

Oooo, that's a good idea. I like that. But perhaps unlocking them before you hit Mighty Lair. Cause I know I'm already hitting expensive and I'm just getting to 40 spaces. XD Though that'd be a nice milestone to mark things by.
@LynnTV

Oooo, that's a good idea. I like that. But perhaps unlocking them before you hit Mighty Lair. Cause I know I'm already hitting expensive and I'm just getting to 40 spaces. XD Though that'd be a nice milestone to mark things by.
This all sounds like a wonderful idea!

Support! c:
This all sounds like a wonderful idea!

Support! c:
L A D Y S P I B E
Haunted Stone Orb
she • fr+3 • lore lair • exalting lair

 fulfill your calling
lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. maecenas maximus, risus eget molestie viverra, augue arcu dictum justo, maximus aliquam risus velit non lectus.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13