Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender Change Scroll?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
I was thinking that maybe some gender change scrolls!
I think it would be interesting because lately I've been hatching only males and now I barely have any females in my lair...
I know this would cause a problem if we could apply it to older dragons, because if they already bred then it would cause a problem if the parents were all of a sudden two males or two females.
SO HERE'S WHAT I PROPOSE.
How about they can only be applied to hatchlings? I think it's a good idea, because I honestly don't want to get rid of some of my males and I don't want to go to buy more females so, why not just change some of them?

What does anyone else think?
I was thinking that maybe some gender change scrolls!
I think it would be interesting because lately I've been hatching only males and now I barely have any females in my lair...
I know this would cause a problem if we could apply it to older dragons, because if they already bred then it would cause a problem if the parents were all of a sudden two males or two females.
SO HERE'S WHAT I PROPOSE.
How about they can only be applied to hatchlings? I think it's a good idea, because I honestly don't want to get rid of some of my males and I don't want to go to buy more females so, why not just change some of them?

What does anyone else think?
40e09c17c3944cf788021adc652e0387_zps352f3560.png
I support this idea, I mostly just get males also, and I really don't want to buy females just to go with them. So yes! ^U^
I support this idea, I mostly just get males also, and I really don't want to buy females just to go with them. So yes! ^U^
BannerMindastsya_zps799c7982.png
Maybe I'm weird, but I don't see why people would be upset if their child's parent would have two males/females cause afterwards you change the gender o.O Maybe there is something with coding I don't get. (I mean it just means they parents won't be making any more children anymore.) And if they dragon is nesting at that moment then it can't be changed.

But I would love a gender change scrolls. My Lover and I talked about it. And I read somewhere that people were against it because it might break the system. But he just suggested making it an instant or account bound item. And you can only change the change of a dragon once. :v That way it can't go back and fourth. Or have a long cool down. So you can only change one dragon every week or month or something.

Idk. But I tend to always have so many males compare to females ;;o;;
Maybe I'm weird, but I don't see why people would be upset if their child's parent would have two males/females cause afterwards you change the gender o.O Maybe there is something with coding I don't get. (I mean it just means they parents won't be making any more children anymore.) And if they dragon is nesting at that moment then it can't be changed.

But I would love a gender change scrolls. My Lover and I talked about it. And I read somewhere that people were against it because it might break the system. But he just suggested making it an instant or account bound item. And you can only change the change of a dragon once. :v That way it can't go back and fourth. Or have a long cool down. So you can only change one dragon every week or month or something.

Idk. But I tend to always have so many males compare to females ;;o;;
I love this idea, I was thinking about it myself XD
How about its a one time use thing, so once a dragons gender is changed you can't change it back. That way people can't switch back and forth just to get the color combos they want regardless of gender.
I love this idea, I was thinking about it myself XD
How about its a one time use thing, so once a dragons gender is changed you can't change it back. That way people can't switch back and forth just to get the color combos they want regardless of gender.
Yeah, at one point, I was hatching only boys, then later, I was hatching only girls! Thankfully, after that, my lair became more balanced, but still, this would be a useful item.
Yeah, at one point, I was hatching only boys, then later, I was hatching only girls! Thankfully, after that, my lair became more balanced, but still, this would be a useful item.
jCVhFoZ.gif
@Akakia - I agree with your input as well! We need to make it fair somehow so that they can only be changed once, and that it can't happen every day. I think every week would be fine, since in a month it would just be easier to sell the dragon if its causing that much trouble. :3
It's just a convenience thing. :D I hate having a hugely unbalanced lair. v___v
@Akakia - I agree with your input as well! We need to make it fair somehow so that they can only be changed once, and that it can't happen every day. I think every week would be fine, since in a month it would just be easier to sell the dragon if its causing that much trouble. :3
It's just a convenience thing. :D I hate having a hugely unbalanced lair. v___v
I really, really want these to exist. I just bought a gorgeous male Pearlcatcher and noticed that one of the male guardians I just produced would be the PERFECT mate for him if I ever decided to breed an all black dragon. I almost wept when I noticed they had the same gender. Getting a scroll for this would make me ever so happy.
I really, really want these to exist. I just bought a gorgeous male Pearlcatcher and noticed that one of the male guardians I just produced would be the PERFECT mate for him if I ever decided to breed an all black dragon. I almost wept when I noticed they had the same gender. Getting a scroll for this would make me ever so happy.
I actually think this is a really horrible idea... just for the fact that people would consistently abuse it. UNLESS there was a limit to changing a dragon's gender just ONCE, ever.

If people can just go buy gender change scrolls, that would defeat half the challenge of finding the right dragons to be able to breed them.
This would cause a huge imbalance in the game mechanics as they've been created so far.

@TierEchelon I think your suggestion to only allow a change ONCE and just to hatchlings, is very good idea though.
In addition, I think it would be even better to only be able to apply it to babies you raised yourself...but I'm not sure how that would work with coding.

But, if people bought up gender scrolls and then just went hunting to buy babies of either gender and changed them to suit their breeding needs, that would still bork the game mechanics...
I actually think this is a really horrible idea... just for the fact that people would consistently abuse it. UNLESS there was a limit to changing a dragon's gender just ONCE, ever.

If people can just go buy gender change scrolls, that would defeat half the challenge of finding the right dragons to be able to breed them.
This would cause a huge imbalance in the game mechanics as they've been created so far.

@TierEchelon I think your suggestion to only allow a change ONCE and just to hatchlings, is very good idea though.
In addition, I think it would be even better to only be able to apply it to babies you raised yourself...but I'm not sure how that would work with coding.

But, if people bought up gender scrolls and then just went hunting to buy babies of either gender and changed them to suit their breeding needs, that would still bork the game mechanics...
@Jerepasaurus - This is very true... it would make things a lot easier for everyone, but of course it's just a suggestion!

I think it would be suitable to make these scrolls a rather high price as well, so they're not as easily bought up. Not like the 6,000 treasure for a name change scroll, but somewhere around the 200,000 - 500,000 range, so it would be a bit more of a challenge to receive.

And if people still bought them up, well, it's still very similar to how people can buy up spiral scrolls in order to suit their breeding needs. And they can change the breed of a dragon however many times they'd like.
@Jerepasaurus - This is very true... it would make things a lot easier for everyone, but of course it's just a suggestion!

I think it would be suitable to make these scrolls a rather high price as well, so they're not as easily bought up. Not like the 6,000 treasure for a name change scroll, but somewhere around the 200,000 - 500,000 range, so it would be a bit more of a challenge to receive.

And if people still bought them up, well, it's still very similar to how people can buy up spiral scrolls in order to suit their breeding needs. And they can change the breed of a dragon however many times they'd like.
I agree!
I agree!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30