Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Secondary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 63 64
Secondary- Point! Like on siamese cats. Could also work as a tertiary? But a facemask/foot/tail fade.

Piebald- Maybe tertiary. It would just change the face to a 'mask' of a color, and maybe add the belly/accents as tertiary too. (But I remember rumors about this also being possibly already in the works?)

Spots! We have stripes, I'd adore leopard spots. (Different than speckle/freckly because that's a TON of clustered spots.)

Roan - Tertiary? It would essentially overlay a very faint pattern over the primary color in the tertiary color somehow. (Or you could just go with black/white as the roan color and make it a primary gene.) Could also be a secondary that would have the same effect in this second case.

Or maybe I'd just really like a roan dragon.
Secondary- Point! Like on siamese cats. Could also work as a tertiary? But a facemask/foot/tail fade.

Piebald- Maybe tertiary. It would just change the face to a 'mask' of a color, and maybe add the belly/accents as tertiary too. (But I remember rumors about this also being possibly already in the works?)

Spots! We have stripes, I'd adore leopard spots. (Different than speckle/freckly because that's a TON of clustered spots.)

Roan - Tertiary? It would essentially overlay a very faint pattern over the primary color in the tertiary color somehow. (Or you could just go with black/white as the roan color and make it a primary gene.) Could also be a secondary that would have the same effect in this second case.

Or maybe I'd just really like a roan dragon.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.giftumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro6_250.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif
@Fenrir Point is already in development for a tertiary (you can see the artwork on the second post on the tertiary sticky post). There will be a belly tertiary too.

If the gene is going to pull in the tertiary color it would be a tertiary gene
@Fenrir Point is already in development for a tertiary (you can see the artwork on the second post on the tertiary sticky post). There will be a belly tertiary too.

If the gene is going to pull in the tertiary color it would be a tertiary gene
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
i had put these on my deviantArt, and a fellow FR member suggested that it could be a gene. i thought there was no harm in asking. it would be named 'Pixel' perhaps. i could make them myself if needed. they are pretty fun to create. i know its a little more on the textured side but i think many would like it. (this is in the primary gene thread as well, since these were originally made as skins) [img]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/242/3/2/pixel_texture_skin_set__silver_ingot_by_dragongirl508-d6kcicx.png[/img] [img]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/242/f/0/pixel_texture_skin_set__golden_isle_by_dragongirl508-d6kcicd.png[/img]
i had put these on my deviantArt, and a fellow FR member suggested that it could be a gene. i thought there was no harm in asking. it would be named 'Pixel' perhaps. i could make them myself if needed. they are pretty fun to create. i know its a little more on the textured side but i think many would like it. (this is in the primary gene thread as well, since these were originally made as skins)

pixel_texture_skin_set__silver_ingot_by_dragongirl508-d6kcicx.png
pixel_texture_skin_set__golden_isle_by_dragongirl508-d6kcicd.png
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
I support the ideas already shown around of having a leaf-veined/(spider-web?)/stained-glass secondary (courtesy of @Ridget and @Ampris, spider-web being just another name I thought up...).

For the leaf-veined, using a darker shade to indicate the veins could be an option (darkest color in shading? The same color as stripes?) and following shading lines/the lineart. For example, in fae wings, following the little 'fingers' on the wing and webbing them together, then adding in the small bumps to make it look a bit more like the leaves in the image.

For a stained glass, similar effect, only maybe adding in a lighter shade near the center of each section (to evoke the idea of light through the window) and making the intersecting lines straighter rather that evidently curved.
I support the ideas already shown around of having a leaf-veined/(spider-web?)/stained-glass secondary (courtesy of @Ridget and @Ampris, spider-web being just another name I thought up...).

For the leaf-veined, using a darker shade to indicate the veins could be an option (darkest color in shading? The same color as stripes?) and following shading lines/the lineart. For example, in fae wings, following the little 'fingers' on the wing and webbing them together, then adding in the small bumps to make it look a bit more like the leaves in the image.

For a stained glass, similar effect, only maybe adding in a lighter shade near the center of each section (to evoke the idea of light through the window) and making the intersecting lines straighter rather that evidently curved.
@CinnamonThief

That idea is wonderful. I really hope it makes it!! ((And sorry for double-posting >-< ))
@CinnamonThief

That idea is wonderful. I really hope it makes it!! ((And sorry for double-posting >-< ))
Wow that idea is stunning, CinnamonThief. ^^ I really hope it gets turned into a secondary.
Wow that idea is stunning, CinnamonThief. ^^ I really hope it gets turned into a secondary.
@Gusteon that pixel patter would also look amazing on circuits
@Gusteon that pixel patter would also look amazing on circuits
Xe/Xir/Xirs pronouns
@CinnamonThief I adore that idea! That would be absolutely amazing and I would put it on so many dragons XD So I support that one too
@CinnamonThief I adore that idea! That would be absolutely amazing and I would put it on so many dragons XD So I support that one too
Wev0kLvs_o.png...... WvEXipG.png
rI18gRz.png
OPFWPxg.png
mlHpBMC.png
ll0CfnD.png
7gibfJe.png
I'm not sure if it's been suggested yet, but I think ombré would be a cool secondary gene, either fading into a lighter version of the color or into white.
I'm not sure if it's been suggested yet, but I think ombré would be a cool secondary gene, either fading into a lighter version of the color or into white.
I would love to see a metallic secondary gene! Because while the shimmer gene may add a little shine it also adds a kind of rainbow gradient to the wings. While that looks lovely on many dragons I sometimes wish I could get a "shiny" look that maintains the full integrity of the original color without the addition of green and pink hues on top of it.

The way I'm envisioning it a gene like this would be distinct from shimmer but I don't have the skills to make a mock-up so I'm not sure if others will see the difference I'm suggesting. :x
I would love to see a metallic secondary gene! Because while the shimmer gene may add a little shine it also adds a kind of rainbow gradient to the wings. While that looks lovely on many dragons I sometimes wish I could get a "shiny" look that maintains the full integrity of the original color without the addition of green and pink hues on top of it.

The way I'm envisioning it a gene like this would be distinct from shimmer but I don't have the skills to make a mock-up so I'm not sure if others will see the difference I'm suggesting. :x
tumblr_no5zp0EKMs1t474y3o2_500.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 63 64