Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Secondary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 63 64
Maybe brindled? Like a tortoiseshell cat. Kind of like smudges of another color on top of the preexisting color? Idk how to describe it, but like a tortoiseshell cat with poison color combos
Maybe brindled? Like a tortoiseshell cat. Kind of like smudges of another color on top of the preexisting color? Idk how to describe it, but like a tortoiseshell cat with poison color combos
Peacock feathers!

And there could be a heck of a lot of color variation for the different parts of the spots! Knowing how this site tends to operate, I suspect there would be one color that yields a realistic peacock coloring, and the rest being beautiful whatever-the-heck-they-want-to-be. And I think that would be amazing.

Maybe some of the oranges or blacks could result in a smoke-and-fire type coloration. Likewise, some of the blues could have a very watery look with this pattern.
Colors like Orchid could contain some greens to have a garden-like effect.
Jungle might look nice with some bright yellows or oranges popping out, like flowers in, well, a jungle :P
And just a thought that Cottoncandy could be pale pink and blue ;)

Not sure what the corresponding primary gene would look like, though combined with Iridescent it could make quite the peacock effect ;)

Unsurprisingly, this gene would probably work the best on dragons with feathered wings. For dragons with unfeathered wings, it could be more of a color pattern than an implication that there are actually feathers.
Peacock feathers!

And there could be a heck of a lot of color variation for the different parts of the spots! Knowing how this site tends to operate, I suspect there would be one color that yields a realistic peacock coloring, and the rest being beautiful whatever-the-heck-they-want-to-be. And I think that would be amazing.

Maybe some of the oranges or blacks could result in a smoke-and-fire type coloration. Likewise, some of the blues could have a very watery look with this pattern.
Colors like Orchid could contain some greens to have a garden-like effect.
Jungle might look nice with some bright yellows or oranges popping out, like flowers in, well, a jungle :P
And just a thought that Cottoncandy could be pale pink and blue ;)

Not sure what the corresponding primary gene would look like, though combined with Iridescent it could make quite the peacock effect ;)

Unsurprisingly, this gene would probably work the best on dragons with feathered wings. For dragons with unfeathered wings, it could be more of a color pattern than an implication that there are actually feathers.
Seeing as to how beautiful Stained is, I'm surprised there is not a "Screen/Window/Glass" gene that gives translucent wings to dragons. It works in every color and I'm sure would be very popular. Also has the possibility of having cracks/fracture patterns.

It could even be twisted to a multicolored stained glass feel.
I can't art unfortunately.
Seeing as to how beautiful Stained is, I'm surprised there is not a "Screen/Window/Glass" gene that gives translucent wings to dragons. It works in every color and I'm sure would be very popular. Also has the possibility of having cracks/fracture patterns.

coH7AEL.png
[quote name="Lyrelin" date="2018-04-09 17:08:10" ] Seeing as to how beautiful Stained is, I'm surprised there is not a "Screen/Window/Glass" gene that gives translucent wings to dragons. It works in every color and I'm sure would be very popular. Also has the possibility of having cracks/fracture patterns. It could even be twisted to a multicolored stained glass feel. I can't art unfortunately. [/quote] Sounds beautiful I'd use it
Lyrelin wrote on 2018-04-09 17:08:10:

Sounds beautiful I'd use it
0ztpH.gifQdTmP.gifDI05o.giftQlAk.gif0pbpz.gifynwEF.gif2cKEJ.gif2cKEJ.gif
Make Glass happen!
Make Glass happen!
Hey you. Yes you. Do you have any of the gen 1 color combos I'm looking for?
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/2608980/1#post_37177971
Earth nester | Doesn't mind pings | Intp-T | She/her
Galactic/Cosmic/Nebula

Kinda like this

It could be done in a similar way to iri/shimmer where different colors are brought out in the gene, but spacey dragons are a need in my life. <3 Could be either primary or secondary, though I wonder how tertiary would work. It could make for some beautiful multicolored galaxy dragons
Galactic/Cosmic/Nebula

Kinda like this

It could be done in a similar way to iri/shimmer where different colors are brought out in the gene, but spacey dragons are a need in my life. <3 Could be either primary or secondary, though I wonder how tertiary would work. It could make for some beautiful multicolored galaxy dragons
Please use They/Them pronouns when referring to me, thank you! c:
tumblr_nrvslrG4Qb1ubhyrgo1_75sq.gif
What about something like watercolor? I'm picturing something kind of like piebald/paint, but instead of having that harsh division between the color and white it would kind of blend and fade, with areas that are darker and areas that are lighter, like you see in some watercolor pieces. Like this: [img]http://www.uidownload.com/files/629/496/877/abstract-background-with-a-yellow-watercolor-texture.jpg[/img] Or this: [img]http://www.mygraphichunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/blue-watercolor-background_1378-52-650x650.jpg[/img]
What about something like watercolor?
I'm picturing something kind of like piebald/paint, but instead of having that harsh division between the color and white it would kind of blend and fade, with areas that are darker and areas that are lighter, like you see in some watercolor pieces.
Like this:
abstract-background-with-a-yellow-watercolor-texture.jpg
Or this:
blue-watercolor-background_1378-52-650x650.jpg
[quote name="Maelstrym" date="2018-04-28 02:03:43" ] What about something like watercolor? I'm picturing something kind of like piebald/paint, but instead of having that harsh division between the color and white it would kind of blend and fade, with areas that are darker and areas that are lighter, like you see in some watercolor pieces. [/quote] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9KtxA8j.png[/img] I, for one, would love a gene like this
Maelstrym wrote on 2018-04-28 02:03:43:
What about something like watercolor?
I'm picturing something kind of like piebald/paint, but instead of having that harsh division between the color and white it would kind of blend and fade, with areas that are darker and areas that are lighter, like you see in some watercolor pieces.
9KtxA8j.png
I, for one, would love a gene like this
[quote name="nennathriel" date="2017-07-23 17:20:45" ] Okay, bear with me because this is my first fake gene -- ever. I've drawn accents before, so this is pretty much how I decided to go about this. This is a rough rough rough markup because I have no idea how to create fake genes. So, I decided to run with @/terhothyl's idea of the Runes compliments. This is what I came up with, in Silver. [img]http://i.imgur.com/49Oempn.png[/img] [/quote] for the sake of keeping the post small i took out your other examples :'D hope you don't mind! but yes hello that inspired me to make a mockup that's... glowy. i like glowy. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ewpkU1Q.png[/img]
nennathriel wrote on 2017-07-23 17:20:45:
Okay, bear with me because this is my first fake gene -- ever. I've drawn accents before, so this is pretty much how I decided to go about this. This is a rough rough rough markup because I have no idea how to create fake genes.

So, I decided to run with @/terhothyl's idea of the Runes compliments. This is what I came up with, in Silver.

49Oempn.png
for the sake of keeping the post small i took out your other examples :'D hope you don't mind!
but yes hello that inspired me to make a mockup that's... glowy. i like glowy.
ewpkU1Q.png
a jelly/slime type gene kind of like a fully body capsule that can be slightly see through and have tiny bubbles in it or a dripping/sludge effect
this could be REALLY cool and could be brewed using baldwin
you could make food type dragons like jelly or you could use it to make a amber dragon with tert genes layered ontop like firefly or ghost to make bugs traped in amber or a suspended skeleton
a jelly/slime type gene kind of like a fully body capsule that can be slightly see through and have tiny bubbles in it or a dripping/sludge effect
this could be REALLY cool and could be brewed using baldwin
you could make food type dragons like jelly or you could use it to make a amber dragon with tert genes layered ontop like firefly or ghost to make bugs traped in amber or a suspended skeleton
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 63 64