Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Secondary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 63 64
Bubbles, possibly?
Maybe bigger or lower?
Bubbles, possibly?
Maybe bigger or lower?
Current Sweetpuff hoard: 47
SWEETPUFF SYNONYMS
he/him
usually found eliminating sweetpuffs in the coli to acquire them
definitely casting my vote towards the peacock gene! It would look great with petals or iridescent. Wow!
definitely casting my vote towards the peacock gene! It would look great with petals or iridescent. Wow!
Fd5cQVO.png
I think the "accent" areas that the Secondary colors are on need to be redefined for some of the dragons. You know, to better go with the wings. Like...I don't have the skills to edit anything, but... [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=108&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=9&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=23&auth=898e27d31be1d9ab915935a751eab59fd8079b6b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The bigger crests on top of the head, I believe can be used to help stabilize the Fae dragon in flight. But what purpose do those little crests, the ones that actually [i]get [/i]the secondary color, serve in flying? [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=9&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=23&auth=9e0bb7011a1db0d5dc5f1021bd7fc877d17a7ecd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] And how about the Mirror's skullplate and ear crests? This primary color is Orca, and as you can see that whole part of the head is made the same color as the belly. Why not make most or all of that part the Secondary color instead? [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=108&bodygene=0&breed=5&element=9&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=23&auth=8ea91f014a5a4ac68579cd0e0d2a3560c4d4e2fb&dummyext=prev.png[/img] And how about this guy's dorsal spines? Guarantee you, they help to stabilize him in flight as well as be part of his vast weaponry. Just, I think the secondary color should be the [i]Flight [/i]color - affecting the wings and[i] any accent that could serve as an aid to flight.[/i] Would make more sense, and while we're at it, would probably make some of the Tertiary genes actually impact both Primary and Secondary genes (right now, Underbelly only impacts the Primary gene).
I think the "accent" areas that the Secondary colors are on need to be redefined for some of the dragons. You know, to better go with the wings. Like...I don't have the skills to edit anything, but...
dragon?age=1&body=108&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=9&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=23&auth=898e27d31be1d9ab915935a751eab59fd8079b6b&dummyext=prev.png
The bigger crests on top of the head, I believe can be used to help stabilize the Fae dragon in flight. But what purpose do those little crests, the ones that actually get the secondary color, serve in flying?
dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=9&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=23&auth=9e0bb7011a1db0d5dc5f1021bd7fc877d17a7ecd&dummyext=prev.png
And how about the Mirror's skullplate and ear crests? This primary color is Orca, and as you can see that whole part of the head is made the same color as the belly. Why not make most or all of that part the Secondary color instead?
dragon?age=1&body=108&bodygene=0&breed=5&element=9&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=23&auth=8ea91f014a5a4ac68579cd0e0d2a3560c4d4e2fb&dummyext=prev.png
And how about this guy's dorsal spines? Guarantee you, they help to stabilize him in flight as well as be part of his vast weaponry.

Just, I think the secondary color should be the Flight color - affecting the wings and any accent that could serve as an aid to flight. Would make more sense, and while we're at it, would probably make some of the Tertiary genes actually impact both Primary and Secondary genes (right now, Underbelly only impacts the Primary gene).
@DragonWriter12 while your suggestion makes sense, a lot of people love the way they look right now, and if some of the colors were suddenly switched around.... no thank you.
for example, i have a mirror with a brown primary and a white secondary. randomly making his head fins white would look hideous, but he looks fine as he is right now.
besides, the secondary is only supposed to affect the actual wings, not things that help with flight.
@DragonWriter12 while your suggestion makes sense, a lot of people love the way they look right now, and if some of the colors were suddenly switched around.... no thank you.
for example, i have a mirror with a brown primary and a white secondary. randomly making his head fins white would look hideous, but he looks fine as he is right now.
besides, the secondary is only supposed to affect the actual wings, not things that help with flight.
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
See-through wings? Spectral?
See-through wings? Spectral?
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
[quote name="hayum" date=2016-10-13 23:30:50] [quote name="VeiledOverdose" date=2016-08-18 16:43:25] [quote name="Sinornis" date=2016-07-26 15:52:00] [quote name="Phenri" date=2016-06-08 05:29:00] [quote name="wolfhowler77" date=2016-06-03 22:36:29] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-06-03 10:53:42] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-02-19 07:54:05] This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks! Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly. It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps! What do you guys think? Original concept, using Emerald: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/r83jhyh19/emerald.jpg[/img] Some other colours: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/zevj9j73x/estdfngb.jpg[/img] [/quote] Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c: I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else. (These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.) [img]http://s33.postimg.org/m0d0qt9y7/peacock.jpg[/img] [/quote] Thank you so much this is amazing! Total support! [/quote] Oooooh! Yes please! This could look so cool as an actual gene! :D [/quote] Yes yes yes all of my yes this would be amazing! [/quote] YES. I would definitely get several dragons with this if it existed. [/quote] My love is here. Support with all my heart, so awesome!! [/quote] while i think this idea would be very pretty, i think that it's a bit too busy. maybe reduce either the 'lines' or the spots? i don't know. the thin lines are a bit off-putting.
hayum wrote on 2016-10-13:
VeiledOverdose wrote on 2016-08-18:
Sinornis wrote on 2016-07-26:
Phenri wrote on 2016-06-08:
wolfhowler77 wrote on 2016-06-03:
KatieOurMatie wrote on 2016-06-03:
KatieOurMatie wrote on 2016-02-19:
This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks!

Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly.

It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps!

What do you guys think?

Original concept, using Emerald:
emerald.jpg

Some other colours:
estdfngb.jpg

Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c:

I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else.

(These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.)

peacock.jpg
Thank you so much this is amazing! Total support!

Oooooh! Yes please! This could look so cool as an actual gene! :D
Yes yes yes all of my yes this would be amazing!

YES.

I would definitely get several dragons with this if it existed.
My love is here. Support with all my heart, so awesome!!

while i think this idea would be very pretty, i think that it's a bit too busy. maybe reduce either the 'lines' or the spots? i don't know. the thin lines are a bit off-putting.
20110.png V7wUqxW.png
ePOliyb.png
QQYyU47.png

rhaUE0x.png c7ZTdau.png 0xN1Cpn.png ijKL04W.png
Sorry for the messiness, but I read an idea for a gradient gene somewhere and I made a little mock-up. [img]http://i.imgur.com/bfYGnon.png[/img] Orca [img]http://i.imgur.com/uNjTq23.png[/img] Orchid [img]http://i.imgur.com/pTHHcxK.png[/img] Grapefruit I'm no artist, so my apologies for any mistakes or messiness.
Sorry for the messiness, but I read an idea for a gradient gene somewhere and I made a little mock-up.
bfYGnon.png
Orca
uNjTq23.png
Orchid
pTHHcxK.png
Grapefruit

I'm no artist, so my apologies for any mistakes or messiness.
yG3lmc2.png a snow covered lantern with the words 'FR SSE 2023' to its right candle-smol.png
Maybe a tattered gene could be added? That would make it look like my dragons have tasted battle many times before.
Maybe a tattered gene could be added? That would make it look like my dragons have tasted battle many times before.
The Herobrine Hunter :=_=:
[quote name="Bumbling" date=2017-01-14 09:48:20] [quote name="hayum" date=2016-10-13 23:30:50] [quote name="VeiledOverdose" date=2016-08-18 16:43:25] [quote name="Sinornis" date=2016-07-26 15:52:00] [quote name="Phenri" date=2016-06-08 05:29:00] [quote name="wolfhowler77" date=2016-06-03 22:36:29] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-06-03 10:53:42] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-02-19 07:54:05] This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks! Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly. It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps! What do you guys think? Original concept, using Emerald: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/r83jhyh19/emerald.jpg[/img] Some other colours: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/zevj9j73x/estdfngb.jpg[/img] [/quote] Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c: I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else. (These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.) [img]http://s33.postimg.org/m0d0qt9y7/peacock.jpg[/img] [/quote] Thank you so much this is amazing! Total support! [/quote] Oooooh! Yes please! This could look so cool as an actual gene! :D [/quote] Yes yes yes all of my yes this would be amazing! [/quote] YES. I would definitely get several dragons with this if it existed. [/quote] My love is here. Support with all my heart, so awesome!! [/quote] while i think this idea would be very pretty, i think that it's a bit too busy. maybe reduce either the 'lines' or the spots? i don't know. the thin lines are a bit off-putting. [/quote] I believe the lines work fine, though may be a bit too dark. Other than that, I would love to see this!
Bumbling wrote on 2017-01-14:
This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks!

Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly.

What do you guys think?

emerald.jpg

Some other colours:
estdfngb.jpg

Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c:

I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else.

(These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.)

peacock.jpg

YES.

while i think this idea would be very pretty, i think that it's a bit too busy. maybe reduce either the 'lines' or the spots? i don't know. the thin lines are a bit off-putting.

I believe the lines work fine, though may be a bit too dark. Other than that, I would love to see this!
Check out the Sales tab in my lair! It's full of gen 1s!

Water my plants?
1122832.png1123143.png1122971.png
[quote name="Tsuni" date=2017-02-01 13:05:33] [quote name="Bumbling" date=2017-01-14 09:48:20] [quote name="hayum" date=2016-10-13 23:30:50] [quote name="VeiledOverdose" date=2016-08-18 16:43:25] [quote name="Sinornis" date=2016-07-26 15:52:00] [quote name="Phenri" date=2016-06-08 05:29:00] [quote name="wolfhowler77" date=2016-06-03 22:36:29] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-06-03 10:53:42] [quote name="KatieOurMatie" date=2016-02-19 07:54:05] This is probably a concept that's already been introduced before, heh. Figured I should give it a go none the less! Peacocks! Since it's just a rough idea, the artwork is a little sloppy and I only bothered to do one side, since it's pretty detailed as a concept! I ended up trying out different colour combos, most of which I colour-picked from scries of butterfly. It'd look particularly lovely on feathered dragons, like coatls, sds and imps! What do you guys think? Original concept, using Emerald: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/r83jhyh19/emerald.jpg[/img] Some other colours: [img]http://s28.postimg.org/zevj9j73x/estdfngb.jpg[/img] [/quote] Okay! People have been asking a lot about how this would work on dragons with more leathery wings, so I went ahead and plotted out some basic blobs for where the pattern could be placed on them. It was fun to expand on this as a concept, even if it's super rough. c: I would imagine that it wouldn't NEED to have a feathery texture, since as a concept, I think it's more about the dramatic pattern than than anything else. (These aren't any particular FR colours, I just picked whatever colours stood out.) [img]http://s33.postimg.org/m0d0qt9y7/peacock.jpg[/img] [/quote] Thank you so much this is amazing! Total support! [/quote] Oooooh! Yes please! This could look so cool as an actual gene! :D [/quote] Yes yes yes all of my yes this would be amazing! [/quote] YES. I would definitely get several dragons with this if it existed. [/quote] My love is here. Support with all my heart, so awesome!! [/quote] while i think this idea would be very pretty, i think that it's a bit too busy. maybe reduce either the 'lines' or the spots? i don't know. the thin lines are a bit off-putting. [/quote] I believe the lines work fine, though may be a bit too dark. Other than that, I would love to see this! [/quote] Support
Tsuni wrote on 2017-02-01:
Bumbling wrote on 2017-01-14:

What do you guys think?

emerald.jpg

Some other colours:
estdfngb.jpg

peacock.jpg

YES.

I believe the lines work fine, though may be a bit too dark. Other than that, I would love to see this!
Support
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 63 64