Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Secondary Gene Suggestions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 63 64
The secondary gene is the gene that usually affects the markings of the dragon's wings and accents. It comes in the 67 colors available. If you have a suggestion for a secondary gene, post it here. Images that help get your point across are welcome.

Quote:
To help ensure that your suggestion has the best chance of being used, consider the following:
  • Would the gene work in all 67 colors?
  • How well would the gene mix-and-match with existing primary genes?
  • Would the gene look good across all breeds of dragon?
  • Are there any line art edits involved? If so, they should be minor, as large edits will make equipment no longer fit. Edits cannot interfere with the way that the eyes and secondary pieces of the dragon work with the body shape.
  • Is the gene different enough from existing genes that it warrants being made?

The secondary gene is the gene that usually affects the markings of the dragon's wings and accents. It comes in the 67 colors available. If you have a suggestion for a secondary gene, post it here. Images that help get your point across are welcome.

Quote:
To help ensure that your suggestion has the best chance of being used, consider the following:
  • Would the gene work in all 67 colors?
  • How well would the gene mix-and-match with existing primary genes?
  • Would the gene look good across all breeds of dragon?
  • Are there any line art edits involved? If so, they should be minor, as large edits will make equipment no longer fit. Edits cannot interfere with the way that the eyes and secondary pieces of the dragon work with the body shape.
  • Is the gene different enough from existing genes that it warrants being made?

Butterfly wings, lots of butterfly wings. There are many patterns available with the Monarch being easily recognizable. I was thinking perhaps the genetics would have mostly just the black portion of the wings, with the dragon's original wing color showing through where the orange normally would be (using the monarch as an example).

Stained glass? I haven't seen transparencies to the background on the dragon art though so that may be a no-go.
Butterfly wings, lots of butterfly wings. There are many patterns available with the Monarch being easily recognizable. I was thinking perhaps the genetics would have mostly just the black portion of the wings, with the dragon's original wing color showing through where the orange normally would be (using the monarch as an example).

Stained glass? I haven't seen transparencies to the background on the dragon art though so that may be a no-go.
i was thinking maybe....... dalmation spots? think about it ! they are soooo cute! you could do them in a slightly lighter or darker color then the basic, like the tiger stripes. Though it might look even better as a tertiary gene....
i was thinking maybe....... dalmation spots? think about it ! they are soooo cute! you could do them in a slightly lighter or darker color then the basic, like the tiger stripes. Though it might look even better as a tertiary gene....
tumblr_ona6ed8Hu71u9ymyzo6_r1_250.pngtumblr_on2sm1UsoN1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.png
Peacock! Like those little colorful eyelet markings.
Peacock! Like those little colorful eyelet markings.
CZPi.pngqKmW.pngzfiK.pngqOns.pngX1Vf.png
A wing pattern with one or multiple spirals on each wing would be neat. And I don't know if this would make a better tertiary pattern than a wing pattern but I really want stars on my dragon. And something like this [img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/160/1/9/fae_f_wingoutline_by_ladybugheart55-d68ed0y.png[/img] Excuse my poor image editing skills. Feel free to change the shape to make it look better. Just please if you use it have it still create an inside border for the wings.
A wing pattern with one or multiple spirals on each wing would be neat.

And I don't know if this would make a better tertiary pattern than a wing pattern but I really want stars on my dragon.

And something like this

fae_f_wingoutline_by_ladybugheart55-d68ed0y.png

Excuse my poor image editing skills.
Feel free to change the shape to make it look better. Just please if you use it have it still create an inside border for the wings.
FR_Arcanethin_zps84463c57.png
Maybe something along the lines of a shoulder marking, like Harris hawks have?
Also, love the butterfly wing idea, Monarch sounds amazing :)
Maybe something along the lines of a shoulder marking, like Harris hawks have?
Also, love the butterfly wing idea, Monarch sounds amazing :)
Check out my Patreon!
How about some kind of a spiral pattern? Like something out of optical illusions...or maybe something bit simpler.
How about some kind of a spiral pattern? Like something out of optical illusions...or maybe something bit simpler.
I like the idea of stars. Little twinkly ones all over, perhaps in the tertiary color?
I like the idea of stars. Little twinkly ones all over, perhaps in the tertiary color?
177499lightofknowledge2.png
I suggested in the stream a few days ago; Exoskeletons.
And I don't mean the bug carapace kind... I mean actual bones. How cool would they be?
I suggested in the stream a few days ago; Exoskeletons.
And I don't mean the bug carapace kind... I mean actual bones. How cool would they be?
I06KedT.gif
Wispy fire o:
Or something along the webbed-edges of the wings that stretches inward. Those markings always look nice. :3

Checkerboard?
Aztec/square-ish swirls?
Jaguar-esque spots placed specifically instead of randomly?
'Finger print'?

(I'm probably going to come back and edit this with images too)
Wispy fire o:
Or something along the webbed-edges of the wings that stretches inward. Those markings always look nice. :3

Checkerboard?
Aztec/square-ish swirls?
Jaguar-esque spots placed specifically instead of randomly?
'Finger print'?

(I'm probably going to come back and edit this with images too)
tumblr_inline_nbefjbkpeK1qg78ij.png |
|
|
|
|
|
|

°w i n t e r° | them/her | 29
ofH1M.gif

tumblr_inline_niyktkVipp1rujz3w.gif KoKoata
Hatchery
Artshop (USD)