Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Primary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 193 194
Crystaline: Makes the dragons body reflective, faceted, and possibly slightly transparent. Could complement nicely with a "Stained Glass" look for the wings.
Crystaline: Makes the dragons body reflective, faceted, and possibly slightly transparent. Could complement nicely with a "Stained Glass" look for the wings.
Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
The ******* Links are correct. There's a bug preventing direct Forum URLs.
I would absolutely adore dragons with Kestrel markings for their primaries.
The American Kestrel has gorgeous patterning all over its body, which would no doubt look faboo on a dragon. The lines, and spots are pretty, and lighter and darker hues of the primary could be considered for the differing colours.
I would absolutely adore dragons with Kestrel markings for their primaries.
The American Kestrel has gorgeous patterning all over its body, which would no doubt look faboo on a dragon. The lines, and spots are pretty, and lighter and darker hues of the primary could be considered for the differing colours.
mazatl_by_whatcritter-d7qvtl6.gif
@Cathal
"Perhaps genes based off the elemental dragons themselves? I'm not sure what to do for each one, but maybe, for example, a water gene might cause gills and coral growths or barnacles on the skin/body of the dragon. A nature gene might cause bark-like growth/knobs/leaves/barbs/thorns or something similar. The ones already given about snake/giraffes/fawn inspirations so far are great as well, I think, pattern wise. Could have a barbed quills growth design like a porcupine, or labyrinth-like patterns like certain types of pufferfish"
Oh absolutely! This is a fantastic suggestion that I support in full~!
@Cathal
"Perhaps genes based off the elemental dragons themselves? I'm not sure what to do for each one, but maybe, for example, a water gene might cause gills and coral growths or barnacles on the skin/body of the dragon. A nature gene might cause bark-like growth/knobs/leaves/barbs/thorns or something similar. The ones already given about snake/giraffes/fawn inspirations so far are great as well, I think, pattern wise. Could have a barbed quills growth design like a porcupine, or labyrinth-like patterns like certain types of pufferfish"
Oh absolutely! This is a fantastic suggestion that I support in full~!
tumblr_psyn42f2ml1xu6krko1_400.png
How about something like a Kuhli Loach? It's a tad similar to Tiger, but instead of short and plentiful stripes, they are fewer and thicker. It could also include a light belly, and some kuhlis have spots in their stripes

Here are some references
PA041084.jpg

P5251333_zps41d134aa.jpg

P6091337_zps9bfe2261.jpg

P6091335_zpsffe3f91b.jpg

How about something like a Kuhli Loach? It's a tad similar to Tiger, but instead of short and plentiful stripes, they are fewer and thicker. It could also include a light belly, and some kuhlis have spots in their stripes

Here are some references
PA041084.jpg

P5251333_zps41d134aa.jpg

P6091337_zps9bfe2261.jpg

P6091335_zpsffe3f91b.jpg

@Juliard OMG yes this would be perfect for my Aziraphale dragon.
@Juliard OMG yes this would be perfect for my Aziraphale dragon.
7508242.png
I posted a 'parchment' secondary gene idea in the appropriate thread, to go along with the primary gene idea here --> 'ink' or 'splotch'. The body would be splattered in various spots, as if by ink. Very irregular spotting, stain-like in nature.
I posted a 'parchment' secondary gene idea in the appropriate thread, to go along with the primary gene idea here --> 'ink' or 'splotch'. The body would be splattered in various spots, as if by ink. Very irregular spotting, stain-like in nature.
HoSUf2P.png
Lionfish, giraffe, feather, and frost patterns sound great, but please, for the love of the Arcanist, don't make plaid dragons. D:
Lionfish, giraffe, feather, and frost patterns sound great, but please, for the love of the Arcanist, don't make plaid dragons. D:
Went and doodled some ideas.

Deaths head
Ocelot
Paint(Which, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Having a piebald/paint marking would be awesome)
Went and doodled some ideas.

Deaths head
Ocelot
Paint(Which, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Having a piebald/paint marking would be awesome)
tumblr_inline_nbefjbkpeK1qg78ij.png |
|
|
|
|
|
|

°w i n t e r° | them/her | 29
ofH1M.gif

tumblr_inline_niyktkVipp1rujz3w.gif KoKoata
Hatchery
Artshop (USD)
o l d + s o u l
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
You've got me surrounded
It feels like I'm drowning,
and I don't want to come up for air.
I lost everything,
I threw myself in,
and you took me when no one was there.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How about a Pixel-y pattern on the arms, legs, and tail? With a tendency to be darker than the body color. Here is an example I threw together: [img]http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g479/Gusteon/Flight%20Rising/Gusty_Pixel_mirror_f_examplecolor_zpse53b55a8.png[/img]
How about a Pixel-y pattern on the arms, legs, and tail? With a tendency to be darker than the body color.
Here is an example I threw together:
Gusty_Pixel_mirror_f_examplecolor_zpse53b55a8.png
BlueWingHatcheryBannersigV1_zps19d99760.png
[quote name="Star" date="2013-06-12 19:08:57" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=2&id=685#54832"] [b]Gene:[/b] Piebald [b]Image url:[/b] [url]http://tinyurl.com/kxespfq[/url] [b]Notes:[/b] There are so many variations, piebald snakes can be really beautiful. [b]Gene:[/b] Clouded Leopard [b]Image:[/b] [url]http://www.maniacworld.com/Clouded-Leopard.jpg[/url] [/quote] @Star I'd ADORE seeing the Piebald on the dragons utilizing their primary and secondary colors. That would be marvelous!

Gene: Piebald
Image url: http://*******.com/kxespfq
Notes: There are so many variations, piebald snakes can be really beautiful.

Gene: Clouded Leopard
Image: http://www.maniacworld.com/Clouded-Leopard.jpg

@Star I'd ADORE seeing the Piebald on the dragons utilizing their primary and secondary colors. That would be marvelous!
@SaberlinSLA on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook/Artstation/Deviantart/TwitchTV
For Rainbow Opalescent Creatures and Exploring the Edges of Imagination!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 193 194