Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Primary Gene Suggestions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 194 195
Feather pattern gene? It'd work well for any dragon I think. IT won't be outside of the dragon so no line art editing, just some random feather tufts like inside shoulder neck, belly, etc. like the scales on an imperial...then again i guess it'd not work on a tundra? drats. or it'd make the fur on the tundra more like feather-fur.
Feather pattern gene? It'd work well for any dragon I think. IT won't be outside of the dragon so no line art editing, just some random feather tufts like inside shoulder neck, belly, etc. like the scales on an imperial...then again i guess it'd not work on a tundra? drats. or it'd make the fur on the tundra more like feather-fur.
ZGYmTia.png
silly as it may sound, a scaly pattern? oh and what about a galaxy or nebula cloud? that would be really cool. :3
silly as it may sound, a scaly pattern? oh and what about a galaxy or nebula cloud? that would be really cool. :3
ArcanisArcanum.png
[quote name="Reitgerte" date="2013-06-11 18:19:05" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=685#47000"]I'd love to see a scars/battle damage gene. There are a few apparel scars, but I was thinking something a bit more obvious rather than piecemeal, for those grizzled dragons that have spent their lives in the coliseum. [/quote] I feel like this is something that could be more easily accomplished via an Accent rather than a gene. =) Hmm, I will have to think on this one~ It would be neat to see a leopard gene of some sort, but Clown is very close to that already... hmmm.
I'd love to see a scars/battle damage gene. There are a few apparel scars, but I was thinking something a bit more obvious rather than piecemeal, for those grizzled dragons that have spent their lives in the coliseum.

I feel like this is something that could be more easily accomplished via an Accent rather than a gene. =)

Hmm, I will have to think on this one~

It would be neat to see a leopard gene of some sort, but Clown is very close to that already... hmmm.
15evlog.jpg
Swirls!
Swirls!
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
I wouldn't know how some of these patterns would be done but I've found a few pictures of animals that I think would make good inspiration for dragon patterns.

EDiamondbackRattlesnake_2004-10-09_0023_zpsb34c6cdc.jpg

I think a rattle snake patter would be really awesome. I like the dark streaks under each eye. I think that would be really fierce looking.

bush_viper_pink_snake-t2_zpsbf3cea59.jpg

I really like the sharp scale texture of this bush viper.

esskiltonmodoc04_zps6e590b7f.jpg

This lizard because of the two strips running down it's back fading into a brightly colored tail.

WF-Multi-Colored-Butterfly-copy-1024x943_zpsefad11c2.jpg

More verity of butterfly patterns?

silver-sea-snail-swallow_zps4db5cb0f.jpg

5516639720_c75ee9bba5_z_zps125d22ad.jpg

Sea Snails come in all shapes and colors and I think are a great animal to look at for ideas.
I wouldn't know how some of these patterns would be done but I've found a few pictures of animals that I think would make good inspiration for dragon patterns.

EDiamondbackRattlesnake_2004-10-09_0023_zpsb34c6cdc.jpg

I think a rattle snake patter would be really awesome. I like the dark streaks under each eye. I think that would be really fierce looking.

bush_viper_pink_snake-t2_zpsbf3cea59.jpg

I really like the sharp scale texture of this bush viper.

esskiltonmodoc04_zps6e590b7f.jpg

This lizard because of the two strips running down it's back fading into a brightly colored tail.

WF-Multi-Colored-Butterfly-copy-1024x943_zpsefad11c2.jpg

More verity of butterfly patterns?

silver-sea-snail-swallow_zps4db5cb0f.jpg

5516639720_c75ee9bba5_z_zps125d22ad.jpg

Sea Snails come in all shapes and colors and I think are a great animal to look at for ideas.
lightflight_banner_zps69a6bf1c.jpg
Vitiligo.
It could be only partial fading, to allow some pastel coloring to peak through, and only effect skin/scales, not keratin-based things like fur, horns, and claws.
There's plenty of reference photos online, it'd be interesting to see, and it'd be easy to implement for all colors and patterns.
Vitiligo.
It could be only partial fading, to allow some pastel coloring to peak through, and only effect skin/scales, not keratin-based things like fur, horns, and claws.
There's plenty of reference photos online, it'd be interesting to see, and it'd be easy to implement for all colors and patterns.
Support for Piebald and Vitiligo!

Would like to see a Joint Banding pattern - bands around elbows, wrists, neck-base, tail, wing-joint, possibly muzzle and fingers.
Support for Piebald and Vitiligo!

Would like to see a Joint Banding pattern - bands around elbows, wrists, neck-base, tail, wing-joint, possibly muzzle and fingers.
I'd actually be really glad to see if Piebald or any kind of Python/Corn/overall snake morph can be incorporated as a gene. Each separate species could have a specific morph design layered on top of their genetic coloring, or have a morph only to a specific snake species so each dragon species has a unique pattern. I could wrestle up some quickie designs, but I don't know... would I be overstepping my boundaries here, or would that be a little helpful...? Edit;; I actually did do a very quick twenty minute render of my Mirror Male Brauhge with a morph design I found interesting. I only really did it on his main coloring, so if there's more to a primary I'll be able to render those later. [img]http://content.screencast.com/users/RoyalArtwork/folders/Other%20Work/media/e5039bbe-a1a7-4fc4-90b6-90e78ed04b38/charcoalcornmirrormgenesm.png[/img]
I'd actually be really glad to see if Piebald or any kind of Python/Corn/overall snake morph can be incorporated as a gene. Each separate species could have a specific morph design layered on top of their genetic coloring, or have a morph only to a specific snake species so each dragon species has a unique pattern. I could wrestle up some quickie designs, but I don't know... would I be overstepping my boundaries here, or would that be a little helpful...?

Edit;; I actually did do a very quick twenty minute render of my Mirror Male Brauhge with a morph design I found interesting. I only really did it on his main coloring, so if there's more to a primary I'll be able to render those later.

charcoalcornmirrormgenesm.png
What about Merle? It'd be a trichomatic + the base color; a lighter shade for the paws/face and parts of the main merle "chunking" itself, a darker color for the merle wash, and an even darker color for the dark merle "chunking." Freckles on the feetsies and face. <3 It'd be a little difficult to do on White and Black dragons because you need the gradient, but I was thinking on the primary colors that have two shades involved in them (like Spring and Black), either the lightest portions or the darkest portions can be the secondary primary shade (haha...) Here's a [i]veryvery[/i] quick sketch; y'all would do it much better justice. =) [img]http://www.frcompendium.com/images/merle.png[/img] Edit: And some really good examples of merle in doggies: [url=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ogEoC3yBMC8/TUrHBFKk0wI/AAAAAAAAADE/NGgKEMCgBVs/s1600/australian-shepherd-blue-merle-flecky.jpg]Blue Merle[/url] [url=http://www.tuckercreek.net/images/robby/robby5.jpg]Red Merle[/url] [url=http://cdn-www.dailypuppy.com/media/dogs/anonymous/2424/2008062054328_DSCN4769---resized.jpg_w450.jpg]You're welcome ;)[/url]
What about Merle?

It&#039;d be a trichomatic + the base color; a lighter shade for the paws/face and parts of the main merle "chunking" itself, a darker color for the merle wash, and an even darker color for the dark merle "chunking." Freckles on the feetsies and face. <3 It&#039;d be a little difficult to do on White and Black dragons because you need the gradient, but I was thinking on the primary colors that have two shades involved in them (like Spring and Black), either the lightest portions or the darkest portions can be the secondary primary shade (haha...)

Here&#039;s a veryvery quick sketch; y&#039;all would do it much better justice. =)

merle.png

Edit: And some really good examples of merle in doggies:
Blue Merle
Red Merle
You&#039;re welcome ;)
15evlog.jpg
cloud leopard
jaguar
sea slug (Nudibranch)
cloud leopard
jaguar
sea slug (Nudibranch)