Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 275 276
I support the mandarin, peregrine, runic, and bioluminescent tertiary genes.
I support the mandarin, peregrine, runic, and bioluminescent tertiary genes.
oh swirls would be a great idea or tribal like!!
oh swirls would be a great idea or tribal like!!
Dragonlady-Tundra1.png[img][/img]
I really like the idea of Tertiary genes that support and enhance the secondary and primaries as is mentioned on the first page, however perhaps that might be better posed as a "Complex Secondary" gene?

But what about something more texture based? Like the Indigo Scale skin?
I really like the idea of Tertiary genes that support and enhance the secondary and primaries as is mentioned on the first page, however perhaps that might be better posed as a "Complex Secondary" gene?

But what about something more texture based? Like the Indigo Scale skin?
I suggest a vein like tertiary that reminds of the veins you find in some minerals. Though perhaps a tertiary with blood veins would also be cool I think.
I suggest a vein like tertiary that reminds of the veins you find in some minerals. Though perhaps a tertiary with blood veins would also be cool I think.
~
A star/constellation like pattern? It could be tied into the lore, even.
A star/constellation like pattern? It could be tied into the lore, even.
How about something tribal-like? I've always been a huge fan and it would possibly make a really cool tertiary, too. A bit like circuit perhaps, just sort of painted onto the dragon, but not covering as much as circuit.

I might actually doodle some ideas sometime .v.
How about something tribal-like? I've always been a huge fan and it would possibly make a really cool tertiary, too. A bit like circuit perhaps, just sort of painted onto the dragon, but not covering as much as circuit.

I might actually doodle some ideas sometime .v.
I'd love to see some that only affect the primary region or only affect he secondary region of a dragon. That would allow for markings on the wings or body in colors that aren't similar to the regular color. Maybe even remakes of already-existing primary/secondary genes with the tertiary color.
I'd love to see some that only affect the primary region or only affect he secondary region of a dragon. That would allow for markings on the wings or body in colors that aren't similar to the regular color. Maybe even remakes of already-existing primary/secondary genes with the tertiary color.
I'd love to see a gene that would give a snowflake like pattern to a dragon. That or something lace like or a swirl pattern.
I'd love to see a gene that would give a snowflake like pattern to a dragon. That or something lace like or a swirl pattern.
“A writer is a writer not because she writes well and easily, because she has amazing talent, because everything she does is golden. In my view, a writer is a writer because even when there is no hope, even when nothing you do shows any sign of promise, you keep writing anyway.” –Junot Diaz
I'd like to make a suggestion in the same vein as piebald: tobiano. This gene naturally occurs in horses and is a variation of pinto that occurs on a spectrum. For example, Snappers might look fantastic with a reduced tobiano [1st image in the below chart] while Wildclaws and Faes might look nice with mainly head markings [ 2nd to last] and Guardians with classic [3rd]. [img]http://www.horsecoursesonline.com/college/color/lesson6_101112_files/image005.jpg[/img] I personally think that to make a piebald/tobiano/etc tertiary really worth it, it has to look like real piebald markings. You know - pale. So instead of the markings being the full opacity tertiary color, I propose the color to be diluted to an off-white shade. When you mask a full strength color with a layer of white at 85% or so opacity, you get a shade that is still obviously a distinct color, but also white enough to create a piebald appearance and not merely a paint-splashed effect.
I'd like to make a suggestion in the same vein as piebald: tobiano.

This gene naturally occurs in horses and is a variation of pinto that occurs on a spectrum. For example, Snappers might look fantastic with a reduced tobiano [1st image in the below chart] while Wildclaws and Faes might look nice with mainly head markings [ 2nd to last] and Guardians with classic [3rd].

image005.jpg

I personally think that to make a piebald/tobiano/etc tertiary really worth it, it has to look like real piebald markings. You know - pale.

So instead of the markings being the full opacity tertiary color, I propose the color to be diluted to an off-white shade. When you mask a full strength color with a layer of white at 85% or so opacity, you get a shade that is still obviously a distinct color, but also white enough to create a piebald appearance and not merely a paint-splashed effect.
r63jyAi.png
@NitrousTwins - I adore the look of those "eel" stripes! Delicate and yet distinctive! I may even prefer it to Peregrine, which has a similar concept but a clunkier execution.

I am also very strongly in support of Bioluminescent tertiary genes — those would look amazing with almost any color combination.

I quite like Crystalize, but I think it should serve as a replacement for Gembound, which I think most all of us can agree has not been very successful.

While I think Zebra and the other "set"-type tertiaries have gorgeous art, I'm kinda ehhhh about the idea of a tertiary being able to become a poor man's primary + secondary — a tertiary shouldn't be able replace primary and secondary genes.
@NitrousTwins - I adore the look of those "eel" stripes! Delicate and yet distinctive! I may even prefer it to Peregrine, which has a similar concept but a clunkier execution.

I am also very strongly in support of Bioluminescent tertiary genes — those would look amazing with almost any color combination.

I quite like Crystalize, but I think it should serve as a replacement for Gembound, which I think most all of us can agree has not been very successful.

While I think Zebra and the other "set"-type tertiaries have gorgeous art, I'm kinda ehhhh about the idea of a tertiary being able to become a poor man's primary + secondary — a tertiary shouldn't be able replace primary and secondary genes.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 275 276