Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 276 277
We've got gembound for crystals/stones, but I sort of wonder if ivy/vine-bound could be an interesting look as well? Something like vines growing/twining over parts of the dragon's body. Depending on the tertiary, it could look like verdant growth or a virulent infection, so there are plenty of possibilities.

I would also support any warpaint or brush-stroke-like genes, though part of me thinks they might work better as items that can be equipped rather than something genetic to pass on.
We've got gembound for crystals/stones, but I sort of wonder if ivy/vine-bound could be an interesting look as well? Something like vines growing/twining over parts of the dragon's body. Depending on the tertiary, it could look like verdant growth or a virulent infection, so there are plenty of possibilities.

I would also support any warpaint or brush-stroke-like genes, though part of me thinks they might work better as items that can be equipped rather than something genetic to pass on.
Taking Art Commissions! Check Out My Thread!
I love the idea of cheetah (or maybe snowleopard spots), Zebra, owl, siamese cat, or fire genes. Socks and mittens would be awesome too. You all have some really great idea. To add a new one of my own, markings like an appaloosa horse could look neat too. Or maybe turtle shell patterns...
I love the idea of cheetah (or maybe snowleopard spots), Zebra, owl, siamese cat, or fire genes. Socks and mittens would be awesome too. You all have some really great idea. To add a new one of my own, markings like an appaloosa horse could look neat too. Or maybe turtle shell patterns...
I would like to see something like a crackle effect.

Essentially the skin at high movement areas (elbows, knees, shoulder, wing wrist) having a cracked appearance letting the tertiary color show through.

Cracked_Earth_2_by_zotax.jpg

Like cracked clay earth.
I would like to see something like a crackle effect.

Essentially the skin at high movement areas (elbows, knees, shoulder, wing wrist) having a cracked appearance letting the tertiary color show through.

Cracked_Earth_2_by_zotax.jpg

Like cracked clay earth.
I think an ombre effect with the tertiary gene could be cool. Starting as the primary color and slowly fading into the tertiary color.
I think an ombre effect with the tertiary gene could be cool. Starting as the primary color and slowly fading into the tertiary color.
tumblr_inline_n141cnO0nV1rvrguk.png
100% sold on bioluminescence and socks.
100% sold on bioluminescence and socks.
SWIRLS
'nuff said.
SWIRLS
'nuff said.
66MHIIb.png
I'm not sure if this would be too similar to circuit, but something like "veins" would be cool! They could spread out into capillaries on the wings for a really neat effect!
I'm not sure if this would be too similar to circuit, but something like "veins" would be cool! They could spread out into capillaries on the wings for a really neat effect!
I LOVE the crackling idea @Chikapu , I've been wanting a tattoo like that for a while now irl c: Bioluminesence is amazing, and I NEED pointed! Pointed animals are my favorite things. Also, brindle as a tertiary (or primary)? Very thin not-quite-stripes. Maybe a little "cleaner" and not as heavy as it is in most animals, I'm not a fan of the speckly genes we have right now because it's a little too busy and doesn't look too natural with the art style. I think that would be the biggest issue. [img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Lilredwitch/Critters/07-13-08Bandit2.jpg[/img] [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vgDtI6yZ4VE/TvOXFvgsJBI/AAAAAAAAA04/er2CoVzM1-Y/s1600/Great_Dane_Brindle.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.greyhoundadoptiontx.org/images/hounds/lizzie2.jpg[/img] [img]http://showhorsegallery.com/images/uploads/dunbargoldmain.jpg[/img]
I LOVE the crackling idea @Chikapu , I've been wanting a tattoo like that for a while now irl c:

Bioluminesence is amazing, and I NEED pointed! Pointed animals are my favorite things.

Also, brindle as a tertiary (or primary)? Very thin not-quite-stripes. Maybe a little "cleaner" and not as heavy as it is in most animals, I'm not a fan of the speckly genes we have right now because it's a little too busy and doesn't look too natural with the art style. I think that would be the biggest issue.

07-13-08Bandit2.jpg
Great_Dane_Brindle.jpg
lizzie2.jpg
dunbargoldmain.jpg
Okay as I said my digital drawing skills suck (and my hands shake so you can tell from how blotchy this is haha) and I'm sure other artists could interpret this much better. But here's a couple examples of how [b]Pointed[/b] might work on different dragons in my head: [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Z2disoNIk84/UezMuPHMuaI/AAAAAAAAJH4/MVSGf38nSSQ/s350/fae-female-pointed-example-sm.png[/img] [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hyt8j3YwbUg/UezMuD92NWI/AAAAAAAAJH8/HrSl42bKs0Q/s350/ridgeback-male-pointed-example-sm.png[/img] Pointed markings occur wherever the animal is "cooler" of course, and since wings are membranes, the blood flowing through them would be cooled, I figure, and so the point markings would show up on them (theoretically) but since you wouldn't want it covering up secondary genes, I only put it near the edge. Of course this could be futzed with and I'd love to see other examples and interpretations as well! For example, are Ridgeback's spines/spikes fleshy or bone? If they were fleshy like iguana spines they might be affected but if they were bone they wouldn't, etc. I had them show pointed effect because I thought it looked cool. Haha.
Okay as I said my digital drawing skills suck (and my hands shake so you can tell from how blotchy this is haha) and I'm sure other artists could interpret this much better. But here's a couple examples of how Pointed might work on different dragons in my head:

fae-female-pointed-example-sm.png

ridgeback-male-pointed-example-sm.png

Pointed markings occur wherever the animal is "cooler" of course, and since wings are membranes, the blood flowing through them would be cooled, I figure, and so the point markings would show up on them (theoretically) but since you wouldn't want it covering up secondary genes, I only put it near the edge. Of course this could be futzed with and I'd love to see other examples and interpretations as well! For example, are Ridgeback's spines/spikes fleshy or bone? If they were fleshy like iguana spines they might be affected but if they were bone they wouldn't, etc. I had them show pointed effect because I thought it looked cool. Haha.
exorcism.png
Something that specifically covers the belly and inner ears.

Also eyeliner of any sort.
Something that specifically covers the belly and inner ears.

Also eyeliner of any sort.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 276 277