Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 276 277
I second the Mokume idea! Or something like Marble.

Or even better, Marbled Paper!
I second the Mokume idea! Or something like Marble.

Or even better, Marbled Paper!
e2i04jb.png
Titian with TWO 'i's! Please double check my name when pinging me! Thank you!!
Something like a body glow? You know how the Dragon Gods glow in their images - something like that. It could be called 'Blessing' or similar - as if the Dragon Gods have put favour on this dragon and allowed it to glow. Or something. I'll use a couple of my dragons for reference: [img]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7506/qlgj.png[/img] If applied to my Pearly-girl here, it would show her 'glowing' with her Teal Tert colour. My random prog here: [img]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5520/2k7g.png[/img] He would show off his Red Tert as so. Darker Terts could still work, I grabbed a random dragon with Obsidian as a Tert from the Search: [img]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7449/qw5.png[/img] It all depends on how the colours work together I guess. ^^ Obviously it would be done better than this, I'm sure a few bits look chopped off due to the glowy bits going too far to the borders of the image. ^^ It would be more like the glow of the Dragon Gods. :D Fairly simple, I think, but it demonstrates the Tert without getting in the way of other Genes and making dragons look cluttered. :D
Something like a body glow?
You know how the Dragon Gods glow in their images - something like that. It could be called 'Blessing' or similar - as if the Dragon Gods have put favour on this dragon and allowed it to glow.
Or something.
I'll use a couple of my dragons for reference:
qlgj.png
If applied to my Pearly-girl here, it would show her 'glowing' with her Teal Tert colour.
My random prog here:
2k7g.png
He would show off his Red Tert as so.

Darker Terts could still work, I grabbed a random dragon with Obsidian as a Tert from the Search:
qw5.png
It all depends on how the colours work together I guess. ^^

Obviously it would be done better than this, I'm sure a few bits look chopped off due to the glowy bits going too far to the borders of the image. ^^ It would be more like the glow of the Dragon Gods. :D Fairly simple, I think, but it demonstrates the Tert without getting in the way of other Genes and making dragons look cluttered. :D
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
@sallin That takes 2 seconds to do with a large brush, locked layer, and Gaussian Blur in GIMP. It doesn't really fit with the rest of FR.
@sallin That takes 2 seconds to do with a large brush, locked layer, and Gaussian Blur in GIMP. It doesn't really fit with the rest of FR.
jEm2t96.png
@Spelunker
Eh, just a suggestion! ^^
@Spelunker
Eh, just a suggestion! ^^
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
@Sallin - just giving my input! ^-^
@Sallin - just giving my input! ^-^
jEm2t96.png
@Tser Something like these you mean? [img]http://i.imgur.com/p9pQx0L.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/9V4GJTM.png[/img] I know they're not very good, but I tried. Edit: Wow. Good job with the broken links me.
@Tser
Something like these you mean?

p9pQx0L.png

9V4GJTM.png

I know they're not very good, but I tried.

Edit: Wow. Good job with the broken links me.
37adqBC.png
Has anyone considered Warpaint? Especially considering the constant fight for dominance and cultural differences. I think this could be done very well on any dragon.
Has anyone considered Warpaint? Especially considering the constant fight for dominance and cultural differences. I think this could be done very well on any dragon.
I'd like to suggest a Glitter gene - sort of like what you see in the sparkling blue leg bow, only it would cover a dragon's skin, perhaps concentrating a bit at joints or wingtips or somesuch. Sometimes you get a dragon who's just so Fabulous you just know he ought to sparkle like a disco ball, you know? XD

Anyway, just my thoughts. I'm no artist. There are some really wonderful ideas in this thread.
I'd like to suggest a Glitter gene - sort of like what you see in the sparkling blue leg bow, only it would cover a dragon's skin, perhaps concentrating a bit at joints or wingtips or somesuch. Sometimes you get a dragon who's just so Fabulous you just know he ought to sparkle like a disco ball, you know? XD

Anyway, just my thoughts. I'm no artist. There are some really wonderful ideas in this thread.
b9aWflB.png
I'm actually incapable of supporting the cheetah suggested by ∞ x ∞ amount.

I also think some sort of appaloosa spotty butt mark would be cute.
I'm actually incapable of supporting the cheetah suggested by ∞ x ∞ amount.

I also think some sort of appaloosa spotty butt mark would be cute.
7508242.png
I wish to suggest two things:

A forehead pearl, opalescent and naturally the color of their tertiary for dragons. Overall not really interfering with whole body design, and much dragon mythology supports forehead pearls for dragons. Might look REALLY complementary on pearlcatchers, I'll bet.

OR

Oxidation. The tertiary supplies a cracking, peeling, aging look, the tertiary peeking through the primary in irregular patches. Would look great with many combinations of current colors, though I did certainly think rust, seafoam, and jade tertiaries would look lovely with this. Like rusting metal, or oxidizing copper, hm?
I wish to suggest two things:

A forehead pearl, opalescent and naturally the color of their tertiary for dragons. Overall not really interfering with whole body design, and much dragon mythology supports forehead pearls for dragons. Might look REALLY complementary on pearlcatchers, I'll bet.

OR

Oxidation. The tertiary supplies a cracking, peeling, aging look, the tertiary peeking through the primary in irregular patches. Would look great with many combinations of current colors, though I did certainly think rust, seafoam, and jade tertiaries would look lovely with this. Like rusting metal, or oxidizing copper, hm?
HoSUf2P.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 276 277