Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 276 277
Maybe a tertiary gene with scattered glowing cracks over the dragon's body? Kind of like this, but in smaller areas. Not all cracks would be attached, so there would be free space across the body instead of it being completely covered in cracks. [center][img]https://thewayoftheriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/lava-6568271920.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.blendswap.com/files/images/2015/02/image77934/medium_b8287562d7211ea17723b66df186e433.jpg[/img][/center]
Maybe a tertiary gene with scattered glowing cracks over the dragon's body? Kind of like this, but in smaller areas. Not all cracks would be attached, so there would be free space across the body instead of it being completely covered in cracks.
lava-6568271920.jpg

medium_b8287562d7211ea17723b66df186e433.jpg
11512.png » overtherebear
» she/her

» wishlist
Mask.

Covers face(duh), tips of wings and only the foot and hands of dragons. Leaves the toes the color of the primary.

Edit: if anyone sees this and wants to add images of it , go for it. But give me credit :| )
Mask.

Covers face(duh), tips of wings and only the foot and hands of dragons. Leaves the toes the color of the primary.

Edit: if anyone sees this and wants to add images of it , go for it. But give me credit :| )
TBD
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/17502.png[/img] Highlights, like on this mith! EDIT: This guy too! [img]https://i.postimg.cc/hPJC5qMT/coli.png[/img] How neat would a simple tert like this be. Eye burning terts would be LOVED.
17502.png

Highlights, like on this mith!

EDIT:

This guy too!

coli.png

How neat would a simple tert like this be. Eye burning terts would be LOVED.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="DemonKid" date="2018-12-01 17:46:23" ] [quote name="SmUthe" date="2018-11-27 20:19:04" ] [quote name="Kairiak" date="2018-10-31 16:03:32" ] I think we need more accent-colored tertiaries, particularly with the accents of Skink/Spinn, or Poi/Tox, as well as belly genes, as most primaries don't cover that area (and the wing membrane close to the hand/joints). Probably inspired by Lionfish and Noxtide, I [s]tired[/s] drew something of an inverted Thylacine that takes its accent colors from Poison; the large stripes from the splotches, the thin ones from the upper color, and the low-opacity part from the lower color. Here are some examples~ [u]Ultramarine:[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/CJnCIaM.png[/img] [u]Black:[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/CbiomdK.png[/img] [u]Mint:[/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/5dzZNYY.png[/img] I'm not sure what it could be called, or how to improve it, but well, procrastination time is over u.u" [/quote] May I suggest bramble as a name or a theme for this one, it sort of reminds me of a thorn bush or lightning [/quote] Support, it looks like neotixide or lionfish's long lost tert! it also looks like upside down thylne! i love it and would use it. [/quote] [quote name="ShiraCheshire" date="2018-12-04 05:53:06" ] I know genes without drawings dont get any attention, but i thought id say something anyway. sorry i dont have the art skills for it. We have a lot of pri and sec genes with accent colors. g1 hatched with a clashing beige secondary? dont worry, theres almost certainly a gene somewhere that gives it a pretty accent color to bring the look together. but when it comes to terts, options become very limited. what terts add good accent colors? Opal, sometimes? Capsule very rarely? so the suggestion here is basically just terts that have an accent color. but for a more specific example: fireworks. Would be a tert that has firework-like spark trails around the eyes, on the feet, on the start of the wing (expanding to leave a firework-like burst of sparks on the wing itself), and maybe on the end of the tail. Would stay within the lines, not a tert like fireflies thats allowed to run off. The thing that would make this special is that the spark trail would start as the tert color, but fade into an accent color along the trail of sparks. think something like this [img]https://localtvwdaf.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/fireworks.png[/img] [/quote] I am here for terts that liven up the color, and more dynamic belly terts and also fireworks and fireworks related things. If that striped belly gene came out in the next two seconds I would immediately bemoan my NOTN spending spree and proceed to replan so many of my dragons around it.
DemonKid wrote on 2018-12-01 17:46:23:
SmUthe wrote on 2018-11-27 20:19:04:
Kairiak wrote on 2018-10-31 16:03:32:
I think we need more accent-colored tertiaries, particularly with the accents of Skink/Spinn, or Poi/Tox, as well as belly genes, as most primaries don't cover that area (and the wing membrane close to the hand/joints).
Probably inspired by Lionfish and Noxtide, I tired drew something of an inverted Thylacine that takes its accent colors from Poison; the large stripes from the splotches, the thin ones from the upper color, and the low-opacity part from the lower color.

Here are some examples~

Ultramarine:
CJnCIaM.png

Black:
CbiomdK.png

Mint:
5dzZNYY.png

I'm not sure what it could be called, or how to improve it, but well, procrastination time is over u.u"
May I suggest bramble as a name or a theme for this one, it sort of reminds me of a thorn bush or lightning
Support, it looks like neotixide or lionfish's long lost tert! it also looks like upside down thylne! i love it and would use it.
ShiraCheshire wrote on 2018-12-04 05:53:06:
I know genes without drawings dont get any attention, but i thought id say something anyway. sorry i dont have the art skills for it.

We have a lot of pri and sec genes with accent colors. g1 hatched with a clashing beige secondary? dont worry, theres almost certainly a gene somewhere that gives it a pretty accent color to bring the look together. but when it comes to terts, options become very limited. what terts add good accent colors? Opal, sometimes? Capsule very rarely?

so the suggestion here is basically just terts that have an accent color. but for a more specific example: fireworks.

Would be a tert that has firework-like spark trails around the eyes, on the feet, on the start of the wing (expanding to leave a firework-like burst of sparks on the wing itself), and maybe on the end of the tail. Would stay within the lines, not a tert like fireflies thats allowed to run off.

The thing that would make this special is that the spark trail would start as the tert color, but fade into an accent color along the trail of sparks.

think something like this
fireworks.png

I am here for terts that liven up the color, and more dynamic belly terts and also fireworks and fireworks related things. If that striped belly gene came out in the next two seconds I would immediately bemoan my NOTN spending spree and proceed to replan so many of my dragons around it.
fA9EDFQ.png x9ADy1B.png dnuQeRf.png
A Piebald / Paint Tertiary Gene

Slight blotchy areas throughout the body, probably focusing more along the spine, like Thylacine. I would love to make more use of these primary + secondary genes and I have a massive urge to make a Koi-like dream dragon. As nice as ringlets is, they don't seem to fit together with piebald and paint.

Slight blotchy areas throughout the body, probably focusing more along the spine, like Thylacine. I would love to make more use of these primary + secondary genes and I have a massive urge to make a Koi-like dream dragon. As nice as ringlets is, they don't seem to fit together with piebald and paint.
louca_s_signature_by_loucalou-dc3lnxb.png
[quote name="Louca" date="2019-01-08 16:10:16" ] A Piebald / Paint Tertiary Gene Slight blotchy areas throughout the body, probably focusing more along the spine, like Thylacine. I would love to make more use of these primary + secondary genes and I have a massive urge to make a Koi-like dream dragon. As nice as ringlets is, they don't seem to fit together with piebald and paint. [/quote] YES! I would love this, I always thought it would be lovely to have one. Imagine how cool it could be with Butterfly?
Louca wrote on 2019-01-08 16:10:16:

YES! I would love this, I always thought it would be lovely to have one. Imagine how cool it could be with Butterfly?
Auction_copy.jpg
not a lot of terts seem to interact with the prim/sec colors like stained or crackle do (also thylacine and smoke somewhat do this too)
how about a gene that does kinda what both of those genes do and basically results in a different look depending on the prim/sec colors but is NOT a gem gene

also a gene that is messy like crackle but also different from crackle
i like messy eyeburners
something more solid than ringlets

also some more ideas i think would work in general:

-climbing vines

-lichens

-tiny shooting stars all over the dragon, not like firefly and doesnt break the lineart
this would go with the starmap/constellation genes well
probably a gem gene

-glazed: a stronger and shinier version of stained basically
the overall appearance of the derg seems different colorwise based on where the highlights and shading are
gem gene probably
might have a kinda 3d appearance and have contrasting lights and shadows

-ok this is probably going to be a gem gene bc its really weird
maybe something that makes the dragon look kinda transparent and basically like a marble where u can see thru it and theres a pattern on the inside

so basically it would look like the tert is INSIDE the dragon when layer-wise in photoshop it would be on the top layer basically

basically in photoshop it could be like a layer of white to make it look transparent(this would be for all tert colors) but then the tert itself is directly under that layer with a different color based on the tert color

-something like a fossil type of gene maybe
could be a baldwin gene
not a lot of terts seem to interact with the prim/sec colors like stained or crackle do (also thylacine and smoke somewhat do this too)
how about a gene that does kinda what both of those genes do and basically results in a different look depending on the prim/sec colors but is NOT a gem gene

also a gene that is messy like crackle but also different from crackle
i like messy eyeburners
something more solid than ringlets

also some more ideas i think would work in general:

-climbing vines

-lichens

-tiny shooting stars all over the dragon, not like firefly and doesnt break the lineart
this would go with the starmap/constellation genes well
probably a gem gene

-glazed: a stronger and shinier version of stained basically
the overall appearance of the derg seems different colorwise based on where the highlights and shading are
gem gene probably
might have a kinda 3d appearance and have contrasting lights and shadows

-ok this is probably going to be a gem gene bc its really weird
maybe something that makes the dragon look kinda transparent and basically like a marble where u can see thru it and theres a pattern on the inside

so basically it would look like the tert is INSIDE the dragon when layer-wise in photoshop it would be on the top layer basically

basically in photoshop it could be like a layer of white to make it look transparent(this would be for all tert colors) but then the tert itself is directly under that layer with a different color based on the tert color

-something like a fossil type of gene maybe
could be a baldwin gene
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I'm not sure this is really a tertiary "suggestion" but it's an idea I was thinking about while building lore for a dragon earlier today. We have like 8 (?) Baldwin genes. At least one for each primary/secondary/and tertiary. Now we all love lore and a lot of us spend a lot of time in the coliseum. I believe we deserve a coliseum-exclusive tertiary. We already have a primary and secondary (python, morph). So I think for lore purposes, it would be cool to have a tertiary released that was coli - exclusive. Whatever it turns out to be, I think it needs to be something monstery-like. Here are the two ideas I like best for a possible coli tertiary. I do like the fins idea that has been passed through this forum but I think it's a bit to the extreme. I think maybe an arm fin, tail fin, and a cheek fin wouldn't alter the lineart so much and if could provide for a new unique tertiary gene. But I also love this idea. I think it would hit the most as a "mostery" type gene that could have been dropped by a monster. It's nature like but can work for all of the flights and with likely all of our genes. [quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date="2018-10-28 16:47:35" ] What about something like this? Moss, spots of semi translucent patches along the back and edges with flowers/spots. Based off the 2 main colors in noxtide. [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/5926/f/2018/301/8/8/emerald_by_saikiyo-dcqlo37.png[/img] Emerald [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/4ff1/f/2018/301/4/e/obsidion_by_saikiyo-dcqlo2f.png[/img] Obsidian [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/3cb0/f/2018/301/7/a/orchid_by_saikiyo-dcqlo29.png[/img] Orchid [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/94dc/f/2018/301/4/8/cerulean_by_saikiyo-dcqlo3t.png[/img] Cerulean I also did a version on Bogsneaks to show how it might vary from breed to breed [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/2b66/f/2018/301/5/5/eldritch_by_saikiyo-dcqlo3i.png[/img] Eldritch [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e51f/f/2018/301/4/d/navy_by_saikiyo-dcqlo2m.png[/img] Navy [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/8d11/f/2018/301/4/a/garnet_by_saikiyo-dcqlom0.png[/img] Garnet [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/c424/f/2018/301/8/2/antique_by_saikiyo-dcqlo40.png[/img] Antique [/quote]
I'm not sure this is really a tertiary "suggestion" but it's an idea I was thinking about while building lore for a dragon earlier today.

We have like 8 (?) Baldwin genes. At least one for each primary/secondary/and tertiary.

Now we all love lore and a lot of us spend a lot of time in the coliseum. I believe we deserve a coliseum-exclusive tertiary. We already have a primary and secondary (python, morph). So I think for lore purposes, it would be cool to have a tertiary released that was coli - exclusive.

Whatever it turns out to be, I think it needs to be something monstery-like.

Here are the two ideas I like best for a possible coli tertiary.

I do like the fins idea that has been passed through this forum but I think it's a bit to the extreme. I think maybe an arm fin, tail fin, and a cheek fin wouldn't alter the lineart so much and if could provide for a new unique tertiary gene.

But I also love this idea. I think it would hit the most as a "mostery" type gene that could have been dropped by a monster. It's nature like but can work for all of the flights and with likely all of our genes.

SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2018-10-28 16:47:35:
What about something like this? Moss, spots of semi translucent patches along the back and edges with flowers/spots. Based off the 2 main colors in noxtide.

emerald_by_saikiyo-dcqlo37.png

Emerald

obsidion_by_saikiyo-dcqlo2f.png

Obsidian

orchid_by_saikiyo-dcqlo29.png

Orchid

cerulean_by_saikiyo-dcqlo3t.png

Cerulean

I also did a version on Bogsneaks to show how it might vary from breed to breed

eldritch_by_saikiyo-dcqlo3i.png

Eldritch

navy_by_saikiyo-dcqlo2m.png

Navy

garnet_by_saikiyo-dcqlom0.png

Garnet

antique_by_saikiyo-dcqlo40.png

Antique
@Sarah745 I love your idea! Maybe call it "Daisy Chain" or something similar?
@Sarah745 I love your idea! Maybe call it "Daisy Chain" or something similar?
Mason | 20 | They/Them | FR +0

NCEjAiK.png tuDXykQ.png JxINBic.png
@Sarah745 I second that, I think that's really pretty <3
@Sarah745 I second that, I think that's really pretty <3
1 2 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 276 277