Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 275 276
[quote name="Clematis" date="2014-12-08 13:47:23" ] [quote name="Mineral" date="2014-12-04 10:13:38"][quote name="Zwynx" date="2013-07-08 04:38:29"][b]Scaleborne.[/b] The more subtle cousin to gembond. Gembond is covering up[i] too much[/i] of the dragons body in my opinion, so it's important that Scaleborne is just a stylish way to show the teriary colour, so that equipped apparel will still be a nice complement. Example; [img]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af251/YWtheLucida/Example_Scaleborne_zpsc84b5845.png[/img] in comparison to [img]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af251/YWtheLucida/Untitled-1_zps62fcd89c.png[/img] [u]EDIT:[/u] Another one. [b]Lion[/b] or alternatively [b]Phoenix[/b] Magical fire based on the tertiary and a lighter sibling colour (whichever will look best). Hopefully I don't interfere with the line-art too much here, because this one is awesome in my opinion. [img]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af251/YWtheLucida/Lion_Tertiary_zpsf7004feb.png[/img][/quote] Oh man...that fire! :O I'd like that.[/quote] Scaleborne is wonderful looking because you basically simplified the original gene, Gembond and made it more presentable. As for the firey one, please note that the flames HAVE to stay inside the lines. You have them going out of the lines on the feet and wings. A minor fix but I honestly like the idea for it. [/quote]
Clematis wrote on 2014-12-08 13:47:23:
Mineral wrote on 2014-12-04 10:13:38:
Zwynx wrote on 2013-07-08 04:38:29:
Scaleborne.
The more subtle cousin to gembond.
Gembond is covering up too much of the dragons body in my opinion, so it's important that Scaleborne is just a stylish way to show the teriary colour, so that equipped apparel will still be a nice complement.

Example;
Example_Scaleborne_zpsc84b5845.png in comparison to Untitled-1_zps62fcd89c.png

EDIT:
Another one.
Lion or alternatively Phoenix
Magical fire based on the tertiary and a lighter sibling colour (whichever will look best).
Hopefully I don't interfere with the line-art too much here, because this one is awesome in my opinion.

Lion_Tertiary_zpsf7004feb.png

Oh man...that fire! :O
I'd like that.

Scaleborne is wonderful looking because you basically simplified the original gene, Gembond and made it more presentable.

As for the firey one, please note that the flames HAVE to stay inside the lines. You have them going out of the lines on the feet and wings. A minor fix but I honestly like the idea for it.
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="Zilleniose" date="2014-12-20 12:05:01" ] [img]http://i.imgur.com/WgQ5SE7.png[/img] Sorry if this has been suggested already, there are so many pages to go through on this thread! As cliche as it might be, I love the idea of a sparkle/star/galaxy tertiary gene that overlays the whole dragon. Could also work as a primary + secondary gene set too. Pardon the sloppy preview, I have an arm injury and can't spend a whole lot of time working on a refined example. ;;; [/quote]
Zilleniose wrote on 2014-12-20 12:05:01:
WgQ5SE7.png

Sorry if this has been suggested already, there are so many pages to go through on this thread!

As cliche as it might be, I love the idea of a sparkle/star/galaxy tertiary gene that overlays the whole dragon. Could also work as a primary + secondary gene set too.

Pardon the sloppy preview, I have an arm injury and can't spend a whole lot of time working on a refined example. ;;;
4xTBSTZ.png
@/whoever said terts need to stay in the lines:

Spines goes outside the lines :3 It just needs to stay inside the box that dragons are drawn in
@/whoever said terts need to stay in the lines:

Spines goes outside the lines :3 It just needs to stay inside the box that dragons are drawn in
photofunky.gif
This probably has been suggested before, but anyway: a droplet/dew tert that adds non-uniform droplets on the dragon. Here's a mockup I made with splash, copper, radioactive, orca, obsidian, white and red on white female feas: [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/5e73/f/2018/148/0/3/fea_drop_demo_w_by_ag_cat-dccudql.png[/img] I used 5 layers for the droplet: a base color layer, a darker color layer to add some shadow and deep inside the droplet, a lighter color (or accent color, if that color has an accent like blue with copper) layer for highlight, a shine layer that's always in white, and a lineart layer. The opacity of the entire thing is slightly lowered to 80% to make the droplets looks a bit more natural. There's some quirks that need to be worked out, but the color looks mostly OK with that setup. I think this tert idea has the potential to look like many things from water to pearl to chocolate to oil to sickly swelling depends on the color. It'd work well with dragons of different aesthetics. [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/c68f/f/2018/149/1/b/fea_drop_demo_co_by_ag_cat-dccujr8.png[/img] [img]https://i1.pickpik.com/photos/567/112/837/water-drops-leaf-fresh-preview.jpg[/img]
This probably has been suggested before, but anyway: a droplet/dew tert that adds non-uniform droplets on the dragon. Here's a mockup I made with splash, copper, radioactive, orca, obsidian, white and red on white female feas:
fea_drop_demo_w_by_ag_cat-dccudql.png
I used 5 layers for the droplet: a base color layer, a darker color layer to add some shadow and deep inside the droplet, a lighter color (or accent color, if that color has an accent like blue with copper) layer for highlight, a shine layer that's always in white, and a lineart layer. The opacity of the entire thing is slightly lowered to 80% to make the droplets looks a bit more natural. There's some quirks that need to be worked out, but the color looks mostly OK with that setup.

I think this tert idea has the potential to look like many things from water to pearl to chocolate to oil to sickly swelling depends on the color. It'd work well with dragons of different aesthetics.
fea_drop_demo_co_by_ag_cat-dccujr8.png
water-drops-leaf-fresh-preview.jpg
What do Arcane dragons call magical shards? Starbucks.
Okay so this has prob been suggested but I'm really loving all the animal print genes and I was just thinking that getting a dapple tert would be super cute. They could be present on the end of the dragon and maybe around face or other areas show below. Speckle/Freckle is probably supposed encompass this gene but it definitely gives a lot more flexibly and doesn't cover the dragon [center][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE-g6mVXsAAuoH-.jpg[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/396144128573833226/451456442965295104/2Q.png[/img] [img]http://www.horsechannel.com/images/horse-news-article-images/appaloosa-coat-patterns_1000.jpg[/img] (This provides many examples of possibilities that this gene could have. The duns and leopard are excluded for this scenario however) [/center]
Okay so this has prob been suggested but I'm really loving all the animal print genes and I was just thinking that getting a dapple tert would be super cute. They could be present on the end of the dragon and maybe around face or other areas show below.

Speckle/Freckle is probably supposed encompass this gene but it definitely gives a lot more flexibly and doesn't cover the dragon

DE-g6mVXsAAuoH-.jpg
2Q.png
appaloosa-coat-patterns_1000.jpg
(This provides many examples of possibilities that this gene could have. The duns and leopard are excluded for this scenario however)
I think paw prints or little hearts would be ADORABLE!
I think paw prints or little hearts would be ADORABLE!
He/him
Gay twink uwu
Maybe a gene like smoke, but patterend after the clouds in old Japanese woodblock prints? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364159506956943361/451926241516453898/hk5f.png[/img] (I can try to draw something up when I get some free time!)
Maybe a gene like smoke, but patterend after the clouds in old Japanese woodblock prints?
hk5f.png
(I can try to draw something up when I get some free time!)
Panacea_2.gifElixer.gif
a deer tert :O
it could have like little colored legs and horns like runes does, but all way up to the shoulder, and then little scattered spots over it rump.
OMG I NEEEEEEEEDS
another idea Is a feathery stomach or chest, like little downy feathers all over :3
a deer tert :O
it could have like little colored legs and horns like runes does, but all way up to the shoulder, and then little scattered spots over it rump.
OMG I NEEEEEEEEDS
another idea Is a feathery stomach or chest, like little downy feathers all over :3
GaHno4v.png @RainyCerdae | rain brain
>> accent shop | insta
>> avatar
These are really cool!
These are really cool!
The patience in Death is embodied in its willingness to wait for us all
16443.pngcyICRgg.png16487.png5161.png16450.png
Firefly got me thinking of uses for bad tertiaries, and I had an idea that's a bit... niche. But potentially extremely useful. I was looking at all my earlier dragons with poor tertiaries that I couldn't use, and in about 80% of those cases, the dragon would have looked excellent with a tertiary color exactly opposite of what it had. And then I was thinking of how newer genes use tertiary/quarternary colors that are often unrelated to the color itself, like chocolate having aqua accents or orca having lime green.

So my idea: Negative. Puts some kind of pattern on the dragon, maybe stripes or a nice brindle on the side, or an organic-looking lattice. But the pattern isn't important. It could be anything. The point of the gene is that whatever accent appears on the dragon, it does so in the photo negative of the dragon's tertiary. So a robin tertiary would become a very dark brownish-red, abyss would become a very pale orange, and banana would become a rich purple. It takes the tertiary color and flips it in hue and brightness (but not saturation.) The only color-wheel color that would appear as-is is gray.

I'm not sure how such a gene would be accepted, though - if people would see it as 'cheating', in a sense. It would be a difficult one to use in breeding. But it would save a lot of progens and other such dragons with wildly clashing terts, and it's not like it lets you slap any tertiary color onto a dragon - just the exact opposite of what it has.
Firefly got me thinking of uses for bad tertiaries, and I had an idea that's a bit... niche. But potentially extremely useful. I was looking at all my earlier dragons with poor tertiaries that I couldn't use, and in about 80% of those cases, the dragon would have looked excellent with a tertiary color exactly opposite of what it had. And then I was thinking of how newer genes use tertiary/quarternary colors that are often unrelated to the color itself, like chocolate having aqua accents or orca having lime green.

So my idea: Negative. Puts some kind of pattern on the dragon, maybe stripes or a nice brindle on the side, or an organic-looking lattice. But the pattern isn't important. It could be anything. The point of the gene is that whatever accent appears on the dragon, it does so in the photo negative of the dragon's tertiary. So a robin tertiary would become a very dark brownish-red, abyss would become a very pale orange, and banana would become a rich purple. It takes the tertiary color and flips it in hue and brightness (but not saturation.) The only color-wheel color that would appear as-is is gray.

I'm not sure how such a gene would be accepted, though - if people would see it as 'cheating', in a sense. It would be a difficult one to use in breeding. But it would save a lot of progens and other such dragons with wildly clashing terts, and it's not like it lets you slap any tertiary color onto a dragon - just the exact opposite of what it has.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
1 2 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 275 276