Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 276 277
I want a socks gene. It'd affect the dragons limbs. Basically, half of the limbs are the tertiary color of the dragon. That'd look nice.
I want a socks gene. It'd affect the dragons limbs. Basically, half of the limbs are the tertiary color of the dragon. That'd look nice.
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifnature_0.pngnature_1.png9p.png
[quote name="Avis" date=2017-10-16 20:00:45] I see other people want a glitter tertiary too and I hope they're thinking the same kind of thing I'm thinking; I did a couple of rough mock-ups in purple. >.> <.< Unsurprisingly, it looks more glittery when on a dark dragon, but that's how glitter works in real life, let's be honest. [img]https://i.imgur.com/etA7hhV.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/SFvB1uq.png[/img] **EDIT: I put it on some other base genes [url=https://imgur.com/a/HgDjU]over here[/url] on imgur. (Don't mind the jaggy outline, I foolishly did copy/paste instead of save-as, which gave me a black bg instead of transparent...) It'd be cool, I think, if it had glittery horns too like Glimmer and Runes have. [/quote] I'd like something like this, but I wanna see spots on the belly! I have like 4-5 dragons that could use a gene like this.
Avis wrote on 2017-10-16:
I see other people want a glitter tertiary too and I hope they're thinking the same kind of thing I'm thinking; I did a couple of rough mock-ups in purple. >.> <.<

Unsurprisingly, it looks more glittery when on a dark dragon, but that's how glitter works in real life, let's be honest.

etA7hhV.png
SFvB1uq.png

**EDIT: I put it on some other base genes over here on imgur.

(Don't mind the jaggy outline, I foolishly did copy/paste instead of save-as, which gave me a black bg instead of transparent...)

It'd be cool, I think, if it had glittery horns too like Glimmer and Runes have.

I'd like something like this, but I wanna see spots on the belly! I have like 4-5 dragons that could use a gene like this.
tumblr_inline_nswmvx0twY1qiwi8o_500.giftumblr_inline_ou0gs5wQuG1t6xugg_540.png tumblr_inline_ns8ev1Q4Fx1t6xugg_540.png tumblr_inline_owkwhoE5f51u26x8a_540.pngtumblr_inline_otxcehAeKa1t6xugg_540.pngtumblr_inline_nswmvx0twY1qiwi8o_500.gif
[quote name="possumrot" date=2017-09-02 15:10:44] [quote name="Chrisondra" date=2017-07-24 15:19:31] Constellation. It could be stars and lines in the appropriate color making a constellation on the wings and main body of the dragon. Either one that follows the contours of the dragon itself or just an interesting array of stars and lines left up to interpretation. :D Thanks [/quote] i haven't seen anyone reply to this but i REALLY love this idea! the world needs more space aesthetic. [/quote] HELL YEAH! Great Support
possumrot wrote on 2017-09-02:
Chrisondra wrote on 2017-07-24:
Constellation.

It could be stars and lines in the appropriate color making a constellation on the wings and main body of the dragon. Either one that follows the contours of the dragon itself or just an interesting array of stars and lines left up to interpretation.

:D

Thanks

i haven't seen anyone reply to this but i REALLY love this idea! the world needs more space aesthetic.
HELL YEAH! Great Support
uQGht2s.png
Not a suggestion for a specific design, but more gene management, one might say. First, would you please consider releasing more belly-specific designs? I think we have Basic, Capsule, Glimmer and Underbelly, right? Lace sortakinda. It'd be nice to have some more variety to break up the blank expanse.

Which leads to Two: Would you consider making the belly only a quaternary gene? Pros are more design combinations for players and more income for the site. Cons would be any coding and/or art issues that might arise, which would remove income. (Maybe they'd balance out?) Would this overcomplicate breeding roulette?

I wouldn't be surprised if you'd already considered both concepts, but I figured I'd toss in two pence.
Not a suggestion for a specific design, but more gene management, one might say. First, would you please consider releasing more belly-specific designs? I think we have Basic, Capsule, Glimmer and Underbelly, right? Lace sortakinda. It'd be nice to have some more variety to break up the blank expanse.

Which leads to Two: Would you consider making the belly only a quaternary gene? Pros are more design combinations for players and more income for the site. Cons would be any coding and/or art issues that might arise, which would remove income. (Maybe they'd balance out?) Would this overcomplicate breeding roulette?

I wouldn't be surprised if you'd already considered both concepts, but I figured I'd toss in two pence.
I just want to say that I'm kind of disappointed with the recent gene releases. I've been thinking about possible suggestions but I'm in the middle of writing my thesis and just don't have a lot of time to spend working out prototypes. That said, We really need a tertiary gene that doesn't cover up the trailing edge of the wings. Many of the secondary genes give flare to the edging (lace, stripes, spinner, eye-spot, et ect.) It's frustrating to get a really great 1* and 2* combo, only to not have a good 3* to compliment it. They end up being belly/glimmer, spines, okapi, runes and such, and all of those cover up some of the accents of the primaries or are pretty hidden. I'm thinking the throat color on skink, petals or poison. I was thinking maybe a gene called "points". It would take after the points found on dog and cat breeds, particularly Siamese and Havanese cats. The legs from the elbow/knee down, with fading to shoulder/hip, tail fading into the body, the leading edge of the wings and the face from the muzzle to the ears/horns/crest. Here's a picture from the CFA, to give an illustration. Note how the inside of the legs maintains the primary body color. [img]http://www.cfa.org/portals/0/Images/breeds/Sia/profile1.jpg[/img] I think this would give a great opportunity for both subtle and body tertiary colors, and be sufficiently different from okapi to be appealing. This would also allow some of the primary and secondary genes to still show off their features. You would still see the body markings of Savannah for instance. Most importantly, the genes that offer complimentary color accents, skink/spinner, striation, iri/shi and the like, would still be seen.
I just want to say that I'm kind of disappointed with the recent gene releases. I've been thinking about possible suggestions but I'm in the middle of writing my thesis and just don't have a lot of time to spend working out prototypes. That said, We really need a tertiary gene that doesn't cover up the trailing edge of the wings. Many of the secondary genes give flare to the edging (lace, stripes, spinner, eye-spot, et ect.) It's frustrating to get a really great 1* and 2* combo, only to not have a good 3* to compliment it. They end up being belly/glimmer, spines, okapi, runes and such, and all of those cover up some of the accents of the primaries or are pretty hidden. I'm thinking the throat color on skink, petals or poison.

I was thinking maybe a gene called "points". It would take after the points found on dog and cat breeds, particularly Siamese and Havanese cats. The legs from the elbow/knee down, with fading to shoulder/hip, tail fading into the body, the leading edge of the wings and the face from the muzzle to the ears/horns/crest.

Here's a picture from the CFA, to give an illustration. Note how the inside of the legs maintains the primary body color.

profile1.jpg

I think this would give a great opportunity for both subtle and body tertiary colors, and be sufficiently different from okapi to be appealing. This would also allow some of the primary and secondary genes to still show off their features. You would still see the body markings of Savannah for instance. Most importantly, the genes that offer complimentary color accents, skink/spinner, striation, iri/shi and the like, would still be seen.
tDeKDnH.pngDokVw6f.png66rws2U.png
[quote name="Kaegro" date=2017-09-10 23:04:26] Speckle, Freckle - DAPPLE - a tertiary gene that applies flecks of color onto the backside of the dragon. Could apply to just the haunches, or also on the wings, near the arms. Piebald, Paint - PATCHES - applies large splotches of the tertiary color to the dragon. Just tertiaries that match with primary/secondary pairs - or tertiaries that look clean on genes other than basic/irishim/cryface/metalloy/etc. So many terts are so busy that it's nearly impossible to find a non-gem gene they don't clash with. I really like a lot of the genes, tertiary and otherwise, but I'd like to have more options that -work- together, ya know? [/quote] I was looking if someone had already made this before I even started an attempt, so seeing this kind of makes me want to start doing a mock-up ;u;
Kaegro wrote on 2017-09-10:
Speckle, Freckle - DAPPLE - a tertiary gene that applies flecks of color onto the backside of the dragon. Could apply to just the haunches, or also on the wings, near the arms.

Piebald, Paint - PATCHES - applies large splotches of the tertiary color to the dragon.

Just tertiaries that match with primary/secondary pairs - or tertiaries that look clean on genes other than basic/irishim/cryface/metalloy/etc. So many terts are so busy that it's nearly impossible to find a non-gem gene they don't clash with. I really like a lot of the genes, tertiary and otherwise, but I'd like to have more options that -work- together, ya know?

I was looking if someone had already made this before I even started an attempt, so seeing this kind of makes me want to start doing a mock-up ;u;
This occurred to me as I was looking at my new gen 1 just now. What if there was a tertiary that looked like water ripples? My original thought was make it look like the dragon is underwater (or underacid, underlava, underoil, you know), with the refractions limited to the upper areas of their body. However, there are plenty of other ways this idea could be interpreted. You know, these: [img]https://wallpaperscraft.com/image/azure_gulf_water_transparent_bottom_light_refraction_60312_1920x1200.jpg[/img]
This occurred to me as I was looking at my new gen 1 just now. What if there was a tertiary that looked like water ripples? My original thought was make it look like the dragon is underwater (or underacid, underlava, underoil, you know), with the refractions limited to the upper areas of their body. However, there are plenty of other ways this idea could be interpreted.

You know, these:

azure_gulf_water_transparent_bottom_light_refraction_60312_1920x1200.jpg
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
[quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date=2017-10-13 00:32:17] A patchwork gene that's a little like a cross between stain and opal. Fun and quickly adds interest without being overwhelming. Probably a Baldwin gene [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/f689/f/2017/286/f/f/all_2_by_saikiyo-dbqewr9.png[/img] (In order: Shadow, nightshade, honey, hickory) This seems very artificial, how would this work in lore and be inherited? Well it could work as a genetic skin condition where skin becomes thick, cracked and discolored, stitching is done to prevent infection by closing the cracks. [/quote] OMG THIS Yeah I kinda need this in my life... omg it's just sooo wonderful, I think this could be great also for the tertiary color curse to put it in those words, horrible tertiary colors might actually look okay/good with this gene
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2017-10-13:
A patchwork gene that's a little like a cross between stain and opal. Fun and quickly adds interest without being overwhelming. Probably a Baldwin gene

all_2_by_saikiyo-dbqewr9.png
(In order: Shadow, nightshade, honey, hickory)

This seems very artificial, how would this work in lore and be inherited? Well it could work as a genetic skin condition where skin becomes thick, cracked and discolored, stitching is done to prevent infection by closing the cracks.

OMG THIS
Yeah I kinda need this in my life... omg it's just sooo wonderful, I think this could be great also for the tertiary color curse to put it in those words, horrible tertiary colors might actually look okay/good with this gene
+9 FR time
@Arimwe Someone already make the paint one except they've named it 'Reverse Calico' .u. [quote name="Loom" date=2016-01-16 11:09:52] So here some images for the reversed calico :D I talked about this earlier but now images! [url=http://na-ushica.deviantart.com/art/FR-tertiary-gene-584782071?ga_submit_new=10%253A1452970993][img]http://orig02.deviantart.net/37dc/f/2016/016/0/8/fr_tertiary_gene_by_na_ushica-d9o5wqf.png[/img][/url] Here ref i posted [img]http://www.renders-graphiques.fr/image/upload/normal/chat_assis.png[/img] [img]http://www.chat-mignon.com/photos/petit-chaton-tigre.jpg[/img] It's not perfect but we get the idea. It's a bit invasive an i tried to cover most of the underbelly. [/quote]
@Arimwe

Someone already make the paint one except they've named it 'Reverse Calico' .u.
Loom wrote on 2016-01-16:
So here some images for the reversed calico :D
I talked about this earlier but now images!

fr_tertiary_gene_by_na_ushica-d9o5wqf.png

Here ref i posted

chat_assis.png

petit-chaton-tigre.jpg

It's not perfect but we get the idea. It's a bit invasive an i tried to cover most of the underbelly.
Tn4aWhc.png
@IrritatorRaji

Oh wow, I actually need that, badly
@IrritatorRaji

Oh wow, I actually need that, badly
1 2 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 276 277