Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Hope and Boston
1 2
Maybe you guys could put them(Boston and Hope) in the same lair again for a minute so they could have some kiddies? I imagine a lot of people would want a dragon related to them, similar to Naomi. I know I would want a derg related to the dragons in the Lightweaver and Shadowbinder's lairs but maybe that's just me.

What does everyone else think? Is it messing with sight lore to much? Is it better to keep them unbred? Is it disrespectful(since I think Boston was hatched after the boston bombing)?Would you want a boston hope descendant? Does this still belong in the suggestions tab?
Maybe you guys could put them(Boston and Hope) in the same lair again for a minute so they could have some kiddies? I imagine a lot of people would want a dragon related to them, similar to Naomi. I know I would want a derg related to the dragons in the Lightweaver and Shadowbinder's lairs but maybe that's just me.

What does everyone else think? Is it messing with sight lore to much? Is it better to keep them unbred? Is it disrespectful(since I think Boston was hatched after the boston bombing)?Would you want a boston hope descendant? Does this still belong in the suggestions tab?
tC7jp2W.png
I think anything involving dragons that belong to 'site' rather personal accounts is a no-go. There's no lore to mess with, but the drama this would probably cause...

How would they even sell them? Flat sale, at what price? First come first served? All the staff to run an auction and raffle all the time to manage that?

I understand the appeal of the concept, but imo the execution could only be a giant mess.
I think anything involving dragons that belong to 'site' rather personal accounts is a no-go. There's no lore to mess with, but the drama this would probably cause...

How would they even sell them? Flat sale, at what price? First come first served? All the staff to run an auction and raffle all the time to manage that?

I understand the appeal of the concept, but imo the execution could only be a giant mess.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Personally, I don't want the site to start making 'special' dragons to sell or breed.

Boston and Hope are special dragons made for a special event, and to me, that is more than enough, they don't need to be bred, and while I can understand that people want 'special' dragons, there really is no need for the site to get involved in the dragon market.

Not to mention, as Vendrus said, how would this even work. Would this be a constant thing, or bred once and whoever gets lucky gets the offspring? How would it be sold, or would the offspring be raffled off through roundsey?
Personally, I don't want the site to start making 'special' dragons to sell or breed.

Boston and Hope are special dragons made for a special event, and to me, that is more than enough, they don't need to be bred, and while I can understand that people want 'special' dragons, there really is no need for the site to get involved in the dragon market.

Not to mention, as Vendrus said, how would this even work. Would this be a constant thing, or bred once and whoever gets lucky gets the offspring? How would it be sold, or would the offspring be raffled off through roundsey?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
All I see coming from this is bad juju honestly...
All I see coming from this is bad juju honestly...
sYJ7QdI.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-10-14 06:30:42" ] How would it be sold, or would the offspring be raffled off through roundsey? [/quote] That's the only way I can think it'd work. Breed them, wave a wand on the backend so there's either 1 or 4 eggs, hatch, then the next week the hatchling or hatchlings are the Roundsey prizes. Definitely seems like a can of worms, though, starting with how the name(s) chosen by the winner(s) would show up on the offspring list of site-owned dragons.
Jemadar wrote on 2019-10-14 06:30:42:
How would it be sold, or would the offspring be raffled off through roundsey?

That's the only way I can think it'd work. Breed them, wave a wand on the backend so there's either 1 or 4 eggs, hatch, then the next week the hatchling or hatchlings are the Roundsey prizes.

Definitely seems like a can of worms, though, starting with how the name(s) chosen by the winner(s) would show up on the offspring list of site-owned dragons.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I don’t think it’s a good idea. The market for selling them would be pretty bad. It could be cute if they bred them for like one egg and kept the child with one of the deities as a just something fun to do but I really wouldn’t want to see the market for those dragons.
I don’t think it’s a good idea. The market for selling them would be pretty bad. It could be cute if they bred them for like one egg and kept the child with one of the deities as a just something fun to do but I really wouldn’t want to see the market for those dragons.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
I agree that if they bred them at all, any hatchlings shouldn't be leaving the Site Accounts as that would get messy FAST.
I agree that if they bred them at all, any hatchlings shouldn't be leaving the Site Accounts as that would get messy FAST.
3GUlHXT.png he/him ep2efT3.png
I'm pretty sure naming dragons in relation to the Boston Bombing wouldn't be allowed under the current rules, so setting up for lots of sales threads and everything else about those dragons seems like a bad idea. That would be the staff basically handing people rule-breaking dragons, and then hoping for no drama explosions. Something would blow up eventually.

Edit: Also, yes it seems a bit crass to capitalize on what is essentially a memorial
I'm pretty sure naming dragons in relation to the Boston Bombing wouldn't be allowed under the current rules, so setting up for lots of sales threads and everything else about those dragons seems like a bad idea. That would be the staff basically handing people rule-breaking dragons, and then hoping for no drama explosions. Something would blow up eventually.

Edit: Also, yes it seems a bit crass to capitalize on what is essentially a memorial
[quote name="Dagomor" date="2019-10-14 09:09:11" ] Also, yes it seems a bit crass to capitalize on what is essentially a memorial [/quote] Along with everything else, this is what I was thinking. No support.
Dagomor wrote on 2019-10-14 09:09:11:
Also, yes it seems a bit crass to capitalize on what is essentially a memorial
Along with everything else, this is what I was thinking. No support.
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
er, no. Boston and Hope are memorial dragons and shouldn't become some comic run-of-the-mill 'if you own a BostonxHope dragon you're incredibly wealthy and rich'. Not to mention they're already breaking the rules of not naming dragons after real-life incidents.
er, no. Boston and Hope are memorial dragons and shouldn't become some comic run-of-the-mill 'if you own a BostonxHope dragon you're incredibly wealthy and rich'. Not to mention they're already breaking the rules of not naming dragons after real-life incidents.
1 2