Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Bounty Board
1 2
[quote name="Almedha" date="2019-10-14 12:07:45" ] [quote]Buyers and sellers already have fairly powerful tools in order to find people who want their specific dragons, and this would be bascially a duplicate mechanic.[/quote] If duplication is a problem, I propose removing the dragons wanted forum. Simply, using the AH would be useful to more people. The numbers of users of flight riding are hardly represented of the forums. Virtually everyone uses the AH. Also, I'm imagining it functioning like a two-way crossroads, so your first two points make no sense. [/quote] This. I agree that this suggestion wouldn't be an automatic trade, but should act more like a 2-way crossroad, where the buyer list their bounty, and multiple people offer, and after a few days the buyer pick one from the offers. This solves a lot of the *problems* raised above, like fund, lair space, first come first serve stuff. It's generally a feature that mirrors the "Find A Dragon" forum, yes, but without using the forum. It can also minimize players receiving PM asking if they're willing to sell their permas because it's something the buyer's looking for. Of course it's not going to eliminate these PMs, but it'll at least help a lot of players who are trying to find specific dragons but don't feel comfortable contacting other players directly. Also I find it so hard to use Find A Dragon forum when half of the offers are not what I specify, and the other half just don't catch my eyes, and I have to come up with some form of 'no thank you' that's polite and gives a reason why I don't want what they offer each time. (I probably don't need to offer a reason, but sometimes people do ask why an offer is turned down since it fits all my specifications... I... just don't like the dragon you're offering? But saying that directly and openly on forum needs courage.) edit: I got another idea. How about the buyer can list the specifics they are searching, and a maximum price they can offer, THEN, the sellers can respond to this bounty by offering their dragon(s) that fit the specifics with a price tag that's within the buyers budget? They the buyer can go through all the offers and pick one that they like?
Almedha wrote on 2019-10-14 12:07:45:
Quote:
Buyers and sellers already have fairly powerful tools in order to find people who want their specific dragons, and this would be bascially a duplicate mechanic.
If duplication is a problem, I propose removing the dragons wanted forum. Simply, using the AH would be useful to more people. The numbers of users of flight riding are hardly represented of the forums. Virtually everyone uses the AH.

Also, I'm imagining it functioning like a two-way crossroads, so your first two points make no sense.

This.

I agree that this suggestion wouldn't be an automatic trade, but should act more like a 2-way crossroad, where the buyer list their bounty, and multiple people offer, and after a few days the buyer pick one from the offers. This solves a lot of the *problems* raised above, like fund, lair space, first come first serve stuff. It's generally a feature that mirrors the "Find A Dragon" forum, yes, but without using the forum. It can also minimize players receiving PM asking if they're willing to sell their permas because it's something the buyer's looking for. Of course it's not going to eliminate these PMs, but it'll at least help a lot of players who are trying to find specific dragons but don't feel comfortable contacting other players directly. Also I find it so hard to use Find A Dragon forum when half of the offers are not what I specify, and the other half just don't catch my eyes, and I have to come up with some form of 'no thank you' that's polite and gives a reason why I don't want what they offer each time.
(I probably don't need to offer a reason, but sometimes people do ask why an offer is turned down since it fits all my specifications... I... just don't like the dragon you're offering? But saying that directly and openly on forum needs courage.)

edit:
I got another idea. How about the buyer can list the specifics they are searching, and a maximum price they can offer, THEN, the sellers can respond to this bounty by offering their dragon(s) that fit the specifics with a price tag that's within the buyers budget? They the buyer can go through all the offers and pick one that they like?
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
I'd love something like this, there's plenty of odd color combos I'd happily pick up (and pay a higher than fodder price for) if they happened to show up on the AH but even running saved searches sometimes multiple times a day I STILL miss things on the rare occasion one comes up because if something is listed for fodder it's likely gone by the time I'm back to look again.

If a person listing a chartreuse/vermillion/leaf coatl -with any genes because I don't care about that- got a little optional popup when they made the auction (you have a possible bounty would you like to see it? y/n) and could choose to take 25kt instead of the fodder price, we'd both benefit.

And I HATE using the dragon sales forums, finding anything specific is a massive pain and takes wading through mountains of junk because a forum search ISN'T adequate compared to the AH search. An Auction House based alternative to that would be spectacular.
I'd love something like this, there's plenty of odd color combos I'd happily pick up (and pay a higher than fodder price for) if they happened to show up on the AH but even running saved searches sometimes multiple times a day I STILL miss things on the rare occasion one comes up because if something is listed for fodder it's likely gone by the time I'm back to look again.

If a person listing a chartreuse/vermillion/leaf coatl -with any genes because I don't care about that- got a little optional popup when they made the auction (you have a possible bounty would you like to see it? y/n) and could choose to take 25kt instead of the fodder price, we'd both benefit.

And I HATE using the dragon sales forums, finding anything specific is a massive pain and takes wading through mountains of junk because a forum search ISN'T adequate compared to the AH search. An Auction House based alternative to that would be spectacular.
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-10-14 10:53:08" ] Here's a problem with this idea: it absolutely mirrors either Dragon Search or Dragons Wanted forum. - whoever has that dragon will be interested in browsing/searching through thousands of listings for each of the dozens of dragons they might own. [/quote] I mean. Your own argument against this also applies to the existing Dragon Search and Dragons Wanted Forum. This is exactly why i am suggesting what I am suggesting. What i am suggesting is a quick scripted way to automatically scan a bounty database and compare your current dragons against ones in the database to return a list of things you DO have. [quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-10-14 10:53:08" ] - the searchers parameters are broad - the searcher doesn't know what they want [/quote] This doesn't apply at all to what i am suggesting. If a user fills out the exact criteria they want then there is no way this would ever happen. -------------- [quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-10-14 11:20:54" ] This is pretty much why I don't support something like this. [/quote] I updated the OP with clearer information regarding how I envision this feature working. Sorry for not being super clear with the initial post. ------ [quote name="hat17" date="2019-10-14 12:29:36" ] I agree that this suggestion wouldn't be an automatic trade [/quote] I actually am proposing it as an automatic thing and the reasoning for that is because whoever posts the bounty has the power to be as detailed as they want. Imagine the Bounty Form is exactly like the AH Dragon search. You, as the person posting the bounty can be as strict as you want with the search form. This is how i imagine the Bounty Submission Form would work. You have all the same options as AH Dragon Search and you input the price you're willing to pay in gems/treasure and submit it. It then is in the Bounty Database and other users can go to a specific Bounty Board Page and click to browse all active bounties, search active bounties OR they can click a "Scan for Valid Bounties" which will scan their own lair and compare the dragons within their own lair to the Bounty Database. It then returns valid bounties and you can quickly and easily submit the dragons that meet the bounties criteria in exchange for the asking price automatically. There is no need for a review process - it is meant to be fast and efficient.
RedWillia wrote on 2019-10-14 10:53:08:
Here's a problem with this idea: it absolutely mirrors either Dragon Search or Dragons Wanted forum.

- whoever has that dragon will be interested in browsing/searching through thousands of listings for each of the dozens of dragons they might own.

I mean. Your own argument against this also applies to the existing Dragon Search and Dragons Wanted Forum.

This is exactly why i am suggesting what I am suggesting. What i am suggesting is a quick scripted way to automatically scan a bounty database and compare your current dragons against ones in the database to return a list of things you DO have.
RedWillia wrote on 2019-10-14 10:53:08:
- the searchers parameters are broad
- the searcher doesn't know what they want

This doesn't apply at all to what i am suggesting. If a user fills out the exact criteria they want then there is no way this would ever happen.

Jemadar wrote on 2019-10-14 11:20:54:
This is pretty much why I don't support something like this.

I updated the OP with clearer information regarding how I envision this feature working. Sorry for not being super clear with the initial post.

hat17 wrote on 2019-10-14 12:29:36:

I agree that this suggestion wouldn't be an automatic trade

I actually am proposing it as an automatic thing and the reasoning for that is because whoever posts the bounty has the power to be as detailed as they want. Imagine the Bounty Form is exactly like the AH Dragon search. You, as the person posting the bounty can be as strict as you want with the search form. This is how i imagine the Bounty Submission Form would work. You have all the same options as AH Dragon Search and you input the price you're willing to pay in gems/treasure and submit it. It then is in the Bounty Database and other users can go to a specific Bounty Board Page and click to browse all active bounties, search active bounties OR they can click a "Scan for Valid Bounties" which will scan their own lair and compare the dragons within their own lair to the Bounty Database. It then returns valid bounties and you can quickly and easily submit the dragons that meet the bounties criteria in exchange for the asking price automatically. There is no need for a review process - it is meant to be fast and efficient.
The only way this would be workable as an automatic purchase (and personally I wouldn't want that) is if you can also enter ID#s of other dragons in your requirements to prevent being autosold a relative of a dragon you want them to breed with.

Because saying "I want a Spring/Cyan/Blush, Pearlcatcher male, with Wasp/Noxtide/Ghost and I'll pay 400g" and getting sold the brother (or other close relative) of the dragon you're trying to pair up would be incredibly frustrating, to say the least.

You'd also need to be able to specify bred or not and probably some other factors I haven't thought of.
The only way this would be workable as an automatic purchase (and personally I wouldn't want that) is if you can also enter ID#s of other dragons in your requirements to prevent being autosold a relative of a dragon you want them to breed with.

Because saying "I want a Spring/Cyan/Blush, Pearlcatcher male, with Wasp/Noxtide/Ghost and I'll pay 400g" and getting sold the brother (or other close relative) of the dragon you're trying to pair up would be incredibly frustrating, to say the least.

You'd also need to be able to specify bred or not and probably some other factors I haven't thought of.
[quote name="Star" date="2019-10-14 14:00:29" ] [quote name="hat17" date="2019-10-14 12:29:36" ] I agree that this suggestion wouldn't be an automatic trade [/quote] I actually am proposing it as an automatic thing and the reasoning for that is because whoever posts the bounty has the power to be as detailed as they want. Imagine the Bounty Form is exactly like the AH Dragon search. You, as the person posting the bounty can be as strict as you want with the search form. This is how i imagine the Bounty Submission Form would work. You have all the same options as AH Dragon Search and you input the price you're willing to pay in gems/treasure and submit it. It then is in the Bounty Database and other users can go to a specific Bounty Board Page and click to browse all active bounties, search active bounties OR they can click a "Scan for Valid Bounties" which will scan their own lair and compare the dragons within their own lair to the Bounty Database. It then returns valid bounties and you can quickly and easily submit the dragons that meet the bounties criteria in exchange for the asking price automatically. There is no need for a review process - it is meant to be fast and efficient. [/quote] While I understand your propose better now, I feel making it automatic drastically restricted the usefulness of this feature. Imagine if you're looking for a tight range combo that has no listing on AH, but it still contains a range (for example, blush-pink prim, stone/beige sec and say, black/midnight tert). The first person took the bounty and sold me a fushia/beige/black, which is great, but was actually a second person with blush/stone/black looking for buyer sometime later which I'd like better than the first one. While both fits my specifications, if I've been given a choice, I'd rather take the second one instead. But with an automatic system it means I'm now forced to settle with the less-ideal one. And because the second person when they search through the bounty board mine was already taken, they'd have no way of knowing someone was looking for that and exalt it instead. That would be such a shame for all (except the first seller I guess). In this case, I'd rather use the already-existed search function and bombarded players with 'would you sell?' messages instead... ><
Star wrote on 2019-10-14 14:00:29:

I actually am proposing it as an automatic thing and the reasoning for that is because whoever posts the bounty has the power to be as detailed as they want. Imagine the Bounty Form is exactly like the AH Dragon search. You, as the person posting the bounty can be as strict as you want with the search form. This is how i imagine the Bounty Submission Form would work. You have all the same options as AH Dragon Search and you input the price you're willing to pay in gems/treasure and submit it. It then is in the Bounty Database and other users can go to a specific Bounty Board Page and click to browse all active bounties, search active bounties OR they can click a "Scan for Valid Bounties" which will scan their own lair and compare the dragons within their own lair to the Bounty Database. It then returns valid bounties and you can quickly and easily submit the dragons that meet the bounties criteria in exchange for the asking price automatically. There is no need for a review process - it is meant to be fast and efficient.

While I understand your propose better now, I feel making it automatic drastically restricted the usefulness of this feature. Imagine if you're looking for a tight range combo that has no listing on AH, but it still contains a range (for example, blush-pink prim, stone/beige sec and say, black/midnight tert). The first person took the bounty and sold me a fushia/beige/black, which is great, but was actually a second person with blush/stone/black looking for buyer sometime later which I'd like better than the first one. While both fits my specifications, if I've been given a choice, I'd rather take the second one instead. But with an automatic system it means I'm now forced to settle with the less-ideal one. And because the second person when they search through the bounty board mine was already taken, they'd have no way of knowing someone was looking for that and exalt it instead. That would be such a shame for all (except the first seller I guess). In this case, I'd rather use the already-existed search function and bombarded players with 'would you sell?' messages instead... ><
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="hat17" date="2019-10-14 15:06:55" ] [quote name="Star" date="2019-10-14 14:00:29" ] [quote name="hat17" date="2019-10-14 12:29:36" ] I agree that this suggestion wouldn't be an automatic trade [/quote] I actually am proposing it as an automatic thing and the reasoning for that is because whoever posts the bounty has the power to be as detailed as they want. Imagine the Bounty Form is exactly like the AH Dragon search. You, as the person posting the bounty can be as strict as you want with the search form. This is how i imagine the Bounty Submission Form would work. You have all the same options as AH Dragon Search and you input the price you're willing to pay in gems/treasure and submit it. It then is in the Bounty Database and other users can go to a specific Bounty Board Page and click to browse all active bounties, search active bounties OR they can click a "Scan for Valid Bounties" which will scan their own lair and compare the dragons within their own lair to the Bounty Database. It then returns valid bounties and you can quickly and easily submit the dragons that meet the bounties criteria in exchange for the asking price automatically. There is no need for a review process - it is meant to be fast and efficient. [/quote] While I understand your propose better now, I feel making it automatic drastically restricted the usefulness of this feature. Imagine if you're looking for a tight range combo that has no listing on AH, but it still contains a range (for example, blush-pink prim, stone/beige sec and say, black/midnight tert). The first person took the bounty and sold me a fushia/beige/black, which is great, but was actually a second person with blush/stone/black looking for buyer sometime later which I'd like better than the first one. While both fits my specifications, if I've been given a choice, I'd rather take the second one instead. But with an automatic system it means I'm now forced to settle with the less-ideal one. And because the second person when they search through the bounty board mine was already taken, they'd have no way of knowing someone was looking for that and exalt it instead. That would be such a shame for all (except the first seller I guess). In this case, I'd rather use the already-existed search function and bombarded players with 'would you sell?' messages instead... >< [/quote] I suppose thats true if you want a range! Maybe having there be an option when creating a bounty to have it either be automatic or review. With the 'review' option allowing the bounty poster to view any submitted dragons and then select whatever one they want up to four days after the bounty has expired? Best of both worlds then. [quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2019-10-14 14:11:47" ] The only way this would be workable as an automatic purchase (and personally I wouldn't want that) is if you can also enter ID#s of other dragons in your requirements to prevent being autosold a relative of a dragon you want them to breed with. Because saying "I want a Spring/Cyan/Blush, Pearlcatcher male, with Wasp/Noxtide/Ghost and I'll pay 400g" and getting sold the brother (or other close relative) of the dragon you're trying to pair up would be incredibly frustrating, to say the least. You'd also need to be able to specify bred or not and probably some other factors I haven't thought of. [/quote] Thats a good point and would be a nice addition to the bounty. The ability to specify a dragon it needs to be able to be bred to.
hat17 wrote on 2019-10-14 15:06:55:
Star wrote on 2019-10-14 14:00:29:

While I understand your propose better now, I feel making it automatic drastically restricted the usefulness of this feature. Imagine if you're looking for a tight range combo that has no listing on AH, but it still contains a range (for example, blush-pink prim, stone/beige sec and say, black/midnight tert). The first person took the bounty and sold me a fushia/beige/black, which is great, but was actually a second person with blush/stone/black looking for buyer sometime later which I'd like better than the first one. While both fits my specifications, if I've been given a choice, I'd rather take the second one instead. But with an automatic system it means I'm now forced to settle with the less-ideal one. And because the second person when they search through the bounty board mine was already taken, they'd have no way of knowing someone was looking for that and exalt it instead. That would be such a shame for all (except the first seller I guess). In this case, I'd rather use the already-existed search function and bombarded players with 'would you sell?' messages instead... ><

I suppose thats true if you want a range! Maybe having there be an option when creating a bounty to have it either be automatic or review. With the 'review' option allowing the bounty poster to view any submitted dragons and then select whatever one they want up to four days after the bounty has expired? Best of both worlds then.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2019-10-14 14:11:47:

Thats a good point and would be a nice addition to the bounty. The ability to specify a dragon it needs to be able to be bred to.
1 2