Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli or AH - View Battle Stones
When trying to purchase a new battle dragon, unless there is an image of that dragons stones in the bio, I have to message every seller to ask about the stones a dragon might have. We can see the stats, but not the stones.

I've been trying to think of a way to look at them through the AH, but that doesn't seem practical, but perhaps this would work.

Allow a way to view the stats page of any dragon from within the coliseum, sort of like a "dressing room" feature, but for Battle Stones.

To avoid looking in on ALL dragons (considering the eventual PvP option), this ability to look at another's dragon's stones could be made possible only for dragons in the AH. This should be possible since being in the AH is often used to exclude dragons from other things already, so setting it as a perimeter for INCLUSION should also be possible.

I hope others who read this might have other suggestions for as to how to make this work and will post them here.
When trying to purchase a new battle dragon, unless there is an image of that dragons stones in the bio, I have to message every seller to ask about the stones a dragon might have. We can see the stats, but not the stones.

I've been trying to think of a way to look at them through the AH, but that doesn't seem practical, but perhaps this would work.

Allow a way to view the stats page of any dragon from within the coliseum, sort of like a "dressing room" feature, but for Battle Stones.

To avoid looking in on ALL dragons (considering the eventual PvP option), this ability to look at another's dragon's stones could be made possible only for dragons in the AH. This should be possible since being in the AH is often used to exclude dragons from other things already, so setting it as a perimeter for INCLUSION should also be possible.

I hope others who read this might have other suggestions for as to how to make this work and will post them here.
Kleos
The pursuit and celebration of glorious action. Those who pursue Kleos must be willing to leave everything behind, seeking glory above all else. Those who achieve Kleos are heroes. They have become immortal through their actions and achieve the immortal honor of serving the glory of Glittermom, the Light Weaver.
Eternal renown, immortal fame - - Kleos is imperishable
Yeah! It'd be great to have that. Maybe have it as a pop up, just like the dragon preview image? There's already the coliseum battle stone window, so they could reuse that
Yeah! It'd be great to have that. Maybe have it as a pop up, just like the dragon preview image? There's already the coliseum battle stone window, so they could reuse that
Always support. I would prefer to see this on a dragon's page, maybe you could toggle to it from one of the existing infoboxes - users could have the option to hide their dragons' stones for purposes such as PVP, but dragons listed on the AH would always be viewable.

(And honestly, I think even if we couldn't hide any of them, it wouldn't be such a big deal. Stats are already viewable, so it's obvious from them whether a dragon is a mage or fighter, and stones are limited enough that there's only so much element of surprise you can have anyway.)
Always support. I would prefer to see this on a dragon's page, maybe you could toggle to it from one of the existing infoboxes - users could have the option to hide their dragons' stones for purposes such as PVP, but dragons listed on the AH would always be viewable.

(And honestly, I think even if we couldn't hide any of them, it wouldn't be such a big deal. Stats are already viewable, so it's obvious from them whether a dragon is a mage or fighter, and stones are limited enough that there's only so much element of surprise you can have anyway.)
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Ayyy this would be a great idea actually.
Ayyy this would be a great idea actually.
sYJ7QdI.png
Always support - I have a friend who bought a level 25 that was supposedly "fully stoned with Eliminate" and there was a screenshot in the bio of the stones and the screenshot was doctored, there was no Elim on that dragon. Yes people can be reported for screwing other players over but it would be so much easier to just be able to see what stones a dragon has to begin with.
Always support - I have a friend who bought a level 25 that was supposedly "fully stoned with Eliminate" and there was a screenshot in the bio of the stones and the screenshot was doctored, there was no Elim on that dragon. Yes people can be reported for screwing other players over but it would be so much easier to just be able to see what stones a dragon has to begin with.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
^

Yeah, scams like that are rare, but they do happen, and even the possibility of it happening is likely to put some off buying pre-stoned dragons at all.

Which is a shame, because that's a beautiful way to deal with Eliminate-scarcity problems.

It's not as much of an issue now in the post-Galore market, but the supply could always get low enough again that it would be much cheaper and more efficient for a newbie to buy somebody's old unwanted Flyer than to train and stone a dragon of their own.

(The argument to that is generally 'But I'd rather my trainer be a dragon I picked out myself', but the beauty of it is you can use the pre-stoned dragon for a while to earn the currency to buy an Elim, fix up your own dragon, then just sell the pre-stoned dragon back on the AH to another player looking to get into the coli.

And visible stones would add enough value to these dragons that you could probably even get your initial investment back that way.)
^

Yeah, scams like that are rare, but they do happen, and even the possibility of it happening is likely to put some off buying pre-stoned dragons at all.

Which is a shame, because that's a beautiful way to deal with Eliminate-scarcity problems.

It's not as much of an issue now in the post-Galore market, but the supply could always get low enough again that it would be much cheaper and more efficient for a newbie to buy somebody's old unwanted Flyer than to train and stone a dragon of their own.

(The argument to that is generally 'But I'd rather my trainer be a dragon I picked out myself', but the beauty of it is you can use the pre-stoned dragon for a while to earn the currency to buy an Elim, fix up your own dragon, then just sell the pre-stoned dragon back on the AH to another player looking to get into the coli.

And visible stones would add enough value to these dragons that you could probably even get your initial investment back that way.)
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Support, for all the reasons already stated.
I'd be fine with them always being visible, or if it's enough of an issue with PvP perhaps it's only hidden on the particular dragons that are currently equipped to fight in the coli. Since we see that little shield icon on their lair cards for the current coli team tying it to that could make sense. Though honestly I'm not sure if matters and it would mean regular coli dragons were hidden as well.

But AH sales absolutely should show stones. It's not just buyers who benefit, it reduces risk which is good for sellers as well.

Support, for all the reasons already stated.
I'd be fine with them always being visible, or if it's enough of an issue with PvP perhaps it's only hidden on the particular dragons that are currently equipped to fight in the coli. Since we see that little shield icon on their lair cards for the current coli team tying it to that could make sense. Though honestly I'm not sure if matters and it would mean regular coli dragons were hidden as well.

But AH sales absolutely should show stones. It's not just buyers who benefit, it reduces risk which is good for sellers as well.

Support.

Battles stones are just as important as genes, breed, eye type, and everything else in terms of determining the value of a dragon.
Support.

Battles stones are just as important as genes, breed, eye type, and everything else in terms of determining the value of a dragon.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.