Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No Clanbound Apparel
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[quote name="@Ridara" date="2019-08-28 05:22:51" ] I realize I came off as rather aggressive in my previous post, and I'd like to apologize. I'm not annoyed at any individual user who would do this, and I'm obviously not annoyed at Greyvenn who I was replying to. If the only way to get apparel was to break the system, you know I'd still find some stupid way to make a profit. I'd just really rather get my profit legitimately, by playing a fair match and selling my winnings on the AH [/quote] That brings up another point - while you might not take out your frustrations on deliberately-losing players, and indeed most of us wouldn't...there are some out there who would. And even if PVP battles don't reveal your opponent's username, you'll most likely be able to look them up via their dragons. This could lead to harassment at worst and blocking at best. And another issue...blocking. I'm assuming if one player has another blocked, they won't/can't be matched. So blocking someone whose PVP style irritates you might make sense...but then that locks those players out of interacting on other areas of the site where they might get along fine.
@Ridara wrote on 2019-08-28 05:22:51:
I realize I came off as rather aggressive in my previous post, and I'd like to apologize. I'm not annoyed at any individual user who would do this, and I'm obviously not annoyed at Greyvenn who I was replying to. If the only way to get apparel was to break the system, you know I'd still find some stupid way to make a profit. I'd just really rather get my profit legitimately, by playing a fair match and selling my winnings on the AH

That brings up another point - while you might not take out your frustrations on deliberately-losing players, and indeed most of us wouldn't...there are some out there who would. And even if PVP battles don't reveal your opponent's username, you'll most likely be able to look them up via their dragons. This could lead to harassment at worst and blocking at best.

And another issue...blocking. I'm assuming if one player has another blocked, they won't/can't be matched. So blocking someone whose PVP style irritates you might make sense...but then that locks those players out of interacting on other areas of the site where they might get along fine.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
If PVP isn't supposed to affect the economy/rest of the site, don't add prizes period. People who are interested in the feature will use it because they want to. They always have.

I really don't like this new direction of limiting access to customization options in general.
If PVP isn't supposed to affect the economy/rest of the site, don't add prizes period. People who are interested in the feature will use it because they want to. They always have.

I really don't like this new direction of limiting access to customization options in general.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
YESSS!!! I SUPPORT THIS!
YESSS!!! I SUPPORT THIS!
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_2d91onpvo3r404ksos4wowscg_640.png
Clanbound items: they only work if you can /technically/ give them to another.

Someone sends you their derg, slap on a clanbound gene/eye/scatter, and send back. Boom-there they ‘have’ it. Clanbound dragons (aka “progenitors”) I get the /idea/, but I don’t support this primal feature of the game. God, god, GOD. Clanbound apparel? How about clanbound freinds-Only, clanbound social skills (lol that actually sounds like something I want) I don’t support this feature. As for exclusive items for pvp players getting, it’s like gathering, Coli, or anything else. Put the work into it-don’t matter if their expecting for everyone to play it, if it’s NOT clanbound. As long as it isn’t, it’s technicslly avaible to everyone. Like Kickstarter items—do something special, and you get it. (With the exception of it not getting taken away LIKELY)
Clanbound items: they only work if you can /technically/ give them to another.

Someone sends you their derg, slap on a clanbound gene/eye/scatter, and send back. Boom-there they ‘have’ it. Clanbound dragons (aka “progenitors”) I get the /idea/, but I don’t support this primal feature of the game. God, god, GOD. Clanbound apparel? How about clanbound freinds-Only, clanbound social skills (lol that actually sounds like something I want) I don’t support this feature. As for exclusive items for pvp players getting, it’s like gathering, Coli, or anything else. Put the work into it-don’t matter if their expecting for everyone to play it, if it’s NOT clanbound. As long as it isn’t, it’s technicslly avaible to everyone. Like Kickstarter items—do something special, and you get it. (With the exception of it not getting taken away LIKELY)
Star.png
Poetry:
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3127355/1#post_50986043
[quote]If PVP isn't supposed to affect the economy/rest of the site, don't add prizes period.[/quote] Basically this. I still say it's completely unfair that artists get to actually impact the economy and the rest of the site by creating skins and accents for premium currency, but the people who actually play the game itself to earn prizes are going to be kept from impacting the economy.
Quote:
If PVP isn't supposed to affect the economy/rest of the site, don't add prizes period.
Basically this.

I still say it's completely unfair that artists get to actually impact the economy and the rest of the site by creating skins and accents for premium currency, but the people who actually play the game itself to earn prizes are going to be kept from impacting the economy.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
It's a bad idea whichever way you look at it.

Either they make it only available to a few players who excel at PvP. In which case those players end up with 100s of duplicate apparel that they can't sell and everyone else ends up with none. Even the players who win won't be happy because they'll be stuck with extras they don't want and no way to make a profit off it.

If they make it more of a "participation" prize, that anyone can get just by entering enough PvP battles then it will totally ruin PvP for the players that actually want to fight, because the majority of players will be throwing their level 1 dragons into "battles" to meditate every move, just to get their number of participation points.

Clanbound items were a terrible idea to start with and the devs should have realized this from what happened with the clanbound eyes and breed changes - it just encouraged people into the bad practice of exchanging dragons without collateral.
Clanbound apparel will just encourage users to share their logins so that someone else can come along with their dragons and fight for you under your login until you get the apparel.

Either they make it only available to a few players who excel at PvP. In which case those players end up with 100s of duplicate apparel that they can't sell and everyone else ends up with none. Even the players who win won't be happy because they'll be stuck with extras they don't want and no way to make a profit off it.

If they make it more of a "participation" prize, that anyone can get just by entering enough PvP battles then it will totally ruin PvP for the players that actually want to fight, because the majority of players will be throwing their level 1 dragons into "battles" to meditate every move, just to get their number of participation points.

Clanbound items were a terrible idea to start with and the devs should have realized this from what happened with the clanbound eyes and breed changes - it just encouraged people into the bad practice of exchanging dragons without collateral.
Clanbound apparel will just encourage users to share their logins so that someone else can come along with their dragons and fight for you under your login until you get the apparel.

support.

i, for one, have no interest at all in pvp, and i'm sure i'm not the only one. a great thing about this game is the options. if you don't like coli grinding, just buy familiars/drops off the AH. if you don't like brewing, you can just buy baldwin items. you can buy swipp items off the AH. even KS items, as others have said, are attainable through other forms of hard work.

plenty of users don't care about coli. i don't understand the purpose of having those items being completely unattainable to those who don't like or can't do pvp when it's not like that with any other type of item.

and even for those that do pvp, what if they don't even like the apparel? or get duplicates? they're just stuck with it in their hoard forever?

there's really no reason for it to be clanbound. it doesn't benefit anybody, it just makes things frustrating for both types of players.
support.

i, for one, have no interest at all in pvp, and i'm sure i'm not the only one. a great thing about this game is the options. if you don't like coli grinding, just buy familiars/drops off the AH. if you don't like brewing, you can just buy baldwin items. you can buy swipp items off the AH. even KS items, as others have said, are attainable through other forms of hard work.

plenty of users don't care about coli. i don't understand the purpose of having those items being completely unattainable to those who don't like or can't do pvp when it's not like that with any other type of item.

and even for those that do pvp, what if they don't even like the apparel? or get duplicates? they're just stuck with it in their hoard forever?

there's really no reason for it to be clanbound. it doesn't benefit anybody, it just makes things frustrating for both types of players.
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
[quote name="HaloJones" date="2019-10-15 05:37:32" ] It's a bad idea whichever way you look at it. Either they make it only available to a few players who excel at PvP. In which case those players end up with 100s of duplicate apparel that they can't sell and everyone else ends up with none. Even the players who win won't be happy because they'll be stuck with extras they don't want and no way to make a profit off it. If they make it more of a "participation" prize, that anyone can get just by entering enough PvP battles then it will totally ruin PvP for the players that actually want to fight, because the majority of players will be throwing their level 1 dragons into "battles" to meditate every move, just to get their number of participation points. [/quote] Definitely agree with this. I can understand the intent, but I really don't think it would work out well. [quote]Clanbound apparel will just encourage users to share their logins so that someone else can come along with their dragons and fight for you under your login until you get the apparel.[/quote] Hopefully there wouldn't be too much of this - lending dragons, while not supported, isn't actually breaking the rules, and the most you can lose is one dragon, instead of your whole account. But yeah, I'd prefer not to see a system where certain users are tempted to do it because they're completely blocked from these items otherwise.
HaloJones wrote on 2019-10-15 05:37:32:

Definitely agree with this. I can understand the intent, but I really don't think it would work out well.

Quote:
Hopefully there wouldn't be too much of this - lending dragons, while not supported, isn't actually breaking the rules, and the most you can lose is one dragon, instead of your whole account. But yeah, I'd prefer not to see a system where certain users are tempted to do it because they're completely blocked from these items otherwise.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18