Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No Clanbound Apparel
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Support, support and support.
And not just because it will impact economy, but because guess what? Decisions like this ALWAYS give rise to hackers, multi-accounters, scammers and other shady dealers of all kinds. It's a supply-demand principles in action - when there is demand for something, but little or no official supply of it, a black market is sure to bloom. Humans are surprisingly resourseful creatures after all.
Support, support and support.
And not just because it will impact economy, but because guess what? Decisions like this ALWAYS give rise to hackers, multi-accounters, scammers and other shady dealers of all kinds. It's a supply-demand principles in action - when there is demand for something, but little or no official supply of it, a black market is sure to bloom. Humans are surprisingly resourseful creatures after all.
[quote name="Almedha" date="2019-08-27 12:22:29" ] [quote]I could either tincture them to get my participation points, or, if it matches dragons based on their level and stat points used to try and prevent that, I'll just dump every point I can into intelligence and strength, and then just meditate forever.[/quote] It's not like tinctures are even expensive. And a while ago we all got three for free. I still have two of mine, so I may not be the only one. [/quote] It's also fully possibly to use a trainer and take a dragon to 25 [i]without[/i] statting them at all, no tincture required. I've got several in-progress and a couple finished 25s with their untouched level 1 stats because I seldom bother with changing stats as I train.
Almedha wrote on 2019-08-27 12:22:29:
Quote:
I could either tincture them to get my participation points, or, if it matches dragons based on their level and stat points used to try and prevent that, I'll just dump every point I can into intelligence and strength, and then just meditate forever.
It's not like tinctures are even expensive.
And a while ago we all got three for free. I still have two of mine, so I may not be the only one.

It's also fully possibly to use a trainer and take a dragon to 25 without statting them at all, no tincture required.

I've got several in-progress and a couple finished 25s with their untouched level 1 stats because I seldom bother with changing stats as I train.
[quote name="@LunaSea" date="2019-08-27 16:45:00" ] I am sorry to say it folks but I would meditate myself into oblivion if there was apparel I really wanted. I know it would annoy people and I do hate that but I would feel cornered into it. [/quote] I don't feel any grudge towards individual users who end up doing this; I'll save that for the system itself if it makes that method necessary or even advantageous.
@LunaSea wrote on 2019-08-27 16:45:00:
I am sorry to say it folks but I would meditate myself into oblivion if there was apparel I really wanted. I know it would annoy people and I do hate that but I would feel cornered into it.

I don't feel any grudge towards individual users who end up doing this; I'll save that for the system itself if it makes that method necessary or even advantageous.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Honestly, if there are participation points for losing, I'd probably use unstatted dragons to lose quicker. I like apparel, I dislike PvP. If that's the only way to get the apparel, well, sorry guys. I'm gonna be that annoying person you'll be beating up a lot.

Think you'd get more points for landing a hit? Then I might give my lizards full speed stat and two ambushes just to poink your snoot first, not really any less annoying. I hope there won't be a need for this sort of sneakery.

Please, staff. Not clanbound.
Honestly, if there are participation points for losing, I'd probably use unstatted dragons to lose quicker. I like apparel, I dislike PvP. If that's the only way to get the apparel, well, sorry guys. I'm gonna be that annoying person you'll be beating up a lot.

Think you'd get more points for landing a hit? Then I might give my lizards full speed stat and two ambushes just to poink your snoot first, not really any less annoying. I hope there won't be a need for this sort of sneakery.

Please, staff. Not clanbound.
66MHIIb.png
PvP is going to be a double bust - all because of te idea of clanbound prizes for it.
Then they'll have to take it away a second time.
PvP is going to be a double bust - all because of te idea of clanbound prizes for it.
Then they'll have to take it away a second time.
I commented here earlier, but I wanted to add to the chorus of, "well I'll just take un- or poorly statted Level 25s into PvP Coli to obtain Clanbound apparel"; there's no point in forcing people to PvP, since it will just make the experience less enjoyable all around and to be quite honest, trying to force people to use a feature sends a message of "well, we're not confident in our abilities to make this feature compelling in its own right, so we're just gonna lock stuff so people will use it regardless of its quality" which is... yeah. That's not very reassuring. :\

To give an example of this, the MMO Elder Scrolls Online has several abilities that are essential to many PvE builds that are locked behind PvP, and I've probably irritated a fair number of actual PvPers as I'm not skilled at PvP. (and tbh, I've purposefully played badly because 99% of the time the DPS charges into a group of enemy players... #healerproblems)

Another thing that someone mentioned is, "will this extend beyond Coli PvP items?"; one of the main things that keeps me on FR & from drifting away to some other petsite is the fact that you don't need real money to get the fancy premium stuff & FR doesn't have that attitude of preying on "whales" (ugh) that many other companies have, and I'd rather not see more Clanbound items trickle in (regardless of how they're obtained) until we end up with Clanbound items connected to physical item purchases.
I commented here earlier, but I wanted to add to the chorus of, "well I'll just take un- or poorly statted Level 25s into PvP Coli to obtain Clanbound apparel"; there's no point in forcing people to PvP, since it will just make the experience less enjoyable all around and to be quite honest, trying to force people to use a feature sends a message of "well, we're not confident in our abilities to make this feature compelling in its own right, so we're just gonna lock stuff so people will use it regardless of its quality" which is... yeah. That's not very reassuring. :\

To give an example of this, the MMO Elder Scrolls Online has several abilities that are essential to many PvE builds that are locked behind PvP, and I've probably irritated a fair number of actual PvPers as I'm not skilled at PvP. (and tbh, I've purposefully played badly because 99% of the time the DPS charges into a group of enemy players... #healerproblems)

Another thing that someone mentioned is, "will this extend beyond Coli PvP items?"; one of the main things that keeps me on FR & from drifting away to some other petsite is the fact that you don't need real money to get the fancy premium stuff & FR doesn't have that attitude of preying on "whales" (ugh) that many other companies have, and I'd rather not see more Clanbound items trickle in (regardless of how they're obtained) until we end up with Clanbound items connected to physical item purchases.
@Seadramon
The stupid thing about clanbound anything is that there are always ways around it. But those ways are things that are really bad practices.
So basically, by introducing clanbound items the staff are encouraging FR users to engage in bad practices.
For any sort of dragon altering item, people start exchanging dragons (sometimes without collateral). Want a clanbound apparel item and you can't coli? Pay someone else and give them your FR login ID so they can log in as you and get it for you.
This is a great way to run a game isn't it.

@Seadramon
The stupid thing about clanbound anything is that there are always ways around it. But those ways are things that are really bad practices.
So basically, by introducing clanbound items the staff are encouraging FR users to engage in bad practices.
For any sort of dragon altering item, people start exchanging dragons (sometimes without collateral). Want a clanbound apparel item and you can't coli? Pay someone else and give them your FR login ID so they can log in as you and get it for you.
This is a great way to run a game isn't it.

I realize I came off as rather aggressive in my previous post, and I'd like to apologize. I'm not annoyed at any individual user who would do this, and I'm obviously not annoyed at Greyvenn who I was replying to. If the only way to get apparel was to break the system, you know I'd still find some stupid way to make a profit. I'd just really rather get my profit legitimately, by playing a fair match and selling my winnings on the AH
I realize I came off as rather aggressive in my previous post, and I'd like to apologize. I'm not annoyed at any individual user who would do this, and I'm obviously not annoyed at Greyvenn who I was replying to. If the only way to get apparel was to break the system, you know I'd still find some stupid way to make a profit. I'd just really rather get my profit legitimately, by playing a fair match and selling my winnings on the AH
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2019-08-27 17:50:40" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2019-08-27 12:22:29" ] [quote]I could either tincture them to get my participation points, or, if it matches dragons based on their level and stat points used to try and prevent that, I'll just dump every point I can into intelligence and strength, and then just meditate forever.[/quote] It's not like tinctures are even expensive. And a while ago we all got three for free. I still have two of mine, so I may not be the only one. [/quote] It's also fully possibly to use a trainer and take a dragon to 25 [i]without[/i] statting them at all, no tincture required. I've got several in-progress and a couple finished 25s with their untouched level 1 stats because I seldom bother with changing stats as I train. [/quote] If we're sharing future PvP strategies... may I suggest an untintured Skydancer? They have 4 points in health, less than the base 5 that tinctures give and that might be a useful difference.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2019-08-27 17:50:40:
Almedha wrote on 2019-08-27 12:22:29:
Quote:
I could either tincture them to get my participation points, or, if it matches dragons based on their level and stat points used to try and prevent that, I'll just dump every point I can into intelligence and strength, and then just meditate forever.
It's not like tinctures are even expensive.
And a while ago we all got three for free. I still have two of mine, so I may not be the only one.

It's also fully possibly to use a trainer and take a dragon to 25 without statting them at all, no tincture required.

I've got several in-progress and a couple finished 25s with their untouched level 1 stats because I seldom bother with changing stats as I train.

If we're sharing future PvP strategies... may I suggest an untintured Skydancer? They have 4 points in health, less than the base 5 that tinctures give and that might be a useful difference.
JQQ3Fjt.png
Absolute support for no clanbound apparel. I'd prefer no clanbound items than can be used anywhere outside of the pvp coli (like vistas) but I could tolerate those.
Absolute support for no clanbound apparel. I'd prefer no clanbound items than can be used anywhere outside of the pvp coli (like vistas) but I could tolerate those.
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18