Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No Ancient Breeds in Coli Captchas
As the title says. I know there are lots of outstanding issues with the coli captchas beyond the inclusion of ancient breeds, but I didn't realize that this was even possible until I had a Gaoler in one of mine last night.

(No screenshot, unfortunately, but it was either a Gaoler or a dragon wearing so much linebreaking apparel that it looked like one, which is another issue entirely)

One of the reasons that ancient breeds don't have apparel is that they get to be more silhouette breaking than modern breeds, like the Gaoler's wings and tail shape. It's difficult in the same way that silhouette breaking apparel on coli captcha dragons can be a nightmare to pick out from the background/other options, especially if you're moving quickly or have visual impairments, or both.

So yeah. Other problems with the coli captchas notwithstanding, at least exclude ancient breeds for the time being.
As the title says. I know there are lots of outstanding issues with the coli captchas beyond the inclusion of ancient breeds, but I didn't realize that this was even possible until I had a Gaoler in one of mine last night.

(No screenshot, unfortunately, but it was either a Gaoler or a dragon wearing so much linebreaking apparel that it looked like one, which is another issue entirely)

One of the reasons that ancient breeds don't have apparel is that they get to be more silhouette breaking than modern breeds, like the Gaoler's wings and tail shape. It's difficult in the same way that silhouette breaking apparel on coli captcha dragons can be a nightmare to pick out from the background/other options, especially if you're moving quickly or have visual impairments, or both.

So yeah. Other problems with the coli captchas notwithstanding, at least exclude ancient breeds for the time being.
Yeah I agree, especially if future dragons break the four legs, one set of wings, one head formula, it’ll be harder to easily recognize them as dragons.
Yeah I agree, especially if future dragons break the four legs, one set of wings, one head formula, it’ll be harder to easily recognize them as dragons.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
Support.

But honestly they just need to change the captcha system entirely.
Support.

Nq0eoGi.png
Agreed. Once we start getting ancient breeds that break the one head, two wings, four legs, one tail template, it's going to be even harder than it already is to tell the dragon apart from the familiars in the capcha screen.

Seriously, how many times have you been duped by a manticore thinking it was a male tundra since they look so similar in the tiny image?
Agreed. Once we start getting ancient breeds that break the one head, two wings, four legs, one tail template, it's going to be even harder than it already is to tell the dragon apart from the familiars in the capcha screen.

Seriously, how many times have you been duped by a manticore thinking it was a male tundra since they look so similar in the tiny image?
forumsig_by_plantfeathers-datch91.png
[quote name="Cadash" date="2019-08-19 14:16:15" ] Support. But honestly they just need to change the captcha system entirely. [/quote] Yes, these are my feelings on it.
Cadash wrote on 2019-08-19 14:16:15:
Support.

Yes, these are my feelings on it.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.