Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let goalers wear clothing (kinda)
Clothing is applied like a sticker over top of the dragon, right, it's just a big square, mostly transparent image, which is why sometimes things don't line up correctly because the art was saved wrong [img]http://i.imgur.com/nrWwwKL.png[/img] (image borrowed from the apparel bug tracking thread) I would like if Gaoler's could wear apparel.... but the "sticker" that gets layered over top of them is just a big, blank, completely transparent square. Effectively, nothing about the dragon image changes. The work involved would be that when new clothing is added, the artist has to save two more extra canvases "gaoler m" and "gaoler f" versions of the art. But it's just a blank canvas, no extra actual drawing work required. Instead of... [img]https://i.gyazo.com/002dd4aae6c18b102662a3f668ba15ad.png[/img] you would have... [img]https://i.gyazo.com/069fe995671ac33bbd5ae10b547e52ab.png[/img] The clothing item would be listed in the apparel box so that people (me) can put antlers on all their dragons, large moose ferrets included. For lore purposes, it would also allow you to show what clothing your dragon WOULD be wearing, if there WAS art for it. Or, for getting art of your dragon made! having a list of what clothing it should be wearing in commissioned, non-fr-official art. This would also allow, if admin decided, to eventually have non fitted flowerfalls and the like actually visible on gaolers by just not having a totally blank canvas. Instead of a system of "selective clothing items are allowed to be worn", anything and everything can technically be worn. Only select clothing actually changes the dragon's appearance though. The downside: instead of people asking "why can't my gaoler wear clothing" in the help forum, now those people will be asking "why isn't the clothing slowing up", which idk, is just a different flavor of gaoler clothing question.
Clothing is applied like a sticker over top of the dragon, right, it's just a big square, mostly transparent image, which is why sometimes things don't line up correctly because the art was saved wrong
nrWwwKL.png
(image borrowed from the apparel bug tracking thread)

I would like if Gaoler's could wear apparel.... but the "sticker" that gets layered over top of them is just a big, blank, completely transparent square. Effectively, nothing about the dragon image changes.

The work involved would be that when new clothing is added, the artist has to save two more extra canvases "gaoler m" and "gaoler f" versions of the art. But it's just a blank canvas, no extra actual drawing work required.

Instead of...
002dd4aae6c18b102662a3f668ba15ad.png
you would have...
069fe995671ac33bbd5ae10b547e52ab.png

The clothing item would be listed in the apparel box so that people (me) can put antlers on all their dragons, large moose ferrets included.

For lore purposes, it would also allow you to show what clothing your dragon WOULD be wearing, if there WAS art for it. Or, for getting art of your dragon made! having a list of what clothing it should be wearing in commissioned, non-fr-official art.

This would also allow, if admin decided, to eventually have non fitted flowerfalls and the like actually visible on gaolers by just not having a totally blank canvas. Instead of a system of "selective clothing items are allowed to be worn", anything and everything can technically be worn. Only select clothing actually changes the dragon's appearance though.

The downside: instead of people asking "why can't my gaoler wear clothing" in the help forum, now those people will be asking "why isn't the clothing slowing up", which idk, is just a different flavor of gaoler clothing question.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
I don't support this, since it seems like defeating the point? Nobody uses the Emperor's New Clothes item anyways, and it's more work (however trivial) that does effectively do... nothing.
I do support a "showroom" or personal hoard (which has been suggested at least five different times that I found, but those're just a recent and a 2014 one). These would basically do the same thing, but they would not need to behave differently for different breeds.
I don't support this, since it seems like defeating the point? Nobody uses the Emperor's New Clothes item anyways, and it's more work (however trivial) that does effectively do... nothing.
I do support a "showroom" or personal hoard (which has been suggested at least five different times that I found, but those're just a recent and a 2014 one). These would basically do the same thing, but they would not need to behave differently for different breeds.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

There doesn't seem to be much point to it, and it seems like it would simply cause too much confusion, especially with newer players who don't know that ancients were created to be quicker produced because they didn't wear clothing.
I have to say no support.

There doesn't seem to be much point to it, and it seems like it would simply cause too much confusion, especially with newer players who don't know that ancients were created to be quicker produced because they didn't wear clothing.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I’m kinda neutral on this. It really wouldn’t hurt, but it doesn’t serve a great purpose and it could get a little confusing with players wondering why apparel isn’t showing up. The showroom idea is neat if each dragon could display a sort of showroom to keep this type of information.
I’m kinda neutral on this. It really wouldn’t hurt, but it doesn’t serve a great purpose and it could get a little confusing with players wondering why apparel isn’t showing up. The showroom idea is neat if each dragon could display a sort of showroom to keep this type of information.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
I think this would cause confusion over why apparel doesn't show up on certain breeds.

Why not just dedicate a small section of your dragon's bio to display the apparel items your dragon wears in your lore?
I think this would cause confusion over why apparel doesn't show up on certain breeds.

Why not just dedicate a small section of your dragon's bio to display the apparel items your dragon wears in your lore?
forumsig_by_plantfeathers-datch91.png
I think implementing this would be a lot of work for nothing. You can already put the item icons in your dragon's bio, where you can list what apparel they would wear if they could. I just don't think this is practical enough for the devs to put in the effort to do it.

I think something like a dragon's "personal hoard" would be cute, though, and a little different than just putting the items in the bio, while being less confusing re: apparel on ancients.
I think implementing this would be a lot of work for nothing. You can already put the item icons in your dragon's bio, where you can list what apparel they would wear if they could. I just don't think this is practical enough for the devs to put in the effort to do it.

I think something like a dragon's "personal hoard" would be cute, though, and a little different than just putting the items in the bio, while being less confusing re: apparel on ancients.
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar