Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Blossom on other breeds?
1 2
Now before you go panic mode, this is just a suggestion. I would honestly love to have the blossom gene on other breeds because...well I just love the gene. It would look pretty on say, Coatls and Wildclaws.

However, I DO know that it would drop the rarity and price of the gene as a whole, but this post is more just to see what everyone's thoughts are. I'm not in anyway proposing this or expecting it to receive a lot of support or for it to ever happen. I honestly have no issue at all with the way it is now.
Now before you go panic mode, this is just a suggestion. I would honestly love to have the blossom gene on other breeds because...well I just love the gene. It would look pretty on say, Coatls and Wildclaws.

However, I DO know that it would drop the rarity and price of the gene as a whole, but this post is more just to see what everyone's thoughts are. I'm not in anyway proposing this or expecting it to receive a lot of support or for it to ever happen. I honestly have no issue at all with the way it is now.
sYJ7QdI.png
I would adore this tbh, but I'm not sure it's possible - at least now how blossom currently exists. It does break the lineart, just a little bit, which would cause a bunch if issues with clipping on apparel and accents/skins. If they did do blossom for other breeds, it would have to be a different blossom than what we have for gaolers. New art, new flower placement, etc.

I would adore this tbh, but I'm not sure it's possible - at least now how blossom currently exists. It does break the lineart, just a little bit, which would cause a bunch if issues with clipping on apparel and accents/skins. If they did do blossom for other breeds, it would have to be a different blossom than what we have for gaolers. New art, new flower placement, etc.

a b o u t - h a t c h e r y
36vcrVo.png
I rent nests through the nest network.
I support this suggestion, HOWEVER. [quote]However, I DO know that it would drop the rarity and price of the gene as a whole[/quote] Pretty sure it wouldn't actually drop the rarity and price of the gene, tbh - Gaoler genes go for half Modern breeds go for. So, I do feel that Blossom for other breeds would cost as much in Swipp as it does for Gaolers. We're not gonna get a discount on it, it's still gonna remain expensive and annoying for people who didn't get their foraging power on [quote]It does break the lineart, just a little bit, which would cause a bunch if issues with clipping on apparel and accents/skins. [/quote] Spines and Firefly also do, and they're manageable. I don't think it's Wintercoat or Gnarlhorns level of linebreaking :)
I support this suggestion, HOWEVER.
Quote:
However, I DO know that it would drop the rarity and price of the gene as a whole

Pretty sure it wouldn't actually drop the rarity and price of the gene, tbh - Gaoler genes go for half Modern breeds go for.

So, I do feel that Blossom for other breeds would cost as much in Swipp as it does for Gaolers. We're not gonna get a discount on it, it's still gonna remain expensive and annoying for people who didn't get their foraging power on
Quote:
It does break the lineart, just a little bit, which would cause a bunch if issues with clipping on apparel and accents/skins.

Spines and Firefly also do, and they're manageable. I don't think it's Wintercoat or Gnarlhorns level of linebreaking :)
I love blossom and would love to see it on other breeds.. however I think increasing the demand for the gene might wind up literally breaking people xD
I love blossom and would love to see it on other breeds.. however I think increasing the demand for the gene might wind up literally breaking people xD
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2019-08-17 09:10:40" ] [quote]It does break the lineart, just a little bit, which would cause a bunch if issues with clipping on apparel and accents/skins. [/quote] Spines and Firefly also do, and they're manageable. I don't think it's Wintercoat or Gnarlhorns level of linebreaking :) [/quote] True, however firefly sits around the dragons body, spines only goes along the spine, whereas blossom, at least on gaolers, covers the body and face. I don't know if it would be an issue, but I could see it being more difficult to work around than your average tert.
Corviknight wrote on 2019-08-17 09:10:40:
Quote:
It does break the lineart, just a little bit, which would cause a bunch if issues with clipping on apparel and accents/skins.

Spines and Firefly also do, and they're manageable. I don't think it's Wintercoat or Gnarlhorns level of linebreaking :)

True, however firefly sits around the dragons body, spines only goes along the spine, whereas blossom, at least on gaolers, covers the body and face. I don't know if it would be an issue, but I could see it being more difficult to work around than your average tert.
a b o u t - h a t c h e r y
36vcrVo.png
I rent nests through the nest network.
This, I'd save mums for.
This, I'd save mums for.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Oh wow, I'm shocked at the responses! But yeah I never thought of how the blossoms would look on other dragons so I'm sure for it to be possible there would have to be some tweaks to it.
Oh wow, I'm shocked at the responses! But yeah I never thought of how the blossoms would look on other dragons so I'm sure for it to be possible there would have to be some tweaks to it.
sYJ7QdI.png
If they could make it work well, I'd support it. It would have to be a different trade, perhaps using these: [item=football mums] or [item=pompom mums] and [item=preserved petals]
If they could make it work well, I'd support it. It would have to be a different trade, perhaps using these:

Football Mums or Pompom Mums

and

Preserved Petals
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Support!

Blossom doesn't strike me as much more line-breaking than Gembond (an admittedly older, but still line-breaking gene) or Spines/Firefly and would/could no doubt be tweaked for the modern breeds if it's a problem.

I definitely would prefer it be a Swipp trade as well, preferably using one of the other mum varieties, but otherwise support. It's a very pretty gene.
Support!

Blossom doesn't strike me as much more line-breaking than Gembond (an admittedly older, but still line-breaking gene) or Spines/Firefly and would/could no doubt be tweaked for the modern breeds if it's a problem.

I definitely would prefer it be a Swipp trade as well, preferably using one of the other mum varieties, but otherwise support. It's a very pretty gene.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
I thought it was weird that blossom was considered line-breaking enough to be a gaoler exclusive to begin with when if you're careful it could be made to not break the lines any more than spines does, so i'm all for this.
I thought it was weird that blossom was considered line-breaking enough to be a gaoler exclusive to begin with when if you're careful it could be made to not break the lines any more than spines does, so i'm all for this.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
1 2