Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Automatic spoiler for certian genes/eyes
1 2 3
Jag/ros. Plague primal eyes. Shadow primal eyes. The newest clouded leapord genes. What all these features have in common is that they can make certian users uncomfortable. Plauge primal can creep people out, jag/ros and others like it trigger Trytophobia. I'm sure there's more I don't know about. What I'm suggesting is akin to Discord's Spoiler mode. In the Setting, there could be a section to input specific genes/eye types/whatever else could be coded in, and the dragons would automatically be put behind some sort of blurred spoiler. Additionally, there could be on the image what exactly it was hiding. If you tap the image- or some sort of checkbox beside it, or something like that- it could show the dragon hidden. Unfortunately, as I'm on Mobile right now, I can't add mock-ups. If you want to make a mock-up, though, I can quote it in this post below. If a post like this exists already, I apologize and ask you to please point me in it's direction. Update: Yes, it would be personal to the user that inputs what they need censored. Update: [quote name="Bast6415" date="2019-08-17 14:32:43" ] Since I must not have worded it well: Personal spoilers wouldn't affect everyone. If you never touch the spoiler setting, then every dragon is crystal-clear. The way I imagine it would work, you'd go into settings and select genes/eye types/maybe even colors like radioactive that you, personally, don't want to see without warning/at all. Then, for you, personally, dragons with that feature would be blurred out or otherwise censored in some way. Then, you would be able to click the dragon or a button nearby it (or something of that nature) and see the dragon. (That switch could possibly be able to be turned on/off.) This is not meant to affect users that don't have any sensitivity to any dragon features. This is meant to help users that hate looking at plague primal. Support for spoiler button on top, though, but that wouldn't entirely fix the problem. Do FR spoils even work on images? [/quote] [quote name="gemajgall" date="2019-08-17 20:00:28" ] I support this. Maybe instead of blurring dragons' images, it just shows them with basic genes/common eyes/no apparel? I know it would be a lot of work out the gate, perhaps coding everything to have a flag, and then allowing users to individually block certain flags. However, I feel in the long run it could be more beneficial for the site. For example, it could be used for skins and accents. Accents with scars and plague-themes could now be allowed, and players who are squeamish could just block the flags: scars, blood, plague, whatever. (It would also mean FR has predetermined, universal flags they decide rather than player selected. That prevents people from having to block: blood, bloody, bleeding, bleeds, bled, whatever all combinations thereof.) Players of faith could actually have some representation, and other players who dislike seeing religious symbols could just block the religious flag. (Of course, if something is over the top gory or disrespectful to a religion/culture it would still be rejected, but at least the playerbase could have a bit more freedom). I'm not sure how this would work in the Coli with enemies, but everything else could have a default image that shows if a flag is blocked. Subeta has an item image like that. It says "so you wanna see something here?" I like it; it's pun-y. Anyway, I hope I made sense. [/quote] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2738179/2#post_40278126]X[/url] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-08-18 11:56:25" ] Bottom line: these sites such as FR are entertainment avenues and as such, players are not and should not be forced to view things they find distasteful, triggering, unpleasant if they do not want to. Players use sites such as these to relax and escape from real life for a little while. I will not join a site that has forced pet death, that is my choice, and something that I like having a heads up on before I join a site. I would LOVE to avoid sites/games that have spiders in them, but if I did that, I would be practically limited to solitaire only (and even some of that has spiders...), so if a site/game gives me a way to avoid spider imagery, I love it. I have to deal with spiders enough in real life, I don't want to have to deal with them in my avenues of relaxation. [/quote] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2738179/3#post_40281755]Full quote here[/url]
Jag/ros. Plague primal eyes. Shadow primal eyes. The newest clouded leapord genes. What all these features have in common is that they can make certian users uncomfortable. Plauge primal can creep people out, jag/ros and others like it trigger Trytophobia. I'm sure there's more I don't know about.

What I'm suggesting is akin to Discord's Spoiler mode. In the Setting, there could be a section to input specific genes/eye types/whatever else could be coded in, and the dragons would automatically be put behind some sort of blurred spoiler. Additionally, there could be on the image what exactly it was hiding. If you tap the image- or some sort of checkbox beside it, or something like that- it could show the dragon hidden.

Unfortunately, as I'm on Mobile right now, I can't add mock-ups. If you want to make a mock-up, though, I can quote it in this post below.

If a post like this exists already, I apologize and ask you to please point me in it's direction.

Update: Yes, it would be personal to the user that inputs what they need censored.

Update:
Bast6415 wrote on 2019-08-17 14:32:43:
Since I must not have worded it well:

Personal spoilers wouldn't affect everyone. If you never touch the spoiler setting, then every dragon is crystal-clear.

The way I imagine it would work, you'd go into settings and select genes/eye types/maybe even colors like radioactive that you, personally, don't want to see without warning/at all. Then, for you, personally, dragons with that feature would be blurred out or otherwise censored in some way. Then, you would be able to click the dragon or a button nearby it (or something of that nature) and see the dragon. (That switch could possibly be able to be turned on/off.)

This is not meant to affect users that don't have any sensitivity to any dragon features. This is meant to help users that hate looking at plague primal. Support for spoiler button on top, though, but that wouldn't entirely fix the problem. Do FR spoils even work on images?

gemajgall wrote on 2019-08-17 20:00:28:
I support this. Maybe instead of blurring dragons' images, it just shows them with basic genes/common eyes/no apparel? I know it would be a lot of work out the gate, perhaps coding everything to have a flag, and then allowing users to individually block certain flags. However, I feel in the long run it could be more beneficial for the site. For example, it could be used for skins and accents. Accents with scars and plague-themes could now be allowed, and players who are squeamish could just block the flags: scars, blood, plague, whatever. (It would also mean FR has predetermined, universal flags they decide rather than player selected. That prevents people from having to block: blood, bloody, bleeding, bleeds, bled, whatever all combinations thereof.) Players of faith could actually have some representation, and other players who dislike seeing religious symbols could just block the religious flag. (Of course, if something is over the top gory or disrespectful to a religion/culture it would still be rejected, but at least the playerbase could have a bit more freedom).

I'm not sure how this would work in the Coli with enemies, but everything else could have a default image that shows if a flag is blocked. Subeta has an item image like that. It says "so you wanna see something here?" I like it; it's pun-y.

Anyway, I hope I made sense.

X
Jemadar wrote on 2019-08-18 11:56:25:
Bottom line: these sites such as FR are entertainment avenues and as such, players are not and should not be forced to view things they find distasteful, triggering, unpleasant if they do not want to. Players use sites such as these to relax and escape from real life for a little while. I will not join a site that has forced pet death, that is my choice, and something that I like having a heads up on before I join a site. I would LOVE to avoid sites/games that have spiders in them, but if I did that, I would be practically limited to solitaire only (and even some of that has spiders...), so if a site/game gives me a way to avoid spider imagery, I love it. I have to deal with spiders enough in real life, I don't want to have to deal with them in my avenues of relaxation.

Full quote here
Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
I mean, a part of me kinda supports this? But at the same time I don't because a blurry mess all over a dragon just kinda...is eh for me. The best thing I can think of is for users that are uncomfortable with those genes save up to change them, or just avoid having them altogether, not trying to sound mean or anything.
I mean, a part of me kinda supports this? But at the same time I don't because a blurry mess all over a dragon just kinda...is eh for me. The best thing I can think of is for users that are uncomfortable with those genes save up to change them, or just avoid having them altogether, not trying to sound mean or anything.
sYJ7QdI.png
I don't think I'd support this, at least if it's automatic. People who like those genes and eyes shouldn't have their dragons blurred out just because others get uncomfortable at the sight of it.

Maybe support if it was an individual setting users could adjust, so these dragons are only blurred for them? I think that might be what you're suggesting but I could be wrong (I just woke up, apologies lol).

I don't know, I'm kind of of the opinion that if something like the new genes puts you into a full blown panic attack just from seeing it, it might be better to try to work on that issue rather than asking the world around you to adjust. I realize this is easier said than done, though.
I don't think I'd support this, at least if it's automatic. People who like those genes and eyes shouldn't have their dragons blurred out just because others get uncomfortable at the sight of it.

Maybe support if it was an individual setting users could adjust, so these dragons are only blurred for them? I think that might be what you're suggesting but I could be wrong (I just woke up, apologies lol).

I don't know, I'm kind of of the opinion that if something like the new genes puts you into a full blown panic attack just from seeing it, it might be better to try to work on that issue rather than asking the world around you to adjust. I realize this is easier said than done, though.
a b o u t - h a t c h e r y
36vcrVo.png
I rent nests through the nest network.
The thing is that a lot of things can be triggering - it's not just trypophobia. multi-gaze and several primal are in body horror realm. (Earth and Nature primals might not be as wildly discussed as Shadow and Plague, but they're still disturbing)

Other people might be arachnophobic, while other love spiders - we just got a bunch of spiders via Galore. Leeches/Roaches can also be a trigger, Thylacine in certain colors ressemble body harm...and extremely saturated colors can trigger migraines and headaches in a fringe of the population

So, making this automatic would be literal hell.

I could support filters, but nothing automatic because triggers are as varied and diverse as people.
The thing is that a lot of things can be triggering - it's not just trypophobia. multi-gaze and several primal are in body horror realm. (Earth and Nature primals might not be as wildly discussed as Shadow and Plague, but they're still disturbing)

Other people might be arachnophobic, while other love spiders - we just got a bunch of spiders via Galore. Leeches/Roaches can also be a trigger, Thylacine in certain colors ressemble body harm...and extremely saturated colors can trigger migraines and headaches in a fringe of the population

So, making this automatic would be literal hell.

I could support filters, but nothing automatic because triggers are as varied and diverse as people.
If it's "automatic" in the way that you yourself the user has to type the things you want blocked, and then the site automatically takes care of blurring them for you, that makes sense. it'd have to cover genes, eyes, colors, items, skins, and accents though. This wouldn't prevent people who put their dragons in breeding cards or artwork though, unless you enforced that people tag/describe exactly what is in each piece of artwork for the site to know what to block, but it would mean less of the site-hosted art being triggering.

I think that is what you mean, not that everything potentially triggering to someone is auto blurred for the entire site. I'm not sure how discord's spoiler mode works, I was under the impression that it IS blocked out for everyone until you tap on it, even if you don't mind seeing the spoilers. (At least that's what happens for me, I haven't fiddled with the settings! but it's super annoying to have to click and see every last message in one of my servers for a show I've already watched, I'm not going to be spoiled. x.x)
If it's "automatic" in the way that you yourself the user has to type the things you want blocked, and then the site automatically takes care of blurring them for you, that makes sense. it'd have to cover genes, eyes, colors, items, skins, and accents though. This wouldn't prevent people who put their dragons in breeding cards or artwork though, unless you enforced that people tag/describe exactly what is in each piece of artwork for the site to know what to block, but it would mean less of the site-hosted art being triggering.

I think that is what you mean, not that everything potentially triggering to someone is auto blurred for the entire site. I'm not sure how discord's spoiler mode works, I was under the impression that it IS blocked out for everyone until you tap on it, even if you don't mind seeing the spoilers. (At least that's what happens for me, I haven't fiddled with the settings! but it's super annoying to have to click and see every last message in one of my servers for a show I've already watched, I'm not going to be spoiled. x.x)
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
If it’s optional and you can input what you want to block, that might work? It would probably be easier to block certain genes or eyes, but harder to block things like familiars or skins/accents.

I could see this being pretty useful, but I kind of doubt it would be implemented with how long it might take.
If it’s optional and you can input what you want to block, that might work? It would probably be easier to block certain genes or eyes, but harder to block things like familiars or skins/accents.

I could see this being pretty useful, but I kind of doubt it would be implemented with how long it might take.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif

Personal spoilers wouldn't affect everyone. If you never touch the spoiler setting, then every dragon is crystal-clear.

The way I imagine it would work, you'd go into settings and select genes/eye types/maybe even colors like radioactive that you, personally, don't want to see without warning/at all. Then, for you, personally, dragons with that feature would be blurred out or otherwise censored in some way. Then, you would be able to click the dragon or a button nearby it (or something of that nature) and see the dragon. (That switch could possibly be able to be turned on/off.)

This is not meant to affect users that don't have any sensitivity to any dragon features. This is meant to help users that hate looking at plague primal. Support for spoiler button on top, though, but that wouldn't entirely fix the problem. Do FR spoils even work on images?

Bast
She/her
Was Bast6415
54149505.png be a chad dragon enjoyer. yes im begging for likes wyd
Eh...I don't mean to be insensitive, but personally I feel like it's far better to get over an image issue rather than continue to fuel the phobia by hiding away anything that could trigger it. If anything, FR is tame enough that it'd be a great beginning place to get used to spiders, spotty genes, "body horror" stuff, etc.
Eh...I don't mean to be insensitive, but personally I feel like it's far better to get over an image issue rather than continue to fuel the phobia by hiding away anything that could trigger it. If anything, FR is tame enough that it'd be a great beginning place to get used to spiders, spotty genes, "body horror" stuff, etc.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Its confusing, how its been worded, but I think what you're asking for is a blur or censor for certain dragons that make people uncomfortable and an option to hide those dragons , not a spoiler?
Its confusing, how its been worded, but I think what you're asking for is a blur or censor for certain dragons that make people uncomfortable and an option to hide those dragons , not a spoiler?
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
While I am not inherently against such a feature as long as it stays purely optional, I'd much rather the devs focus on other, more pressing issues that affect everyone and not just a - relatively - small group.
While I am not inherently against such a feature as long as it stays purely optional, I'd much rather the devs focus on other, more pressing issues that affect everyone and not just a - relatively - small group.
1 2 3